PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers, A Very Selfish Player

Deputy Nutz
12-13-2012, 07:55 PM
First off, fuck 12/12/12 day. My daughter thougth the world was going to end yesterday and I was so pissed off about Aaron Rodgers's day I didn't even give a witch's tit about the end of the fucking world.

Anyways I watched every game this year, and to be honest I am not really impressed with Rodgers this season. For one he is a stat whore, he would rather take a sack, or bail out of the pocket instead of making a a throw into tight coverage. This offense is averaging 70 yards less than it did last season, why because Rodger loves his accuracy % more than moving the football. One thing that could help his accuracy % is dumping the ball off to open running backs, but he would rather hold on to the ball or try to run with it. "Why what a stupid thing to do"you say, "why would he do that?"

I tell you why because he is afraid the running back is going to make a big play off his little pass. Instead Rodgers feels like the spotlight is more important by him taking the ball up field regardless how many concussion he has sustained. Please don't worry about those horrible quick screens he throws to Cobb, those plays are specific to McCarthy's play calling. I have been watching all these games, and Rodgers has open dump offs constantly, especially with defenses play deep cover 2.

Brando19
12-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Dumb post. I guess you'd rather him sling it up for grabs like another QB used to and hope for the best?

Bossman641
12-13-2012, 09:05 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7gfq0RHZS1qdol23o1_400.jpg

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

swede
12-13-2012, 09:22 PM
I do admit 12-12-12 day is over the top. A lot.

Old School
12-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Nutz, there's a spot for you on the Cubs Message Board where you'd feel at home and get support from the bumper crop of Negative Nellies who languish there. Sheesh!!!

denverYooper
12-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Nutz, you are generally a pretty knowledgeable poster when it comes to Xs and Os. To that end, you're right about Rodgers's hesitancy to take those open throws. But the psychological part of that is pretty iffy and certainly seems aimed inciting the baser emotions.

Channeling your inner Andy Kaufman this evening, or just got done running QC on the still?

mission
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Used to think this shit was worth responding to, now it's just half-ass effort at trolling.

Joemailman
12-13-2012, 10:06 PM
First off, fuck 12/12/12 day. My daughter thougth the world was going to end yesterday and I was so pissed off about Aaron Rodgers's day I didn't even give a witch's tit about the end of the fucking world.

Anyways I watched every game this year, and to be honest I am not really impressed with Rodgers this season. For one he is a stat whore, he would rather take a sack, or bail out of the pocket instead of making a a throw into tight coverage. This offense is averaging 70 yards less than it did last season, why because Rodger loves his accuracy % more than moving the football. One thing that could help his accuracy % is dumping the ball off to open running backs, but he would rather hold on to the ball or try to run with it. "Why what a stupid thing to do"you say, "why would he do that?"

I tell you why because he is afraid the running back is going to make a big play off his little pass. Instead Rodgers feels like the spotlight is more important by him taking the ball up field regardless how many concussion he has sustained. Please don't worry about those horrible quick screens he throws to Cobb, those plays are specific to McCarthy's play calling. I have been watching all these games, and Rodgers has open dump offs constantly, especially with defenses play deep cover 2.

Are you sleeping with Tank?

ND72
12-13-2012, 10:07 PM

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:five:

pbmax
12-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Rodgers is stat whore.

Rodgers won't pass to running backs.

Rodgers fears RBs will make big play.

A big play by a RB off a Rodgers pass would help his stats.

Rodgers does not pass to running backs.

Rodgers cannot be a stat whore.

~That's not circular logic. Its just a cul de suc.

wootah
12-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Hahaha, that post was bad and Nutz should feel bad.

LegandofthePack15
12-14-2012, 06:20 AM
I agree with Nutz's post.

I think "Aaron Rodgers Day" is lame.

In addition to being a "stat whore," Rodgers is also just average in cold weather games. For the Packers' sake I hope Rodgers rise above mediocrity...soon. For comparison's sake, in his prime, Favre was something like 300-0 when the temperature at game time was 34 degree F or below.

wootah
12-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Let the record show that KYPack was right.

