PDA

View Full Version : From High School to the NFL?

Guiness
11-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Two of the Detroit players quoted a high school as their school during their into clip.\

Did these guys really not attend a college, or do they just choose not to mention it for some reason? I didn't notice who they were at the time, and looking at Detroit's depth chart, all seem to have a college listed.

George Cumby
11-18-2012, 10:18 PM
They do it all the time. Just paying their propers to the ol' home town, methinks.

red
11-18-2012, 10:30 PM
exactly george

i've even heard them mention grade schools before.

Lurker64
11-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Guys can say pretty much whatever they want to in those segments. Guys sometimes want to give a shoutout to a school they attended other than their college, other people just like to have fun with it.

I've heard over the past few years guys claim "Minnesota School of Bartending", "The Shaolin Temple", "Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Academy" and "Ball So Hard University".

mraynrand
11-19-2012, 04:58 PM
If I ever get on MNF, I am going to give a shout out for the Manz Mustangs.

pbmax
11-19-2012, 05:05 PM
I'd go Grand Lakes University or Faber College.

Guiness
11-19-2012, 05:06 PM
If I ever get on MNF, I am going to give a shout out for the Manz Mustangs.

Is there a good chance that will happen?

Guiness
11-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Guys can say pretty much whatever they want to in those segments. Guys sometimes want to give a shoutout to a school they attended other than their college, other people just like to have fun with it.

I've heard over the past few years guys claim "Minnesota School of Bartending", "The Shaolin Temple", "Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Academy" and "Ball So Hard University".

So, essentially, the NFL doesn't care what the players give as their school for an intro. That actually quite surprises me, I'd expect them to have a strict set of rules about that. No, I'm not kidding...individuality is not what the NFL wants, especially from their rank and file.

mraynrand
11-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Is there a good chance that will happen?

About the same likelihood that I'll get bitten by a radioactive spider and start climbing walls in a red and blue suit. So far all the spiders I've irradiated have died before biting me.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2012, 07:42 PM
"MadTownPacker, THE Eastin-Arcola Wildcats"

swede
11-20-2012, 07:46 PM
swede Swenson, Huntley Elementary

gbgary
11-20-2012, 09:01 PM
"MadTownPacker, THE Eastin-Arcola Wildcats"

"the" lol