PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we're a little bit spolied too

Jimx29
11-25-2012, 11:51 PM
The last time the Packers lost a game by 14 points or more in the regular season? 2008 @ New Orleans.

Kiwon
11-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Hmm..... Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

mmmdk
11-26-2012, 09:39 AM
I get the point but you're not spoiled by winning 1 SB with the leagues best QB; winning numerous SBs and then complain about a 38-10 whopping would be like being a wee bit spoiled. I expect more than 1 SB with Rodgers but it's looking bleak plus I get flashbacks to the last legend QB we had that also just got the 1 SB. Happy they did buuut I still expect/expected more! So be it!! :smile:

denverYooper
11-26-2012, 10:11 AM
The last time the Packers lost a game by 14 points or more in the regular season? 2008 @ New Orleans.

Repped. For someone who has been very critical of this team it's cool that you're providing some perspective instead of going full negative on the team today.

George Cumby
11-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Concur. We are totally spoiled, which is not a bad thing!

red
11-26-2012, 10:58 AM
so what, thats suppose to make me feel better about that all out ass raping we took last night to a team thats been struggling?

denverYooper
11-26-2012, 11:07 AM
so what, thats suppose to make me feel better about that all out ass raping we took last night to a team thats been struggling?

The Giants under Coughlin have usually been volatile. They have a lot of good players who can really go in the tank at times but who really thrive when they're playing well.

They whipped the 49ers before they struggled.

mraynrand
11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
The Giants under Coughlin have usually been volatile. They have a lot of good players who can really go in the tank at times but who really thrive when they're playing well. They whipped the 49ers before they struggled.

Yep. Good post. And the whipping caused the acceleration of the Kaepernick switchover. A mobile, elusive QB is part of the solution for a swift outside pass rush - but it's not enough. Will be interesting to see the Niners-Giants rematch in the playoffs - that should be epic.

pbmax
11-26-2012, 01:06 PM
I would love for Rodgers to be the League's best QB, but he is not playing like it right now. Combine this year with the end of last and something has gone wrong. Efficiency is not there, too many sacks. Feels like 2010 all over again (regular season version).

denverYooper
11-26-2012, 01:11 PM
I would love for Rodgers to be the League's best QB, but he is not playing like it right now. Combine this year with the end of last and something has gone wrong. Efficiency is not there, too many sacks. Feels like 2010 all over again (regular season version).

Greg Jennings? He's been out for most of the time that 2-man has stifled the Packers.

pbmax
11-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Greg Jennings? He's been out for most of the time that 2-man has stifled the Packers.

That seems likely and it could be the underlying reason. Perhaps Jennings will get paid despite being injured of this is true.

We all saw one example of Cobb failing to recognize a blitz and not adjusting his route from the slot.

George Cumby
11-26-2012, 01:16 PM

He holds the ball too long but more importantly, IMO, the lack of pass protection is what's killing him, his efficiency and the team's performance.

Time for Ted to draft a boatload of OL talent.

channtheman
11-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Both our number 1 O line picks are now injured. And I figured we were going to lose this game. I didn't feel confident going in. The injuries caught up with us, and yes the Giants were struggling but that also means they were very hungry for a win. They played well, we did not. But it would be tough for our healthy O line to deal with that pass rush. Now that we are playing musical chairs again and people are playing out of their position? Forget about it.

Than again, MM knows all this before the game. You would think the gameplan would be set up around reducing the pass rush ability with screens, quick passes, etc. Rodgers did throw an interception on a quick pass... it's tough to see positive things from a game like this. Our offense hasn't been very good all year. Let's just hope we can make the playoffs finally clicking and ride that to the Super Bowl.

red
11-26-2012, 01:40 PM

i think he's going to the well too many times. i love cobb and his ability as much as the next packer fan, but he can't be the main target on every single play. they took away cobb last night, that's great, that's gonna happen. thats when you get the ball to jordy and jones. there are other playmakers on this team. jordy only had one other catch other then the long td. jones didn't even have a ball thrown his way, neither did driver. something is wrong with that.

