PDA

View Full Version : Official Week 12 Other Games Thread

Joemailman
11-25-2012, 11:51 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000099950/article/adrian-peterson-misses-vikings-bus-to-soldier-field

Adrian Paterson takes cab to Soldier Field after missing the bus. Arrived about 10:30.

red
11-25-2012, 12:11 PM
risky game for the bears. they need to win, but if cutler takes another shot to the head he might be done for the year

Fritz
11-25-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000099950/article/adrian-peterson-misses-vikings-bus-to-soldier-field

Adrian Paterson takes cab to Soldier Field after missing the bus. Arrived about 10:30.

If the cabbie was a true bears fan Adrian Peterson would still be circling the streets of Chicago in a big yellow taxi.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 12:36 PM
If the cabbie was a true bears fan Adrian Peterson would still be circling the streets of Chicago in a big yellow taxi.

Or be in Kenosha by now.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Jennings out per Jay Glazer http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?24780-Giants-Discussion-Trial-Balloon&p=696828&viewfull=1#post696828

Guiness
11-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Bonehead move by Cutler. Ran for 5, straight arms the tackler (instead of sliding) - nice little play, right? He ruins it by tossing the ball to defender, drawing an unsportsmanlike to turn it into a 2nd and 20.

Joemailman
11-25-2012, 12:43 PM
With Harvin out, Vikings just don't have a real threat in the passing game. Hard to tell if Ponder is any good or not.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Browns might be competitive versus Steelers today if their QB can stop throwing pick sixes.

Guiness
11-25-2012, 12:51 PM
With Harvin out, Vikings just don't have a real threat in the passing game. Hard to tell if Ponder is any good or not.

Rudolph making up forhim, playing well. Minnesota moving the ball easily here.

Wow, Bears pull one off. Block a chip shot FG.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Charlie Batch has gotten old.

RashanGary
11-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Credit to Cutler, he's athletic and has a big arm. He's poor in adversity though. Just poor. Tony Romo is similar.

People can overcome anything, even if it's attitude and personality quirks. Cutler only has to go on a 3 or 4 game hot streak to win a SB. I hate to say it, but the Bears are scary and so is Cutler when his head is in the game. He sure looks fresh today. He's moving really well. He's going to have to avoid big hits. If they somehow get a 1st round bye, I'd say the Bears are dangerous.

Joemailman
11-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Rudolph making up forhim, playing well. Minnesota moving the ball easily here.

Wow, Bears pull one off. Block a chip shot FG.

On 3rd down in the red zone, Ponder tried to get the ball to Kyle Rudolph who was double-teamed. When Kyle Rudolph is your go-to guy, you have a serious lack of weapons.

George Cumby
11-25-2012, 01:25 PM

Wasn't he the one time potential QB of the future for the Lions?

Geez, tells you what bad coaching and a poor supporting cast can do to a young man.

George Cumby
11-25-2012, 01:36 PM
cripes the bears are taking it to the queens

Guiness
11-25-2012, 01:48 PM

I'll never forget that game he QB'd Detroit to a win over the Pack. That fake handoff where he stood there holding the ball, watching our D swarm the RB, then a little TD toss.

How long ago was that?

pbmax
11-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Batch is throwing like his arm is a slingshot or Doug Flutie. Got picked off and newly Jim Brown approved Trent Richardson cuts back for a 15 yard TD. The Browns might have an offense to give to their new coach/GM.

Packers4Glory
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Couple comments.

1. Nobody in the NFL gets away w/ more push offs than Brandon Marshall. Nobody. It's unreal what he gets away with game in and game out and how many of those get called on the defense. he shoves a defender in the endzone and the defense draws the flag.

