PDA

View Full Version : Bulaga done for year?

Guiness
11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Seeing some reports that Bulaga is done for the year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/09/packers-prepare-for-life-without-bulaga/

Lang to RT, EDS to LG. Two guys with no starts, Barclay and Van Roten are the backups now. Both UDFA's I think? *shudder*

mraynrand
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
EDS against the Lions? Just in time to untie those DT's shoes!

Tony Oday
11-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Is there anyone out there that can even help or is it next guy up and UDFAs?

Brandon494
11-09-2012, 10:40 AM
I think its time to start looking for a new training staff.

Fritz
11-09-2012, 10:57 AM

Fire James Campen! It's his fault.

Guiness
11-09-2012, 11:02 AM

Don`t know how you can blame this one on the training staff. Not sure what you can do to prevent against hip injuries. I guess maybe flexibility.

Some more info
http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/article/20121109/WRT02/311090277/?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|WRT0101

Tony Oday
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Bring back Taucher!

mraynrand
11-09-2012, 12:42 PM

I hate when the training staff forces a player to trip over another and land funny on the other leg. What are they doing on the field anyway?

I think Bulaga is just injury prone.

Patler
11-09-2012, 01:12 PM
This is all the fault of the newspapers. Last week they ran stories about:

- Matthews being the healthiest he has ever been, not even missing a practice so far.
- Bulaga having returned to form, after really having just one bad game, in Seattle.

I try to warn people about tempting the football gods!

red
11-09-2012, 02:51 PM

i gotta agree

we have to be missing most of our starters and their backups since the season started

pittstang5
11-09-2012, 04:39 PM
This is all the fault of the newspapers. Last week they ran stories about:

- Matthews being the healthiest he has ever been, not even missing a practice so far.
- Bulaga having returned to form, after really having just one bad game, in Seattle.

I try to warn people about tempting the football gods!

Well, that explains it. Son of a.....

Lurker64
11-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't think we can conclude anything else about Bulaga, positive or negative, until McCarthy talks to the media next week.

A poster over at FF does know people in the Packers organization, and assures us that the injury is not career threatening. So there's that, at least.

red
11-09-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't think we can conclude anything else about Bulaga, positive or negative, until McCarthy talks to the media next week.

A poster over at FF does know people in the Packers organization, and assures us that the injury is not career threatening. So there's that, at least.

Fuck you if that poster is arrigo

Lurker64
11-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Fuck you if that poster is arrigo

No, it's Palmy. I don't know his real name, but he used to work for Steel City Scouting (which did area scouting for the Steelers.) He's legit.

KYPack
11-09-2012, 09:57 PM
No, it's Palmy. I don't know his real name, but he used to work for Steel City Scouting (which did area scouting for the Steelers.) He's legit.

Yeah, Palmy is the real deal. Worked in scouting and just posts what he knows. He's like a diamond in a coal scuttle over at FF. That's a pretty squirelly forum, lotta young kids, lotta mock drafts.

BB's injury looked like a hyper extended knee when it happened.

You'd think that he's done for the season.

Pugger
11-10-2012, 07:37 AM
EDS against the Lions? Just in time to untie those DT's shoes!

:rs: :lol:

Pugger
11-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Yeah, Palmy is the real deal. Worked in scouting and just posts what he knows. He's like a diamond in a coal scuttle over at FF. That's a pretty squirelly forum, lotta young kids, lotta mock drafts.

BB's injury looked like a hyper extended knee when it happened.

You'd think that he's done for the season.

I always wondered about him. He's one of the reasons I'm on FF. I also like to read what other fans of other teams think about the Pack. A lot of them over there tend to have jealousy issues at times tho.

wootah
11-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah, Palmy is the real deal. Worked in scouting and just posts what he knows. He's like a diamond in a coal scuttle over at FF.

He's the only reason I check that site. Enjoy your hat, PB. (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?22092-Rating-The-Packers-Draft-Choices-2011&p=591584&viewfull=1#post591584)

KYPack
11-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I see you and I kicked this around in the "PB hat" thread.

Palmy and Waldo were my two reasons to check out FF.

Then Waldo got very strange & they threw him out.

I never did PM Palmy as you suggested, but somewere along the line, I'm convinced that Palmy is what he says he is.

