PDA

View Full Version : Other games week 12 (including Thanksgiving)

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Suh is a dirty, dirty player - tried to injure Matt Schaub. Don't like detroit! :mad:

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 01:03 PM
:lol: Texans super bowl contenders!? :lol: Kittens are playing with their D! One on one coverage will kill 'em in playoffs.

red
11-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Shwantz just fucked the lions with his stupidity

Freak Out
11-22-2012, 01:51 PM
That was awesome. :)

channtheman
11-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Pretty sure the ref meant to say the play isn't "challenge-able" but you can still review it. I am pretty sure the refs got that wrong. If they didn't, the NFL needs to take a serious look at why that play isn't reviewable.

channtheman
11-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh just heard on the tele, Schwartz screwed his team! What a dolt! His stupid image of being a badass and getting angry screwed himself and his team. What an idiot.

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Schwartz, you suck! :lol: The rule that made Schwartz suck more, sucks too, but Schwartz is the King of SUCK!

Guiness
11-22-2012, 02:03 PM
What happened???

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 02:06 PM
What happened???

Threw a red flag on a long TD run by Texans where runner was obviously down but NFL rule makes it non reviewable, if ass hat coaches throw the flag on scoring plays. Even 15 yards pen on kickoff.

Fosco33
11-22-2012, 02:07 PM
What happened???

Forsett ran and was down but no whistle - kept running and refs ruled it a TD.

Schwartz threw a flag - even though every TD/Turnover is reviewed.

Apparently - since he threw the flag, they couldn't review it anymore and it was a TD...

In the preseason, M3 threw a flag on a turnover, got a penalty but it was still reviewed. Maybe the league changed or clarified the rule afterwards?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap2000000051259/New-challenge-rule-stumps-Mike-McCarthy

To me - that's stupid on Schwartz but should've been overturned and Texans given the 15yrds instead of TD...

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Lions...please DON'T FIRE Schwartz! :lol:

channtheman
11-22-2012, 02:20 PM
The rule is stupid, but as an NFL head coach, I'm pretty sure it's your job to know the rules and maintain your composure enough to know that the play will be reviewed. If I was getting paid millions of dollars to do the same thing, I would know the rule changes.

The NFL needs to do a couple things though.

1. Tell announcers who do not know why something was ruled, to just keep their mouth shut or say "I'm not sure why that was ruled that way, let's find out the rule here."
2. Have the refs actually explain a ruling like that. The ref should have said "The ruling on the field is a touchdown. The play is not challenge-able by Detroit as it would have been automatically reviewed as it was a scoring play. However, since Detroit challenged the play, they can no longer benefit from a review of the play and will instead be assessed a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff. The ruling on the field stands, Touchdown Houston."

Guiness
11-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Forsett ran and was down but no whistle - kept running and refs ruled it a TD.

Schwartz threw a flag - even though every TD/Turnover is reviewed.

Apparently - since he threw the flag, they couldn't review it anymore and it was a TD...

In the preseason, M3 threw a flag on a turnover, got a penalty but it was still reviewed. Maybe the league changed or clarified the rule afterwards?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap2000000051259/New-challenge-rule-stumps-Mike-McCarthy

To me - that's stupid on Schwartz but should've been overturned and Texans given the 15yrds instead of TD...

That's the second time I've seen/heard of this. Did one of the Pack's opponents not do this earlier this year? Threw a challenge flag on a scoring play, causing the automatic review to not occur?

Seems kind of harsh. Making them lose the timeout should be punishment enough.

red
11-22-2012, 03:04 PM
atlanta had the same thing happen this last sunday on a turnover. it was a pretty big deal, not sure how schwartz missed it.

unless maybe he had his head too far up his lover-boys ass when it all happened

channtheman
11-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Broyles looks like he just discovered a football and does not want it in his hands when he attempts to catch a pass. So bad.

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Stafford...a very poor mans Bert!

channtheman
11-22-2012, 03:29 PM
TIE TIE TIE TIE TIE

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Anthem in Detroit was way, way classier than in Dallas (sounded horrible). I even spotted a war criminal in the stands in Dallas with his surgically repaired wife.

