PDA

View Full Version : Lions Discussion for Week 11

pbmax
11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Packers not practicing: Matthews, Neal (he seems available every other day, which means he would be available every other Sunday but Monday and Thursday games are going to really screw him up), Woodson and Jennings.

Shields is doing work. Nothing specific about Sherrod, Quarless or Nelson.

pbmax
11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
JSO reporting Matthews doesn't seem likely to play versus Lions. Neal could be using Wednesday as rest after working out Monday, though that seems unlikely wth Tue off.

Woodson out of sling and throwing football around. Shields did some drill work but did very little in walk through and no running from what they saw.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/179332291.html

Kuhn did practice according to Packers.com

pbmax
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Matthews out for Lions game. Nelson practiced well, looked normal, no concerns.

pbmax
11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Woodson lifting weights and looks ahead of schedule. Jennings also rehabbing well.

pbmax
11-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Neal has same issue with ankle but has chance to practice and play this week.

EDS has grown up and is much better football player than rook who made team as UDFA. Good confidence in him. Full offense with him in lineup and Lang at RT.

Freak Out
11-14-2012, 01:34 PM
We need some pass rush against the Lions. Who is going to bring it?

Fritz
11-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Not Clay Matthews.

Not Nick Perry.

Not Desmond Bishop.

Cheesehead Craig
11-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Not Clay Matthews.

Not Nick Perry.

Not Desmond Bishop.

Well, nobody can argue against that post.

pittstang5
11-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Not Clay Matthews.

Not Nick Perry.

Not Desmond Bishop.

We're screwed! We need a pass rush against the Lions.

mraynrand
11-14-2012, 03:28 PM
We're screwed! We need a pass rush against the Lions.

Walden has not been too shabby, but he works better as a complementary player. Also, you forgot to mention Woodson being out. Perhaps Jarrett Bush will carry the day!

Patler
11-14-2012, 04:35 PM
The Packers secret weapon:
ZOMBO

Upnorth
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
I believe that it should be spelled weak not week due to the number of injuries we have on the d. I think both offences will preform well this week. Wonder if ARod will need to match Flynn's wk 17 performance vrs lions for us to win this one.

Pugger
11-15-2012, 12:08 PM
We're gonna have to outscore Stafford and Megatron.

Tony Oday
11-15-2012, 12:27 PM
O lord we are going to get crushed by Baby Huey and the the decepticons. They will have over 500 yards and 35 points.

pbmax
11-15-2012, 12:34 PM
O lord we are going to get crushed by Baby Huey and the the decepticons. They will have over 500 yards and 35 points.

Yep, just like last year when their defense was better and less injured.

pbmax
11-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Neal is back at practice. Jordy Nelson is practicing. But Quarless is suffering from Multiple Neal Syndrome (MNS) and is not on the field.

Wood, Matthews and Jennings still out. Also Dougherty can't seem to find Johnny White. Shields is limited in practice.

Sherrod is in Day 3 of stealing the coveted Bruce Wilkersen Award from James Jones, Tim Masthay, Brad Jones and TJ Lang.

Fritz
11-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Neal is back at practice. Jordy Nelson is practicing. But Quarless is suffering from Multiple Neal Syndrome (MNS) and is not on the field.

Wood, Matthews and Jennings still out. Also Dougherty can't seem to find Johnny White. Shields is limited in practice.

Sherrod is in Day 3 of stealing the coveted Bruce Wilkersen Award from James Jones, Tim Masthay, Brad Jones and TJ Lang.

The Leos are an odd bunch this year. Their pattern has been - mostly - to begin sluggishly on offense. Stafford seems out-of-sync early on often times, and the team falls behind, particularly early in the season when the special teams were awful. Then the team often rallies in the fourth quarter, and the Lions seem unstoppable. Stafford's numbers are weird - in the Minny game he was like 3-10 when the game was close, and then phenomonally good once the team went into catch-up mode. Mikel LeShoure seems to be getting the hang of things. He's a big boy. Brandon Pettigrew can take some of the heat off Megatron in the middle of the field, but he drops the ball sometimes.

The defense, despite having a decimated secondary, has been really pretty solid. The special teams were Green Bay circa 2008-like for the first part of the season, but have improved lately.

It's a weird team. Two weeks ago they crushed Jacksonville - it was never a contest - and people in these parts thought the team had turned the corner. But once again they were listless through the first three quarters of the Minnesota game.

I don't know - I don't know if anyone knows - which team will show up Sunday. Ford Field is loud, damn loud, and that team feeds off of that. They might have that backs-against-the-wall, us-against-the-world attitude, and steamroll the Pack in the first quarter, forcing Green Bay into catch-up ball. Or they could fuck up right away, lose a fumble or give up a big play, and take the steam out of the crowd.

They've been decimated by injuries - seven guys sat out Wedneday's practice - so it might be a question of which team's backups play better.

If the offensive line of the Packers can step up and wear their big-boy pants on Sunday, and if the front seven of the Packers' defense can put some heat on Stafford and stuff the run, this game will go well. If the Lions come out fired up and jumping around, and get the Pack in a hole, it could be a tough go.

The Pack better win. I can't stand these damn Lions' fans when their team wins. I had to listen to them be complete a-holes two years ago when I saw Aaron Rodgers get slammed into the turf and watched Matt Flynn throw an interception from the Lions' five yard line or so.

Revenge game for me. Go Pack go!

Smidgeon
11-15-2012, 01:07 PM
The Leos are an odd bunch this year. Their pattern has been - mostly - to begin sluggishly on offense. Stafford seems out-of-sync early on often times, and the team falls behind, particularly early in the season when the special teams were awful. Then the team often rallies in the fourth quarter, and the Lions seem unstoppable. Stafford's numbers are weird - in the Minny game he was like 3-10 when the game was close, and then phenomonally good once the team went into catch-up mode. Mikel LeShoure seems to be getting the hang of things. He's a big boy. Brandon Pettigrew can take some of the heat off Megatron in the middle of the field, but he drops the ball sometimes.

The defense, despite having a decimated secondary, has been really pretty solid. The special teams were Green Bay circa 2008-like for the first part of the season, but have improved lately.

It's a weird team. Two weeks ago they crushed Jacksonville - it was never a contest - and people in these parts thought the team had turned the corner. But once again they were listless through the first three quarters of the Minnesota game.

I don't know - I don't know if anyone knows - which team will show up Sunday. Ford Field is loud, damn loud, and that team feeds off of that. They might have that backs-against-the-wall, us-against-the-world attitude, and steamroll the Pack in the first quarter, forcing Green Bay into catch-up ball. Or they could fuck up right away, lose a fumble or give up a big play, and take the steam out of the crowd.

They've been decimated by injuries - seven guys sat out Wedneday's practice - so it might be a question of which team's backups play better.

If the offensive line of the Packers can step up and wear their big-boy pants on Sunday, and if the front seven of the Packers' defense can put some heat on Stafford and stuff the run, this game will go well. If the Lions come out fired up and jumping around, and get the Pack in a hole, it could be a tough go.

The Pack better win. I can't stand these damn Lions' fans when their team wins. I had to listen to them be complete a-holes two years ago when I saw Aaron Rodgers get slammed into the turf and watched Matt Flynn throw an interception from the Lions' five yard line or so.

Revenge game for me. Go Pack go!

Which of course means they'll start lights-out against the Pack...

Freak Out
11-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Get ready for Megatron vs Optimus Prime.

Old School
11-15-2012, 02:29 PM
"Optimus Prime"? Give me a break. I wish Tramon would zip it. It's bad enough Iron Hands Finley can't keep his mouth shut. I understand players having confidence. In fact I would sure expect them to be totally confident. When you are truly good, other people will tell you, since you gave them a heads up with your play. Most guys that talk about how good they are, aren't really. The league is full of mental midgets that do it all with their mouths. The teams with the most talkers, usually are cluster @#%&'s. I'd point to the Eagles and Jets as "Exemple gratia".

