PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl voting leaders

Guiness
12-12-2012, 12:38 PM
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnfllabor.files.wordpress.c om%2F2012%2F12%2F13probowl-balloting-update33.pdf

Haven't heard much about the Pro Bowl this year, not even sure where it is being played. Is it back in Hawaii?

Packers have five players leading at their position
Rodgers leads NFC QB's, although he is 3rd at his position. Manning and Brady, deservedly are leading him. They are both having spectacular seasons.

Woodson and Mathews both lead their positions, despite being out for extended periods of time. Woodson being voted in as a SS. I wonder how far back Aldon Smith is at OLB?

Cobb is getting the nod at KR, and there is a surprising appearance by Kuhn at FB! I wonder how many votes the chants of "Kuuuhn" whenever he touches the ball gets him!

Top WR in the NFC is Cruz, not Johnson! Wow. Johnson is actually 3rd, behind Foster as well. Guy might break Rice's record on a shitty team, not sure what else he has to do!

Smeefers
12-12-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm actually surprised there isn't more talk of a race between Johnson and Peterson for MVP. Everyone's talking Manning and Brady, but for my salt, those two are having a pair of the best seasons I've ever seen. Sports writers can be morons.

Guiness
12-12-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm actually surprised there isn't more talk of a race between Johnson and Peterson for MVP. Everyone's talking Manning and Brady, but for my salt, those two are having a pair of the best seasons I've ever seen. Sports writers can be morons.

Trust dat. But you have to know that the way the league is, mvp now means 'top QB'. Best either of them can hope for is Offensive POY.

LegandofthePack15
12-13-2012, 05:26 AM

The AP MVP award is the NFL's version of the Heisman. The player not only has to excel, but he also has to play for a Super Bowl contender.

If I could vote for an MVP, I would vote for Matt Ryan.

mraynrand
12-13-2012, 07:36 AM

awesome! :lol:

Pugger
12-13-2012, 08:12 AM
The AP MVP award is the NFL's version of the Heisman. The player not only has to excel, but he also has to play for a Super Bowl contender.

:lol:

LegandofthePack15
12-13-2012, 09:57 AM
awesome! :lol:

"Ice" Ryan is no laughingstock. Currently, the guy's completing 68% of his passes for almost 4000 yds and 24 tds. Ryan has been sacked only 24 times cos he doesnt hold the ball longer than it takes Bob Dole to play a round of golf, e.g., "Erin" Rodgers and his 42 sacks. Most importantly, the Falcons currently have the best record in the NFC at 11-2.

Zool
12-13-2012, 10:29 AM
2011 playoffs
24/41 199 yards 0 TD's 2 sacks

Edit
2010 playoffs
20/29 186 yards 1 td 2 int 5 sacks

2008 playoffs
26/40 199 yards 2 td 2 int 3 sacks

A solid 0-3 record in the playoffs so far. "Ice" apparently melts when the lights shine the brightest. Sometimes your dumb level gets to me and I need to reply. Today is one of those days. I also wonder that % your hamstrings are today?

pbmax
12-13-2012, 11:55 AM
2011 playoffs

2010 playoffs
9/13 118 yards 2 tds

2008 playoffs

A solid 0-3 record in the playoffs so far. "Ice" apparently melts when the lights shine the brightest. Sometimes your dumb level gets to me and I need to reply. Today is one of those days. I also wonder that % your hamstrings are today?

Matt Ryan only cares about his stats during the regular season. When its crunch time in the playoffs, he concerns himself with grit and toughness and sack avoidance rather than "production" or "numbers" or "wins". There is a reason he has thrown 3 TDs and 4 INTs in the playoffs. That's winning, no sacks football right there. 0-3 doesn't just happen by accident.

No noodle arm has ever been better at avoiding sacks and completing passes to someone, anyone, even if the jersey looks a little different. The playoffs are no time to be picky because a large mean man is coming right at him.

mraynrand
12-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I enjoy watching Matt Ryan's throwing 'mechanics' on a deep ball. Seriously, the guy looks like he's tossing the shot put.

Joemailman
12-13-2012, 01:07 PM
2011 playoffs

2010 playoffs
9/13 118 yards 2 tds

2008 playoffs

Agree with your point, but those 2010 numbers are off. Against Packers he was 20-29, 186, 1 TD, 2 INT. Of course, those numbers don't even tell the story. One INT was returned by T-Will for a TD on the last play of the 1st half. His 1 TD pass was a meaningless one with the Packers ahead 42-14.

Zool
12-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Agree with your point, but those 2010 numbers are off. Against Packers he was 20-29, 186, 1 TD, 2 INT. Of course, those numbers don't even tell the story. One INT was returned by T-Will for a TD on the last play of the 1st half. His 1 TD pass was a meaningless one with the Packers ahead 42-14.

