PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys' Jerry Brown dies in car crash with teammate Josh Brent

woodbuck27
12-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Cowboys' Jerry Brown dies in car crash with teammate Josh Brent

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2012/12/08/josh-brent-arrest/1755831/#

3:32PM EST December 8. 2012 -

Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent was arrested on charges of intoxication manslaughter after flipping his car in Irving, Texas Saturday morning in an accident that killed Cowboys practice-squad player Jerry Brown , according to Irving police.

Dallas Cowboys Depth Chart:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/dallas-cowboys/depthchart/67043?q=dallas-cowboys

KYPack
12-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm going to this game tommorrow.

Christ, this has been strange, sad year.

Freak Out
12-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Young and stupid....thankfully they didn't take out anyone else.

KYPack
12-08-2012, 05:04 PM
One report sent Brent's car slid 900 feet after flipping over. Brent was trying to pull Brown from the wreck when the cops came on the scene.

I hope Bob Costas doesn't dust off his "traffic safety" rap on Sunday night.

Kiwon
12-08-2012, 05:55 PM
One report sent Brent's car slid 900 feet after flipping over. Brent was trying to pull Brown from the wreck when the cops came on the scene.

I hope Bob Costas doesn't dust off his "traffic safety" rap on Sunday night.

Finally, a sensible comment....

Marcellus Wiley from ESPN - "Another dead member of the fraternity. We all reflect and feel deep remorse but for this to resonate we still have a long way to go regarding off-the-field conduct. For that to change the compass of our ethics and morality, guys need to abide by a deeper discipline. It's sad to see.

Where players should be celebrating a head-start in life, people are actually doing the opposite.''

red
12-08-2012, 07:12 PM
once again. these guys make more then enough money where they could drop 30 or 40 thousand a year for a full time driver

even a practice squad guy makes enough money to do it

no excuses

if i was a pro athlete, i drop down a couple days paycheck on a nice limo, then drop a weeks pay on a full time driver. then i can get as fucked up as i want without having to worry about being killed, or killing someone else

red
12-08-2012, 07:13 PM
once again. these guys make more then enough money where they could drop 30 or 40 thousand a year for a full time driver

no excuses

if i was a pro athlete, i drop down a couple days paycheck on a nice limo, then drop a weeks pay on a full time driver. then i can get as fucked up as i want without having to worry about being killed, or killing someone else

now if i'm a team owner or GM, i keep a lime service on retainer for all the players

red
12-08-2012, 07:14 PM
and why the fuck was that a double post when i just tried to edit something?

guess thats what you get when a mexican runs the show

KYPack
12-08-2012, 09:26 PM
and why the fuck was that a double post when i just tried to edit something?

guess thats what you get when a mexican runs the show

All NFL teams have that. Not only can you get a free limo, they have a service that will both get you AND your ride home.

But management then knows when and where you were.

So nobody uses the shit.

Joemailman
12-08-2012, 09:51 PM
All NFL teams have that. Not only can you get a free limo, they have a service that will both get you AND your ride home.

So nobody uses the shit.

Because of privacy concerns in the past, the NFLPA now handles it.

The NFL Players Association offers a safe-ride program to all players, the phone number of which is provided to each player on his union card. The service is available anywhere in the United States or Canada, with an hourly fee of $85 paid by the player. There have been some concerns about privacy issues in the past, which is why the NFL stopped running the program a few years ago and instead let the union handle it.

KYPack
12-08-2012, 10:01 PM

Thx Joe, I didn't know NFLPA took that over.

I knew the Cincy guy who rolled the program out here. They had a nice bash at a hotel. The players got buzzed and took limo's home. And that was the only time they ever used the service.

Why?

They are too lazy to use it.

They get wasted and jump in a ride & go.

& that's the truth (remember him?).

woodbuck27
12-09-2012, 08:29 AM

no excuses

now if i'm a team owner or GM, i keep a lime service on retainer for all the players

The Dallas Cowboys have a FREE Transportation Service Policy for all players.

With that knowledge why? .... would any player neglect using that?? This accident and sad death etc. makes zero sense. It's a head shaker...just dumb.

Then I read this:

" All NFL teams have that. Not only can you get a free limo, they have a service that will both get you AND your ride home. But management then knows when and where you were. So nobody uses the shit. " KYPack

There's the most likely explanation.

red
12-09-2012, 08:33 AM
knowing that teams and the nfl/nflpa have these things in place, then there is zero excuse for what happened

time to suspend the shit out of dui players. 1 year suspension for first time offenders

players today won't learn anything unless you take away their money

Joemailman
12-09-2012, 09:06 AM
The problem is you're asking a guy who's had too much to drink to make a rational decision about whether he should drive or call that number. Excessive alcohol impairs the ability of people to make rational decisions. There's really only two solutions that I see: Don't drink in excess or have someone who's not been drinking available to make the decision.

mraynrand
12-09-2012, 10:35 AM
When will the madness end? When will semi-automatic cars finally be outlawed?

Kiwon
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Jason Garrett gave a great tribute to Jerry Brown in his post-game opening statement.

They gave the game ball to his mom.

Not one word about Josh Brent.

pbmax
12-09-2012, 06:45 PM

So nobody uses the shit.

Now I understand. I read twice in the last year that teams never say players use the service. One team dropped it.

pbmax
12-09-2012, 06:47 PM

Or they addressed it already. :oops:

Now even dumber to ignore.

pbmax
12-09-2012, 06:48 PM
The problem is you're asking a guy who's had too much to drink to make a rational decision about whether he should drive or call that number. Excessive alcohol impairs the ability of people to make rational decisions. There's really only two solutions that I see: Don't drink in excess or have someone who's not been drinking available to make the decision.

Harrison on SNF just said he remembers going home many a Friday after having too much to drink for safe driving. Wasn't until he was older until he recognized what he was risking.