Bretsky
12-14-2012, 06:56 AM

In addition to being a "stat whore," Rodgers is also just average in cold weather games. For the Packers' sake I hope Rodgers rise above mediocrity...soon. For comparison's sake, in his prime, Favre was something like 300-0 when the temperature at game time was 34 degree F or below.

What is Rodgers record is 32 and below games ?

Bretsky
12-14-2012, 07:00 AM
I didn't buy into the AROD day but Rodgers didn't create it so there is no reason to connect the day with his frame of mind
I don't buy Rodgers is selfish; he's trying to make plays. Sometimes he holds the ball too long and it hurts; sometimes when he holds the ball too long he scrambles and good things happen.
I am very impressed with Rodgers season; he rarely has a lot of time and rarely is throwing with good form due to the pressure getting to him way too early. His TD to INT ratios is stilll good and his bad decisions at the wrong time normally don't cost us games.

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Used to think this shit was worth responding to, now it's just half-ass effort at trolling.

Now you know how I have felt about your 4000 + posts. Zing!!!

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 07:04 AM

You either agree with me because you are crazy like a fox, or because you hate Rodgers, either way I am way ok with it.

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 07:05 AM

That guy was a horrible principal

LegandofthePack15
12-14-2012, 07:14 AM
What is Rodgers record is 32 and below games ?

Not sure. Too lazy to do research.

Point is, unlike Favre in his prime, Rodgers is plays better indoor than outdoor. Rodgers is a dome qb. Every time I think of Rodgers in the cold, I think of the Divisional game against New York last season. I think of Rodgers being shut down in the 2nd half of the NFC Title game against Chicago. I think of Rodgers overthrowing a wide open Greg Jennings in the endzone in the waning moments of last week's game -I mean, 7 point lead, inconsistent kicker, make the fucking play!

Tony Oday
12-14-2012, 07:19 AM
I agree I say trade straight up to the Vikes for Ponder and a 7th round pick. I mean what has AR done for us lately! His pass coverage sucks, he cant rush the passer for shit and he gets blown up by Fullbacks in the hole. He has never won a real big game I mean face it that super bowl was all really Favre and a 15-1 season was all the running game. In sumation Fuck trading him lets just give him his outright release so we can save on cap room.

George Cumby
12-14-2012, 07:28 AM

Was there any doubt?

sheepshead
12-14-2012, 07:37 AM
You need to reexamine how much a turnover costs a team.

hoosier
12-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Rodgers is stat whore.

Rodgers won't pass to running backs.

Rodgers fears RBs will make big play.

A big play by a RB off a Rodgers pass would help his stats.

Rodgers does not pass to running backs.

Rodgers cannot be a stat whore.

~That's not circular logic. Its just a cul de suc.

Yeah, but doesn't the new ESPN QB rating system give reduced credit for yards after catch? I think that is the gist of the argument, that Rodgers is such a stats whore that he actually bought into the Total QBR.

Pugger
12-14-2012, 07:42 AM
I agree I say trade straight up to the Vikes for Ponder and a 7th round pick. I mean what has AR done for us lately! His pass coverage sucks, he cant rush the passer for shit and he gets blown up by Fullbacks in the hole. He has never won a real big game I mean face it that super bowl was all really Favre and a 15-1 season was all the running game. In sumation Fuck trading him lets just give him his outright release so we can save on cap room.

No shit. Let's bring back the one legged sexter and all will be right in the world. :lol:

About the OP here? Consider the source.

hoosier
12-14-2012, 07:44 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbbZ7_dGTTE

Bossman641
12-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Not sure. Too lazy to do research.

Point is, unlike Favre in his prime, Rodgers is plays better indoor than outdoor. Rodgers is a dome qb. Every time I think of Rodgers in the cold, I think of the Divisional game against New York last season. I think of Rodgers being shut down in the 2nd half of the NFC Title game against Chicago. I think of Rodgers overthrowing a wide open Greg Jennings in the endzone in the waning moments of last week's game -I mean, 7 point lead, inconsistent kicker, make the fucking play!

Not that it's really necessary to prove you an idiot, but I will anyways. The article is old, but you should get the gist of it.

http://host.madison.com/sports/football/professional/packers-rodgers-numbers-in-cold-weather-impressive-too/article_c2b78150-24e4-11e0-9249-001cc4c002e0.html

Rodgers ranked second with a passer rating of 101.5 in eight cold-weather starts, all in the regular season. That was ahead of such notables as Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (97.2, 11 starts), New England's Tom Brady (94.2, 14), New Orleans' Drew Brees (87.5, 4) and Indianapolis' Peyton Manning (80.2, 6).

