PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson Wants to Break Eric Dickerson’s NFL Rushing Record

woodbuck27
12-11-2012, 10:54 AM
http://nesn.com/2012/12/adrian-peterson-wants-to-break-eric-dickersons-nfl-rushing-record-deserves-mvp-if-he-does/

Adrian Peterson Wants to Break Eric Dickerson’s NFL Rushing Record... Deserves MVP If He Does

By: Luke Hughes Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 9:16PM

" After rushing for 154 yards and a pair of touchdowns in the Vikings’ 21-14 win over the rival Bears on Sunday, giving him 1,600 yards on the year, Peterson expressed an interest in breaking Eric Dickerson‘s long-standing single-season rushing record. "

According to Peter King of Sports Illustrated

Comment woodbuck27:

AP needs 506 more yards in his teams final three games to top this long standing record of 2105 rushing yards set by Eric Dickerson 'L A RAMS' in 1984. 12 times that season Eric Dickerson rushed for over 100 yards. In eight games this season AP has exceeded 100 yards rushing.

In the last seven (7) games AP has averaged 157 yards rushing. If he continues that average or (157 yards) over the final three games he will finish this season with 2071 yards and fall 35 yards short of breaking Eric Dickerson's record.

If you look at his average over the last five (5) games or 165 yards rushing and he continues with that average in his final three games. He'll end up rushing for 2095 yards and miss the record by 11 yards.

Do you believe that Adrian Peterson will break Eric Dickerson's single season rushing record this season?

jklowan
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
http://nesn.com/2012/12/adrian-peterson-wants-to-break-eric-dickersons-nfl-rushing-record-deserves-mvp-if-he-does/

Adrian Peterson Wants to Break Eric Dickerson’s NFL Rushing Record... Deserves MVP If He Does

By: Luke Hughes Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 9:16PM

" After rushing for 154 yards and a pair of touchdowns in the Vikings’ 21-14 win over the rival Bears on Sunday, giving him 1,600 yards on the year, Peterson expressed an interest in breaking Eric Dickerson‘s long-standing single-season rushing record. "

According to Peter King of Sports Illustrated

Comment woodbuck27:

AP needs 506 more yards in his teams final three games to top this long standing record of 2105 rushing yards set by Eric Dickerson 'L A RAMS' in 1984. 12 times that season Eric Dickerson rushed for over 100 yards. In eight games this season AP has exceeded 100 yards rushing.

In the last seven (7) games AP has averaged 157 yards rushing. If he continues that average or (157 yards) over the final three games he will finish this season with 2071 yards and fall 35 yards short of breaking Eric Dickerson's record.

If you look at his average over the last five (5) games or 165 yards rushing and he continues with that average in his final three games. He'll end up rushing for 2095 yards and miss the record by 11 yards.

Do you believe that Adrian Peterson will break Eric Dickerson's single season rushing record this season?

He might break it against us, shit he had 200 in the last game

woodbuck27
12-11-2012, 11:37 AM
He might break it against us, shit he had 200 in the last game

He will need 25 carries a game and average 6.75 yards per carry to get it done. Yes if he breaks that record it will be Vs the PACKERS. His best game rushing this season was @ Lambeau field where he had 21 carries for 210 yards.

The Green Bay Packers have to stand between Adrian Peterson and that seasonal rushing record.

GO PACKERS !

LEWCWA
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
not really a very good chance.

swede
12-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Win the game. Spoil AD's attempt at the record. That would be a good day.

But...as long as we win...it doesn't spoil my day to let him have the record. Adrian Peterson deserves mention among the best ever anyway.

MadScientist
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm ok if he gets it because the Vikings keep feeding him the ball despite being down by 28 points.

woodbuck27
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Win the game. Spoil AD's attempt at the record. That would be a good day.

But...as long as we win...it doesn't spoil my day to let him have the record. Adrian Peterson deserves mention among the best ever anyway.

Yes he's had an impressive career to date but coming off his injury as he has, is something else again. Amazing ! He takes no prisoners in his rush's.

Looking at what he must do to achieve that record over the final three games is somewhat intriguing.

