PDA

View Full Version : I think i might stay here...

ND72
04-12-2006, 04:27 PM
so yesterday, i posted on the jsonline message board a little "talk" i got from my buddy that works with a scout in green bay. i said from the start, don't take it as the gospel, don't even have to believe it. it was just a little draft talk i wanted to share. AND WOW...so i might hang out here, and get blasted by more people i know a little better through posting's. if anyone though wants to know the little chat i had with my buddy i'll be more than happy to share it with you if you didn't see it on the jsonline message board. :sad:

Fosco33
04-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I read those responses... pretty crazy if you ask me. I thought the info was interesting and the folks responding were pretty rough. Glad to have you here.

HarveyWallbangers
04-12-2006, 04:40 PM
What's the information?

ND72
04-12-2006, 04:53 PM
well hey harvey! haven't talked in a long time.....the info was...

expect only defense in the first round. the top 5 they have are mario, aj, huff, ngata, and jimmy williams, those are the 5 they are expecting for them to draft at #5. even if lavarr is signed, don't be surprised if AJ is still a pick of ours. here is the weird one, vernon davis isn't their top rated TE, but is rated as one of their top 10 players, and is a #3 value pick of theirs at #5...i don't know what all that means though...there is a good possibility of trading down, and if Young/Leinart are there, it increaces the chances more of a trade.

i think that's about it.

Guiness
04-12-2006, 05:06 PM
so yesterday, i posted on the jsonline message board a little "talk" i got from my buddy that works with a scout in green bay. i said from the start, don't take it as the gospel, don't even have to believe it. it was just a little draft talk i wanted to share. AND WOW...so i might hang out here, and get blasted by more people i know a little better through posting's. if anyone though wants to know the little chat i had with my buddy i'll be more than happy to share it with you if you didn't see it on the jsonline message board. :sad:

Ah shutup you chowderhead! What do you know anyways? You're making this all up, and you 'buddy' probably mops floors at the local Denny's - he go his information from the patrons :evil:

jk of course - do you feel at home now? :cool:

Ya, I read the thread too. It got ugly fast.

motife
04-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi ND,

Could you post them here also?

I read them and they were FASCINATING! Rocked my world.

Thanks....

billy_oliver880
04-12-2006, 05:48 PM
That was some very good info that you posted. Sounds fairly reasonable to me. I can't beleive you got torched so bad over there. I can't beleive the number of people who have completly wrote off Brett Favre and are preparing for Aaron Rodgers.

Partial
04-12-2006, 06:01 PM
If he is the 3rd best value at number 5, assuming the first four picks are all based on value, that means that he is the 7th highest rated player in their eyes. Being the 2nd rated tight end means there is another tight end rated higher. Weird.

CyclonePackFan
04-12-2006, 06:05 PM
If he is the 3rd best value at number 5, assuming the first four picks are all based on value, that means that he is the 7th highest rated player in their eyes. Being the 2nd rated tight end means there is another tight end rated higher. Weird.

Possible they're rating him as a WR rather than a TE?

Just a thought....

HarveyWallbangers
04-12-2006, 06:08 PM
That makes no sense. That has to be wrong. There's not another TE with that type of value. Most of the information you posted was intriguing, but I have to believe this little tidbit is way off-base.

woodbuck27
04-12-2006, 06:23 PM
That makes no sense. That has to be wrong. There's not another TE with that type of value. Most of the information you posted was intriguing, but I have to believe this little tidbit is way off-base.

Yes the thing that tossed the credibility of the post was the deal on Vernon Davis but ND72 said he didn't know what to make of it all or even understand the jargon ie 3rd rated at #5 or that Davis was valued as third best if the Packers picked at #5.

ND72.That was brutal, what some of those fellas tossed at you last night, and congrat's. on standing in there. To come out and flat out call you ' a lier ' was too heavy handed . Uncalled for cruelty. You deserve credit for staying cool.

