PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers on 60 Minutes

pbmax
11-04-2012, 10:20 PM
First of all, Morley Safer interviewed David McCullough. Combined ages: 179. They toured Philly and David talked about the Founding Fathers. But it was all stuff you have heard before. Its interesting to me by topic, but do people really tune in to get a walking tour of Philadelphia and see the two guys eat Martha Washington's orange cake? Hasn't everyone in the Eastern part of the country been to Philly and toured the sites?

Later they got to Rodgers and covered all the normal bases: no scholarship, letter from Purdue which has to be from Joe Tiller or one of his assistants, draft fiasco, Favre, Super Bowl, bug fish/small pond.

Two interesting tidbits: one, they got a photo in of a woman identified as Rodgers girlfriend, his hometown (or home state) sweetheart I think they called her. Didn't know that.

Second, they got a shot of him being uncomfortable when a guy looking for an autograph said he (Rodgers) was smaller than he expected. Apparently its a sensitive topic with him. They then get Matthews and Jennings to cough up a few more tidbits about him taking things personal and hard. Both praised him on the field, in the huddle and in the locker room but each got a shot in.

Jennings said Rodgers always has his ears up looking for slights and would find it in this interview with he and Matthews. Matthews got an even better dig in by saying that to work with him, they would constantly praise him about things, his clothes, hair, grooming, etc. Positive reinforcement. Each teammate said it like it was an friendly explanation, but each was a little shot, expertly done.

Like Cassius coming to bury Caesar but actually burying Brutus in the process. Good times.

Rodgers is obviously prickly about a number of things, but at least he seems open about it and his teammates don't mind dumping on him a bit for fun. Seems pretty healthy from 200 miles away.

pbmax
11-04-2012, 10:24 PM
I wish you could edit Thread titles so you wouldn't have to live with a misspelling of the QBs name.

See interview here: http://cbsn.ws/Tt9VJq

Writeup in NFCNorth Blog: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/48814/60-minutes-aaron-rodgers-profile

MadtownPacker
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
You have to click on "Go advanced" after you click "edit" on the first post.

pbmax
11-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Learn something new every day.

Guiness
11-05-2012, 08:35 AM
damn

I was looking forward to this thread as being a shinning testament to pbmax's declining metal faculties in his advanced age. You are as old as your Avatar, right?

pbmax
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM
damn

I was looking forward to this thread as being a shinning testament to pbmax's declining metal faculties in his advanced age. You are as old as your Avatar, right?

Mentally I am a little older.

sheepshead
11-05-2012, 12:00 PM
I stayed tuned, cant stand 60 minutes usually. I too liked the McCollough piece. I thought the guy in Milwaukee looked a little like Cutler.

LP
11-05-2012, 01:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/aaron-rodgers-likes-not-having-one-owner/

I think this is an awesome quote. Jerrah are you listening?

“I think it’s great,” Rodgers told 60 Minutes in a profile that aired Sunday night. “You don’t have somebody who got a ton of money but doesn’t know a whole lot about football trying to tell you what to do.”

Noodle
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
You can always rely on PB for a great post -- thanks for sharing this.

I especially liked the way Matthews and Jennings both exclaimed "Absolutely!" when asked if they have to do a little "quarterback management."