PDA

View Full Version : Why Adderal?

Guiness
11-21-2012, 12:48 PM
I see another player - Falcons Joe Hawley - has been suspended for taking Adderal. I was wondering what it is about this drug, and found this article.

http://deadspin.com/5931646/adderall-is-the-nfls-hot-new-ped-excuse

From the article:

But the fact remains, there's no way for us to tell Adderall from greenies or meth or any other form of amphetamines in a drug test. They all provide the same competitive benefits—increased alertness, increased stamina, increased oxygen flow

A pile of players have been suspended for this. If these benefits are real, the last line of the article makes it interesting

So, some advice to players: just find a shady doctor who's liberal with his scrip pad. It's really not that hard. Baseball players have figured that out.

Good Lord I can't believe I'm quoting Deadspin.

mission
11-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Adderal because it's somewhat socially acceptable and the players are allowed to say what they were tested for while the league cannot correct them. Say they're found taking straight up Deca durabolin (steroids), they can just say it was Adderal and we all say "at least it wasn't steroids".

Adderal, by the way, is just a legal methamphetamine given to folks with ADD. Can't see why someone would just take it, but I guess they want an edge. Tried it once, disgusting feeling. Can't sleep, sweaty. Just nasty IMO.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2012, 01:13 PM
You was tweaking Mish!! Did you have an erection for more than four hours?

mission
11-21-2012, 04:16 PM
You was tweaking Mish!! Did you have an erection for more than four hours?

Yeah, I can't stand anything like that. I'm already high energy, it does the opposite and zombifies me. My "party" days are long over.
Can't remember if the hard-on was quite that long though.

KYPack
11-21-2012, 05:27 PM
People that play contact sports will get their hands on speed and pain pills.

This is a truism.

Some guys can play without 'em, but some guys can't play if they don't have 'em.

Freak Out
11-21-2012, 05:46 PM
People that play contact sports will get their hands on speed and pain pills.

This is a truism.

Some guys can play without 'em, but some guys can't play if they don't have 'em.

I know a shitload of Hockey players that fall into this category...even rec league freaks.

mission
11-21-2012, 08:06 PM
I know a shitload of Hockey players that fall into this category...even rec league freaks.

Makes me think of some of the guys we've played in rec league softball. Crazy freaks of (synthetic) nature...

Lurker64
11-21-2012, 11:38 PM
The NFL never comments on what you test positive for, and since many people take Adderal with a prescription for legitimate purposes, when guys get caught taking elephant steroids or whatever, they can just like and say "I didn't get my Adderal prescription checked with the league" and the league will never refute the claim.

So while some of the people getting busted for "Adderal" are actually taking that drug, I'd be willing to bet that a good number are not.

mission
11-22-2012, 08:45 AM
I know no one really reads my posts, but that's kinda what I said, Lurk! :P

mraynrand
11-22-2012, 10:45 AM
I know no one really reads my posts, but that's kinda what I said, Lurk! :P

did you say something?

rbaloha1
11-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Increases focus. Helps with learning and blocks out distractions.

Patler
11-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Lurker makes a great point. I haven't read anyone else that picked up on that! :lol::wink:

LegandofthePack15
11-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Increases focus. Helps with learning and blocks out distractions.

Really? Damn, I gotta get some for poker.

pbmax
11-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Lurker makes a great point. I haven't read anyone else that picked up on that! :lol::wink:

Yep. Would love to know where he gets his information.

mission
11-23-2012, 12:22 PM
:cry:!

Guiness
11-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Yep. Would love to know where he gets his information.

Kudos to Lurker for pointing it out more clearly. The article did bring it up but it was not obvious what they were trying to say - that the CBA prohibits the NFL from commenting on these cases. I'm not at all sure why players are allowed to.

Guiness
11-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Two more 'Adderol' users, both of the Seattle CB's.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21140988

Strange the way both came up positive at the same time - even if the tests occurred the same day (possible, the testers were in town and administered both of them), did they get processed in the lab, etc, in parallel?
One of the players is saying he's never taken Adderal or anything else.

woodbuck27
11-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I can't stand anything like that. I'm already high energy, it does the opposite and zombifies me. My "party" days are long over.
Can't remember if the hard-on was quite that long though.

Does a 'hard on' have to be long?

denverYooper
11-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Holy smokes Woody, you're on fire today.