PDA

View Full Version : CHUCKY COME HOME

Bretsky
12-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Bretsky would like to be the first to endorse the hiring of Chucky as the next coach at the Da Big U.....aka....UW MADISON

Bretsky will entertain Chucky on State Street weekly as part of his contract

P.S...........if they can't get Chucky....Bring Paul Chryst Back Home

ANYWAYS.....PERHAPS ANOTHER VERY SMART GM...WANTS CHUCKY BACK

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21265650/report-jon-gruden-raiders-in-talks-about-a-return-to-coaching

LegandofthePack15
12-05-2012, 02:03 AM
I think Gruden is more suited for the NFL game than the college game. But then again, I don't know shit about coaching.

How 'bout Mike Sherman for the Wisconsin job? That I would love to see happen. :grin:

Fritz
12-05-2012, 06:09 AM
I think Chucky loves the glamor life too much to go back to the college recruiting trail.

I think if his announcing career starts to fade, he'll make a return to coaching. Personally, I don't like the guy at all, and I don't think he's that super great of a coach.

run pMc
12-05-2012, 08:28 AM
if Gruden gets out of the booth to coach, it will be at the pro level. That'd be like Holmgren or Cowher skipping the NFL to coach college kids.

pittstang5
12-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Bretsky would like to be the first to endorse the hiring of Chucky as the next coach at the Da Big U.....aka....UW MADISON

Bretsky will entertain Chucky on State Street weekly as part of his contract

P.S...........if they can't get Chucky....Bring Paul Chryst Back Home

ANYWAYS.....PERHAPS ANOTHER VERY SMART GM...WANTS CHUCKY BACK

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21265650/report-jon-gruden-raiders-in-talks-about-a-return-to-coaching

Regarding Paul Chryst - NO! I like him at Pitt. We need some solidarity. Plus I think he already stated he was going to stay at Pitt.

pbmax
12-05-2012, 08:52 AM
No Chucky! Not even if he brings Cullen Jenkins back with him.

It would be a bad sign for the Raiders to bail on a plan to dump the coach after Year 1 (and no high draft picks) after a brief respite from insanity. On the other hand, it would be fantastic to have another bad franchise in the League.

Mike or Tom or Dennis or George Allen deserves better.

pbmax
12-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I think Gruden is more suited for the NFL game than the college game. But then again, I don't know shit about coaching.

How 'bout Mike Sherman for the Wisconsin job? That I would love to see happen. :grin:

That would make Bucky very sad. :cry:

LegandofthePack15
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
That would make Bucky very sad. :cry:

Think about it: Sherman, with his NFL ties and offensive background, would be able to recruit NFL-caliber, blue chip qbs to Wisconsin. When's the last time the Badgers had an elite qb?

Fritz
12-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Think about it: Sherman, with his NFL ties and offensive background, would be able to recruit NFL-caliber, blue chip qbs to Wisconsin. When's the last time the Badgers had an elite qb?

Just as he did in Green Bay, I believe Shermy's A & M teams had a couple good seasons early, though they never could win the big game, and then eventually faded into mediocrity and less.

You want that for Winsconsin?

Joemailman
12-05-2012, 06:46 PM

pbmax
12-05-2012, 09:15 PM

Kind of like the success he enjoyed (DOH!) with Ryan Tannehill at A&M?

LegandofthePack15
12-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Just as he did in Green Bay, I believe Shermy's A & M teams had a couple good seasons early, though they never could win the big game, and then eventually faded into mediocrity and less.

You want that for Winsconsin?

I want elite qbs to play for Wisconsin, even though I pretty much don't care much about college football nowadays. Its obvious Alvarez and Belemia had problems recruiting elite qbs to Madison, the one and done ordeal with Wilson notwithstanding.

Bretsky
12-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Regarding Paul Chryst - NO! I like him at Pitt. We need some solidarity. Plus I think he already stated he was going to stay at Pitt.

YES, to CHRYST

Forgot Pitt; this has always been the dream job for Paul Chryst. Because he's such a high character dude he might remain loyal to Pitt and not take it.

He grew up a HS and Colleage Coach in the Madison area. Bucky needs stability. Right now Wisconsin is still stepping stone job for most coaches........aka....Bret and his Iowa Tatoo just left us.

Chryst brings long term stability and success. Let's all say it together

FREE PAUL CHRYST
FREE PAUL CHRYST
FREE PAUL CHRYST
FREE PAUL CHRYST

and if not, Bring Chucky to Madtown so he entertains Bretsky, and bring Cullen Jenkins back to GB to PB MAX sees that we haven't been the same since he left :)

pbmax
12-06-2012, 07:34 AM
I want elite qbs to play for Wisconsin, even though I pretty much don't care much about college football nowadays. Its obvious Alvarez and Belemia had problems recruiting elite qbs to Madison, the one and done ordeal with Wilson notwithstanding.

I agree they have never attracted QBs with the pedigree of almost any other position they recruit, possibly WR, but they develop WRs at a astonishing rate somehow.

But I don't think Sherman is the answer. Might have been a Texas school thing or an assistant, but Sherman isn't a passing game guru. More importantly, his teams always underperformed.

Bretsky
12-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I agree they have never attracted QBs with the pedigree of almost any other position they recruit, possibly WR, but they develop WRs at a astonishing rate somehow.

But I don't think Sherman is the answer. Might have been a Texas school thing or an assistant, but Sherman isn't a passing game guru. More importantly, his teams always underperformed.