Pugger
12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
If we win the game I don't give a damn if he gets the record. I'd rather win the division and go to the playoffs and I suspect he'd say the same thing if asked.

pbmax
12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
If we win the game I don't give a damn if he gets the record. I'd rather win the division and go to the playoffs and I suspect he'd say the same thing if asked.

I'm with Swede. Both would be OK by me. Why not have ALL the fun?

Lurker64
12-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I imagine Alex Green wants to break Erc Dickerson's NFL rushing record as well.

The difference is that Adrian Peterson has a chance to do so this year.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2012, 07:02 PM
@Rams
@Houston
GB

If he can get a buck 50 vs the Rams and tears a hole in the Texans ass (200 is very possible based on last night) he comes to Green Bay needing 160 or so right? I'm not going to hate on him, if he comes to Lambeau with a chance it will make the game that much more interesting since the playoff spot might be locked up by then.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2012, 07:05 PM
I imagine Alex Green wants to break Erc Dickerson's NFL rushing record as well.

The difference is that Adrian Peterson has a chance to do so this year.
You wish you could break the PackerRats record for most post but these 2000 post per season degenerates don't let up.

Joemailman
12-11-2012, 07:07 PM
@Rams
@Houston
GB

If he can get a buck 50 vs the Rams and tears a hole in the Texans ass (200 is very possible based on last night) he comes to Green Bay needing 160 or so right? I'm not going to hate on him, if he comes to Lambeau with a chance it will make the game that much more interesting since the playoff spot might be locked up by then.

They playing both Packer/Viking games at Lambeau? :crazy:

MadtownPacker
12-11-2012, 07:16 PM
They playing both Packer/Viking games at Lambeau? :crazy:
What are you talking about you senile old shit? They go to St Lou, Houston and then play at home vs the Pack.

Here let me make it easy for you in high contrast so your old, perverted eyes can see:

@Rams = at the St Louis Rams (They aint in LA no more.)
@Houston = at the Houston Texans (sorry I know this team didn't exist when you could still remember shit.)
GB = home versus the Green Bay Packers (No, you don't get to be there to cheer if Peterson breaks the record.)

Joemailman
12-11-2012, 07:50 PM
@Rams
@Houston
GB

Hey Paco. Put down the tequila and read your own post.

Little Whiskey
12-11-2012, 09:16 PM

oops

Bossman641
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM
@Rams
@Houston
GB

The game is in Minnesota pendejo

Zool
12-12-2012, 09:52 AM

He prefers pendeja

Kiwon
12-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Careful boys......

http://www.mcmbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Machete-Movie.jpg

red
12-12-2012, 10:39 AM
go get em AP

breaking the record after the injury he has is nothing short of amazing

3irty1
12-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Dream scenario for me would be AJ Hawk ending his season with a shattered leg 1 yard short of the record. Its not tasteless if you consider all Vikings to be subhuman.

MadtownPacker
12-12-2012, 02:48 PM

He prefers pendeja
Ok all you bitches got me. I said Lambeau!!!

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 05:39 PM
What are you talking about you senile old shit? They go to St Lou, Houston and then play at home vs the Pack.

Here let me make it easy for you in high contrast so your old, perverted eyes can see:

@Rams = at the St Louis Rams (They aint in LA no more.)
@Houston = at the Houston Texans (sorry I know this team didn't exist when you could still remember shit.)
GB = home versus the Green Bay Packers (No, you don't get to be there to cheer if Peterson breaks the record.)

Jeeeesssh Mad .....what if he can't see GREEN?

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 05:49 PM
go get em AP

breaking the record after the injury he has is nothing short of amazing

Here's a video of the playm (Vikings @ Redskins 2011) in which AP sustained that serious injury. It appears so innoscent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ln51oIAAE

A video that documents Adrian Peterson's greatness ... 'seasonal rushing record' or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP3AgX-v4Kg

MadtownPacker
12-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Jeeeesssh Mad .....what if he can't see GREEN?
According to Nutz all of us see the world through green and gold goggles.

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 05:54 PM
According to Nutz all of us see the world through green and gold goggles.

Ohh...... OK then.

woodbuck27
12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9ayf?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-vikings

( Bud ) Grant says longevity the key to Peterson's greatness

Bud Grant said he believes the combination of strength and speed makes Adrian Peterson the best back in the NFL. Yet...

Cont'd LINK.