PDA

View Full Version : Here comes another "GIANT Nightmare"

Bretsky
11-22-2012, 04:54 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-relive-a-giant-nightmare-2l7o7vf-180460961.html

Bretsky
11-22-2012, 04:55 AM
Why is it the Giants have our number ? Hmmmm

1. Their DL makes our OL their biatch
2. Their OL makes our DL their biatch

It seems like no other team.......the NY Giants consistently expose us as being a soft finesse team.

Anybody see that changing this week ?

Brando19
11-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Yes. The Giants are about to get Cobbed.

Upnorth
11-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Last year we split with the NYG. They don't dominate us, they just have better timing on when to win. What's the giants injury situation?

mission
11-22-2012, 08:47 AM

It seems like no other team.......the NY Giants consistently expose us as being a soft finesse team.

Consistently expose us? We've won the last three regular season games. They've beat us twice in the playoffs and one of those losses was against Favre and a completely different team.

That said, I don't feel very confident against them.

KYPack
11-22-2012, 09:06 AM
You need to nuetralize their DLine. The Bengals have really good OT's. They shut out Osi and Tuck and the rest of the D was like toilet paper.

Our OT's can be a sore point, but if Lange and Marshmellow hang in there we can do some good.

The G-Men have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

That Prince Whatisname is more like a Princess back there.

We can definitely get 'em if everything clicks into place.

I'm hoping home cooking makes the difference.

HarveyWallbangers
11-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Rodgers is 2-1 against the Giants with 10 TDs and 2 interceptions. I don't feel very confident either, but it mainly stems from not having Jennings, Matthews, and Woodson (and Bulaga). I want to play them again in the playoffs--with a healthier team.

Bretsky
11-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Rodgers is 2-1 against the Giants with 10 TDs and 2 interceptions. I don't feel very confident either, but it mainly stems from not having Jennings, Matthews, and Woodson (and Bulaga). I want to play them again in the playoffs--with a healthier team.

That would make one of us; I'd rather not see them in the playoffs.

I'd rather play a better team on turf than the Giants

The Shadow
11-22-2012, 09:53 AM

.................................................. ........
Your comment is already pinned to the Packers clubhouse bulletin board and will prove to be the key to a GB win Sunday.

Fritz
11-22-2012, 10:20 AM

Good God. Did you know that the Green Bay Packers have made the playoffs 3 years in a row? Did you know they've won a Super Bowl more recently than your beloved New England Patriots? Did you know their record is something like 36 - 11 the last 2.5 years?

Ah, what a soft, finesse team. What a worrisome time to be a Packer fan.

Pugger
11-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Over on footballsfuture the Giant fans don't sound all that confident about beating us. :shock: Evidently their defense hasn't been all that stellar so far this season. But didn't they beat up the 9ers in SF? I guess because of our patch work quilt O line we are all praying for Rodgers' health and well-being Sunday night.

mraynrand
11-22-2012, 10:43 AM

I missed the news: Is Matthews for certain out this week?

George Cumby
11-22-2012, 10:47 AM
I missed the news: Is Matthews for certain out this week?

Doubtful is what I had heard. I interpret this as he's playing.

Pugger
11-22-2012, 10:52 AM
I thought I heard he was out...? :-(

pittstang5
11-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Another tough game and I'm going to stick with my M.O. - No way in hell the Packers win this one.

Mathews = Doubtful. Pretty much means he won't play. Honestly, not having Mathews won't be the reason the Packers lose against the Giants. Giants are going to be very healthy coming off a bye week, ( I hate playing teams coming off a bye). Nicks will be back. Eli is going to carve up the secondary. The Giants D-line is going to have a field day against this sorry excuse of an o-line. I just hope everyone comes out of this game alive. Packers have no shot - 34 to 17 Giants.

rbaloha1
11-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Slow painful loss.

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 03:35 PM
I guarantee a Packers win!

Bretsky
11-22-2012, 03:48 PM
you dudes know my mojo
I like finding thought intriguing articles and stirring the pot in my threads
If posting the thoughts elsewhere can help GB win I'm all for it

But my point that the Giants have the make up in the trenches to stick it to Green Bay again...............that's a definite possiblity.

