PDA

View Full Version : I'm proud of you, son!

Patler
11-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Might as well have the flip side of Fritz' thread, remembering back to when Dad's approval was all you needed. Maybe you did very well, and wanted to be noticed. Maybe you tried as hard as you could, and it still didn't go so well. Either way, a nod and smile from Dad, maybe with his hand on your shoulder, meant more than anything else.

For the players putting out the effort, sometimes with good results, but not always. As long as they do their best, it is all that we can ask for.

James Jones - What can I say? We have seen your potential, but you had never quite met our expectations, until this year. You have never complained about not getting the ball. You never made excuses when you fumbled or had drops. You made up your mind this year to be the player you can be, and through eight games you have been just that. Some of your catches have been jaw droppers. Maybe the best one didn't even count when AR lead you out of bounds in the endzone, but you caught it on your fingertips anyway, with a DB hanging on to you. For your dedication and improvement, I am proud of you, James Jones.

Jarrett Bush - Gunner on the punt team, A thankless job, but one you play enthusiastically. You want to be a starter in the worst way, but the skill just isn't there. Yet, you don't complain, even when a starting spot, the nickel spot or dime spot is dangled in front of you, but then taken away. You go back to STs, and quietly play as hard and as tough as you can. Yet when they need you, like in the Super Bowl, you are always ready to play, wherever asked. I can live with your mistakes, because you are always playing just as hard as you can. You give it everything you have. I am proud of you Jarrett Bush.

Eric Walden - They drafted someone to replace you. They made no effort to keep you. You signed a one year minimum wage contract, even after you were a starter most of 2011. You had a personal issue that you did not shrink away from, nor shirk responsibility for. You didn't bad mouth the team before signing. You didn't complain about the first draft pick being specifically to move you out of the lineup. You didn't complain when the starting spot was given to him. You just play hard, and seem to be getting better. Keep it up, because I am proud of you, Eric Walden.

C.J. Wilson - Fans keep writing you off. Many had you being cut in TC. There are rookies galore to replace you, and they brought in several veteran FAs. Yet you are starting for a reason, and are even showing a bit of pass rush this year. A low round draft pick who just plays hard. I am proud of you, C.J. Wilson.

Brad Jones - A starter, then not a starter, then a starter again at the end of last year; only to be one of the forgotten ones in TC. An OLB to ILB back to OLB, now ILB again. You always contribute on STs, and when called on to start, you seem to be just a tad better than what we expect from you, even if it isn't what we want from the position. You don't complain about being in and out of the lineup, or about being bounced around from one position to the next. I am proud of you, Brad Jones,

Tim Masthay - For two years you have taken dangerous return men right out of the games. You seem to be your best when you are needed the most. I am proud of you, Tim Masthay.

There are a few others too. but these are the ones who I think are most deserving of mention half way through 2012.

sharpe1027
11-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Casey Hayward - Some questioned your physical abilities and particularly your (lack of) speed. In your significant playing time at one of the most high-profile defensive positions in the NFL and in one of the more complex defensive schemes, you've not just shown potential of a rookie with a few big plays, you've played like a veteran and have been both consistent and provided big plays. I am proud of you, Casey Hayward.

mraynrand
11-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Packer People

Kiwon
11-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Wow, Yin-Yang threads....Dueling Banjos......or, since the analogy is fathers, maybe Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

First of all, these guys are pro athletes and they make way more money in a year than I will in many years or a lifetime. I don't feel very fatherly towards them. Second, if Kiwon had a son, he wouldn't look like your average Green Bay Packer football player...although shirtless, Donald Driver and I do share a similar physique. ^^

That said, James Jones deserves a lot of credit in his improvement after years of struggle. A WR doesn't stay employed if he doesn't catch the ball. There had to be times when his confidence was dropping with each missed pass. Kudos to him for his improved performance. WRs and DBs are probably the best athletes on the field so to excel at either position is a real tribute to the player.

Pugger
11-03-2012, 08:37 AM
You forgot to mention the 2012 October NFC Offensive Player of the Month. ;)

Fritz
11-03-2012, 04:54 PM
There was an article before the season about the way James Jones committed himself to working out like a crazy man. He'd throw up regularly at these workouts, and come back for more.

I would say "I'm proud of you, son," but I've never been with a black woman. Much to my chagrin.

I would add Andrew Quarless to the list, even though he hasn't played a down. He came in with some hype and controversy ("God's Gift"), but he buckled down, learned to block, and was developing nicely before he got hurt. Then he rehabbed like crazy and supposedly he's in great shape. So go you, Andrew.

And Jerrod (?) McMiilian has been good for a rook, too, I think. I'll put him on my list.

pbmax
11-03-2012, 05:42 PM
There was an article before the season about the way James Jones committed himself to working out like a crazy man. He'd throw up regularly at these workouts, and come back for more.

I would say "I'm proud of you, son," but I've never been with a black woman. Much to my chagrin.

I would add Andrew Quarless to the list, even though he hasn't played a down. He came in with some hype and controversy ("God's Gift"), but he buckled down, learned to block, and was developing nicely before he got hurt. Then he rehabbed like crazy and supposedly he's in great shape. So go you, Andrew.

And Jerrod (?) McMiilian has been good for a rook, too, I think. I'll put him on my list.

I think Finley and Quarless have switched bodies. Quarless had fumble fingers on some ball early in his career and there was the occasional, self-inflicted trip over yardage lines. Its Freaky Sunday.

Iron Mike
11-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Packer Rats People

Damn Str8!!! Every year in the off season, the detractors come out and proclaim the death knell for this message board, but every Fall, PR comes back stronger than ever. Fuck all the rest, this IS the place to be. :)

RashanGary
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm proud of Cobb, Jones, Crabtree, Newhouse, House, Hayward, McMillan, Burnett, Brad Jones and Tim Masthay. They've been a big help to his team, many of them playing better than we would have expected at the end of last year. Most of them actually.

denverYooper
11-04-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm proud of TJ Lang for kicking out to RT today and getting it done. And EDS played pretty well inside against a good Cards line.

denverYooper
11-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Eric Walden had another nice game yesterday and seemed to step up after Matthews went out. 1 PD, 1 INT, 3 QB hits, 1 TFL.

Upnorth
11-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm with Yooper, Walden played the way we expected him to do at the start of last year, and We had good run blocking for the first time this year.

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Hope Walden keeps his recent play up this season too. Glad that whatever fire got lit under his butt to improve has worked.

pbmax
11-05-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm proud of Mike Neal. Season hasn't ended and he's played most of 5 games.

denverYooper
11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm proud of Ryan Pickett. Every week he goes in and does his job without getting much popular recognition for it.

Patler
11-07-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm proud of Ryan Pickett. Every week he goes in and does his job without getting much popular recognition for it.

I agree, and almost included Pickett in my original list. He has been a lot more valuable as a Free Agent pickup than many realize or will acknowledge.

pbmax
11-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I am proud of Dom Capers for playing Pickett at NT in some situations, giving Raji a breather from being beaten on at his less natural position.

If wist was still with us, he would like this. Though he would have a list of four other complaints to go in Frtiz's "Not Proud" thread. :)

denverYooper
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I am proud of Dom Capers for playing Pickett at NT in some situations, giving Raji a breather from being beaten on at his less natural position.

If wist was still with us, he would like this. Though he would have a list of four other complaints to go in Frtiz's "Not Proud" thread. :)

McGinn pointed out that Raji is still playing on a bum ankle. That injury could end up being the best thing to happen to the DL this year.

I'm still holding out hope for Raji to be a great NT in about 3 years.

denverYooper
11-07-2012, 12:49 PM
In McGinn's Rating article this week, he mentioned that Boykin sustained his block on Patrick Peterson for 4.2 seconds on Starks's fumble and said it was a big reason that Rodgers was able to recover that potentially game-turning fumble.

An attaboy to Boykin for one of those hidden plays that save games.

Cheesehead Craig
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
In McGinn's Rating article this week, he mentioned that Boykin sustained his block on Patrick Peterson for 4.2 seconds on Starks's fumble and said it was a big reason that Rodgers was able to recover that potentially game-turning fumble.

An attaboy to Boykin for one of those hidden plays that save games.

We have a new OL!!!

Deputy Nutz
11-08-2012, 08:35 PM

When defensive linemen like CJ Wilson and Ryan Pickett are revitalizing AJ Hawks career. He is having his best season as an inside linebacker, and it is because the fat dudes up front can actually hold the point of attack. It also helps Hawk to have Mathews line up on his side. All in all this defense is actually playing very well as an entire unit. They are all playing very unselfish football.