PDA

View Full Version : Lions discussion for Week 13

denverYooper
12-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Kicking off with a mini disaster at WR for the Kitties.

Schefter has WR Broyles out with an ACL.

Schwartz stated in his PC (@DetroitLionsNFL) today that Titus Young is "not with the team" and "will not be in the mix".

Green Bay's gameplan is to triple team Megatron at all times.

Tony Oday
12-03-2012, 02:21 PM
2 CBs and 2 Safteys on Megatron...

red
12-03-2012, 02:40 PM
i'm with tony

quad his ass

Cheesehead Craig
12-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I think we should just line up Bush across from Megatron and at every snap just have him try and knock him on his butt every play. Let's use that 5 yd chuck rule to our advantage by beating the hell out of him.

denverYooper
12-03-2012, 04:41 PM
M3 PC today:

Jordy re-injured same hamstring, will be "hard-pressed" to play Sunday
TJ Lang's injury not bad. His chances are better (than Jordy's).

George Cumby
12-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Pack 6.5 favorites.

I expect a hard-hitting borderline dirty game on the part of the loins.

But Meg alone can't win this.

Suh will be good for a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Freak Out
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Don't forget about the Loins RBs...they both can gouge our D....what is the weather supposed to be like?

Pugger
12-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty!

Freak Out
12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh....and the Loins front 4 could kill Rodgers...Suh is going to take out all his frustrations Sunday night...one way or another.

Joemailman
12-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Don't forget about the Loins RBs...they both can gouge our D....what is the weather supposed to be like?

Right now they're saying mid-upper 30's with a chance of precip.

digitaldean
12-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Oh....and the Loins front 4 could kill Rodgers...Suh is going to take out all his frustrations Sunday night...one way or another.

Don't forget Fairley. I can still see that knucklehead not caring if the ball is gone or not and going Charles Martin on A-Rod.

denverYooper
12-03-2012, 06:08 PM

I feel a little better about it in Lambeau.

George Cumby
12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I feel a little better about it in Lambeau.

The grass will slow them down, some.

Freak Out
12-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Hopefully M3 sticks with the run game. :)

Joemailman
12-03-2012, 07:19 PM

Pack won't be facing AP this week. For much of the game yesterday, run defense was pretty decent. 153 of Peterson's yards came on 3 runs. I thought the Packers D-line was pretty decent. Two of AP's long runs were due to missed tackles by safeties. That needs to stop but again, the level of competition won't be quite the same.

pbmax
12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I think we should just line up Bush across from Megatron and at every snap just have him try and knock him on his butt every play. Let's use that 5 yd chuck rule to our advantage by beating the hell out of him.

THIS!

pbmax
12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Don't forget Fairley. I can still see that knucklehead not caring if the ball is gone or not and going Charles Martin on A-Rod.

I wonder what Schwartz and the position coach said to him about not Suplexing Rodgers?

Would like to see Barclay get a shot at getting his healthy and slightly longer arms on Cliff Avril (yes, this is reaching, I know).

Would also love to see Lang back at Guard. Guards don't need ankles!

Joemailman
12-03-2012, 07:35 PM

What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of his leg right at the bottom. He'll never play football again, because his weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right. He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.

Guiness
12-03-2012, 07:44 PM
quoting from the QB ratings thread

Matt Stafford 83.1 http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (23rd overall)

As far as I know, he's healthy. That was supposed to be his problem, but he is just not getting it done.

mraynrand
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Would like to see Barclay get a shot at getting his healthy and slightly longer arms on Cliff Avril (yes, this is reaching, I know).

funny!

pbmax
12-03-2012, 08:37 PM
What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of his leg right at the bottom. He'll never play football again, because his weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right. He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.

My favorite line of the movie because non-golfers chuckling at Murray describing maiming someone miss that he is maiming someone simply in order to alter his golf shot. He had to hear some old guys at the club he worked at as a kid describing every surgery in terms of whether it would affect their swing!

Fritz
12-03-2012, 09:38 PM
My favorite line of the movie because non-golfers chuckling at Murray describing maiming someone miss that he is maiming someone simply in order to alter his golf shot. He had to hear some old guys at the club he worked at as a kid describing every surgery in terms of whether it would affect their swing!