2. I hope this QB change bites SF right in the ass. All Smith had done is complete 70 fucking percent of his passes this yr. 104 passer rating.
Last 2 games he was 18/19 and 7/8 in his passing. Yet they go w/ a guy who, yeah had a great game vs Chicago, but it was one game. Maybe he's the next great thing but I don't think you bench your starter because your back up had a good game in relief. Not when said starter has been money all season. I hope karma kicks them in the ass. all SF has done for Alex Smith since he got drafted was ass fuck him. at least he got paid.

Packers4Glory
11-25-2012, 03:21 PM
also I've always liked Chad Henne. It's nice to see him play well finally getting a shot in Jax. I think he's more than serviceable as a starter and one hell of a backup on a contending team.

Guiness
11-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Couple comments.

1. Nobody in the NFL gets away w/ more push offs than Brandon Marshall. Nobody. It's unreal what he gets away with game in and game out and how many of those get called on the defense. he shoves a defender in the endzone and the defense draws the flag.

2. I hope this QB change bites SF right in the ass. All Smith had done is complete 70 fucking percent of his passes this yr. 104 passer rating.
Last 2 games he was 18/19 and 7/8 in his passing. Yet they go w/ a guy who, yeah had a great game vs Chicago, but it was one game. Maybe he's the next great thing but I don't think you bench your starter because your back up had a good game in relief. Not when said starter has been money all season. I hope karma kicks them in the ass. all SF has done for Alex Smith since he got drafted was ass fuck him. at least he got paid.

I think SF is making a big mistake. Last time I remember something like this happening was with the QB pbmax just made reference to - Doug Flutie. He stared all season for Buffalo, and had a 10-5 record. Rob Johnson came in week 17 and lit it up. Buffalo's coaching staff and ownership didn't like Flutie to begin with, named Johnson their starting QB for the playoff game, which they lost (Music City Miracle).

re: getting paid
he was before the new rookie wage scale - he got paid alright. I saw another article about Jake Long saying his contract negotiations are going to be difficult, because he was a #1 pick under the old system, and that over-inflated contract will be the starting point for his 2nd deal. What is his market value now, as a good, but not elite LT?

LegandofthePack15
11-25-2012, 03:39 PM
also I've always liked Chad Henne. It's nice to see him play well finally getting a shot in Jax. I think he's more than serviceable as a starter and one hell of a backup on a contending team.

Gee, I wonder where Brian Brohm is nowadays.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Troy Aikman is on fire. Or at least he is being contrarian after a good Packers game for him on Thanksgiving. While Joe Buck keeps prattling on about Kapernick's ability to generate big plays, Aikman is pointing out that even with Kapernick, 49er personnel not well suited to AFL football and throwing the football downfield as Vernon Davis drops a 15 yard pass.

Kapernick is lightning fast though, so he can get out of pocket and trouble and collect yards quickly. Seems will to stand in first to try and make the throw. Will be interesting to see what he is doing in 3-4 weeks when opponents have digested film on him.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Brees just threw away his team's great effort to have a 7 point lead with a bad pick 6.

Joemailman
11-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Steelers fumbled 8 times, losing 5 and had 3 passes intercepted. Amazing they were in the game, although I guess playing the Browns helped.

Packers4Glory
11-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Gee, I wonder where Brian Brohm is nowadays.

really?

RashanGary
11-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I like Kapernick. There will be some growing pains, but I like his swagger for a young guy. It certainly doesn't look to big for him.

OS PA
11-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Official Our Game Thread?

denverYooper
11-25-2012, 06:18 PM
I like Kapernick. There will be some growing pains, but I like his swagger for a young guy. It certainly doesn't look to big for him.

He seems alright but my overriding dislike of Harbaugh causes me to hope it will go down in flames yet.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 06:23 PM

Yeah, he seems to be proving the big plays theory correct. Fox said they had 4 plays over 20 yards, though I am not sure those are all offensive.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Official Our Game Thread?

Mad seems superstitious. He has started the Game Day thread late in each of his previous weeks and is on quite a streak.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 06:24 PM
He seems alright but my overriding dislike of Harbaugh causes me to hope it will go down in flames yet.

