PDA

View Full Version : Sherrod Season Over According to Twitter

pbmax
11-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Its on the NFL transaction wire a well, so I think its legit.

Kiwon
11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Translation, please.

He is saying that his season is over due to injury?

Brando19
11-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Wow...can we EVER get healthy on the O Line??

pbmax
11-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Translation, please.

He is saying that his season is over due to injury?

Punctuation fail. Should be "Sherrod Season Over, According to Twitter".

NFL transaction wire has Sherrod being moved back to reserve/PUP which means he is done for the year.

Bretsky
11-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Punctuation fail. Should be "Sherrod Season Over, According to Twitter".

NFL transaction wire has Sherrod being moved back to reserve/PUP which means he is done for the year.

SHERRY

red
11-27-2012, 10:40 PM
so, a broken bone in his leg is going to take well over a year to heal?

WTF is up with that? did he have multiple bones sticking out through the skin? was it a massive compound fracture?

this is something where other nfl players with broken legs miss a month or two.

that the fuck are the trainers doing? get the injured fucking guys back out there. every players whos been injured this year has taken longer then usual to get back

KYPack
11-27-2012, 10:46 PM
so, a broken bone in his leg is going to take well over a year to heal?

WTF is up with that? did he have multiple bones sticking out through the skin? was it a massive compound fracture?

this is something where other nfl players with broken legs miss a month or two.

that the fuck are the trainers doing? get the injured fucking guys back out there. every players whos been injured this year has taken longer then usual to get back

He broke both the tibia and the fibula. That takes a long time to heal up, uncle Red.

Freak Out
11-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Yep....he may not play again. I think that was stated from the get go after the injury.

swede
11-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Our recent history with the double leg fracture was Mike Flanagan, the center from the late 90's. He took over two years to get well and return from a rookie leg-breaking, and then he played very well for three or four years.

Edit: Here is a good article about Flanagan. http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/126735923.html

pbmax
11-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Our recent history with the double leg fracture was Mike Flanagan, the center from the late 90's. He took over two years to get well and return from a rookie leg-breaking, and then he played very well for three or four years.

Edit: Here is a good article about Flanagan. http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/126735923.html

Flanagan also had complications after surgery and my impression is that they were more severe than Sherrod's, however, we don't exactly know what happened to him. But Flanagan's complications keep him from practicing that second year.

pbmax
11-28-2012, 07:42 AM

Yep. Six surgeries plus enough nerve and muscle damage to land him on IR in his second year after the injury. Sherrod isn't done yet.

pittstang5
11-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Yep. Six surgeries plus enough nerve and muscle damage to land him on IR in his second year after the injury. Sherrod isn't done yet.

Not too surprised here. When he couldn't come back for TC and doing a little more research about the injury itself, I thought it would be a miracle to come back this year. Always had that sliver of hope and maybe some desperation after Bulaga went down, but i guess it will be official.

I really think the Packers need to do something with the o-line - Lang needs to go back to LG, so they need a RT. Here's a crazy suggestion - I know they have two Undrafted Rookies - Barclay and Van Roten on the roster, but what about Datko who's on the PS. Wasn't he considered a high draft pick, but didn't play most of his senior year because of a shoulder issue, that I believe is fixed. Grabbing at straws here and just want the o-line problem to be better.

pbmax
11-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Not too surprised here. When he couldn't come back for TC and doing a little more research about the injury itself, I thought it would be a miracle to come back this year. Always had that sliver of hope and maybe some desperation after Bulaga went down, but i guess it will be official.

I really think the Packers need to do something with the o-line - Lang needs to go back to LG, so they need a RT. Here's a crazy suggestion - I know they have two Undrafted Rookies - Barclay and Van Roten on the roster, but what about Datko who's on the PS. Wasn't he considered a high draft pick, but didn't play most of his senior year because of a shoulder issue, that I believe is fixed. Grabbing at straws here and just want the o-line problem to be better.