I think it would be a great stroke of luck if Broyles is out. I wonder, if this is the case, if The Schvantz will suddenly decide that Tittus Young has seen Jesus and is now a good teammate.

mmmdk
12-04-2012, 08:42 AM
This is the game where Suh gets suspended!

red
12-04-2012, 09:03 AM

NO, and here's why

BUSH IS THE DUMBEST MOTHER FUCKER ON THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

you line bush up on CJ, bush decides he's going for a sack so he can do his over the top celebration like he just won the super bowl. of course we have no safety help over the top, why would we? stafford hits CJ for an 87 yard TD. Bush, being too stupid to know better, runs head first into stafford a good 3 seconds after the ball is gone. 15 yard penalty on the kickoff.

cobb, can't take a knee so he brings the ball out from deep in the endzone. he makes it all the way out to the 12 before he's brought down.

but as usual when cobb brings the ball out of the endzone, there's a hold on the play.

1st and 10 from the packer 6

fairley, suh, vanden bosh and avril all hit a-rod at the same time because our line is so wonderfull, breaking him into 3 pieces. SAFTEY!!!

so, no. i don't like the thought of bush on megatron

MadScientist
12-04-2012, 10:45 AM
This is the game where Suh gets suspended!

Hope not, because that likely means he did something to injure a Packers player. Besides the Packers don't play Detroit after this week so a Suh suspension will not help them at all.

run pMc
12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by digitaldean
I wonder what Schwartz and the position coach said to him about not Suplexing Rodgers?

Yeah when I saw Fairley think about slamming Rodgers and catch himself -- what, did he think nobody was watching? -- I had flashbacks to Charles Martin. Say what you want about QB's wearing skirts these days, but if Fairley (or anyone) did that to Rodgers, he'd be lucky to make it to the bus alive. Hell, the bus would be lucky to get to the airport. I wonder if Goodell would ban Fairley for life. McMahon was never the same after that...I never liked McMahon, but when I saw Martin slam him it made me ashamed to be a GB fan. (Obviously, I've since recovered.)

I give Patler credit for posting the idea first, and I admit I'm coming around to the idea of putting Lang at LG if he's healthy enough and sticking Barclay at RT. M3 will have to give him help, though. Avril is a good handful and playing for a long term contract.

I think the GB run defense will have a bounceback game -- I think the embarrassment of AP running wild will galvanize them. I do worry about Megatron and Pettigrew. Scheffler is pesky too but I hear he's banged up and he dropped a ton of throws in the first game.

I think it's a pretty tough matchup because of GB's injuries and its a division game, but Lions are fading and playing on the road after a tough loss. GB favored by a touchdown? I like it.

Fritz
12-04-2012, 12:22 PM
I am greatly concerned that the strength of this Lions' team is mirrored by the weakness of the Green Bay team. That is, the Lions' defensive line is the strongest element of the team, and the Packers' offensive line is, in my opinion, the weakest link on the team.

But I understand from the Detroit media that Titus Young has been sent home again and will not make the trip to Green Bay, and that The Schvantz has all but announced that Broyles will be out, out, out.

This will allow the Packers to focus on Megatron and on stopping the run.

But can the interior of the Packers' offensive line keep from collapsing on every damn snap?

Patler
12-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I am greatly concerned that the strength of this Lions' team is mirrored by the weakness of the Green Bay team. That is, the Lions' defensive line is the strongest element of the team, and the Packers' offensive line is, in my opinion, the weakest link on the team.

But can the interior of the Packers' offensive line keep from collapsing on every damn snap?

It will help if the game plan is something other than launching the ball 25 yards or more down field on 9 of every 10 plays.

denverYooper
12-04-2012, 01:04 PM
It will help if the game plan is something other than launching the ball 25 yards or more down field on 9 of every 10 plays.

Correctamundo. They can control the game for the most part if they play it more like the Vikings game and take shots only when they get them (except for the INT, yeesh). It's not as glamorous as hitting the long ball but they can run that ball control plan as well as anyone should they so choose.

Also, they already beat that Lions rush in front of the home crowd in Detroit. Lambeau should help the Packers some.

LegandofthePack15
12-05-2012, 04:46 AM

But I understand from the Detroit media that Titus Young has been sent home again and will not make the trip to Green Bay, and that The Schvantz has all but announced that Broyles will be out, out, out.

This will allow the Packers to focus on Megatron and on stopping the run.

What run game? Even Detroit's run game is worse than the Packers!

That said, the Lions are better than their record indicates. They lost their last few games by an average of less than 6 points. Would be a mistake to underestimate the Lions.

Btw, Lions put Titus Young on IR. Somewhere some Lion fan is venting on an internet forum that they shoulda drafted Cobb instead of Young.

Fritz
12-05-2012, 06:08 AM
Titus Young was a well-known character risk when the Leos drafted him, but they took that risk. Doh!