Oh damn, those were from the pro-bowl in 2010. Those were the only stats that actually looked good for him. I've updated the original post to make my point actually stronger.

LegandofthePack15
12-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Matt Ryan only cares about his stats during the regular season. When its crunch time in the playoffs, he concerns himself with grit and toughness and sack avoidance rather than "production" or "numbers" or "wins". There is a reason he has thrown 3 TDs and 4 INTs in the playoffs. That's winning, no sacks football right there. 0-3 doesn't just happen by accident.

No noodle arm has ever been better at avoiding sacks and completing passes to someone, anyone, even if the jersey looks a little different. The playoffs are no time to be picky because a large mean man is coming right at him.

Take away 2010 and Rodgers is 0-2 in the playoffs with a couple of one and dones. Throughout Favre's glorious career the Packers rarely go 1 and done in the playoffs. I can only recall one 1 and done with Favre at the helm- the infamous Moss moon game (feel free to fact check for me :-D).

wootah
12-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Take away 2010 and Rodgers is 0-2 in the playoffs with a couple of one and dones. Throughout Favre's glorious career the Packers rarely go 1 and done in the playoffs. I can only recall one 1 and done with Favre at the helm- the infamous Moss moon game (feel free to fact check for me :-D).

1998 (SF), 2002 (Vick) & 2004 (Vikings).

Favre's W-L in playoffs = 13-11 (rating 86.3). Rodgers = 4-2 (rating 105.5)

LegandofthePack15
12-14-2012, 06:39 AM
I enjoy watching Matt Ryan's throwing 'mechanics' on a deep ball. Seriously, the guy looks like he's tossing the shot put.

Yet Ryan is still completing 68% of his passes overall, which is better than Rodgers'. And Ryan is keen to throwing the ball away rather than take drive-killing sacks! Obviously, Ryan is ice in the clutch.

Matt Ryan is the true NFL MVP whether the press vote for him or not. :mrgreen:

LegandofthePack15
12-14-2012, 06:45 AM
1998 (SF), 2002 (Vick) & 2004 (Vikings).

Favre's W-L in playoffs = 13-11 (rating 86.3). Rodgers = 4-2 (rating 105.5)

Yet, Super Bowls: Favre 2, Rodgers 1.

As a die-hard Packer fan, I hope Rodgers leads the Packers to a few more SBs. But Favre will always be the G.O.A.T no matter what. :worship:

Patler
12-14-2012, 06:53 AM
But Favre will always be the G.O.A.T no matter what. :worship:

How can he "always be", when he never got there in the first place??

LegandofthePack15
12-14-2012, 06:58 AM
How can he "always be", when he never got there in the first place??

Winner. Champion. Iron man. Record holder.

The greatest of all time, indeed.

Patler
12-14-2012, 07:49 AM

His "winner" and "champion" qualifications were nothing extraordinary, matched by many and exceeded by some.
I'll give you "iron man" which in turn begot "record holder".

I think the term (old) goat applies, but not G.O.A.T.

Pugger
12-14-2012, 07:52 AM

You should take your comedy routine on the road. You'll make a bundle. The consensus overall greatest QB of all time was Joe Montana. Hell, your lover isn't even the best QB to ever wear green and gold. :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
12-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Kuhn should be the All-Pro FB just for the fact of the "KUUUUUUUHHHHHNNNNN" cheer regardless of where the Pack is playing.

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 10:25 AM
"Ice" Ryan is no laughingstock. Currently, the guy's completing 68% of his passes for almost 4000 yds and 24 tds. Ryan has been sacked only 24 times cos he doesnt hold the ball longer than it takes Bob Dole to play a round of golf, e.g., "Erin" Rodgers and his 42 sacks. Most importantly, the Falcons currently have the best record in the NFC at 11-2.

Your choice... Matt Ryan is the MVP 'of the NFC' over Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson.

As I look at it today and all things considered. If Tom Brady doesn't get the MVP 'NFL'; voters arn't paying attention to much more than hype.

Tom Brady is clearly the NFL MVP and the runner up should be a toss up between Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson.

Peyton Manning is a first year member of the Denver Broncos a team that had much in place before his signing. I truely feel as a result of his first year status that he's ineligible.

Accepting that argument it comes down to Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson and OK..... toss Matt Ryan into that mix? No.

After some brief thought it comes down to Tom Brady and Adrian Peterson who are both having exceptional years and clearly extremely valuable to their teams.

The winner is Tom Brady. Count on it.

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 10:36 AM
His "winner" and "champion" qualifications were nothing extraordinary, matched by many.

I'm a winner, I'm a champion.

http://www.wvpics.com/pics/jeffhostetler.jpg

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/02/32/40/632836/3/628x471.jpg

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 10:39 AM
"I'm a winner, too! And I would have won a college championship if coach had let me throw the ball when I came in for Casey Weldon when he lost his shoe."

http://www.bradjohnson14.com/profile/images/Milk.jpg

LegandofthePack15
12-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Peyton Manning is a first year member of the Denver Broncos a team that had much in place before his signing. I truely feel as a result of his first year status that he's ineligible.