Datko was viewed as more of a LT I thought. Did he spend time on the Right in camp as he got healthier/farther from injury?

woodbuck27
11-28-2012, 08:48 AM
He broke both the tibia and the fibula. That takes a long time to heal up, uncle Red.

That happened to me and I was just past 40 yr's of age when it did. It took me a good year to feel back to normal again and I worked hard to get there.

Pugger
11-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Flanagan also had complications after surgery and my impression is that they were more severe than Sherrod's, however, we don't exactly know what happened to him. But Flanagan's complications keep him from practicing that second year.

Didn't he have nerve issues and multiple surgeries where Sherrod only had one surgery and no nerve damage?

pittstang5
11-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Datko was viewed as more of a LT I thought. Did he spend time on the Right in camp as he got healthier/farther from injury?

Don't remember - I thought he played a little RT in one or two of the Preseason games.

Guiness
11-28-2012, 11:42 AM
I totally forgot about Datko. Still hanging around on the PS, is he? Interesting Barclay got promoted before him, we haven't heard anything since camp. Has he stayed healthy?

Patler
11-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I totally forgot about Datko. Still hanging around on the PS, is he? Interesting Barclay got promoted before him, we haven't heard anything since camp. Has he stayed healthy?

Barclay made the initial 53 man roster directly out of T.C. Datko had some issues with his shoulder and strength from the layoff after surgery, but seemed to be coming on a little at the end of camp, after being moved to mostly LT, as I recall. Practice Squad seemed to be the right place for Datko this season, to get his body right.

On the positive side, they kept Datko when they had their mini-purge of the practice squad roster a few weeks ago. A number of O-linemen have come and gone during the year, but they have held on to Datko, for whatever that means.

Guiness
11-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Barclay made the initial 53 man roster directly out of T.C. Datko had some issues with his shoulder and strength from the layoff after surgery, but seemed to be coming on a little at the end of camp, after being moved to mostly LT, as I recall. Practice Squad seemed to be the right place for Datko this season, to get his body right.

On the positive side, they kept Datko when they had their mini-purge of the practice squad roster a few weeks ago. A number of O-linemen have come and gone during the year, but they have held on to Datko, for whatever that means.

I wonder how fine a distinction it is for a decision like that - Barclay makes the 53, but is game day inactive, Datko to the PS. From the perspective of what they do every day, not much difference. Of course, money wise it's a pretty big change. Why one and not the other? Was Barclay, the UDFA, more likely to be picked up off our PS than Datko, who was drafted?

Patler
11-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I wonder how fine a distinction it is for a decision like that - Barclay makes the 53, but is game day inactive, Datko to the PS. From the perspective of what they do every day, not much difference. Of course, money wise it's a pretty big change. Why one and not the other? Was Barclay, the UDFA, more likely to be picked up off our PS than Datko, who was drafted?

Actually, Barclay has not been a game day inactive. They had only seven O-linemeninitially, and dressed all of them for games. That to me says they have at least some confidence in Barclay's ability to come in and play, because it is not at all a remote possibility that two could go down for at least a while during any game. I think it happened last year. I'm not sure Datko was ready for that at least early in the season.

Joemailman
11-28-2012, 06:03 PM

My recollection is that is that they started him out at RT, and he really struggled learning the different footwork. I think he looked better at LT.

rbaloha1
11-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Unfortunate. Expect to be the starter next season at lt and have an outstanding career for the Pack.

Boy do I miss Cliffy.

KYPack
11-28-2012, 09:08 PM

I thought we might lose Datko. Seattle winds up with a lot of our ex olineman (they have Barbre & Giacomini) & a lot of NFL personnel guys hawk our PS.

The comments are correct, the kid is a few years from getting right and strong.

I have no clue what we'll do.

Putting a kid as green as Barclay ain't much of an answer, but we have to do something.

Adjusting pad level is the usual solution.