Since then, Rodgers has had three more cold-weather starts and his passer rating has gotten even better.

Against the New York Giants (25 degrees), he completed 25 of 37 passes for 404 yards, with four touchdowns and no interceptions, for a passer rating of 139.9.

Against the Chicago Bears (19 degrees), he completed 19 of 28 passes for 229 yards, with one touchdown and one interception, for a passer rating of 89.7.

Against the Philadelphia Eagles (30 degrees), in a wild-card playoff game, he completed 18 of 27 passes for 180 yards, with three touchdowns and no interceptions, for a passer rating of 122.5.

What cold weather games has he played since the article was written?
The NFCCG against Chicago where he admittedly struggled. 17/30, 244, 0 TD, 2 INT
Week 13 last year at NYG. 28/46, 369, 4 TD, 1 INT
Week 14 last year vs OAK. 17/30, 281, 2 TD, 1 INT
Week 15 last year at KC. 17/35, 235, 1 TD, 0 INT
Week 16 last year vs CHI. 21/29, 283, 5TD, 0 INT
Playoffs vs Giants last year. 26/46, 264 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

I will take your Rodgers cold-weather struggles and one up them with Favre's dome struggles. But of course you won't provide any data, much easier for you to throw out asinine statements.

Fosco33
12-14-2012, 08:29 AM
I think people are still sad there wasn't a corresponding 'Favre Day' as 04/04/2004

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 08:57 AM
This awesome

Zool
12-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Trolls be trollin. At least you have a teammate in this idiocy.

Patler
12-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Re-writing the original post in another perspective:

Brett Favre, A Very Selfish Player

I watched almost every game during his Packer career, and to be honest I was not really impressed with Favre most of the time. For one, he was a stat whore, who would rather throw an interception than throw the ball away; or throw an illegal forward pass well beyond the line of scrimmage rather than take a hit. The Packers achieved only a single SB victory under Favre, why?, because Favre loved his TD and yardage numbers more than protecting the football and winning the game. One thing that could have helped his TD and yardage numbers was dumping the ball off to open running backs or receivers, but he would rather attempt a rifle shot into triple coverage. You might ask, "Why? What a stupid thing to do. Why would he do that?"

I tell you why, because he was afraid the running back or short receiver was going to make a big play off his little pass. Instead Favre felt like the spotlight was more important, and he would get it by throwing the ball up field regardless how many interceptions he had thrown. Please don't worry about those horrible quick screens he threw to Bennett, Levens, Henderson and Green in his prime, or even those slants to various receivers over the years, those plays were specific to Holmgren's and Sherman's play calling. I watched most of his games as a Packer, and Favre had open dump offs and short receivers constantly, (see the video a few messages up), but he went for the glory throw time after time.

Cheesehead Craig
12-14-2012, 09:33 AM
That's awesome Patler.

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 09:38 AM

Yup. Sure thing !

A thread like this adds zero to our forum. It reminds me of what we might have observed going on between some 14 year old's at the corner store as they debated their favourite sporting hero's. Just by posting more than once on this thread makes you like one of those teens.

Freak Out
12-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Nutz got everything he wanted for 12/12/12.

KYPack
12-14-2012, 10:11 AM

Yeah, baby.

Now there is a theme for this thread that I can really dig.

I don't have a problem with this thread by the old Nutroll. He started it & if you want to skip it, you can easily do so.

The Baby Tankerbelle?

I can't stand that kid because he destroys threads with his trolling. Everybody says "ignore him, ignore him", but the sumbitch causes a lot of harm. Somebody will start a decent thread on a topic that gets a good discussion going. Then here comes Tanky with his "Favre Sherman" mantra So the thread always zooms off in that direction debating the fool and his schtick. It's not his point of view (or the point on the top of his head) that bothers me, it's the damage the goof causes.

The solution?

Ban him or re-institute the ban that is already on him.

It won't bother Tank, he's been thrown off countless Packer forums.

