PDA

View Full Version : From NFL starting cornerback...to unemployed

Patler
11-11-2012, 11:20 AM
In a move reminiscent of the Packers handling of several DBs, The Raiders have cut Pat Lee after he started the last 7 games for them. His performance seems to have been a mixed bag:

In a surprising move, the Raiders are going to cut cornerback Pat Lee — who has started the last seven games — Saturday, a league source said. The move is likely being made to make room for Ron Bartell, who set to be activated today after being out (and on the Temporary Injured Reserve List) with a broken shoulder blade.

Lee had a missed tackle on Doug Martin’s 67-yard touchdown run last Sunday, but was otherwise thought to be improving after a rough start Week 2 in Miami. The former Packer had 27 solo tackles, an interception, a forced fumble and 8 passes defensed in eight games.

Pro Football Focus had Lee “giving up a reception once every 12.3 snaps in coverage. While those numbers aren’t too bad, the one concerning aspect of his game has been the 126 yards after the catch he has allowed, not helped by the fact that he has missed six tackles.”

Guiness
11-11-2012, 12:19 PM
The first half of the stats seem quite good - especially 8 passes defended. Unless, of course, the reason for that was that the ball was being thrown at his 2 out of 3 offensive snaps!

Lurker64
11-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Pat Lee is a tremendous athlete who is not a good football player. He played good football for one year at Auburn, but that was apparently an anomaly.

Best case scenario for him is that if he works really hard on his Special Teams play, he can land somewhere and be another Jarrett Bush.

pbmax
11-11-2012, 01:22 PM
How common would it be for a bump and run CB to be a bad tackler? Woodson would seem to be an exception. Harris could do it but was reluctant to take direct shots. Williams has his own olé tendencies. I wonder how bad that YAC is for bum and run or press corners?

Guiness
11-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Gawd the bye week is boring. Most active thread during the game is about Pat Lee...

red
11-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Pat Lee is a tremendous athlete who is not a good football player. He played good football for one year at Auburn, but that was apparently an anomaly.

Best case scenario for him is that if he works really hard on his Special Teams play, he can land somewhere and be another Jarrett Bush.

i would rather have pat lee than jarrett bush

Guiness
11-11-2012, 04:24 PM
i would rather have pat lee than jarrett bush

um, wat?

You smokin' more spliffs than your avatar. Bush has proven himself on ST again and again, and the supposition that Pat Lee could excel at them is a dream. And maybe a pipe one.

red
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
um, wat?

You smokin' more spliffs than your avatar. Bush has proven himself on ST again and again, and the supposition that Pat Lee could excel at them is a dream. And maybe a pipe one.

the problem is that bush doesn't just play special teams

he still seems to somehow get on the field every now and then with the regular defense, and he still looks like a crippled retard every time he's out there. third and one and he's giving a 15 yard cushion? in what universe does that make sense?

and somehow he still lets guys get behind him.

mraynrand
11-12-2012, 01:07 AM
he still looks like a crippled retard every time he's out there.

Wow, offending two special interest, politically-correct protected groups in one phrase: feel up to a run for public office in IN or MO?

KYPack
11-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Wow, offending two special interest, politically-correct protected groups in one phrase: feel up to a run for public office in IN or MO?""

Red meant "a crippled retard, who likes to get raped".

That pisses all of 'em off.

Zool
11-12-2012, 09:42 AM
""

Red meant "a crippled retard, who likes to get raped".

That pisses all of 'em off.

Unfortunately for our crippled retard, he can't shut anything down.

red
11-12-2012, 10:02 AM
my bad. i didn't mean to insult cripples and retards so harshly by comparing them to bush

Guiness
11-12-2012, 06:36 PM
And he's a Lion

@Paulapasche #Lions notes: @ndamukong_suh plays best game; Alphonso Smith cut, Patrick Lee awarded from waivers and more

Guess we'll be seeing him soon. I sure do hope the Lions didn't bring him in to tell them all our secrets :whaa:

Lurker64
11-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Guess we'll be seeing him soon. I sure do hope the Lions didn't bring him in to tell them all our secrets :whaa:

Anybody who thinks the Lions signed Pat Lee in order to get trade secrets from the Packers has probably never watched Alphonso Smith attempt to play football.

Guiness
11-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Anybody who thinks the Lions signed Pat Lee in order to get trade secrets from the Packers has probably never watched Alphonso Smith attempt to play football.

So...you're saying he was signed based on skill and ability? The Argonauts season probably ends after next week-end, Ahmad Carrol should stay close to his phone!