Accepting that argument it comes down to Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson and OK..... toss Matt Ryan into that mix? No.

C'mon, Woodbuck, Peyton Manning is not MVP-worthy b/c he's a first year Bronco? That's kinda funny.

I am a Tim Tebow fan and I wish Thompson had drafted Tebow and traded for Tebow prior to this season. But the Broncos are light years better offensively this season than last season. Manning is the reason why. Manning is MVP worthy.

However, I do think Denver would be undefeated right now and en route to New Orleans with Tebow at the helm instead of Manning. Tim Tebow may not throw pretty but he always find a way to win.

Rodgers is NOT MVP-worthy. Last season, sure. This season, nada.

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 11:32 AM
But the Broncos are light years better offensively this season than last season. Manning is the reason why. Manning is MVP worthy.

In related news, water is wet.

LegandofthePack15
12-14-2012, 11:40 AM
In related news, water is wet.

Water can also be solid as well as gaseous. :-D

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Water can also be solid as well as gaseous. :-D

uhh no, those would be called ice and steam/vapor, respectively. water is H2O in liquid state. You just won the Woodbuck Award for the day.

3irty1
12-14-2012, 12:33 PM
I am a Tim Tebow fan and I wish Thompson had drafted Tebow and traded for Tebow prior to this season...

However, I do think Denver would be undefeated right now and en route to New Orleans with Tebow at the helm instead of Manning.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!

Upnorth
12-14-2012, 02:07 PM
I think I would vote
1. AP
2. C Johnson
3. T Brady
in that order.

Also Pugger was bang on with here assesment that Starr is the G.O.A.T.

Cheesehead Craig
12-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Calvin's season is going to be lost in the AP and Manning story.

AP coming back better than ever from shredding his knee in record time while threatening the rushing record. Especially given that he's the only threat the Vikes had for most of the season.

Manning coming back from a year off and a potentially career ending surgery and making the Broncos a legit SB contender and being as good as he ever was.

Patler
12-14-2012, 03:15 PM
"Most Valuable..." hard to define.

Offensive or Defensive Players of the Year would seemingly be the best performing offensive and defensive players, regardless of team success. But, "Most Valuable" carries a connotation of something accomplished beyond the players personal performance, the success of the team and the players prominence in that success. Since the Lions will accomplish nothing this year, while a Lion player may well qualify for DPOY or OPOY, I have a hard time saying they are the "most valuable". Most valuable in what. being the most disappointing team in the league?

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 03:18 PM
The MVP of the league is RGIII. There's not even a close second.

Guiness
12-14-2012, 04:51 PM
The MVP of the league is RGIII. There's not even a close second.

Using Patler's definition, him or Manning.

Does it have to be a winning team though? One of the most oustanding performances I can remember was Andre Dawson's MVP season for the Cubs. He kept them from being demoted by AAA that year!

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 05:12 PM
C'mon, Woodbuck, Peyton Manning is not MVP-worthy b/c he's a first year Bronco? That's kinda funny.

I am a Tim Tebow fan and I wish Thompson had drafted Tebow and traded for Tebow prior to this season. But the Broncos are light years better offensively this season than last season. Manning is the reason why. Manning is MVP worthy.

However, I do think Denver would be undefeated right now and en route to New Orleans with Tebow at the helm instead of Manning. Tim Tebow may not throw pretty but he always find a way to win.

Rodgers is NOT MVP-worthy. Last season, sure. This season, nada.

OK then I'll back down because I'm easy; simply post that the 2012 MVP should be Tom Brady over any other hyped up candidate for this honour.

I believe that Tom Brady is certainly the best candidate for this reward. As I post this I just wonder how much Pat's HC Bill Belichick contributes to the winning ways of the New England Patriots?

Who wins the comeback player award? Peyton Manning or Adrian Peterson?

Pugger
12-15-2012, 08:24 AM
I would say either Peyton or Peterson is the comeback POY.

Patler
12-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Some might say AP hasn't "comeback". Not to diminish what he has done, but he was not really "away", missing just 4 games last year, and getting nearly 1000 yards in those he did play. Again, his rehab time was incredible, but it was an injury that players now do return from quite well, albeit usually in a longer time frame. He has made it all the more amazing by challenging the all time rushing record on top of a completely amazing rehab.

Manning underwent several somewhat more unusual surgeries, missed a full year and had an uncertain prognosis as to if he could ever even play again. Throw in being released, starting all over with a new team and where he has taken them this year, and Manning would get my vote.

I certainly have no objection to someone picking AP. Just looking for something to differentiate between the two so as to pick one.