PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds - Week 13 GB vs MINN

ThunderDan
12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Packers pulled the game out of the fire and beat the Vikings by 9. The natives at PR were calling for everyone's head by halftime and sure that our season was down the drain. 120 minutes later the Packers are on top of the NFC North and looking pretty solid to make the playoffs.

Studs:
Morgan Burnett saved the Packers baccon twice in the second half with two interceptions. Once in the Packers endzone and the other deep in the Packers end. He also finished with 7 total tackles.

James Starks finished with 15 rushes for 66 yards and Green Bay's first rushing TD since October. He ran hard all day and hardly went down on first contact.

Jermichael Finley showed up again and man did he bail the Packers out today. Finley had 6 catches for 60 yards and was above average in the run game allowing both Starks and Green to get outside the tackle.

Duds:
Mason Crosby once again missed a 50+ yard field goal by a wide margin. But more worrisome was the kick out of bounds. Can the Pack trust Mason in the playoffs to win a game for them? I don't at this point.

Morgan Burnett, MD Jennings and Jerron McMillian all had poor days tackling Purple Jesus and stopping the run. Burnett gets both the Studs and Duds list because he really did save the Pack in the second half. The safeties of the Packers went to the wrong holes in the run fit numerous times and then the other safety would miss the tackle 7 yards down the field before Peterson was off to the races for 3 runs over 40 yards. Without those 3 plays the Packer D holds Minnesota to under 200 yards in total offense.

Too many penalties. The Packers had 10 penalties for 78 yards. Even if you discount the phantom hold on Lang that cost us 4 points, we really need to play cleaner.

Other:
It's hard not to put ARod on the Studs list this week after going 27 of 35 for 286 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT on a trick play. I'll let you guys argue if he should be there or not.

AJ Hawk turned in another 10 tackle game. I saw him get pushed around several times but he was around the ball the whole game.

The pass defense held Minnesota to 119 yards passing and had two INTs. Unfortunately we didn't sack Ponder the whole day and the effectiveness of the Vikings run game made the pass defense a non-factor until late when the Vikings had to throw.

Freak Out
12-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Pickett is a stud.

denverYooper
12-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Pickett is a stud.

x12. He's been an unsung hero in the D.

It's always funny though when he gets penetration and is chasing the QB because speed is, like, not really his thing, y'know?

Pugger
12-02-2012, 05:53 PM
It appears Barclay knows how to run block.

PA Pack Fan
12-02-2012, 06:33 PM
It appears Barclay knows how to run block.

+1

KYPack
12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I'd give Green a little love. Both RB's played hard.

ARod? always & Happy b-Day to boot.

I like this team, they are workin' like hell to stay afloat in the race.

Those freakin' Seahawks helped us today, maybe luck will come on our side and put us over the top.

red
12-02-2012, 07:45 PM
stud- james jones

he might have only had one catch, but that TD was freaking all him

George Cumby
12-02-2012, 07:47 PM
stud- james jones

he might have only had one catch, but that TD was freaking all him

When he came out of SJState, his highlight reel was all that rip the ball out of the defender's hand type shit. Now if he can consistently focus on the easy ones, pro-bowl, here he comes.

Brando19
12-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Remember the last time the Seahawks helped us? They beat Minnesota and we beat Arizona the last game of the year to go to the playoffs...at least that's how I remember it. But then...this year we get screwed during the Seahawks game. I can't love them for hating them. lol

HarveyWallbangers
12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I can't put Crosby on the goat list. He was 3 for 4 with a 53 yard miss at Lambeau in December. Some of the kicks were ugly, but he shouldn't be on the goat list. He made a 47 yarder and hit a crucial FG late. Yes, he kicked one ball out of bounds, but when you are asked to kick directionally, those will happen. He had a beautiful directional kick in the first half and 5 touchbacks.

pbmax
12-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Yes, Barclay seems to get pass blocking as well. He usually had a TE nearby but he did not get whipped and only one penalty I remember.

Pickett was great penetrating, but he was getting knocked back for almost the first time all season on double teams. He had little trouble with Sullivan so the LG (I think) must be some kinda bulldozer.

