PDA

View Full Version : Clifton back to the Pack?

Brando19
11-14-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094961/article/aaron-rodgers-chad-clifton-could-help-packers-oline

I think TT should definitely call Cliffy and see if he can pass a physical. He would at least give us depth on the o line. Maybe Newhouse can play Guard?

KYPack
11-14-2012, 03:12 PM
I dunno about that one.

We need to leave Cliffy alone before we kill him.

Patler
11-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Don't you love it when the headline bears little or no relationship to the content of the article?

Headline:

Aaron Rodgers: Chad Clifton could help Packers' O-line

What Rodgers actually said:

"I haven't talked to Cliff in a while, but I would guess he might be able to be lured from Nashville," Rodgers said on his weekly radio show with Jason Wilde on ESPN Milwaukee. "I love Cliff, so I would never not want to see him up here. We've had a lot of fun together, and it would be good to see him back up here.

"I think if there's any interest, it's worth looking into. At least (it'd be worth) bringing him up here and seeing what kind of shape he's in, how his body is. It's worth that if there's interest on our side."

Hasn't talked to him.
Guesses he would be interested in playing.
Loves Cliffy and "would never not want to see him up here."
Worth looking into if there is interest.
Would need to bring him in to assess what shape he is in, and how his body is.

Did Rodgers ever say Clifton could help the O-line? No, he said it might be worth looking into to see if he could. They make it sound as if Rodgers is lobbying for Clifton's return, when all he really said is what TT probably already has considered and maybe even discussed with MM and the medical staff. Heck, IF Clifton has recovered, who better could they bring in to evaluate?

Freak Out
11-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Damn liberal media!

red
11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
i'm with KY, we got just about every ounce we could out of that old work horse. leave that poor guy be

Upnorth
11-14-2012, 06:34 PM
If he was an upgrade at any position that would tell me the ol is in much worse shape than I fear. He would be extreme desperation depth at best. On the other hand it would be nice to see him back in the uniform from a nostalgia point of viewm

Guiness
11-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I dunno...maybe he can play OLB?

Maybin and Merriman have been mentioned, I bet he could play OLB as well as either of them!