PDA

View Full Version : Children...

GrnBay007
11-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Remember when they were sweet young things that liked to cuddle with you and thought it was "special" to say I Love You?

Remember when they wanted you around? Like really, really wanted you around....not just for money or food?

Remember when they were happy to do things for you? ....like chores.

Remember when they used to LIKE to tell you about their day? Not when they were forced to?

Then one day it happens..........they become TEENAGERS!

Is there seriously any uglier time of life for a parent? :) Sooo much good stuff going on for them.... but sooooooo much crap!!

THINGS I'VE LEARNED:

Remember when your mother said: I hope your kids put you through everything you've put me through? IT'S TRUE! IT HAPPENS!!

Teenage girls are NOT harder to raise than teenage boys!!

ALL teenagers have their PHD's. They know EVERYTHING!!! How did we survive this long without them??!!

My older sister recently told me when talking about my son (from her experience with 2 boys).....he won't be back until he's about 27-30....then he will want to be around you again.

UGH!

Just a Friday night rant from a mom of a teen.....

Kiwon
11-03-2012, 03:54 AM
My kids aren't perfect but they have never given me (us) any trouble at all.

The last one will be out of the house in eight months. It will be a very sad day for us.

Little Whiskey
11-03-2012, 07:54 AM
I don't look forward to those days 007. my two boys still get excited when I get home from work. They still think I know how to fix everything, they still think i have the answer to every question. they are 7 and 5.

MJZiggy
11-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Mine still cuddles with me. He still seems to like my company and still says "I love you" even in front of his friends. I don't even bribe him. Can't figure it out, but I'll take it any day.

GrnBay007
11-03-2012, 04:21 PM
My kids aren't perfect but they have never given me (us) any trouble at all.

The last one will be out of the house in eight months. It will be a very sad day for us.

Mine haven't given me any real trouble. I've been very lucky.

My daughter went off to college this year and it's been very hard on me as we have always been extremely close. So now me and my son at home and he's doing great but very busy in school, sports, job, girlfriend.

OK, I will admit it, I was just on the pity pot last night...LOL Just miss the old days.

My friends at work tell me I should be happy they are independent, well adjusted kids. It's just hard for a MOM not to be NEEDED as much as she's used to.

GrnBay007
11-03-2012, 04:23 PM
I don't look forward to those days 007. my two boys still get excited when I get home from work. They still think I know how to fix everything, they still think i have the answer to every question. they are 7 and 5.

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about....when they were happy to see you....when they actually believe you know more than them! lol

GrnBay007
11-03-2012, 04:25 PM
OMGosh, I think this means I may have to finally develop MY OWN life!!! :shock:

Do they offer classes for this anywhere? :(

MJZiggy
11-03-2012, 04:26 PM
OMGosh, I think this means I may have to finally develop MY OWN life!!! :shock:

Do they offer classes for this anywhere? :(

okcupid.com?

GrnBay007
11-03-2012, 04:29 PM
okcupid.com?

I wasn't asking to "care" for another one!!! lol j/k

MJZiggy
11-03-2012, 08:04 PM
I wasn't asking to "care" for another one!!! lol j/k
Ok. Good point...lol

GrnBay007
11-04-2012, 04:23 PM
My #1 pet peeve - not letting me know where he is!!

My son left at 4am yesterday to travel 2.5 hrs. to watch his girlfriend compete in the state swimming meet. Supposed to be back in town about 6:30pm. Last I hear from him is about 4pm saying they are on their way home. Don't hear anything from him and start trying to reach him about 8pm. Phone is dead, of course. Try to contact the girlfriend, no answer. So by now being the worry wart I am I'm thinking...accident. So then phone girlfriends mom about 8:30. "oh yeah, he's with us and we just finished eating and now they are going over to so and so's house". What the heck!! So your phone is dead......I'm sure there were at least 25 other cell phones there you can use to call your MOM!!

MJZiggy
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I hate the dead phone thing too.

LEWCWA
11-10-2012, 02:47 AM
Dead phone doesn't work. They have a phone, so I can keep in touch. If they find other cool things to do with the phone so be it! My rules if I call and you don't answer I will find you and you will not be hanging out or doing those other cool things with your phone! Excuses just don't fly, it is their responsibility to keep the phone in operable condition when away.......

MadtownPacker
11-10-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.engrish.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/pity.jpg

GrnBay007
11-11-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.engrish.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/pity.jpg

It's my party and I can cry if I want to! :)

:laugh: your day is coming!