Love House in coverage and he seems to not be afraid to tackle. Even Tramontana did some of that. But overall horrible.

Hawk got leveled by the fullback; once I saw and a second time I infer from him being on the ground as Purple Jesus went by. But he was active everywhere else.

Newhouse again shined by not being a tire fire versus Allen.

pbmax
12-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I can't put Crosby on the goat list. He was 3 for 4 with a 53 yard miss at Lambeau in December. Some of the kicks were ugly, but he shouldn't be on the goat list. He made a 47 yarder and hit a crucial FG late. Yes, he kicked one ball out of bounds, but when you are asked to kick directionally, those will happen. He had a beautiful directional kick in the first half and 5 touchbacks.

Agree. He hasn't solved anything but he finished well. And his directional kickoffs have normally been above reproach.

mraynrand
12-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I vote for Stubby. It's clear he told his guys to man up at some point and that 18 play, two and half quarter drive was something else. This was a great win for a team that just can't seem to avoid getting hurt continuously. If it's a player you want, I vote for Barclay and Ponder - both helped us immensely.

mmmdk
12-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Stud: The win in itself. Even an ugly win is a win and beating Vikes is always nice.

Duds: The fact that we're mediocre and only 1½ year removed from SB win. Last dud, anyone that throws the injury card.

Joemailman
12-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Stud: The win in itself. Even an ugly win is a win and beating Vikes is always nice.

Duds: The fact that we're mediocre and only 1½ year removed from SB win. Last dud, anyone that throws the injury card.

Two years ago, Pack was 8-4 and heading to a SB win.

mmmdk
12-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Two years ago, Pack was 8-4 and heading to a SB win.

This seasons playoff road goes through the likes of Seattle, San Fran & NY Giants. No way!

pbmax
12-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Another vote for Finley. One drop on a dive, but 6 catches and one very tough first down.

Tony Oday
12-02-2012, 09:48 PM
This seasons playoff road goes through the likes of Seattle, San Fran & NY Giants. No way!

Easy road wins there

pbmax
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Easy road wins there

I can admit this new attitude of yours is disconcerting.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-02-2012, 10:02 PM

Not if we win out and grap the number two seed. One win in lambeau and then back to the dome in ATL. That would be the way to get there.

mraynrand
12-03-2012, 07:15 AM

I proudly wear the Dud appellation then. Injuries matter.

Cheesehead Craig
12-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Apparently per the Vikings fans here we were supposed to put the STUD label on the officials. Somehow they favored the Packers again. I guess there were at least a dozen more holding calls and of course our secondary wasn't called for multiple clear PI or illegal contact penalties. I can't believe that the rubes can even say that with a straight face.

Bossman641
12-03-2012, 09:00 AM

X2. Any claiming injuries haven't slowed this team has their head in the sand.

denverYooper
12-03-2012, 09:49 AM

Especially when one of them is an All-Pro and a couple more are Pro Bowl caliber players.

denverYooper
12-03-2012, 10:08 AM
I'd give Green a little love. Both RB's played hard.

ARod? always & Happy b-Day to boot.

I like this team, they are workin' like hell to stay afloat in the race.

Those freakin' Seahawks helped us today, maybe luck will come on our side and put us over the top.

I was talking with my old neighbor about this near the end of the game yesterday. The team as a whole feels better than last year's. Rodgers is not as dominating but the defense is compensating and a lot of other people are chipping in with game winning play. It's a funny thing. They're not hitting nearly as many big plays but don't seem be giving up as many bombs. More 3 and outs on O and D, better on 3rd down pct on D, worse on O, etc. When CM3 comes back, that defense could get some teeth down the stretch.

ThunderDan
12-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Pickett is a stud.

I thought Pickett and Raji had good games on Sunday but just couldn't put them on the Studs list.

I feel worse about putting Burnett on the Studs list though. If he makes the two tackles on AP he missed we are up 23-0. So basically his poor tackling put himself in position to make two game changing INTs to make the Studs list. Maybe the Packers do read this stuff.:lol: