PDA

View Full Version : 5 probowl players out right now!

Upnorth
11-04-2012, 03:49 PM
So by my count we have 5 probowlers out with injury right now.
Jennings, Nelson, Buluga, Mathews, Woodson.

Add in Sheilds, Perry, Worthy, Sherrod and Kuhn and I say how the hell do you win with that????

Two weeks to get healthy, this bye is so needed by us.

pbmax
11-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Next man UP!!

hello? ...

denverYooper
11-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Chicken wire and duct tape today.

Bossman641
11-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I'd love to go through 1 game without losing a player

digitaldean
11-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Perfect time for the bye. Hopefully Matthews and Nelson aren't significant injuries. Bulaga's looked a little ugly, though.

pittstang5
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
I'd love to go through 1 game without losing a player

yes

LegandofthePack15
11-04-2012, 11:06 PM
hello? ...

Bob Stoops?

Smidgeon
11-05-2012, 11:18 AM
So by my count we have 5 probowlers out with injury right now.
Jennings, Nelson, Buluga, Mathews, Woodson.

Add in Sheilds, Perry, Worthy, Sherrod and Kuhn and I say how the hell do you win with that????

Two weeks to get healthy, this bye is so needed by us.

Except for Sherrod and Worthy, they're all starters. Except for Sherrod, they're all huge contributors. I'd (selfishly) be less concerned about the injuries if they weren't to the starters. But I guess that's how you develop other starters.

Guiness
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Except for Sherrod and Worthy, they're all starters. Except for Sherrod, they're all huge contributors. I'd (selfishly) be less concerned about the injuries if they weren't to the starters. But I guess that's how you develop other starters.

Speaking of Worthy, who lined up at RDE this Sunday? Wilson is listed as the starter, did Neale get any snaps over there?

The game book actually lists our starting D as a nickel package, 2-4-5! Is that really what we trotted out for the first play of the game?

Upnorth
11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Speaking of Worthy, who lined up at RDE this Sunday? Wilson is listed as the starter, did Neale get any snaps over there?

The game book actually lists our starting D as a nickel package, 2-4-5! Is that really what we trotted out for the first play of the game?

With decent depth at LB and the gentleman is section 2 row 4 as our DE backup (at least it feels that way) It does not suprise me that we would use the 2-4-5 more frequently. Also this is Wist's favorite Capers scheme I believe...

denverYooper
11-05-2012, 11:47 AM

While maybe not technically a starter, Worthy has played more snaps than any other GB DL this year. He'll still have the lead there even after sitting out this week because Pickett, the next closest in snap count, needed 68 to catch up. The Cardinals ran 66 plays yesterday. From FO's Snap Counts page (http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4iTXdv38VsU/UJf6pxKncFI/AAAAAAAAARQ/ddZbmPQbGu8/s425/wk8_dl_snaps.jpg

pbmax
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM
The Packers had Wilson out there with Raji and Pick in 3 man lines. And much to my relief, Pickett is still getting NT snaps when its a 3 man line and Capers expects run. Weirdly, Raji took some of those snaps at RDE not LDE. Which means he flipped with Wilson. That is new.

Guiness
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM
While maybe not technically a starter, Worthy has played more snaps than any other GB DL this year. He'll still have the lead there even after sitting out this week because Pickett, the next closest in snap count, needed 68 to catch up. The Cardinals ran 66 plays yesterday. From FO's Snap Counts page (http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts):

Wow, they rode him like a rented mule, eh? Most Def Snaps, AND more ST snaps then the other linemen? Wow.

Do you know how many snaps the D has played in total? How does that number compare to the snaps Raji played 2 years ago...i think it was something like 80%+

Freak Out
11-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Is there any reason to look at Stanford Routt (Just released by KC)? Probably not....it sounds like he just took the guaranteed money from KC and said fuck it.

denverYooper
11-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Wow, they rode him like a rented mule, eh? Most Def Snaps, AND more ST snaps then the other linemen? Wow.

Do you know how many snaps the D has played in total? How does that number compare to the snaps Raji played 2 years ago...i think it was something like 80%+

The D has played 631 snaps this year (564 thru last week). The NFL just started providing snap count data this year, so I can't calculate Raji's snaps from 2 years ago, but I remember it being high, somewhere in the neighborhood you suggest.

Worthy has been in on 332, so 52.6% now (was 59%). Last game was the first one he was under 50%, and that was due to injury.

denverYooper
11-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Is there any reason to look at Stanford Routt (Just released by KC)? Probably not....it sounds like he just took the guaranteed money from KC and said fuck it.

I like our secondary right now a lot.

Guiness
11-06-2012, 11:46 AM
The D has played 631 snaps this year (564 thru last week). The NFL just started providing snap count data this year, so I can't calculate Raji's snaps from 2 years ago, but I remember it being high, somewhere in the neighborhood you suggest.

Worthy has been in on 332, so 52.6% now (was 59%). Last game was the first one he was under 50%, and that was due to injury.

Thanks for finding that. The NFL provides it now? Can you give me a link?

denverYooper
11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks for finding that. The NFL provides it now? Can you give me a link?

It's at the end of Gamebooks now. They usually take a few days to populate them, and there is currently none for the Houston game.

Football Outsiders has a Snap Counts page too (http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts). Apparently they get their data from the NFL media website, which has the Houston data, but you have to be a member of the media to gain access to that.

Zool
11-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Unrelated, but looking at our D-line we have Wilson Picket and BJ Worthy sharing time. Genius by Thompson if you ask me.

swede
11-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Unrelated, but looking at our D-line we have Wilson Picket and BJ Worthy sharing time. Genius by Thompson if you ask me.

Wilson Pickett

Heh heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfuHgzu1Cjg

LegandofthePack15
11-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Looks like Perry is going on IR after having wrist surgery.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/wrist-surgery-could-end-season-of-green-bay-packers-rookie-nick-perry-n07hhlo-177588941.html

Its too late but the Packers could use Merriman right now.

Fritz
11-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Use Merriman for what? He's old, he's got a questionable past regarding performance-enhancing drugs, and he hasn't performed well in some time.

I'd rather see the Packers develop someone like Dezman Moses.

LegandofthePack15
11-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Use Merriman for what? He's old, he's got a questionable past regarding performance-enhancing drugs, and he hasn't performed well in some time.

I'd rather see the Packers develop someone like Dezman Moses.

The guy's only 28, he's hasn't been suspended since that one incident and he's proven he can rush the passer. When healthy, Merriman is probably a better pass rusher than any OLB on the Packers' roster not named The Claymaker.

For the Packers' sake, I hope the young uns you so loved step up. No one wants a repeat of last season when everyone not named The Claymaker failed to pressure qbs.

Patler
11-07-2012, 07:41 AM
The guy's only 28, he's hasn't been suspended since that one incident and he's proven he can rush the passer. When healthy, Merriman is probably a better pass rusher than any OLB on the Packers' roster not named The Claymaker.

For the Packers' sake, I hope the young uns you so loved step up. No one wants a repeat of last season when everyone not named The Claymaker failed to pressure qbs.

Whether due to injury or performance, the last season in which Merriman was very effective as a player was 2007. I like the chances of a young player stepping up more than that of a once great player who has been "gone" for nearly 5 seasons.

LP
11-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Whether due to injury or performance, the last season in which Merriman was very effective as a player was 2007. I like the chances of a young player stepping up more than that of a once great player who has been "gone" for nearly 5 seasons.

Yeah but, he's a known name and probably does really good on Madden!!!

Bossman641
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
We are still hearing cries for Merriman? Ha

Zool
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Dont+feed+the+trolls+.+Comment+thumb+boobs_79b75d_ 3330871.jpg

denverYooper
11-07-2012, 03:45 PM
We are still hearing cries for Merriman? Ha

You still have the best avatar.

Pugger
11-08-2012, 08:56 AM

I thought Worthy was out of the Cardinal game because of a concussion the week before?

Upnorth
11-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Going in to the bye week we are 6-3. Where do we end up and why?
With out half our injuries I think we might win out or lose maybe one to end up at 12-4. But to miss CMIII and half our dl for any amount of time is going to be hard to overcome. To get a wild card I think we can only lose 2 more games, and with our injuries I think we end up 11-5.
What say you?

Fritz
11-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Don't know, but I do know that the Lions' fans are moaning about all their injuries. And they have some, but they're also facing a Vikings team that will be without its best outside threat. Harvin won't play.

Pugger
11-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Don't know, but I do know that the Lions' fans are moaning about all their injuries. And they have some, but they're also facing a Vikings team that will be without its best outside threat. Harvin won't play.

They are moaning? Cry me a river...

rbaloha1
11-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Looks like Perry is going on IR after having wrist surgery.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/wrist-surgery-could-end-season-of-green-bay-packers-rookie-nick-perry-n07hhlo-177588941.html

Its too late but the Packers could use Merriman right now.

Worth a look. Moses shows very little from the line of scrimmage.