PDA

View Full Version : Packers @ Rams Discussion Thread

pbmax
10-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Didn't see this thread or note so thought it needed its own spot.

Hayward will start at RCB and play slot in dime (JSO says "sub packages" but Woodson moves first in the nickel) while Davon House will see his first action outside in that same dime sub package.

denverYooper
10-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Should be interesting, Packers are out Raji, Shields, Smith, and Perry.

Rams offense has lost a few starters themselves are down to 2nd (RT) and 3rd(LT) string Tackles and their best receiver is gone. I have to believe they're going to spend a lot of time trying to run right.

A couple of busted up units squaring off there.

Of course, the other side of the ball looks like strength on strength.

pbmax
10-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Jennings has made up some ground on McMillan and they split playing time versus the Texans after McMillan had some poor plays versus the Colts.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-md-jennings-getting-edge-on-mcmillian-vq79kfi-175037561.html

mraynrand
10-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Should be interesting, Packers are out Raji, Shields, Smith, and Perry.

Rams offense has lost a few starters themselves are down to 2nd (RT) and 3rd(LT) string Tackles and their best receiver is gone.

That's Aromaofshitdoo, right?

rbaloha1
10-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Do not expect the Packers offense to have the same type of success as last week.

The defense is playing well and should be able to limit the big plays. Expect the Packers to slowly takeover the game and win.

Guiness
10-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Third string LT? Wow, that's a scary thought. Was the guy starting there even on their roster to start the season?

If we lost our first two choices at LT (Newhouse then Lang?) we might end up with a street FA there.

edit: Rams are starting Wayne Hunter at LT, the guy who was that close to ripping Santonio Holmes a new one last season. Nine year vet, but mostly as an RT. Pretty much booed out of New York last year.

edit2: Seems Barclay is the backup LT. I guess the third choice would be Lang, but I'm not convinced him sliding over wouldn't be the first move.

Brandon494
10-20-2012, 06:27 PM
I know we lost to the Colts but Rodger's is a beast in Domes and their offense is horrible. If I was a betting man I'd take Packers at -5.

hoosier
10-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Packers do not do well in games they are supposed to win this year. Let's take the Rams in this one.

OS PA
10-20-2012, 07:32 PM
That's Aromaofshitdoo, right?

Amandola, amendolla, amandollar whatever the fuck his name is. Aromaofshit is part of the Bears Vikings love connection with their receivers, I should through the Lions in there. What is up with those teams? One teams shit wide receiver is another teams treasured shit wide-receiver - Berrian, Aromashadou, Burleson.

mraynrand
10-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Amandola, amendolla, amandollar whatever the fuck his name is. Aromaofshit is part of the Bears Vikings love connection with their receivers, I should through the Lions in there. What is up with those teams? One teams shit wide receiver is another teams treasured shit wide-receiver - Berrian, Aromashadou, Burleson.

Amendola - Danny Gondola, that's it. He was returning KOs and punts too; pretty decent at it. Kindof a little guy, but a big heart. Richardson is pretty good as a backup RB.

Joemailman
10-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Texans blitzed more than any Packer opponent this year and paid the price. If the Packers OT's can hold up well enough to force the Rams to blitz to get pressure, could be another big day for Rodgers. Rams pass defense has been good though, with only 4 TD passes allowed compared to 8 INT's.

Pugger
10-21-2012, 07:44 AM
The Rams have a nice defense but I don't think it is as good as the Texans' and we all saw what a motivated Rodgers and company did to Houston. If we stop their running game and our offense plays anywhere as well as it did last week it's gonna be a long afternoon for the lambs today.

pbmax
10-21-2012, 09:48 AM
The Rams have a nice defense but I don't think it is as good as the Texans' and we all saw what a motivated Rodgers and company did to Houston. If we stop their running game and our offense plays anywhere as well as it did last week it's gonna be a long afternoon for the lambs today.

Texans D is all in the front seven, their backend is problematic even with Joseph. Meaning, of course, that football, like basketball, is all about match ups.

The Rams can cover better.

pbmax
10-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Mad, need a Game Day thread!!

Sports On Earth, Mike Tanier: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/39909962

Packers at Rams

1 p.m. Sunday, FOX
Line: Packers by 5

The Packers now have a viable running game because of Alex Green, the second-year pro who rushed 22 times for 65 yards in the Packers’ blowout victory over the Texans. Green said this week that he learned a lot about his craft by watching injured starter Cedric Benson, which is obvious, because Benson is the guy to watch if you want to rush 22 times for 65 yards. The Packers can get by at 2.95 yards per rush as long as they are getting those 2.95 yards more than seven or eight times per game. All they need is for Aaron Rodgers to be healthy enough to pick apart defenses that may not respect the running game, but aren’t openly defying it. Of course, Rodgers was limited in practice with a bad ankle this week, and Green made the injury report with a bad shoulder, so the Packers may be back to calling four Rodgers scrambles and a Randall Cobb end-around a running game. Against the Rams, that just might be enough.

Prediction: Packers 23, Rams 10

pbmax
10-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Also, did anyone notice there was no penalty on Watt for taking Rodgers helmet off?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/20/watt-not-fined-for-de-helmeting-rodgers/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/19/league-reminds-clubs-of-rules-for-mobile-quarterbacks/

MadtownPacker
10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Alot of negative nellies up in this bitch. I bet they're a bunch of cortland finnegan fans.:evil:

pittstang5
10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Since there's no official game day thread, I'll post this here.

Packers have no chance today. This has "Trap Game" written all over it. This year, Packers seem to play down to their competition and today it happens again. Last week was a fluke. Packers got lucky.

Rams secondary is good, very good. Rogers and the receivers will be hard pressed to accomplish half of the success they had last week. Packers running game - ha, what a joke. Rams will be able to set up play action all day, the Packers secondary will look like a sieve.

Rams 31, Packers 17

Packers will lose, write it down.

denverYooper
10-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Joe Barksdale is starting at LT for the Rams