PDA

View Full Version : Eagles release Jason Babin

denverYooper
11-27-2012, 02:21 PM
https://twitter.com/adbrandt/status/273517903331078144

Eagles release Jason Babin. Will owe remaining balance of $5.6M salary, $1.64M, if he is not claimed on waivers.

So much for the dynasty. They're starting to blow it up in Philly.

woodbuck27
11-27-2012, 03:29 PM
With what I saw last night Panthers at Eagles I'm surprized that more Eagle players weren't released. I felt 'just bad' for HC Andy Reid. That ahhhhhheeem .... team... appears absolutely cooked.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jasonbabin/2505900/profile

red
11-27-2012, 04:02 PM
damnit, why can't someone just decide to cut a decent middle of the road starting caliber OT or OG?

kind of an out of the blue move

eagles have started to clean house. too bad they don't have the stones to release "coach killer" vick. the problem there begins with him

Patler
11-27-2012, 04:28 PM
I wonder if Jenkins will be far behind? He and Reid got in a shouting match on the sidelines a few weeks ago. He has just two sacks, I think.

denverYooper
11-27-2012, 04:36 PM
I wonder if Jenkins will be far behind? He and Reid got in a shouting match on the sidelines a few weeks ago. He has just two sacks, I think.

Good question, though the word is that Babin is just too one dimensional.

KYPack
11-27-2012, 10:27 PM
The wide 9 just got a little narrower.

There will be a whole herd leaving Philly this off-season.

denverYooper
11-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm hearing rumors that the Bears are interested.

woodbuck27
11-28-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm hearing rumors that the Bears are interested.

The word on him at NFL Access is that he took alot of time off during games this season but possibly the whole Eagle team has gotten there after what I saw on this past MNF game. That was a pathetic performance by a so called PRO team.

Fire the team or fire the HC.

Andy Reid will have no problem being a HC again ! If I was the Philly owner. I'd have strong reservations on firing a HC with the work ethic of an Andy Reid.

denverYooper
11-28-2012, 11:03 AM
We should kick the tires on Andy Reid. Might make a good OC in GB.

Pugger
11-28-2012, 11:05 AM

Can he coach the O line? :wink:

pittstang5
11-28-2012, 11:24 AM

Probably would, but I really think he'll be a head coach elsewhere next year. Rumors in Philly have him being the Head coach in San Diego.

Upnorth
11-28-2012, 02:37 PM

Can he play oline????

Cheesehead Craig
11-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Can he play oline????

Arms are too short and he has poor pad level.

red
11-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Can he play oline????

probably. look how big he is next to everyone else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4gNFL2upZE

woodbuck27
11-28-2012, 08:19 PM

Any current or future OL Coach needs TT on the same page; need players to work with that don't for the most part fall under the category of mediocrity.

woodbuck27
11-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Can he play oline????

FLASH !

NO ! We need him to be our HC. Ohh .... Happy Days.

RashanGary
11-28-2012, 09:31 PM
If they let Jenkins go, he'd be a nice piece for a couple mil. . . . Daniels and Worthy are still a little raw. We have a chance to make a run this year. I'd take him back, for sure. Just not at that price.

KYPack
11-28-2012, 09:45 PM
If they let Jenkins go, he'd be a nice piece for a couple mil. . . . Daniels and Worthy are still a little raw. We have a chance to make a run this year. I'd take him back, for sure. Just not at that price.

Jenkins would have to be passed by 31 teams before we could negotiate with him.

From what little I've seen of Philly, there ain't much left of Cullen.

pbmax
11-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Jenkins would have to be passed by 31 teams before we could negotiate with him.

From what little I've seen of Philly, there ain't much left of Cullen.

Even I would be willing to consider it, regardless of the grief Bretsky would send my way. Worthy got abused in the Giants game. He's got some learning to do.

Bretsky
11-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Even I would be willing to consider it, regardless of the grief Bretsky would send my way. Worthy got abused in the Giants game. He's got some learning to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

OS PA
11-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Raiders to release Rolando McClain. Anybody?

woodbuck27
11-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Raiders to release Rolando McClain. Anybody?

That would be an easy.....'Ahhhh no'.

KYPack
11-29-2012, 07:10 AM
You bastards made me look again...

Jenkins has a feal funky contract.

He got a big (5 mil) signing bonus in the off season to stay with Philly. For that, he agreed to play in '12 at that figure some of the Rats just love, the vet minimum. The Eagles then signed him to a 3 mil or so signing bonus due this March. This season, he's been hurt, mouthing off to Reid and had very limited production. If the Eagles cut him, the salary consideration for this season is next to nothing. If he becomes a vet FA, his agent will push the signing teams to follow up with the March bonus. It would be interesting to see him on the market.

pbmax
11-29-2012, 09:26 AM
I think the term stop gap applies here. Or better than nothing. :lol:

pbmax
11-29-2012, 09:27 AM
You bastards made me look again...

Jenkins has a feal funky contract.

He got a big (5 mil) signing bonus in the off season to stay with Philly. For that, he agreed to play in '12 at that figure some of the Rats just love, the vet minimum. The Eagles then signed him to a 3 mil or so signing bonus due this March. This season, he's been hurt, mouthing off to Reid and had very limited production. If the Eagles cut him, the salary consideration for this season is next to nothing. If he becomes a vet FA, his agent will push the signing teams to follow up with the March bonus. It would be interesting to see him on the market.

Depending on who slides to DE, Babin leaving might mean more PT for Jenkins.

Pugger
11-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Sorry, wrong thread...

denverYooper
11-29-2012, 10:35 AM

Worthy has hit the wall.

Fritz
11-30-2012, 08:02 AM
If Cullen Jenkins is released, I don't think he'd make it to Green Bay. One of those middling 5-6 or 6-5 teams would give him a try.

But now that we're throwing his name around, can mention of Chad Clifton be far behind?

And I agree with Red, why aren't the Eagles releasing a serviceable left tackle, damnit?

denverYooper
11-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Clifton was a disaster in the playoffs last year. Starting him was a terrible decision by the coaching staff.

Fritz
11-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, Worthy has hit the wall. That, and his weight loss, suggest to me that he will be kinda useless for the rest of t he season.

Daniels, anyone?

And how's ol' Lawrence "Justa" Guy doing in Indy?