I am right on the Schadenfreude train with you.

George Cumby
11-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I am right on the Schadenfreude train with you.

Punch my ticket, I'm jumping on board. I have nothing more than fleeting impressions of Harbaugh, but I just don't like that guy and don't want the Niners to succeed as a result.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Everyone start PM'img Mad for the Game Day thread.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Packer Inactives: #Packers inactives: Woodson, Shields, Matthews, Manning, Quarless, Jennings, So'oto.

from Demovsky's Twitter

denverYooper
11-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I have seen more missed kicks than made this week. Hanson, Graham, Prater (2), Akers (2, 1 blk).

Guiness
11-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Don't know if this qualifies as Other Games, but is anyone but anyone but Upnorth and I watching the Grey Cup? Is it even on tv in the US? Good game, halftime right now with a nice looking lineup.

Gordon Lightfoot is on, his guitar is overamplified, drowning out his vocals.

pbmax
11-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Don't know if this qualifies as Other Games, but is anyone but anyone but Upnorth and I watching the Grey Cup? Is it even on tv in the US? Good game, halftime right now with a nice looking lineup.

Gordon Lightfoot is on, his guitar is overamplified, drowning out his vocals.

Not sure if its on but I would tune in to hear Gordon for a bit. :lol:

Guiness
11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Carolina looked bad tonight...and Philly looks worse. Looks like Cam is going to take it home, completing passes at will here with 4 minutes on the clock and a 1 score lead.

Think we've got kicking problems? Carolina's place kicker missed an XP point tonight to keep it exciting. Carolina had to kick off to the Eagles with a 6 instead of 7pt lead.

woodbuck27
11-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I think SF is making a big mistake. Last time I remember something like this happening was with the QB pbmax just made reference to - Doug Flutie. He stared all season for Buffalo, and had a 10-5 record. Rob Johnson came in week 17 and lit it up. Buffalo's coaching staff and ownership didn't like Flutie to begin with, named Johnson their starting QB for the playoff game, which they lost (Music City Miracle).

re: getting paid
he was before the new rookie wage scale - he got paid alright. I saw another article about Jake Long saying his contract negotiations are going to be difficult, because he was a #1 pick under the old system, and that over-inflated contract will be the starting point for his 2nd deal. What is his market value now, as a good, but not elite LT?

In was thinking about this fella just this morning:

Rob 'RoboSACK ' Johnson. Wasn't he a beauty. **

** With USC, Johnson won the 1995 Cotton Bowl Classic. In the Jaguars' opening game of 1997, Johnson started for an injured Mark Brunell and had a breakout performance that set a record for the best completion percentage by a debuting starting quarterback.

Johnson signed a $25 million contract with the Buffalo Bills the following season and was named starting quarterback by coach Wade Phillips but had a tumultuous, injury-ridden run with the Bills and a reputation for frequently being sacked that inspired the nickname "Robo-sack".

Johnson's injuries and poor performance led Phillips to replace Johnson with the more experienced Doug Flutie as starter. Controversially, Phillips decided to start Johnson instead of Flutie for the 2000 Wild Card playoff game that the Bills lost to eventual AFC champion Tennessee Titans, *** after Flutie helped the Bills to an 11-5 record in the 1999 season.

*** more ... READ: Clam Before The Storm:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1023117/index.htm

woodbuck27
11-29-2012, 06:41 AM
NY Jets fan reaction after the first half and upon the team exiting to the locker room for the half time prep talk. It's the bottom video this LINK:

http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/12300970?mailing_id=2011&linksrc=mb_main_col_10

Holy Mackeral ! Nice....really nice.

I heard and read some Eagle fan reaction after the MNF loss to the Panthers. That loss (again) wasn't well received by 'the fans'. As Packer fans we should realize that our win total this season matchs the total number of wins for these two (and I use the word loosely) teams.

GO PACK GO !