PDA

View Full Version : PackerStats- Penalty Breakdowns

denverYooper
10-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Pretty cool site that breaks down penalty stats and lets you look at them in various ways:

http://nfl-penalties.nutcan.com/

The best part is that it breaks out the individual penalty numbers by team, type, and player, so you can see who is getting what called on them and for them.

Green Bay is the biggest beneficiary of penalties by number, with their opponents averaging 8.5 penalties per game. They're second in opponent yardage, with 72.75.

Something to keep in mind at the moment is that they do have one problem where they seem to be missing the second penalty in a group of simultaneous penalties that are called on the same team and so there are a few 1 penalty discrepancies between their numbers and the NFL.com/PFR numbers in situations where that happens. I'm guessing that they have a script or some kind of automation to pull that info and it is missing the second penalty of the group. I wrote to them to let them know.

That said, they are missing 1 from the Houston Game where Bradie James was called for a 15 yard unnecessary roughness at the same time as Daniel Manning was called offsides and the Packers declined the Manning penalty while accepting the second. With that in the numbers, GB opponents are averaging 8.63 penalties and 74.63 yards/game, keeping them in the same rank for both.

Jimx29
10-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Not to sure if i want to click on a "nutcan" link