I feel bad going into this one............which typically provided a decent end outcome so that's a good thing

pbmax
11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
McCarthy said he was doubtful about Matthews. Essentially the same thing for Jennings, though he was slightly more circumspect there. Usually, he doesn't sandbag injuries or do a Lou Holtz routine.

With a relatively healthy team, the Packers O went up and down the field on that dominating Giants D line in the regular season. The D was its normal porous self in that game after a fast start. Then it played one of its better halves versus the G-Men in the playoffs only to have the O disappear.

Missing Jennings and having Finley living inside of his own nightmare (kind of like a Twilight Zone episode) means the Packer O has a tougher time using the passing game to make up for the running game versus the Cover 2.

Finley might be breaking out and Starks will at least knock some defenders on their keister. We'll see.

Joemailman
11-22-2012, 10:28 PM
The 2 times the Packers haven't been able to beat the Giants in the playoffs, no one else could either. The Giants were in the middle of great playoff runs that resulted in Lombardi Trophies. So I don't know if the Giants had the Packers number any more than they had anyone else's number. When they are playing well, they can beat anyone. Their defense does have the ability, when playing well, to put pressure on the opposing QB without doing a lot of blitzing, although they haven't been playing like that lately.

By the way, for those who think the Packers have to play in a dome to beat a good team late in the season, I would point out that the temperature was 25 at game time and dropping when the Packers clobbered the Giants at Lambeau in 2010.

Fritz
11-23-2012, 06:50 AM
The 2 times the Packers haven't been able to beat the Giants in the playoffs, no one else could either. The Giants were in the middle of great playoff runs that resulted in Lombardi Trophies. So I don't know if the Giants had the Packers number any more than they had anyone else's number. When they are playing well, they can beat anyone. Their defense does have the ability, when playing well, to put pressure on the opposing QB without doing a lot of blitzing, although they haven't been playing like that lately.

By the way, for those who think the Packers have to play in a dome to beat a good team late in the season, I would point out that the temperature was 25 at game time and dropping when the Packers clobbered the Giants at Lambeau in 2010.

I am highly curious as to how Finley plays, and if the Offense tries to get him the ball. I'd like to see them work the middle of the field with Finley, and get him going.

I was encouraged by the push the Packers' defensive line in the middle gave in the Leos game. I'd like to see that again. I'm hoping this defense is gaining confidence.

But we shall see.

pbmax
11-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Pickett is having a whale of a year from an energy and penetration standpoint. The rest provided by Raji, Worthy, Neal and Daniels has really perked up his pass rush. If I was going to mind read, I also suspect spending some time in his familiar nose tackle spot has him excited too.

Tony Oday
11-23-2012, 09:34 AM
The Pack lose in a laugher. 35-14.

Pugger
11-23-2012, 12:16 PM
The Pack lose in a laugher. 35-14.

Unless our O line plays better than it did against the loins you might be right. :-(

Cheesehead Craig
11-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Packers will win, most will be happy here, some will be sad.

denverYooper
11-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Unless our O line plays better than it did against the loins you might be right. :-(

The Packers haven't lost by 14 or more since NO in 2008, when they lost 51-29. Under Rodgers and M3, they haven't been prone to getting totally blown out, though they have had some rough patches in individual games.

Joemailman
11-23-2012, 06:00 PM
The Packers haven't lost by 14 or more since NO in 2008, when they lost 51-29. Under Rodgers and M3, they haven't been prone to getting totally blown out, though they have had some rough patches in individual games.

That is the last game where the Packers did not have a legitimate shot at winning the game. Every game since then, they have been within 7 points at some point in the 4th quarter. The Packers ability to stay competitive in a game in which they are not playing great is probably unmatched in the NFL.

QBME
11-23-2012, 08:13 PM
IMHO- Eli is feeling the pressure from big brother. He is going to try and force the issue, much to his demise.

Pack 31
G Men 10

Pugger
11-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Packers will win, most will be happy here, some will be sad.

Huh?

Guiness
11-24-2012, 10:49 AM
With a relatively healthy team, the Packers O went up and down the field on that dominating Giants D line in the regular season. The D was its normal porous self in that game after a fast start. Then it played one of its better halves versus the G-Men in the playoffs only to have the O disappear.

You taught me new word! The plural of half is halves, spelt with a very. Didn't know that:mrgreen:

pbmax
11-24-2012, 11:11 AM
You taught me new word! The plural of half is halves, spelt with a very. Didn't know that:mrgreen:

You're welcome. Its easy to remember for me because if I try to say or spell any plural word whose singular form ends with a f without a change to 'v' I think I have suddenly developed a lisp.