Fritz
11-15-2012, 02:57 PM
"Optimus Prime"? Give me a break. I wish Tramon would zip it. It's bad enough Iron Hands Finley can't keep his mouth shut. I understand players having confidence. In fact I would sure expect them to be totally confident. When you are truly good, other people will tell you, since you gave them a heads up with your play. Most guys that talk about how good they are, aren't really. The league is full of mental midgets that do it all with their mouths. The teams with the most talkers, usually are cluster @#%&'s. I'd point to the Eagles and Jets as "Exemple gratia".

I am more bothered by their choice of tv shows. Back in the day, they'd have been referring to themselves as characters from the Banana Splits.

denverYooper
11-15-2012, 03:07 PM

Maybe the man took away his meds too.

denverYooper
11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
McCarthy is, like, 59-1 coming off of a bye.

pbmax
11-15-2012, 04:07 PM
I am more bothered by their choice of tv shows. Back in the day, they'd have been referring to themselves as characters from the Banana Splits.

That would be the greatest Halloween costumes of all time*, at least for a certain demographic. Especially if you had their go karts.

Its either the Banana Splits or the Sleestacks from Land of the Lost.

pbmax
11-15-2012, 04:07 PM

Andy Reid used to comfort himself the same way. Now he is looking for a place to crash in the offseason.

mmmdk
11-15-2012, 05:22 PM

:lol: More like 5-1 with only loss coming in 2008 at Tennessee Titans in OT. It actually makes little sense in the schemes of Stubbyness! :lol:

Fritz
11-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Andy Reid used to comfort himself the same way. Now he is looking for a place to crash in the offseason.

He can share a place with Rex Ryan.

Damn Loins. So unpredictable. Thoughts on matchups? Does Schvantz call a good defensive game against MM?

Fritz
11-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Here's a quote from the Detroit News about Ndahmakommalammakong Suh's Wednesday media session:

"Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh declined his usual Wednesday interview this week. Instead, he spent a few minutes arguing with a Lions media representative over his statistics."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121114/SPORTS0101/211140466#ixzz2CL3qKXPG

Now that's the kind of team-first attitude you like to see!

ThunderDan
11-15-2012, 10:56 PM
He can share a place with Rex Ryan.

Damn Loins. So unpredictable. Thoughts on matchups? Does Schvantz call a good defensive game against MM?

He probably then called the officiating crew to make sure the Packers don't untie his shoes this year.

Quoted the wrong post. This is supposed to be about Suh.

mraynrand
11-16-2012, 06:42 AM

I'd start to worry if they referred to themselves as characters from the Bugaloos

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HoZcnRbEDDA/TOQJrOQvspI/AAAAAAAABhI/JEOuYUSR3e4/s1600/bugaloos.jpg

pittstang5
11-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Looks like Shields won't play on Sunday and it was finally stated what his injury was - high ankle Sprain, which now makes sense as to why he's been out for so long.

hoosier
11-16-2012, 07:35 AM
new pass rush = Dezman Moses

Fritz
11-16-2012, 08:18 AM
new pass rush = Dezman Moses

Vandermeuse keeps making references to how difficult it has been for the Pack to win without Matthews. He said, in his chat, he would not be surprised to see the Packers lose to the Loins.

I guess we'll just wait and see. No doubt it makes life much more difficult. The Loins' offensive line has done a good job giving Stafford time this year, so Capers might need to be scheming away like a Big Oil lobbyist.

pbmax
11-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Vandermeuse keeps making references to how difficult it has been for the Pack to win without Matthews. He said, in his chat, he would not be surprised to see the Packers lose to the Loins.

I guess we'll just wait and see. No doubt it makes life much more difficult. The Loins' offensive line has done a good job giving Stafford time this year, so Capers might need to be scheming away like a Big Oil lobbyist.