It can be rough over there at times, not the same here ND72. I will say.Don't allow that experience last night to harm you. You belong as much as the rest there.

jack's smirking revenge
04-12-2006, 07:40 PM
ND72, I haven't read the JSO post (and limit my time there because of the presence of hackers), but from what people have said about the treatment, it doesn't surprise me. I think everyone here respects everyone else's opinions, regardless of the validity or reality. Posters at JSO are just too freakin' atagonistic and are looking for a fight.

I think the bottom line here is that nobody really knows what the heck the Packers are going to do, so torching someone for having an opinion is just plain dumb. If you got your info from a Packer source, then cool, but that doesn't mean the Packers are going to go that route. Heck, draft day chaos dictates what the Packers will do. Maybe they have a map of where they want to go on draft day, but there's no way they'd leak that. Your speculation, or the speculation of a Packer scout, is as good as any armchair GM on any chat board. Nobody knows what will go down on draft day.

All that aside, welcome to Packer Rats. Great to have you here.

tyler

MadtownPacker
04-12-2006, 07:52 PM
ND72 - Welcome, our casa es tu casa.

I read that on JSO. I honestly love rumors even if it's just wild speculation.

PackerRats is looking for some inside dish stuff for the homepage rumors section that is coming soon. Would you be interested in contributing on a regular basis? If you can get stuff weekly would be excellent.

jack's smirking revenge
04-12-2006, 07:56 PM
ND72 - Welcome, our casa es tu casa.

I read that on JSO. I honestly love rumors even if it's just wild speculation.

PackerRats is looking for some inside dish stuff for the homepage rumors section that is coming soon. Would you be interested in contributing on a regular basis? If you can get stuff weekly would be excellent.

Agreed. Your speculation and rumors are definitely welcome here. Starts good conversation among *mature* fans. Please consider Mad's offer. We are looking for people to generate content for the PR site.

tyler

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 08:01 PM

I SAW THAT ND, and to be quite honest I almost copied and pasted it in here and also wondered why you didn't post it in here. We like juice like that. That stuff is the stuff that belongs in this group of posters.

I found it outstanding, but I only post in JS when somebody really ticks me off when I lurk at times, and the only one who seems to have that effect on me in here is Blondie.

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 08:04 PM

ND explained this on JS that Davis was not the #2 rated TE; he was first. Not sure how, but he was the top rated TE. What I found intriguing is that Davis was the Packers #3 options at pick #5, which is absolutely where he should be.

1. Hawk
2. Williams
3. Davis

ND72
04-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey guys...thanks for the vote of confidence here. I agree with the one post on here earlier, non of us know what is going on, and i'm sure right now, neither does any one sitting in Lambeau. In NFL hours, it is seriously just too far away to honestly know what anyone is doing. espeically with people still working people out, the Jets could still make that trade up to #2, and so on. Here's my question that i asked on that page and no body responded to. I hear the Texans bringing in guys, i hear the Titans bringing in guys...where are the packers? are they bringing in any of hte rookies into Lambeau?

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey guys...thanks for the vote of confidence here. I agree with the one post on here earlier, non of us know what is going on, and i'm sure right now, neither does any one sitting in Lambeau. In NFL hours, it is seriously just too far away to honestly know what anyone is doing. espeically with people still working people out, the Jets could still make that trade up to #2, and so on. Here's my question that i asked on that page and no body responded to. I hear the Texans bringing in guys, i hear the Titans bringing in guys...where are the packers? are they bringing in any of hte rookies into Lambeau?

I haven't heard GB bring a single rookie into Green Bay as of yet. Why amazes me. I've heard TT and others attending all the workouts; maybe they are interviewing players there. But no rumors or reports of a rookie stepping foot in GB yet.

