PDA

View Full Version : Sherrod still uncertain, Packers round out O Line with Van Roten.

denverYooper
10-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Interesting... I imagine Sherrod will go back to IR for the remainder of this year.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20121021/PKR0101/121020033/Sherrod-still-uncertain-Packers-round-out-O-line-rookie-Van-Roten

Fritz
10-21-2012, 09:30 AM
I agree. He's not ready. Next year will be a big year for him, lest he become the next Jamaal Reynolds/Justin Harrell.

pbmax
10-21-2012, 09:59 AM
That must have been some setback in the Spring with him. We are well past the earliest predictions for his return, though there were a host of complicating factors that could have (or did) extend it.

Patler
10-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Some fans said "It is only broken bones, they heal in 6 weeks, he will be ready for TC." I had one either here or on another site I visit "guarantee" that he would be back by the start of the season, at the latest.

I quoted a medical website that said when both bones are broken, it takes six months to resume normal activities without restriction, but if work puts excessive stress on the legs, a patient should wait 8-9 months before resuming work activities, and complete recovery could take 12 months. It seems to me a 320 pound man bouncing around on his legs, and getting in butting and shoving matches with other 300 pounders is probably considered "excessive stress".

The Packers have had a long history of reporting that players are recovering better than expected, then, when TC starts, holding them out, referring to "setbacks" or "just being smart". In the end, they tend to be much more conservative than many other teams, and their players almost always are held out longer than others. Long term, I think they are wise.

mraynrand
10-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I agree. He's not ready. Next year will be a big year for him, lest he become the nextJamaal Reynolds/Justin Harrell.

It hurts me just to read those names

Smidgeon
10-23-2012, 11:47 AM
I agree. He's not ready. Next year will be a big year for him, lest he become the next Jamaal Reynolds/Justin Harrell.

Reynolds couldn't cut it in the NFL. Harrell couldn't stay healthy. Sherrod could be both, either, or neither. A lot of unknowns there.

Lurker64
10-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Van Roten actually compares quite well to a younger EDS. This move could be because they plan on transitioning EDS to the full-time center position next year and replace him in the inside swing guy role with Van Roten.