I think he has 2.5 games of evidence. If that's not clear cut, I don't know what is.

Bossman641
11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Rodgers past 8 indoor games:
71% completion
328 yards/game
25:1 TD to INT ratio :shock:

Patler
11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
I think he has 2.5 games of evidence. If that's not clear cut, I don't know what is.

...and they won one of the games that Matthews didn't play, 2011 vs Detroit. Obviously that was a shootout, and a tough one to win, but besides Matthews, Woodson also didn't play at all, and many other regulars only played a little. Bush, Lee, So'Oto, Jones, Neal etc. all played quite a bit in that game. So, was it a tough win because Matthews didn't play, or because all of the regulars were rested a lot?

Upnorth
11-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Rodgers past 8 indoor games:
71% completion
328 yards/game
25:1 TD to INT ratio :shock:

And that is why he belongs on the I'm proud of you son thread.
So he is averaging 3+ tds per game in domes. If our ol can give him any semblance of protection this is going to be one fun game to watch our offence!

pbmax
11-16-2012, 05:41 PM
...and they won one of the games that Matthews didn't play, 2011 vs Detroit. Obviously that was a shootout, and a tough one to win, but besides Matthews, Woodson also didn't play at all, and many other regulars only played a little. Bush, Lee, So'Oto, Jones, Neal etc. all played quite a bit in that game. So, was it a tough win because Matthews didn't play, or because all of the regulars were rested a lot?

I think Mike just saw a factoid, ran it by his memory and decided it was the most important point that could be made.

pbmax
11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Friday practice:

Nelson practiced and is probable. Shields is questionable. Benson has picked up his rehab, no timetable yet. Writer speculates that 2nd Detroit game is earliest possible target. Terrell Manning is questionable. Alex Green was no go for practice but it was precautionary, expected to play. Taylor, DJ Williams, Worthy and White probable.

Quarless is OUT. Kuhn, Lang, Driver and Neal are probable.

Sherrod looked gimpy to McGinn and McCarthy said he was holding out hope he could play this year, in other words, he will be 2013's most improved player.

Fritz
11-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Friday practice:

Nelson practiced and is probable. Shields is questionable. Benson has picked up his rehab, no timetable yet. Writer speculates that 2nd Detroit game is earliest possible target. Terrell Manning is questionable. Alex Green was no go for practice but it was precautionary, expected to play. Taylor, DJ Williams, Worthy and White probable.

Sherrod looked gimpy to McGinn and McCarthy said he was holding out hope he could play this year, in other words, he will be 2013's most improved player.

The talking (brainless) heads in Detroit sports radio are predicting that this backs-against-the-wall Lions team will win on Sunday. It's a must-win for them; it's the kind of game the Lions often play well in.

I say brainless not for that prediction - this team scares me - but because they make shit up. One radiohead was trying to make a case that Green Bay is really hurting. Matthews is out, he said, and Woodson, Nelson is hurting and Driver is...uh....is facing some injury issues this week. Then he repeated this later, that Driver had some injury problem in practice this week and is gimpy.

Really? I haven't read a single thing in the JSO or GBPG about Driver hurting. And as far as I've seen, Nelson is doing pretty well this week and said he feels very good.

The fans are all on the bandwagon. Several callers and radioheads claimed that since the Leos have been criticized all week - the Suh fuss, an NFC scout calling out Suh and the defensive coaching staff - that the team will come out with a vengeance and try to put the hurt on Rodgers.

Joemailman
11-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Friday practice:

2nd Detroit game (December 9) is the earliest Benson would be eligible to return.

rbaloha1
11-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Expect a close hard fought game.

The Shadow
11-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Let's make it Packer 31 -17.
Pick-To-Click : Dezman Moses

pittstang5
11-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Glass half-empty guy here -

No Mathews = no pass rush = no Packer win. Cut and dry.