I don't see why we would not bring in AJ Hawk, Vernon Davis, Mario Williams, Huff, or others we are considering. TT must be too busy with free agency :roll:

Packers4Ever
04-12-2006, 09:02 PM

I read your post yesterday, ND, and I found it very interesting but like someone said, some of the responders were a little rough. I started reading the message board at jsonline back in November, never did join up, I'd just decide to do it and then all hell would break loose over there. (especially with Da Bears) Visited C-E a few times, tried [/u]4 times to register and after I'd finish, I'd get a message saying my user name or password were invalid, please try again. But that's ok, then I found this board and it is neat !! Feel more at home here.

So ND, haven't seen much, if any, blasting over here, and the only time I get really upset is when someone starts going after Brett !! :D Thanks for the swell board, guys, nice to meet you all![/u]

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 09:03 PM

This is a pretty tight group in here ND and you fit in well with the knowledge and stuff you come up with. Next time post the rumors first in here plz and you'll get some good responses.

There is another poster, I think Atown, who also posts rumors that are shot down over there.

Even if not completely true, we like debating them anyways.

Cheers,
B

ND72
04-12-2006, 09:04 PM
yeah agreed...i don't go after brett...i love the man...i mean i was a sophomore in high school when we won the superbowl so he's my hero...BUT, i do see some positives for the team to move on now...but i definately won't complain if he comes back.

ND72
04-12-2006, 09:06 PM

and that was all i went for with posting this...just some good conversation, debate over it...not all of us have brains power on i guess.

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 09:08 PM

I read your post yesterday, ND, and I found it very interesting but like someone said, some of the responders were a little rough. I started reading the message board at jsonline back in November, never did join up, I'd just decide to do it and then all hell would break loose over there. (especially with Da Bears) Visited C-E a few times, tried [/u]4 times to register and after I'd finish, I'd get a message saying my user name or password were invalid, please try again. But that's ok, then I found this board and it is neat !! Feel more at home here.

So ND, haven't seen much, if any, blasting over here, and the only time I get really upset is when someone starts going after Brett !! :D Thanks for the swell board, guys, nice to meet you all![/u]

Nice to meet you too Pack4ever and welcome.

Truth be told, one of the founders of this board named Madtownpackerbacker, use to be a bit of a madaholic at times in a fomrmer board but after going through anger management courses with the of the chick babes in here, acupuncture, aromatherapy, and shock treatment he has turned into a nice guy and is often seen running across fields yelling "Serenity Now Serenity Now" .

And now we thrive in peace.

Cheers,
B

Packers4Ever
04-12-2006, 09:33 PM

A little bit OT but can I just say one more thing?
Curious to see what the rest of you think. It seems like TT has been getting nailed for months now - actually I think it really escalated after regular season was over and Sherman got fired. But anyway, there's been volumes written about him for 3 1/2 months now, most of it very negative. But lately I've noticed the tide seems to be turning, more commentary on giving the guy a chance, only been here a year, he knows what he's doing with FA, and on and on - with fewer negative comments at the same time.
Have you noticed ???

ND72
04-12-2006, 09:36 PM
absolutely. I've said since Sherman's firing, #1, i wasn't happy cause i think sherman could have turned things around, BUT, that isn't my choice, so i live with it. #2, How does anyone know that his plan isn't, or won't work? I personally like what he's done via FA. I would like him to maybe get a statement player like a LaVarr, but if he doesn't, well, go get someone else who could potentially be very good.

quick questions...why cna' ti get a picture to work, the avatar or whatever? i seriously cant' get any picture to work for me.

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
What else do we have to do?

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 09:58 PM
absolutely. I've said since Sherman's firing, #1, i wasn't happy cause i think sherman could have turned things around, BUT, that isn't my choice, so i live with it. #2, How does anyone know that his plan isn't, or won't work? I personally like what he's done via FA. I would like him to maybe get a statement player like a LaVarr, but if he doesn't, well, go get someone else who could potentially be very good.

quick questions...why cna' ti get a picture to work, the avatar or whatever? i seriously cant' get any picture to work for me.

I'm a PC dummy, but if you want to email me the url, I'll get it to the pc expert who can help ya out. Or maybe somebody here can help. I think Nutz knows how to do the avatar.