RashanGary
11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
The Giants are Packer/Patriot killers.

Our offense has changed quite a bit this year. We don't depend so much on the deep pass. With the Giants pass rush and our style of offense in the past, it was a horrible match up.

This year I think is a little different. We're different. They are too. Their running game isn't what it used to be. As balanced as they were, teams with so/so defenses like us and the Patriots were exposed. Now, I think they're a little more one dimensional and that plays into our hands.

And with our run game. It hasn't been great, but we've bounced from Benson to Green to Starks. . . The consisten is that we've continued to work on it. Now the offense has a couple weeks to get chemistry with the guys we have. . . They've stuck with it. Now we could start seeing the pay off.

Upnorth
11-24-2012, 04:27 PM
If we get some pass rush again without Mattews then we will be sitting very pretty come the playoffs. We got some against the lions, but getting some against the giants is the next level to me. If we get pass rush tomorrow we win, and if we continue to get healthier I see a very good future in 2012. We can beat the bears and lions, the vikings are the vikings, and I am strating to feel confident.

pbmax
11-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Since McCarthy came on board, the Packers are 3-2 versus the Giants.

In the same time period, the Patriots are 1-3 versus the Giants.

swede
11-25-2012, 12:03 AM

But ohhh those two...:-(

George Cumby
11-25-2012, 01:27 PM

In the same time period, the Patriots are 1-3 versus the Giants.

3-2*.

The Pack were going to win that game. Favre lost it for them, so I don't feel like we can pin that on M3.

PA Pack Fan
11-25-2012, 05:26 PM
I am deeply concerned about this game.

rbaloha1
11-25-2012, 06:15 PM
I am deeply concerned about this game.

Me too. The Giants defensive line against the Packer's o-line is a big concern.

Pugger
11-25-2012, 06:40 PM
If our O line can keep their D line out of the backfield I like our chances tonight. I do hate waiting for kick-off like this tho. :?

denverYooper
11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
If our O line can keep their D line out of the backfield I like our chances tonight. I do hate waiting for kick-off like this tho. :?

Rodgers is going to be on tonight.

Joemailman
11-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Rodgers is going to be on tonight.

On what?

pbmax
11-25-2012, 10:24 PM
On what?

Painkillers.

Bretsky
11-26-2012, 07:13 AM
.................................................. ........
Your comment is already pinned to the Packers clubhouse bulletin board and will prove to be the key to a GB win Sunday.

Wish it had worked; in the end it turned out to foreshadow what once again happened

woodbuck27
11-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Another tough game and I'm going to stick with my M.O. - No way in hell the Packers win this one.

Mathews = Doubtful. Pretty much means he won't play. Honestly, not having Mathews won't be the reason the Packers lose against the Giants. Giants are going to be very healthy coming off a bye week, ( I hate playing teams coming off a bye). Nicks will be back. Eli is going to carve up the secondary. The Giants D-line is going to have a field day against this sorry excuse of an o-line. I just hope everyone comes out of this game alive. Packers have no shot - 34 to 17 Giants.

Where did you purchase your crystal ball? It's fricken' amazin'. I need something better than the one I'm using that's worn out.

George Cumby
11-26-2012, 07:25 PM

Props for nailing it.

Repped.

woodbuck27
11-26-2012, 07:28 PM
I am highly curious as to how Finley plays, and if the Offense tries to get him the ball. I'd like to see them work the middle of the field with Finley, and get him going.

I was encouraged by the push the Packers' defensive line in the middle gave in the Leos game. I'd like to see that again. I'm hoping this defense is gaining confidence.

But we shall see.

Post Game facts:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012112511/2012/REG12/packers@giants?icampaign=GamePass_ScoreStrip_watch #menu=gamepass&tab=recap

J. Finley: 3 catch's for 51 yards and 0 TD's.

Four other receivers ( J.Nelson, R. Cobb, J. Kuhn and A. Green) for 179 yds receiving on 12 receptions and ONE TD. No G. Jennings nor James Jones nor Donald Driver. IMO under utilization of the TE position or ....... is it simply the TE's assignment to protect Aaron Rodgers !!!!

WOW !