FF is a real wierd site. One time I counted 15 mock drafts on the first page. What those kids are trying to do sometimes is beyond me.

pbmax
11-10-2012, 11:36 PM
He's the only reason I check that site. Enjoy your hat, PB. (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?22092-Rating-The-Packers-Draft-Choices-2011&p=591584&viewfull=1#post591584)

Hat's ready but I am not chewing until I get confirmation from the same folks who take weeks to count votes in Florida.

pbmax
11-10-2012, 11:42 PM
I hate when the training staff forces a player to trip over another and land funny on the other leg. What are they doing on the field anyway?

I think Bulaga is just injury prone.

We are WAY past free weights helping out. We need Nautilus.

And forget dumping the training staff. The Packers just need to fire the guy in charge of pregame cleat length measurements. He hasn't been right all season. Some games, he just been less worse that the oppo.

The Packers should bring in this young lady:

http://www.palzoo.net/file/pic/gallery/8247_view.jpg

denverYooper
11-11-2012, 07:04 AM
And forget dumping the training staff. The Packers just need to fire the guy in charge of pregame cleat length measurements. He hasn't been right all season. Some games, he just been less worse that the oppo.

Holy moley, this! Sometimes it looks like they're playing on roller skates out there.

Guiness
11-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I see you and I kicked this around in the "PB hat" thread.

Palmy and Waldo were my two reasons to check out FF.

Then Waldo got very strange & they threw him out.

I never did PM Palmy as you suggested, but somewere along the line, I'm convinced that Palmy is what he says he is.

FF is a real wierd site. One time I counted 15 mock drafts on the first page. What those kids are trying to do sometimes is beyond me.

That's where Waldo went, eh? He was a good, if strange, poster here for a short while. I always got the feeling he left because we didn't swallow his analysis hook line and sinker. What sticks in my mind the most was his pulpit pounding that Colledge was going to be an elite LT.

Lurker64
11-11-2012, 12:40 PM
That's where Waldo went, eh? He was a good, if strange, poster here for a short while. I always got the feeling he left because we didn't swallow his analysis hook line and sinker. What sticks in my mind the most was his pulpit pounding that Colledge was going to be an elite LT.

After the loss to the Giants in the playoffs last year Waldo went and got himself intentionally banned on FF (permanently, I believe). So now you can find him at some other Packer-specific forum, though I forget which one.

pbmax
11-11-2012, 01:20 PM
After the loss to the Giants in the playoffs last year Waldo went and got himself intentionally banned on FF (permanently, I believe). So now you can find him at some other Packer-specific forum, though I forget which one.

Was he trying to punish himself or go overboard trying to prove that the Packers were clearly the superior team? :lol:

Lurker64
11-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Was he trying to punish himself or go overboard trying to prove that the Packers were clearly the superior team? :lol:

I think he was angry and not entirely rational. There was something about "I'm spending too much time on this message board" in there too.

rbaloha1
11-11-2012, 03:54 PM

No loss -- over analyzed too much. Recall measuring stuff and trying to rationalize using "scientific" methods.

Guiness
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
No loss -- over analyzed too much. Recall measuring stuff and trying to rationalize using "scientific" methods.

The football equivalent of Moneyball. Sabermetrics and pro football get you teams like Oakland.

mraynrand
11-12-2012, 01:10 AM

Waldo is offering football and political commentary on a website formed by a now-banned, former Packerrat.

packrulz
11-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Sherrod has been cleared to practice, he may get to play this season after all: http://espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=14551

KYPack
11-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Sherrod has been cleared to practice, he may get to play this season after all: http://espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=14551

One door closes while another one opens, eh?

Waldo was a funny duck. Some of that shit was interesting while some of it was over my head.

I always thought Waldo wanted to work for NASA or something, but actually did the accounting for a feed mill.

Patler
11-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Sherrod is eligible to practice, but I haven't seen anything yet that says the medical staff has actually cleared him to practice. I guess we will know in a day or so. With what MM said just a couple weeks ago, it seems as if all the Packers have done at this point is keep their options open for another three weeks. He could still be headed to IR.

packrulz
11-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm hoping he can get in condition, because after EDS, there is very little depth on the offensive line. I don't know if Taucher could come back or not.

mraynrand
11-12-2012, 10:35 AM
One door closes while another one opens, eh?