ND72
04-12-2006, 10:00 PM
really ticks a guy off when he knows the computer stuff and yet the computer says NO SOUP FOR YOU.

GrnBay007
04-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I like reading the rumors. It's fun to see if any of it really pans out. I've always thought JSO has an unusually large amount of very negative posters.

BTW, welcome ND and Packer4ever!

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Find the picture you want for your avator, save it, then crop it down to 100 pixels by 100 pixels and then come back to your profile, and hit browse it will take you to your saved pictures on your pc and then click on your avator picture, it should upload.

If that doesn't work, ask Harlan.

I am pretty suprised at everyone's demeanor on the forum. Very few people are ragging on one another. People are being a little bit respectful.

ND72
04-12-2006, 11:03 PM
well i did all of that, now the picture won't show up....so i'll try again tomorrow...I LOVE TECHNOLOGY....

CyclonePackFan
04-12-2006, 11:15 PM
well i did all of that, now the picture won't show up....so i'll try again tomorrow...I LOVE TECHNOLOGY....

ND -

I ran into the exact same problem...neither the avatar I've used since I started posting nor the new avatar I was using (that worked before the shakeup...whatever you call it when the site was down) is showing up. I just chalked it up to God being pissed at me and got too busy to inquire to the forum powers that be.

GrnBay007
04-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Let Harlan know what you want and he will hook you up. He's kind of the official avatar guy here.

GBRulz
04-13-2006, 09:05 AM
I like reading the inside gossip, too !!

I do lurk at JSO once in a while and I cannot believe how negative and juvenille that site has become. Makes me appreciate this site even more!

pacfan
04-13-2006, 09:30 AM
I am pretty suprised at everyone's demeanor on the forum. Very few people are ragging on one another. People are being a little bit respectful.

well, I think you talk funny. :D

ND: you were treated badly. Its not hard to see why all the nicer folks are hanging out over here. JSonline used to be a cool place to find out info, but not anymore. You even told them, take or leave it and that it all could change, geez.

Chubbyhubby
04-13-2006, 09:31 AM

ND- I agree with the posters here. We are civil here, unlike JSO forums, They can be nasty. I don't post that much in here but I read alot in here and have to say people in here treat others with respect. That is cool that you have some inside information. I have read that TT was at several QB tryouts especially Vince Young's and told the media that his arm in comparables(sp) to Favre's. Look for TT to get Avar or Charles here.

Guiness
04-13-2006, 11:01 AM
ND & Cyclone - what happened when you tried to upload your avatar? Get any error message?

The max size is 80pixels wide by 90 pixels high, 20kb max size. The board will not allow you to upload anything larger. If you're still having trouble, drop by this thread http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=130

Guiness
04-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm also a bit confused by the statement on Vernon Davis, i.e. #3 value at pick 5, but not the top rated TE.

The only thing I can figure is that they see another player as a better TE, but Davis has more overall value because he can play WR. Nothing else really computes.

However, I don't think this will become an issue. If Mario and AJ are gone at #5, that means Leinhart or Brick are left on the board. Then they'd be able to trade out of the spot easily.

ND72
04-13-2006, 01:08 PM
yeah i sent my picture to Harlan and the one he sent back didn't work either. i'll probably contact him again next week or just figure something out myself..i donno

and yeah, agreed about if Mario and AJ are gone, we trade cause at least 1, probably 2 "big boys" are still there.

jack's smirking revenge
04-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Welcome Packer4ever! Great to have you as part of the rat family.

tyler

Sparkey
04-13-2006, 01:18 PM

tyler

Just dont ever create your own website and ask opinions on it! :lol:

jack's smirking revenge
04-13-2006, 01:22 PM

tyler

Ouch! I guess I deserved that one. A thousand apologies, my friend. Your post struck me the wrong way on the wrong day.

Hey, you're more than welcome to be a content provider for this site too. I know you have your own and are promoting it, but it'd be a decent way for you to cross-market. Let me know.

tyler

Sparkey
04-13-2006, 01:26 PM

tyler

Ouch! I guess I deserved that one. A thousand apologies, my friend. Your post struck me the wrong way on the wrong day.

