PDA

View Full Version : Lang to return?

KYPack
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Lang has said he's going to try and practice this week.

My question is, which position. EDS has been pretty fugly at LG. Lang wasn't tearing up at RT. How about leaving the kid at RT and move Lang back in his old job, putting EDS on the pine?

Or make another crazy double move and put EDS at center and old Jeff on the pine?

Barclay might not have "it", but he's done better than Lang did, let's keep him on the field.

red
12-10-2012, 07:13 PM
lang at LG, leave saturday at center (he's just fine). and let the undrafted rook stay at RT, he's earned the starts with the way he's player the last 2 weeks (meaning he was better then lang)

Noodle
12-10-2012, 07:43 PM
As much as I'd like to see it, there's no way they move Saturday at this point in the season. So I agree with the minimal disruption approach, with Lang back to his old spot at guard and give the Barclay kid the reps at RT, especially this time of year when good run blocking actually can matter.

mraynrand
12-10-2012, 07:45 PM
IF you need to you can put that van Tobin Rote guy in there at center.

Joemailman
12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Lang has said he's going to try and practice this week.

My question is, which position. EDS has been pretty fugly at LG. Lang wasn't tearing up at RT. How about leaving the kid at RT and move Lang back in his old job, putting EDS on the pine?

Or make another crazy double move and put EDS at center and old Jeff on the pine?

Barclay might not have "it", but he's done better than Lang did, let's keep him on the field.

To me this is simple. Lang is a better LG than EDS. The running game has picked up since Barclay was inserted at RT, and he hasn't gotten Arod killed. Put Lang at LG and that gives you an experienced guy (EDS) to come off the bench should someone get hurt.

mraynrand
12-10-2012, 07:51 PM
To me this is simple. Lang is a better LG than EDS. The running game has picked up since Barclay was inserted at RT, and he hasn't gotten Arod killed. Put Lang at LG and that gives you an experienced guy (EDS) to come off the bench should someone get hurt.

keep the round mound of first down in there at RT!

KYPack
12-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I think the kid stays in the picture and old Jeff is better than EDS.

EDS needs some pine time.

Vandermause quoted MM at the presser:

"Lang back at left guard? We'll see. We have to be ready for anything. "

Tanks, coach.

sharpe1027
12-10-2012, 08:25 PM
leave Barclay and put Lang back were he does the most good. If you have real balls then you move EDS to center and never look back.

pbmax
12-10-2012, 08:40 PM
IF you need to you can put that van Tobin Rote guy in there at center.

I think its Kyle Rote. But not sure if Sr. or Jr.

Bretsky
12-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree with all; I think Saturday will be fine as well. Get EDS out of there. Barclay really helps the run

mission
12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I agree with all; I think Saturday will be fine as well. Get EDS out of there. Barclay really helps the run

Makes so much sense, just hope MM agrees with us. EDS so far hasn't shown much besides penalties and not holding his block.

George Cumby
12-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Makes so much sense, just hope MM agrees with us. EDS so far hasn't shown much besides penalties and not holding his block.

And why wouldn't he? :grin:

I'm with the herd here. Barclay has shown grit and toughness and I noticed last night that he has REALLY long arms.

EDS pull and seal on the LB on Harris' TD run was a thing of beauty, though.

woodbuck27
12-10-2012, 11:48 PM

Yup.

GO PACKERS !

Fritz
12-11-2012, 05:38 AM
And why wouldn't he? :grin:

I'm with the herd here. Barclay has shown grit and toughness and I noticed last night that he has REALLY long arms.

EDS pull and seal on the LB on Harris' TD run was a thing of beauty, though.

So true. But getting walked back into Rodgers by Fairley was a thing of ugly.

mraynrand
12-11-2012, 08:15 AM

:lol:

mraynrand
12-11-2012, 08:17 AM
I think its Kyle Rote. But not sure if Sr. or Jr.

ha!

http://www.texasbob.com/images/kylelife.jpg

Packers4Glory
12-11-2012, 08:45 AM
If Lang isn't anywhere but at LG I'm gonna throw a huge internet temper tantrum!

Pugger
12-11-2012, 09:35 AM

+1