I'd puke if Barry hired Mike Sherman

The answer is in PIttsburg or Boise State

mraynrand
12-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Purdue already snapped up the Kent State coach. Bucky missed that golden opportunity. Darrell Hazell is the next Jim Tressel (scandals included).

pbmax
12-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Purdue already snapped up the Kent State coach. Bucky missed that golden opportunity. Darrell Hazell is the next Jim Tressel (scandals included).

Isn't Bowling Green the cradle of coaches? :lol:

QBME
12-06-2012, 09:14 AM
YES, to CHRYST

Forgot Pitt; this has always been the dream job for Paul Chryst. Because he's such a high character dude he might remain loyal to Pitt and not take it.

He grew up a HS and Colleage Coach in the Madison area. Bucky needs stability. Right now Wisconsin is still stepping stone job for most coaches........aka....Bret and his Iowa Tatoo just left us.

Chryst brings long term stability and success. Let's all say it together

FREE PAUL CHRYST
FREE PAUL CHRYST
FREE PAUL CHRYST
FREE PAUL CHRYST

and if not, Bring Chucky to Madtown so he entertains Bretsky, and bring Cullen Jenkins back to GB to PB MAX sees that we haven't been the same since he left :)

Dec. 4, 2012

Statement from Pitt Head Football Coach Paul Chryst:

“I understand the speculation surrounding my name given today’s developments. I am committed to the Pitt football program and the University of Pittsburgh. I am focusing all my time and energy on our team’s bowl game preparation and recruiting a great group of young men to join our program and this outstanding university. We are working hard every day to re-establish this program and I am excited about the future of Pitt football.”

Doesn't this sound like typical response from someone that is getting ready to jump ship?

mraynrand
12-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Isn't Bowling Green the cradle of coaches? :lol:

who will ever forget Doyt Perry?

http://www.bgsu.edu/images/lib/img75659.jpg

KYPack
12-06-2012, 09:53 AM
who will ever forget Doyt Perry?

http://www.bgsu.edu/images/lib/img75659.jpg

if you knew that off the top of your head, you are some kind of college football guru.

pbmax
12-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Dec. 4, 2012

Statement from Pitt Head Football Coach Paul Chryst:

“I understand the speculation surrounding my name given today’s developments. I am committed to the Pitt football program and the University of Pittsburgh. I am focusing all my time and energy on our team’s bowl game preparation and recruiting a great group of young men to join our program and this outstanding university. We are working hard every day to re-establish this program and I am excited about the future of Pitt football.”

Doesn't this sound like typical response from someone that is getting ready to jump ship?

Actually, yes it does.

woodbuck27
12-06-2012, 10:43 AM
I love Jon Gruden on MNF. I hope he stays there until he gets just the right situation or offer prsented to him. This is a hard working man; one totally dedicated with 'a nose to the grindstone' approach to his responsibilities.

I don't believe he'll just jump at any offer as he must know his penchant for perfection and the cost of that.

pbmax
12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
I know, I know, its the Packers board. But after saying Chryst should stay at Pitt, his press conference performance and interview on Dan Patrick, I am pretty sure Barry Alvarez could be elected Pope or president today. His choice.

mraynrand
12-06-2012, 01:04 PM
if you knew that off the top of your head, you are some kind of college football guru.

not a chance. I had to look it up just to remember that PB was referring to Urbane Meyer, former BGSU coach. What I do know is that their colors are this funny orange, even though they are green. But that's just because I gave a talk there a while back. Also, as far as I know, there is no Meyer statue on campus, but I may have missed it.

KYPack
12-06-2012, 03:37 PM
not a chance. I had to look it up just to remember that PB was referring to Urbane Meyer, former BGSU coach. What I do know is that their colors are this funny orange, even though they are green. But that's just because I gave a talk there a while back. Also, as far as I know, there is no Meyer statue on campus, but I may have missed it.

That goofy orange was the color Paul Brown tried to copy when he started the Browns.

BG is a strange place, but it is a hella party school, even tho it's in nowhere Ohio.

Lurker64
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
I've heard rumors that Brad Childress might be the next Wisconsin coach.

The only thing I can say is *snerk*.

swede
12-06-2012, 08:39 PM

Seriously, I wonder whose merch I would start to buy if that happened.

I'd probably get blue carpet for the house and become a Boise State fan.

LP
12-07-2012, 02:03 PM

Do you suppose he'll pick up recruits at the airport himself?

George Cumby
12-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Do you suppose he'll pick up recruits at the airport himself?

Only those who text pictures of their junk to bimbos.

pbmax
12-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Chilldress got a LOT of guff during his UW tenure for mind numbing and repetitive game plans that always featured the same weakness. Third and long? Throw it at someone's feet. In fact, no one was more surprised he got an NFL gig than Badger fans when Andy Reid hired him. And people, having elevated Alvarez to Sainthood for the first Rose Bowl win, had to find a target when the offense looked like it wasn't going to evolve (largely because of the strictures Alvarez insisted upon).

But the criticism was also a product of increased expectations. His offense set records in the running game that it took a Heisman Trophy winner to break (Dayne) and a future HC (Chryst) to surpass in the passing game and total points.

So he is a quality coordinator. As a head coach? A lot depends on temperament and ability to recruit and I am not sure about either of those things with Chilldress. I would be concerned if he got the job, but it would be the unknown, not the know, that would keep me up at night.

LP
12-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Only those who text pictures of their junk to bimbos.

In this day and age he could be a very busy guy!

mraynrand
12-09-2012, 10:56 AM
...I am not sure about either of those things with Chilldress. I would be concerned if he got the job, but it would be the unknown, not the know, that would keep me up at night.

Do you think he would wear the dress on recruiting visits to high school kids' homes?

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Chillylegs.jpg