Waldo was a funny duck. Some of that shit was interesting while some of it was over my head.

I always thought Waldo wanted to work for NASA or something, but actually did the accounting for a feed mill.

http://uk.web.img2.acsta.net/r_760_x/medias/nmedia/18/35/49/23/18424091.jpg

pittstang5
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Bulaga on IR, Vic So'oto signed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/12/packers-place-bryan-bulaga-on-injured-reserve/

This is a double Whammy - Bulaga done for the year and the So'oto signing tells me Mathews isn't going to be back this week. sigh, ho-hum

pbmax
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Bulaga is on IR. Dougherty called it.

JSO: http://t.co/CLdle5u4

pbmax
11-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Sherrod was taking part in at least a portion of practice.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod
Jordy Nelson, Jerel Worthy, Sam Shields back at practice. Andrew Quarlesx also taking part #Packers

pbmax
11-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Kuhn also back.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne
For #Packers, Greg Jennings, Neal, Matthews, Woodson, Bulaga all out. Meanwhile, Kuhn, Shields, Nelson were back.

pbmax
11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Neal still out.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport
Meanwhile, Kuhn, Shields, Nelson and Worthy were back for #Packers. Woodson, Matthews, Jennings, Neal were out.

pbmax
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
"His long-term health a forefront of decisions" .... potentially will hear without surgery.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause
MM: Bulaga has significant hip injury. Felt it was best to put him on IR.

MM on Bulaga: "significant hip injury"

pbmax
11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
checkup in four weeks or Bulaga for final decision on surgery/no surgery.

"You can't deny what's on the scan" MM says of Bulaga's hip. "We feel confident about his future."

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause
MM: Bulaga is working out Monday morning, not saying nice things about doctors, he wants to play, but you can't deny what's on scan.

pbmax
11-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Sherrod in individual drills today. Dunne said his level of activity had increased this practice.

pbmax
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Matthews did a "tougher" rehab workout today. Nothing official until Wednesday.

pbmax
11-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Perry's wrist injury similar to Barnett's and Hawk's (?) but is more serious than Barnetts.

pbmax
11-12-2012, 01:00 PM
McCarthy said next backup tackle would depend on side that gets hurt. Lang has played LT before, does anyone see Barclay playing LT?

pittstang5
11-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Neal still out.

Meanwhile, Kuhn, Shields, Nelson and Worthy were back for #Packers. Woodson, Matthews, Jennings, Neal were out.

Now what's wrong with Neal? He finished the Arizona game ok, didn't he?

pbmax
11-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Now what's wrong with Neal? He finished the Arizona game ok, didn't he?

No idea. I am assuming they are being careful with whatever he injured during Cardinal game. Listen, he's finished almost 6 games in a row. That wears on a guy.

Guiness
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Bummer about Bulaga. Is there any information on what is wrong?

Sherrod and Quarless are interesting, no one wat sure when we'd see them back. Quarless though, as I suspect will be the case with Sherrod, will be a ways off game ready. TC is there for more than a reason to sell preseason game tickets. Nice to have Shields back as well.

pbmax
11-12-2012, 01:17 PM

Sherrod and Quarless are interesting, no one wat sure when we'd see them back. Quarless though, as I suspect will be the case with Sherrod, will be a ways off game ready. TC is there for more than a reason to sell preseason game tickets. Nice to have Shields back as well.

Still the hip. Their guess seems to be he will heal without surgery but not 100% pawsitive. Clearly he's going to be out well past a month. At this point, they are out of roster spaces waiting for people to get healthy.

Patler
11-12-2012, 01:20 PM

Quarless should be as ready as Zombo is, both practiced for three weeks and are on the 53 man roster.
Sherrod is just starting to shake off the rust, with today being his first practice in almost a year.

Joemailman
11-12-2012, 01:24 PM
JSO reporting Bulaga placed on IR. So'oto signed to take roster spot.

Patler
11-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Still the hip. Their guess seems to be he will heal without surgery but not 100% pawsitive. Clearly he's going to be out well past a month. At this point, they are out of roster spaces waiting for people to get healthy.

Kind of a tough call if he could indeed be OK in 4-6 weeks. Seven weeks of games left yet, and playoffs, but when your game day inactive list is all players who couldn't play anyway for medical reasons, it makes it kind of tough.

