PDA

View Full Version : Possibly missing 9 starters, how concerned are you?

Patler
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Four for sure:
Jennings
Benson
Woodson
Bishop/Smith

Two likely are out:
Perry
Shields

Three might be out:
Kuhn
Nelson
Raji

It is a testament to TT, that I am not more concerned about this than I am. Sure, it's not a good thing, but I am surprised at how much I am looking forward to watching their replacements, and not overly concerned that the replacements will be awful

George Cumby
10-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Minimally. But I am an admitted Homer.

swede
10-26-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm not concerned. Being a fan is more of a dispassionate intellectual exercise for me.

Statistical analysis entertains me, allows me to construct arguments that frequently contradict conventional wisdom, and throttles back dark urges to fire up the chainsaw and ask the neighbor one last time to cut his grass to the Homeowner Association's prescribed height.

MadScientist
10-26-2012, 02:03 PM
They need to have some way to keep focus against the hapless Jags, so let em rest, and make the others pick up the slack.

Patler
10-26-2012, 02:10 PM
At least it will take a lot of pressure off MM trying to decide who the inactives will be!
If you are cleared medically to play, and you are not the last QB on the depth chart - suit up!

sharpe1027
10-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Did Finley get cleared to play for sure? Last I heard he was still dinged up.

Brandon494
10-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I'd be concerned if we were not playing the Jags without MJD.

Patler
10-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Did Finley get cleared to play for sure? Last I heard he was still dinged up.

Since he did play last week, and there were no reports of him aggravating or re-injuring his shoulder, I assume he is at least as ready as he was last week.

Patler
10-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Four for sure:
Jennings
Benson
Woodson
Bishop/Smith

Two likely are out:
Perry
Shields

Three might be out:
Kuhn
Nelson
Raji

It is a testament to TT, that I am not more concerned about this than I am. Sure, it's not a good thing, but I am surprised at how much I am looking forward to watching their replacements, and not overly concerned that the replacements will be awful

Let me revise the list, based on the report today:

Seven are out for sure:
Jennings
Benson
Woodson
Bishop/Smith
Perry
Shields
Kuhn

One is a game time decision
Nelson

One is probable
Raji

denverYooper
10-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Let me revise the list, based on the report today:

Seven are out for sure:
Jennings
Benson
Woodson
Bishop/Smith
Perry
Shields
Kuhn

They were with all but Kuhn on that list last week. It'll be interesting to see what they do on 3rd down passing situations without him. He's usually the main pass protector there. Maybe they'll give Green a shot. Or maybe it'll be Crabtree or DJ Williams.

pittstang5
10-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm always concerned when there is an injury. Still very surprised that Shields is still out. Must have been more damaging then led on.

Not having Nelson and Kuhn, kinda sucks. Nelson has been on fire and Kuhn is the 3rd down back. At this point, I'd rather see Starks on 1st and 2nd downs and Green on 3rd downs - I do not want to see Starks on 3rd down. If I recall correctly, Starks is horrible at pass protection. Besides the usual suspects (Cobb, Finley & Jones) - I'd love to see Driver, DJ Williams and Boykin get more passes their way.

Gotta have more Driver - like Gotta have more cowbell!

mraynrand
10-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Walden has been playing much better; and far better than Perry in pass coverage, so that's not a huge loss, except for Perry's development. Nelson would be a pretty big hit; otherwise, carry on.

Upnorth
10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
So long as ARod isn't on the list I am confident against the jags.

mraynrand
10-26-2012, 04:54 PM
I say throw a couple of titanium plates on Woodson's collar bone and get him back out there.

Guiness
10-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Still no decision on Woodson. Is the "designated to return" still available? Is there any chance he could play again this season? You have to think so or they would've IR'd him by now.

Pugger
10-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Four for sure:
Jennings
Benson
Woodson
Bishop/Smith

Two likely are out:
Perry
Shields

Three might be out:
Kuhn
Nelson
Raji

These could be troubling on the offensive side of the ball.

With Kuhn hobbling we only have 3 RBs on the roster and one of them hasn't been around very long.

If Nelson can't go we only have 4 healthy WRs but one is no spring chicken and another is raw as hell.

denverYooper
10-26-2012, 05:56 PM
These could be troubling on the offensive side of the ball.

With Kuhn hobbling we only have 3 RBs on the roster and one of them hasn't been around very long.

If Nelson can't go we only have 4 healthy WRs but one is no spring chicken and another is raw as hell.

We have Finley, and despite his recent dropsies, can still function mainly as a WR. There is also the possibility we could get a look at DJ Williams in the passing game.

pbmax
10-26-2012, 06:17 PM
IR-DTR was used by Benson. I think M3 all but said they will carry him on the roster as long as he has a chance to return this season.

Freak Out
10-26-2012, 06:22 PM
So is this the week Big Fin goes YOTTO again? Please say yes.

Bossman641
10-26-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm more pissed than concerned. I swear the Packers have more starters missing games then any other team.

Lurker64
10-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Against a real NFL team? I would be worried.

Against the Jaguars, who are a hot mess, I am not really worried. As long as QB1 stays upright, this shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully some of the injured guys are good to go for the Cardinals.

pittstang5
10-27-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm more pissed than concerned. I swear the Packers have more starters missing games then any other team.

Certainly seems that way. I get pissed too.

gbgary
10-27-2012, 10:26 AM
concerned?? not at all! (knocking on wood)

gbgary
10-27-2012, 10:28 AM

i think, because it's the jac, that some of those that could play won't as a precaution.

mmmdk
10-27-2012, 11:00 AM
More injuries = Packers closer to another SB win.

mraynrand
10-27-2012, 11:03 AM
So is this the week Big Fin goes YOTTO again? Please say yes.

yes

channtheman
10-27-2012, 01:20 PM
More injuries = Packers closer to another SB win.

Was about to post this. This team is primed to make the playoffs on a hot streak and ride that wave to the Super Bowl!

rbaloha1
10-27-2012, 04:22 PM
No -- refer to 2010.