PDA

View Full Version : Jerron McMillian, setting the tone.

denverYooper
11-29-2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/11/29/12/McMillian-fined-21K-says-NFL-has-hit-out/landing_packers.html?blockID=827927&feedID=5059

"I guess it's for the well-being of whoever was down, because I guess he was crying and whatnot," McMillian told FOXSportsWisconsin.com on Thursday. "I guess something was wrong with him, but it was a clean hit. I think they more so threw the flag because of his reaction instead of the actual contact."

"They (the coaches) said, 'I don't know what else to tell you. I don't want to change anything different about what you did,'" McMillian said. "'You lowered your target, you led with your shoulder, it wasn't helmet to helmet.'

Freak Out
11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
He makes Al Harris seem bald.

Fritz
11-30-2012, 07:51 AM
http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/11/29/12/McMillian-fined-21K-says-NFL-has-hit-out/landing_packers.html?blockID=827927&feedID=5059

"I guess it's for the well-being of whoever was down, because I guess he was crying and whatnot," McMillian told FOXSportsWisconsin.com on Thursday. "I guess something was wrong with him, but it was a clean hit. I think they more so threw the flag because of his reaction instead of the actual contact."

"They (the coaches) said, 'I don't know what else to tell you. I don't want to change anything different about what you did,'" McMillian said. "'You lowered your target, you led with your shoulder, it wasn't helmet to helmet.'

I hope this was not the case. God forbid the NFL turn into soccer, where those buttholes take fantastical, dramatic falls every time an opponent gets within five feet of them. That kind of crap sours my stomach.

Patler
11-30-2012, 08:27 AM
I hope this was not the case. God forbid the NFL turn into soccer, where those buttholes take fantastical, dramatic falls every time an opponent gets within five feet of them. That kind of crap sours my stomach.

Agreed, limit that type of performance to punters only!

Fritz
11-30-2012, 08:36 AM
With the proliferation of coaches in the game today, I am surprised the Packers have not hired a drama coach for Masthay. He's a little weak in that area.

denverYooper
11-30-2012, 08:40 AM
With the proliferation of coaches in the game today, I am surprised the Packers have not hired a drama coach for Masthay. He's a little weak in that area.

In the meantime, Finley could just give him some pointers.

Cheesehead Craig
11-30-2012, 08:51 AM

Fire Slocum!

MadScientist
11-30-2012, 12:22 PM

It wasn't soccer bad, because the guy had the wind knocked out of him. The soccer drama queens should be forced to be tackled by McMillian every time they pull those stunts.

It was a clean hit and not long after the ball got there. It should not have been flagged or fined.

sharpe1027
11-30-2012, 12:34 PM
I have a hard time with this rule. It seems like often the hit is illegal if the WR drops the ball before getting hit, but OK if the WR keeps the ball until the hit. This is despite there not being enough time for the defender to possibly know whether the WR is going to hang onto the ball or not before making the hit.

denverYooper
11-30-2012, 01:17 PM
As frustrating as that game was by that point, it was kind of cathartic to see McMillan just blast the guy.

woodbuck27
11-30-2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/martellus_bennett_dismisses_je.html

Martellus Bennett dismisses Jerron McMillian's claim that he cried on helmet-to-helmet hit

I'm trying to see video of that hit.

** Anyone ...can you find that? LINK?

"I'm not the police," Bennett said today. "You run the red light, the police pull you over. Martellus doesn’t pull you over. I didn’t fine him. He cant get mad at me. I'd be mad, too, if I played the game for free." Martellus Bennett

*** Jerron McMillian's $21 K fine. Steep for a rookie. I hope he has a successful appeal.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Its not complicated. It was helmet to helmet. You want to drill a WR that might or might not catch the ball? Lower the target and keep your head up. Don't be Chuck Cecil.

mraynrand
12-01-2012, 11:18 AM

Did someone mention my name?

http://www.deseretnews.com/images/top/main/8592/8592.jpg

mraynrand
12-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Its not complicated. It was helmet to helmet. You want to drill a WR that might or might not catch the ball? Lower the target and keep your head up. Don't be Chuck Cecil.

Really? It was a Chuck Cecil kinda hit? I left for work by that time of the game. I guess I should check the tape.

woodbuck27
12-01-2012, 12:57 PM

pbmax....I saw the game so recall the hit. I simply desire to see that hit again if it's available as a video clip.

pbmax
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Really? It was a Chuck Cecil kinda hit? I left for work by that time of the game. I guess I should check the tape.

Not exactly, he wasn't in full missile mode. But he was right around the shoulder/chest area, head down and arms not up. He wanted to deliver a shot as I am sure he has been asked to do. His problem was that as a reaction to the (impending) contact, Bennett's head dipped down and he got a good shot helmet to helmet. Not crushing, but solid.

It looks run of the mill at full speed from the sideline camera and you don't fully see helmet to helmet until you slow it down or take a look from another angle. But the flag and penalty were predictable once they showed it.

If you are going to hit a receiver who does not have possession of the ball, you have to change the target and drill him in the abdomen or nads. Or, as a former offensive line coach of mine used to say: "Block him in the pecker! He's not going anywhere without his pecker!"