PDA

View Full Version : CW just keeps on donating

Jimx29
11-02-2012, 01:46 AM
he just keeps giving and giving

http://host.madison.com/sports/football/professional/packers-woodson-donates-k-to-storm-relief/article_50890e5c-243b-11e2-8f5a-0019bb2963f4.html

packrulz
11-02-2012, 05:16 AM
He gives more than any other pro athlete I can think of. I haven't heard how the storm will affect the games this week. Most gas stations don't have power, can't pump gas, and they still want to have the NYC Marathon?

pbmax
11-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Its interesting, and I haven't seen it mentioned, that a single player donates $100,000. The NFL and NFLPA, with 32 clubs, 1500 players and profitable business model donated $1,000,000. That seems slightly out of whack.

MJZiggy
11-03-2012, 12:28 PM
He gives more than any other pro athlete I can think of. I haven't heard how the storm will affect the games this week. Most gas stations don't have power, can't pump gas, and they still want to have the NYC Marathon?

They finally canceled that. I heard a lot of the runners are donating their hotel rooms to storm victims. And the power came on in lower Manhattan yesterday afternoon. In Jersey however, they can't really have power because there are no homes to get power to anymore. I feel so bad for those people. Woodson's donation made the local news here. That's my litmus test for serious news that happens elsewhere. I think it looks out of whack because it is. I think the NFL has enough cash that it should be able to raise a little more capital than that. And where are all the baseball players with donations? Those guys make boatloads of money too, the cash should be pouring in. Really though, what they need are blood donations. If I weighed 10 lbs more, I could do that. But I can't, so you guys have to do it for me.

hoosier
11-04-2012, 11:42 AM
I never knew there was a weight minimum for giving blood. Could you at least donate on, say, the day after Thanksgiving?