PDA

View Full Version : SHERRY............looks like he might get shut down again

Bretsky
11-17-2012, 07:50 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packnot17-vc7m3pg-179764651.html

red
11-17-2012, 08:28 AM
BUST

there, someone had to say it. too bad, i thought he was a great pick when it happened

pbmax
11-17-2012, 10:18 AM
:roll:

He broke his freaking leg. And not like when Bulaga tripped on someone's foot and dislocated his hip by falling down like a widower. Newhouse blocked someone into Sherrod's leg, snapping it in two, twice.

If Mike Flanagan can come back and play LT, so can Sherrod from a less gruesome injury.

LP
11-17-2012, 11:00 AM
BUST

there, someone had to say it. too bad, i thought he was a great pick when it happened

Can't break into the starting lineup on the defending World Champion team. Break your leg in not one but TWO places. Ten months later you can't play yet so now your a bust. Bit of an overreaction don't you think?

denverYooper
11-17-2012, 07:01 PM
I could go for some Sherry.

MJZiggy
11-17-2012, 09:22 PM
I could go for some Sherry.
Tequila.

red
11-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Can't break into the starting lineup on the defending World Champion team. Break your leg in not one but TWO places. Ten months later you can't play yet so now your a bust. Bit of an overreaction don't you think?

he also couldn't beat out an undrafted rookie who at best is very average on that defending champ team

smuggler
11-18-2012, 10:35 AM
It's not a bust when it's ONE massive injury.

LP
11-18-2012, 11:13 AM
he also couldn't beat out an undrafted rookie who at best is very average on that defending champ team

That undrafted rookie had a NFL offseason and opportunities to play and start because of injuries his first season. Game experience is huge. NFL speed and all that. Sherrod didn't get an offseason, and when his opportunity arose, he breaks his leg. Granted, he wasn't setting the world on fire in that game but not everyone can be Joe Thomas (but I sure wish he was!!). Two offseason's now shot, still recovering from injury and he's a bust cause he can't play yet. If you ask me, Finley's a bigger bust because you know he can play. Jury's still out on Sherrod.

sharpe1027
11-18-2012, 11:35 AM
If Joe Thomas got hit that way, his leg would have broke too. It may end up being a pick that does no good for the pack but the injury was nobody's fault. Call it a bust pick or whatever but shit happens.

pbmax
11-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Sherrod also spent time in TC at Guard and it clearly wasn't his position. He wasn't built for it like Bulaga. If Sherrod and Newhouse had competed all camp long at tackle, result might be different.