Lurker64
11-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Kind of a tough call if he could indeed be OK in 4-6 weeks. Seven weeks of games left yet, and playoffs, but when your game day inactive list is all players who couldn't play anyway for medical reasons, it makes it kind of tough.

I think McCarthy (and possibly Thompson) always seem to err on the side of not rushing a guy back too fast and risking long-term complications. This is certainly the responsible and ethical thing to do, but I think if there's any doubt in MM's mind, he'll push for IR.

hoosier
11-12-2012, 08:18 PM
I think McCarthy (and possibly Thompson) always seem to err on the side of not rushing a guy back too fast and risking long-term complications. This is certainly the responsible and ethical thing to do, but I think if there's any doubt in MM's mind, he'll push for IR.

Not to mention that last year's experience of bringing Clifton (and Jennings) back in January after long layoffs wasn't exactly something to remember.

packrulz
11-13-2012, 05:23 AM
McCarthy said next backup tackle would depend on side that gets hurt. Lang has played LT before, does anyone see Barclay playing LT?
Barclay has been practicing at RT, so I assume they would move Lang to LT. His teammates say he's pretty good: http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/corp/page/11%2F12%2F12_With_Bulaga_down%2C_youngsters_up_/4701?feed=2

Fritz
11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Oh shit. Cross your fingers no one else goes down.

Joemailman
11-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Oh shit. Cross your fingers no one else goes down.

We need more than that.

http://www.gloria.tv/thumbnail/2010-02/media-51868-2.jpg

KYPack
11-13-2012, 09:18 AM
We need more than that.

http://www.gloria.tv/thumbnail/2010-02/media-51868-2.jpg

Joe, don't post no more shit like that.

The one in the front row is warming up her yard stick to use on my poor young ass.

pbmax
11-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Bulaga had a dislocated hip. Ouch.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1239109.html

You know, a longer form newspaper article has some remaining advantages. This AP article does a nice job of summing up the entire depressing situation and even manages to end with a Ryan Pickett quote that could give you some hope.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1239281.html

Freak Out
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Bulaga had a dislocated hip. Ouch.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1239109.html

You know, a longer form newspaper article has some remaining advantages. This AP article does a nice job of summing up the entire depressing situation and even manages to end with a Ryan Pickett quote that could give you some hope.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1239281.html

It's always nice to read stuff like that....I feel a little bit better now. :)

Patler
11-13-2012, 11:59 AM
For me, the hopeful part happened already a few weeks ago, when Van Roten was signed from the PS to the regular roster. There didn't seem to be any real reason to do that at the time, the Packers had everyone on the O-line they had started with, and no one was nursing a significant injury. Just seemed as if they felt he had earned it, and it was time to up their numbers at the position (which was unusually low to start).

Barclay had a stellar camp in their one on one drills, as I recall; and Van Roten came on very strong late in camp and must have kept it up while on the PS squad. Not an ideal situation with two untested rookies as the only backups, but these guys have at least shown something on the practice field that has given TT enough comfort that he isn't scouring the available street talent.

Fritz
11-13-2012, 12:50 PM
For me, the hopeful part happened already a few weeks ago, when Van Roten was signed from the PS to the regular roster. There didn't seem to be any real reason to do that at the time, the Packers had everyone on the O-line they had started with, and no one was nursing a significant injury. Just seemed as if they felt he had earned it, and it was time to up their numbers at the position (which was unusually low to start).

Barclay had a stellar camp in their one on one drills, as I recall; and Van Roten came on very strong late in camp and must have kept it up while on the PS squad. Not an ideal situation with two untested rookies as the only backups, but these guys have at least shown something on the practice field that has given TT enough comfort that he isn't scouring the available street talent.

Maybe Bruce Wilkerson can come out of retirement and win his own award.

Smidgeon
11-13-2012, 12:51 PM

Yeah, he was heavy on the analysis, but at least for me, that was something I enjoyed. I didn't buy his stuff hook, line, and sinker, but I personally respected his opinion and research and enjoyed his posts.

LP
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Joe, don't post no more shit like that.

The one in the front row is warming up her yard stick to use on my poor young ass.

Getting you all excited is it?