PDA

View Full Version : Guy, Datko, Other Bottom Dwellers

Fritz
11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
With the usual flurry of Packer injuries, the usual increased optimism about players no longer with the Pack, and with the optimism of players at the bottom of the roster somewho miraculously being better than the players above them, I offer the following:

Lawrence Guy has played in four games for Indy and has two tackles and an assisted tackle. With Jerel Worthless having lost weight and hit a wall, and with Wilson out now against Adrian Peterson, would it have made sense for the Pack to have tried to keep Guy? Or is it just as useful to sign a different guy off the street if the Pack needs to expand its defensive line rotation so Raji can get some plays off that are not taken when he's on the field?

Can Andrew Datko be Mark Tauscher 2.0, so Newhouse can move to RT where he will do less harm, and so Lang can go back to guard?

I know, I know. This is all like hoping Samdon Gado was the next Ahman Green.

The point is, does anyone see any bottom-dwellers that could give this team a magical boost in a key area?

Pugger
11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
With the usual flurry of Packer injuries, the usual increased optimism about players no longer with the Pack, and with the optimism of players at the bottom of the roster somewho miraculously being better than the players above them, I offer the following:

Lawrence Guy has played in four games for Indy and has two tackles and an assisted tackle. With Jerel Worthless having lost weight and hit a wall, and with Wilson out now against Adrian Peterson, would it have made sense for the Pack to have tried to keep Guy? Or is it just as useful to sign a different guy off the street if the Pack needs to expand its defensive line rotation so Raji can get some plays off that are not taken when he's on the field?

Can Andrew Datko be Mark Tauscher 2.0, so Newhouse can move to RT where he will do less harm, and so Lang can go back to guard?

The point is, does anyone see any bottom-dwellers that could give this team a magical boost in a key area?

Why would you put Datko or Barclay at LT? If we were gonna go with a kid at tackle put him at right and leave Newhouse at left. Until Lang moved to the right Newhouse had been serviceable.

Joemailman
11-30-2012, 06:25 PM

Indy signed Guy off the Packers practice squad on October 17. At the time, I don't think depth was an issue on the D-line. With the other injuries the Packers had, I'm not sure they really had room on the roster for a 7th D-Lineman.

KYPack
11-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Why would you put Datko or Barclay at LT? If we were gonna go with a kid at tackle put him at right and leave Newhouse at left. Until Lang moved to the right Newhouse had been serviceable.

Gotcha, Pug. Datko couldn't play the RT anyhow.

Play a kid like Barclay this late?

NFW, but it does seem like we gotta do something.

Pugger
12-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Gotcha, Pug. Datko couldn't play the RT anyhow.

Play a kid like Barclay this late?

NFW, but it does seem like we gotta do something.

I understand why the coaches did what they did but I don't care for moving Lang to RT and thus making TWO positions on the O line weaker. It is a damn shame we had to lose a tackle this year rather than a guard. Evidently the guys on the O line are not speaking to reporters this week. They are going into Bunker mode.