LegandofthePack15
11-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Learn the fucking rules!

http://youtu.be/OFzKv-9eQXY

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 04:51 PM
RGIII >>> Romo

gbgary
11-22-2012, 05:21 PM
RGIII >>> Romo

romo...13 tds & 14 ints on the year so far. hehe

channtheman
11-22-2012, 06:04 PM
I actually feel kind of bad for Tony Romo. He was never great, at times he has been good, but the greatness and expectations of being the Dallas Cowboys QB has been way to much for him. Watching him after an INT, it's like he's thinking "what do you guys expect from me?"

denverYooper
11-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Charlie Peprah!

mmmdk
11-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Charlie Peprah!

Indeed!

pbmax
11-22-2012, 08:24 PM
That's the second time I've seen/heard of this. Did one of the Pack's opponents not do this earlier this year? Threw a challenge flag on a scoring play, causing the automatic review to not occur?

Seems kind of harsh. Making them lose the timeout should be punishment enough.

Yes they did, don't remember the game. And I think someone earlier was right, McCarthy got away with this once this season. Still a penalty, but still had the review.

The ONLY reason I can think of for that rule is so a team cannot get an extra timeout through this, but even this might be questionable since during an automatic review, I am sure teams are substituting.

pbmax
11-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Romo is simply asked to do too much with not enough talent.

pbmax
11-22-2012, 08:26 PM
And the Jets continue to self destruct their way to a new coach. Maybe they should play Tebow?

pbmax
11-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Cheap Shot Boy Named Suh at it again: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/22/suh-avoids-reporters-after-not-avoiding-schaubs-groin/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMso4LYB5Yo

Lurker64
11-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Lololololololol

http://cdn.cinemagr.am/cine_1/52952401.gif

swede
11-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Ndamukong Suh wants a meeting with the commissioner to clarify what the commissioner means by "kick" and "nuts".

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/622/395/SuhDirty_original.gif

Lurker64
11-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Ndamukong Suh wants a meeting with the commissioner to clarify what the commissioner means by "kick" and "nuts".

It's really an honest misunderstanding.

His coach came to him and said "Suh! Go in there and get a sack!" and so that's what he did.

swede
11-22-2012, 09:43 PM

His coach came to him and said "Suh! Go in there and get a sack!" and so that's what he did.

:rs:

Jimx29
11-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Slowed down some leaves no doubt of that assholes intent
http://i.imgur.com/rzjhO.gif

pbmax
11-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Also, JJ Watt took a shot at Matthew Stafford very similar to Nick Perry's shot to Andrew Luck. Watt definitely had his facemask on Stafford's chest while Perry's head was dipped a little lower (top of facemask and edge of helmet on chest) but Watt slid up Stafford after impact as Perry did to Luck and gave a clear top of the helmet hit to Stafford's helmet.

Should have been a flag and should also elicit a fine.

Cannot find a picture or video. Here is PFT's Twitter comment thread. https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/271719078274691072

pbmax
11-22-2012, 10:28 PM
So nice its worth it twice:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1865f6xuc7wtugif/original.gif

Lurker64
11-22-2012, 11:26 PM
So nice its worth it twice:
*SNIP*

This may be the single funniest thing I've ever seen in a football game.

packrulz
11-23-2012, 05:34 AM
And the Jets continue to self destruct their way to a new coach. Maybe they should play Tebow?

I think Tebow has a couple broken ribs but yes, the Jets really suck.

Fritz
11-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Oh just heard on the tele, Schwartz screwed his team! What a dolt! His stupid image of being a badass and getting angry screwed himself and his team. What an idiot.

Let us not forget that it was Schvantz, in the SF game last year, who admonished the opposing coach to "know the rules."

Pugger
11-23-2012, 07:30 AM
I actually feel kind of bad for Tony Romo. He was never great, at times he has been good, but the greatness and expectations of being the Dallas Cowboys QB has been way to much for him. Watching him after an INT, it's like he's thinking "what do you guys expect from me?"

Even before he ever threw a pass folks were declaring him the next great cowgirl QB. He isn't bad but there was a reason why he wasn't drafted...

Pugger
11-23-2012, 07:32 AM

:lol:

Pugger
11-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Lololololololol

http://cdn.cinemagr.am/cine_1/52952401.gif

I actually felt bad for Sanchez here...

Patler
11-23-2012, 07:33 AM
When the NFL announced they would automatically review scoring plays they also announced the result if a coach threw a challenge flag anyway. I remember discussing it at the time, here or somewhere else.