our wr's are our strength, according to yahoo stats the wr's were only targeted 11 times all game. 4 to jordy, 7 to cobb, none to the other wr's

that tells me our offense is broken

denverYooper
11-26-2012, 01:41 PM

He's been loose with the ball at times, close to the half.
Colts, 3rd Q, 13:23, Rodgers throws INT at GNB 39. Colts score a TD
Jacksonville, 2nd Q, 1:03, Rodgers sack/fumble loses ball at Jags 13. Jags score a TD
Giants, 2nd Q, 1:12, Rodgers sack/fumble loses ball at Giants 33, Giants score a TD
Det, 2nd Q, 2:00, Rodgers INT at Lions 23, Stafford fumbles.

Also, Rodgers had a fumble nullified by a penalty coming out of the half vs. Jax that would have again given the Jaguars the ball on their side of the field.

Of 9 times Rodgers has turned the ball over, 6 have resulted in TDs, 2 FGs, and 1 fizzled (thanks Stafford). So teams are making them pay when Rodgers turns it over.

denverYooper
11-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Green Bay's 4 losses are all vs. (currently) playoff-bound teams.

Or 3 losses, if you want to score the Seattle debacle differently, though that matters not in the standings.

pbmax
11-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Problem with the Jennings theory is that we have seen this with him in the lineup, healthy and practiced, before. Was happening at the beginning of 2010 when Finley dominated, offense was misfiring and then Fin got hurt and Jennings took over.

Happened a bunch in 2009 before Cowboys game.

The current streak of weirdness coincides with a Jennings absence, but not sure its caused by it.

Joemailman
11-26-2012, 06:17 PM
A few weeks ago Rodgers said this:

“Outside, the sky is falling. Inside, we’re just fine.” That was right before they annihilated Houston, and I think it still applies.

woodbuck27
11-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Repped. For someone who has been very critical of this team it's cool that you're providing some perspective instead of going full negative on the team today.

Should any NFL fan should feel sorry for the Green Bay Packers at 7-4? Today we have to be focused on the task at hand and seeing our team get healthy and meet that task more effectively.

We're about to see just where we stand as a team in the NFCN with four out of the final five games Vs divisional opponents.

(H) Minny; (H) Detroit; @ Chicago; (H) Tennessee and @ Minny.

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html

GO PACKERS !!

denverYooper
11-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Problem with the Jennings theory is that we have seen this with him in the lineup, healthy and practiced, before. Was happening at the beginning of 2010 when Finley dominated, offense was misfiring and then Fin got hurt and Jennings took over.

Happened a bunch in 2009 before Cowboys game.

The current streak of weirdness coincides with a Jennings absence, but not sure its caused by it.

Yeah, it's just easy to hope that 1 imminent thing (GJ's return) will magically fix the rest. All of a sudden, the magical Greg Jennings comes back and Cover 2 is no longer an issue. In reality, it's multifaceted. There is some reason to hope that:
1.) OL play will improve with reps and outdoor games/weather
2.) Quarless's will alleviate some protection issues. An unknown, though.
3.) Jennings brings back the slant.
4.) M3 and Rodgers will reel in the game
5.) Benson returns and plays well

mmmdk
11-27-2012, 10:11 AM
We're not spoiled with confidence that's for sure. Two championships in nearly 50 years is not being spoiled! Since 1992 Packers have been spoiled with talent and Packers should strive to be in league with the Patriots, Steelers & Cowboys when counting Lombardi trophies.

rbaloha1
11-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Yes.

The Ron Wolf/MH legacy has brought consistent winning and playoff success.

pbmax
11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
We're not spoiled with confidence that's for sure. Two championships in nearly 50 years is not being spoiled! Since 1992 Packers have been spoiled with talent and Packers should strive to be in league with the Patriots, Steelers & Cowboys when counting Lombardi trophies.

Since 1992

Patriots = 3
Cowboys = 3
Steelers = 2

Packers = 2

Pretty sure the Packers are in their League.