Hey, you're more than welcome to be a content provider for this site too. I know you have your own and are promoting it, but it'd be a decent way for you to cross-market. Let me know.

tyler

I could add a direct link to this forum on my site. If interested provide me with a graphic to use for the link.

It will go on the left hand side of my site.

jack's smirking revenge
04-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I think we're all cool with the possibilities of that. I think we'll jump at any marketing we can get. It may be a little while til we have that part of it figured out, but thanks for the offer. So, does that mean you're intersted in writing some articles for Packer Rats once we're up? We're developing a content staff now, so let me know. PM me if you are.

tyler

Packers4Ever
04-13-2006, 02:23 PM

tyler

HAHAHA don't worry, no chance of that, Jack/Tyler, I'm not that talented. Welcome to you too, Sparkey! :smile:

tyler

BooHoo
04-14-2006, 09:29 PM
ND72, welcome and keep posting. It is good reading rumors. Just about any pack talk is pleasureable.

AtownPackFan
04-14-2006, 09:52 PM
This is a pretty tight group in here ND and you fit in well with the knowledge and stuff you come up with. Next time post the rumors first in here plz and you'll get some good responses.

There is another poster, I think Atown, who also posts rumors that are shot down over there.

Cheers,
B

Yeah Bretsky it was me that posted info that people seem to not be able to grasp. I think to many people are of a mindset that no one has any access to any NFL players.

I talk to Walkers PR company almost everyday getting ready for the US Open Diving Championships that start Monday. Live video feed will play at www.starz-events.com (Shameless Plug!). In fact today I had to cancel my afternoon with Walker because I am scheduled to take some divers to a meet in Georgia Memorial Day Weekend which is when Walker is coming to Indy. My contact is trying to schedule a phone call or later meeting since I will be gone. Said she might just "misplace" her phone next time I am at her office. (that would be fun!)

In case anyone is wondering, Walker is still standing firm that he will retire rather then play another down in Green Bay. I just don't post stuff like that anymore after the last time. That and I have been unable to get back on here until tonight since the site crash.

I will admit ND you friend of a friend lead in was a bit hard to swallow, but based on what I have seen from Teddy, it is not crazy to think it would be accurate info.

Bretsky
04-14-2006, 10:38 PM

Cheers,
B

Yeah Bretsky it was me that posted info that people seem to not be able to grasp. I think to many people are of a mindset that no one has any access to any NFL players.

I talk to Walkers PR company almost everyday getting ready for the US Open Diving Championships that start Monday. Live video feed will play at www.starz-events.com (Shameless Plug!). In fact today I had to cancel my afternoon with Walker because I am scheduled to take some divers to a meet in Georgia Memorial Day Weekend which is when Walker is coming to Indy. My contact is trying to schedule a phone call or later meeting since I will be gone. Said she might just "misplace" her phone next time I am at her office. (that would be fun!)

In case anyone is wondering, Walker is still standing firm that he will retire rather then play another down in Green Bay. I just don't post stuff like that anymore after the last time. That and I have been unable to get back on here until tonight since the site crash.

I will admit ND you friend of a friend lead in was a bit hard to swallow, but based on what I have seen from Teddy, it is not crazy to think it would be accurate info.

ATOWN,

REMEMBER THE "OTHER SITE" WAS THE ONE THAT BLASTED YOU.

WE LOVE RUMORS IN HERE SO KEEP THEM UP.

I'm truly blown away at Javon Walker's attitude. Frankly I'd let him retire and keep sitting til he decides to play.

AtownPackFan
04-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Bretsky,

I remember what site it was! :?

I just got my password to work on this one again, couldn't get back on since the site went down the other day (week even?).

I will be seeing JWs PR company reps much of next week. I will see what I can come up with.....maybe I can snag the VPs cell phone and simply get JWs cell number and give him a call. That would be kind of fun!