I think there was also some talk about penalties for challenging other plays that are not reviewable. Coaches have been "picking up" challenge flags for years, after the refs explain that a particular play can not be challenged. This slows down the game, and some felt it was a tactic used by some coaches to disrupt momentum, give their team a breather, or just take a moment to regroup.

The NFL decided it was time for coaches to know the rules and suffer consequences when they don't. I don't have a problem with that. I think assessing a penalty for it is totally appropriate. I'm not quite sure that it makes sense to deny a team the opportunity to benefit from review for challenging an automatically reviewed scoring play. I am unable to come up with any reason for that result.

Pugger
11-23-2012, 07:37 AM

The best line of yesterday's games was when the fans in the stands were calling for Tebow Jim Nantz on the broadcast said Sanchez might be calling for Tebow now too. :lol:

mmmdk
11-23-2012, 08:24 AM
When the NFL announced they would automatically review scoring plays they also announced the result if a coach threw a challenge flag anyway. I remember discussing it at the time, here or somewhere else.

I think there was also some talk about penalties for challenging other plays that are not reviewable. Coaches have been "picking up" challenge flags for years, after the refs explain that a particular play can not be challenged. This slows down the game, and some felt it was a tactic used by some coaches to disrupt momentum, give their team a breather, or just take a moment to regroup.

The NFL decided it was time for coaches to know the rules and suffer consequences when they don't. I don't have a problem with that. I think assessing a penalty for it is totally appropriate. I'm not quite sure that it makes sense to deny a team the opportunity to benefit from review for challenging an automatically reviewed scoring play. I am unable to come up with any reason for that result.

It makes sense; I could mention quite a few nfl coaches that would go "Argentinian" with the red flag. Good rule & Schvantz deserved the non review!

mraynrand
11-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Romo is simply asked to do too much with not enough talent.

If you are talking about Romo's talent, then I agree with you.

pbmax
11-23-2012, 08:47 AM

I wonder if coaches could still get an advisory opinion from the Ref before throwing the flag? :)

The delay of game aspect (essentially an extra timeout) is an obvious fix. But the lack of review after an automatic review play is hard to grasp. I thought perhaps it was a further attempt to reduce official timeouts, but as I said earlier I expect that teams are allowed to substitute players during an automatic review already, so nothing is gained.

Might the difficulty be a problematic one of adding a 15 yard penalty to certain challenge outcomes but that's just throwing something up against the wall? A challenge penally is a dead ball foul so it has to be enforced, but I am struggling coming up with a scenario where punishing the premature flagger is impossible.

pbmax
11-23-2012, 08:51 AM
If you are talking about Romo's talent, then I agree with you.

He's not Favre. But his O line has been a mess for a couple of years now and he looks worse as it plays worse. Their previously vaunted running game is a joke (does anyone remember a team that went from being very good at running to this bad so fast?) and Witten is no longer the same Witten and he has been hurt for significant periods.

Bryant is an undeniable talent but doesn't dominate games or opponents regularly. Austin is a fine second option. I think its a leaky ship of an offense that makes him look worse and his coach and GM aren't doing him any favors.

Cheesehead Craig
11-23-2012, 09:13 AM
He's not Favre. But his O line has been a mess for a couple of years now and he looks worse as it look plays worse. Their previously vaunted running game is a joke (does anyone remember a team that went from being very good at running to this bad so fast?) and Witten is no longer the same Witten and he has been hurt for significant periods.

Bryant is an undeniable talent but doesn't dominate games or opponents regularly. Austin is a fine second option. I think its a leaky ship of an offense that makes him look worse and his coach and GM aren't doing him any favors.

They showed that stat in the game where he dropped back 36 times and was hit 13 of them. Guy is getting killed behind just an atrocious OL. PB is right that Bryant is talented but lacks it in between the ears. Otherwise he has absolute junk to throw to when Austin went down.

channtheman
11-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Let us not forget that it was Schvantz, in the SF game last year, who admonished the opposing coach to "know the rules."

Haha, very true. In regards to not being able to benefit from an automatic review after challenging a non-challengable play, I think the rule is dumb, BUT we can't forget that the head coach makes the choice to throw the flag. Most of these guys make a few million dollars a year. If they are so stupid they can't review the rule changes each year and contain their frustration for 5 seconds and realize it will be automatically reviewed, they deserve to get screwed.