Upnorth
11-12-2012, 09:14 AM
As the proud parent of 9, 4, 3 and almost 1 year olds all I can say is right now I'm a hero and I would love to see time stand still for a bit.

MJZiggy
11-12-2012, 10:12 PM
As the proud parent of 9, 4, 3 and almost 1 year olds all I can say is right now I'm a hero and I would love to see time stand still for a bit.

I loved when my kid was little, but I cheered every accomplishment and bit of growth. He's grown into a wonderful kid and while I loved when he was little, I wouldn't want to go back.

George Cumby
11-19-2012, 02:44 AM
6 and 3.

I'm loving (almost) every minute, b/c I know there will be a reckoning.......

Patler
11-19-2012, 08:26 AM
I miss the times when my kids were babies.
I miss the times when they were very young and thrilled with each new thing,
I miss the times when they were adolescents.
I miss the years when they were teenagers, and really no problem at all.

But I love my time with them as adults. They are my best friends, each and every one of them.

George Cumby
11-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I miss the times when my kids were babies.
I miss the times when they were very young and thrilled with each new thing,
I miss the times when they were adolescents.
I miss the years when they were teenagers, and really no problem at all.

But I love my time with them as adults. They are my best friends, each and every one of them.

How many?

mraynrand
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM

have it stand still right after you change the diapers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4GcTA83aA

Love the floating band effects - lol.

Patler
11-19-2012, 02:13 PM
How many?

A herd, let's just leave it at that! :lol:

Freak Out
11-19-2012, 04:34 PM

If Ty was still alive he would have a video response to this as well as an essay stating why he thought Rush sucked.

mraynrand
11-19-2012, 04:41 PM
If Ty was still alive he would have a video response to this as well as an essay stating why he thought Rush sucked.

With Israel being bombed, isn't it time to stop hating on fellow Jews?

Freak Out
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Jews don't eat garlic. Hater.

George Cumby
11-19-2012, 08:08 PM
A herd, let's just leave it at that! :lol:

Fair enough. :lol:

Well done, sir.

Upnorth
11-20-2012, 09:58 AM

Can I at least spray a little air freshener???? Our almost 1yr old has the stankiest poops you have ever had the displeasure of changing!!!!
Just want to pass on a little story here. My three year old was playing quietly with her dolls when we came in the living room. I asked her what she was doing and her mouth was full of beads from a christmas decoration she had destroyed. After prying her jaws open and telling her that she could choke etc I noticed something wrong with her hair, as in about a 1/4 was gone!!!! Defiant miss 3 year old then tells us she is pretty and will cut her hair when she wants, absolutley no concern about what we said. Then my wife said 'Maybe your dance teacher wont let you dance anymore as you need to have long curled hair to dance'. The look of horror on her face was priceless followed by 'i'm sorry i'm sorry mommy'. Next time I took her to dance she ran up to her teacher and apologized and cried. Needless to say she won't cut her hair again. It is all about leverage.

HowardRoark
11-20-2012, 12:44 PM
It is all about leverage.

And pad level.

mraynrand
11-20-2012, 03:31 PM
After prying her jaws open and telling her that she could choke etc I noticed something wrong with her hair, as in about a 1/4 was gone!!!! Defiant miss 3 year old then tells us she is pretty and will cut her hair when she wants, absolutley no concern about what we said. Then my wife said 'Maybe your dance teacher wont let you dance anymore as you need to have long curled hair to dance'. The look of horror on her face was priceless followed by 'i'm sorry i'm sorry mommy'. Next time I took her to dance she ran up to her teacher and apologized and cried. Needless to say she won't cut her hair again. It is all about leverage.

I'm surprised the dance instructor didn't call child and protective services and have you arrested.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Exactly. Fucking Canadian brutes.

Upnorth
11-21-2012, 10:41 AM
After reading your comments I have decided to turn myself in. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. This proves football promotes pacifism.

digitaldean
11-23-2012, 09:22 PM
I hear ya GB. A lot of days I feel like they're the professors and I'm the one that has the dunce cap on.

I have 3 kids...ALL teenagers. My oldest is the sanest (maybe b'cuz she'll turn 20 in a few weeks). My son is 17 and keeps pointing out how unfair I am or what I'm doing wrong... Finally, my youngest is 14 and she plays the drama queen.

Love 'em all to death, but there are some days I feel like I'm herding cats...

I do know when my oldest goes to college for her last 2 yrs of school (she's gone to a community college for the 1st 2 years), I'll be one melancholy pup for quite awhile. The year after that, my son goes to MN for his first 4 yrs of school. Still remember dropping all of them off for kindergarten... man it flies by.