PDA

View Full Version : Let's play a little game...IF they want to activate Sherrrod next week....

Patler
11-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Doesn't sound like this will happen, but what if they decide that Sherrod could be ready to play in a couple weeks, so they want to keep him on the roster just in case. Let's assume they have no new injuries this weekend. Who should they release to make room for him on the roster?

If Matthews is OK to go next week, So'Oto or another linebacker might be an option. But if he isn't?

Maybe one of the TEs?

White? That would leave just Green, Starks and Kuhn.

Boykin? Richardson? Driver?

I might let White go, expecting Benson back in a couple weeks. But then what? How do you make room for him?

It would be a sad day, but the logical one might be Driver. He made no impact when Jennings and Nelson were out. I can't imagine them bringing him back next year anyway. He doesn't play ST except on the "hands" team, so in the here and now he wouldn't be missed on gameday.

sharpe1027
11-18-2012, 10:30 AM
The problem with dd is that leaves only leaves 5 total wrs. Taylor, Quarless or White would be my guesses.

smuggler
11-18-2012, 10:45 AM
White.

pbmax
11-18-2012, 11:47 AM
White is the easier choice but they signed him rather than more heralded true RBs to help on Special Teams. Remember they are missing still missing Saine there. I would expect Boykin or Richardson depending on the ST help they offer. Though its possible Boykin has done enough to either make the Packers want to keep him around and/or to attract teams to pick him up once waived. Might not make it back to PS.

red
11-18-2012, 02:06 PM
i'm gonna guess he's injured within 10 snaps

is that not the game?

RashanGary
11-18-2012, 05:27 PM
How is this working? Do we need to replace two players if Sherrod and Benson come back?

If we have to cut two guys, to me it would be White first with Driver second. If it's only one spot, I don't see Driver cut. He probably won't be anyway.

OS PA
11-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Sherrod isn't coming back, but if he magically grows a new leg this week, we'll see White cut. We have Green, Starks, Kuhn, and Cobb back there. Starks looked like a capable back again. I'm convinced he's a better runner the more touches he gets. Plus we'll have Benson back for the playoff push, which adds another RB to the stable. If we need to cut a second player, cut Boykin. The kid is just a pipe-dream. We're losing nothing if we cut him. He's just another player that everyone fell in love with because he survived the pre-season.