I believe his failure with the team, combined with the numerous off-season arrests of others on the team, caused Martin Mayhew to pass on Janoris Jenkins, who plays a position in which the Lions have only one real player (cornerback).

This could be a low-scoring, ugly game.

I just hope MM and Rodgers are patient. I wish Rodgers would quit passing up wide-open pass receivers.

denverYooper
12-05-2012, 07:54 AM

That said, the Lions are better than their record indicates. They lost their last few games by an average of less than 6 points. Would be a mistake to underestimate the Lions.

Btw, Lions put Titus Young on IR. Somewhere some Lion fan is venting on an internet forum that they shoulda drafted Cobb instead of Young.

The Lions were worse than their record indicated last year. They won many close games in come-from-behind fashion last year and they now seem to be losing those. Teams are essentially triple covering Megatron in endgame situations when they know that Stafford will look to him. Without the bomb to Megatron plays in those situations, Stafford is having a hard time being as effective.

denverYooper
12-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Titus Young was a well-known character risk when the Leos drafted him, but they took that risk. Doh!

I believe his failure with the team, combined with the numerous off-season arrests of others on the team, caused Martin Mayhew to pass on Janoris Jenkins, who plays a position in which the Lions have only one real player (cornerback).

This could be a low-scoring, ugly game.

I just hope MM and Rodgers are patient. I wish Rodgers would quit passing up wide-open pass receivers.

That sort of seems to be who they are now, with all of the injuries. Hopefully they've accepted that because they are able to win those games. It wasn't so long ago that they "couldn't win close games". They've become quite adept at it. Rodgers has even already matched his season high for 4th Q comebacks (2). There's a good chance he sets a new mark there this year.

Zool
12-05-2012, 10:20 AM

Packers lost their games by 8, 2, and 3 before the Giants game. Guess the Packers are better than their record too.

rbaloha1
12-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Slug fest in the beginning.

Packers gain control and cover the spread.

pbmax
12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod
#Packers practice report: Charles Woodson and Shields back limited. Grant practiced. No Matthews, Nelson, Lang, Wilson, Neal or Starks

D line is going to be short a body or two. No rest for Worthy and Daniels.

In other news, Johnny White went to IR not Starks. He'll be back just in time to tease us again.

denverYooper
12-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm starting to wonder about CM3. Is his injury worse than they're letting on or are the Packers just being extra cautious since they've been winning?

It's interesting that Urlacher got injured and a definite prognosis (Grade 2 Hammy) and timeline were put forth. With Matthews it was "Hamstring" and "a couple of weeks".

pbmax
12-05-2012, 01:15 PM
M3 not sure about Lang but doesn't like what he learned about Neal's shoulder. Good grief.'

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport
"I don't feel real good" about what he learned today about Neal's shoulder. Will know more tomorrow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport
Lang ... MM doesn't have feeling one way or the other. Not progressing like Lang would want.

woodbuck27
12-07-2012, 10:24 AM
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/63304_473855566000741_1609227671_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/599910_339844436113429_1664392903_n.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c1.0.403.403/p403x403/526918_348045495293841_752192109_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/73081_360232654073243_775750217_n.jpg

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-07-2012, 11:18 AM

I saw today that it's projected to be 29 Deg. F and with possible snow flurries.

This Canadian Packer fan is chillin'. Watching the Sunday Night game with the Lions at Lambeau on a large HD screen.

Locked on !

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/3487_10151246739847365_1491911568_n.jpg

Packer fans are TOUGH !

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/12693_353012368128605_69016386_n.jpg

GO PACK GO !

Joemailman
12-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Neal doubtful for Sunday.
Lang and Terrell Manning questionable.
Driver, Saturday and Shields are probable.

pbmax
12-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Neal is not in danger of needing to go on IR, injury was NOT what they feared earlier in week. But highly unlikely he will play this week..

Also, the reporters have reached a consensus that both Mathews and Wood will be back for the Bears.

Shields will play this week. That's a pretty good group of corners.

Fritz
12-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Neal is not in danger of needing to go on IR, injury was NOT what they feared earlier in week. But highly unlikely he will play this week..

Also, the reporters have reached a consensus that both Mathews and Wood will be back for the Bears.

I am relieved about Neal. My guess is he will return in 2 weeks. Whew. Running out of bodies.

Will Grant or Harris be active? Can Harris play special teams?

RashanGary
12-09-2012, 09:33 AM

It will be interesting how much, if at all, Shields will play. I think Hayward has the nickel spot locked down. Do you put Shields in over House? If not, then it would come down to dime defense. Do you take a safety off the field?