But it's better for PR to have this boy gone.

sharpe1027
12-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Yeah, baby.

Now there is a theme for this thread that I can really dig.

I don't have a problem with this thread by the old Nutroll. He started it & if you want to skip it, you can easily do so.

The Baby Tankerbelle?

I can't stand that kid because he destroys threads with his trolling. Everybody says "ignore him, ignore him", but the sumbitch causes a lot of harm. Somebody will start a decent thread on a topic that gets a good discussion going. Then here comes Tanky with his "Favre Sherman" mantra So the thread always zooms off in that direction debating the fool and his schtick. It's not his point of view (or the point on the top of his head) that bothers me, it's the damage the goof causes.

The solution?

Ban him or re-institute the ban that is already on him.

It won't bother Tank, he's been thrown off countless Packer forums.

But it's better for PR to have this boy gone.

For Tank, the automated ignore feature works OK; however, you still end up seeing the post when others respond to and quote it.

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 10:29 AM
The Baby Tankerbelle?

The solution?

"ignore him, ignore him"

Willpower, KY, willpower.

BTW, this thread blows, except for some of the clever comebacks. Nutz was far more interesting and insightful the past month when he wasn't posting.

RashanGary
12-14-2012, 10:56 AM
For a while I was really pissed at AR and MM for continually doing the opposite of what works. Like Nutz said, no matter how many times it works, AR has gone deep rather than go with the dump off throws. I used to think AR needs to throw more into tight places but the more I look at it, LBs are dropping into slant lanes and corners are jumping short routes. To throw quick would be asking for interception after interception. The way Masthay is punting, I just don't see that helping.

MM has committed to the run game. It didn't pay off right away, but it might now. If teams keep dropping LBs the way they have, and we can run the ball a little, it's going to be very hard to stop us.

I still think the dump offs are there to the sideline when they play man (corners with backs turned and LB's defending the short middle) and over the middle when they play zone (MLB vacating the middle of the field. It's worked when we've done it. Don't know why we haven't done it more.

Everything said, MM seems to be pulling it together. His commitment to the run game is starting to pay off. Running the ball is far better than dump offs.

Calling AR selfish. I just don't agree with that at all. Big passing numbers come out of the shotgun. AR is under center so much more this year. That's to his detriment and advantage to the run game. A risk, no doubt, with the way AR has shredded the league over the last few years, but a risk that brings balance and ultimately a team that can attack even the most pass oriented defenses. Come playoff time, against the best defenses, you can't get away with being unbalanced. Great defenses are hard enough to beat. If they can just put all their resources to stopping the pass, it becomes nearly impossible. AR has been the opposite of selfish. He's put his body and numbers at risk this year, tot he benefit of the team, not his numbers.

Overall, I don't think Nutz is crazy, just a little bent on stirring the AR love pot. AR is almost untouchable with the fans. I think he's getting at that, that AR is not without fault. I just think he went a little far. Rather than having an open mind, I think Nutz went too far left to compensate for how far right the fan base is. Ultimately, it's not a very effective way of getting a point across, but I see the point none the less.

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 11:01 AM
For a while I was really pissed at AR and MM for continually doing the opposite of what works. Like Nutz said, no matter how many times it works, AR has gone deep rather than go with the dump off throws.

A lot of those deep throws, especially off the roll outs, are one or two receiver patterns. Either the fake works, or no one is open and he typically either throws it away or runs out of bounds. On occasion, there have been underneath guys, and he's dropped it off. He's gotten better at this, but often is limited by the play call. Rodger's worst deep ball choice was on a late fourth down against the Vikings at GB in 2009: he forced it deep to Jennings when he had Driver open underneath at the first down marker. That incompletion cost the Packers a chance at a very important comeback. It happens. Even Joe Montana had shitty games, including the '87 playoffs where Walsh had to pull him.

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 11:03 AM

It's not the critique of Rodgers that riles people up, but the inconsequential, baiting, intellectually bereft nature of it.

Packgator
12-14-2012, 11:13 AM
I agree I say trade straight up to the Vikes for Ponder and a 7th round pick.

No way we get Ponder and a 7th for Rodgers. To get Ponder for Rodgers we would most likely have to throw in Cobb or Matthews (or both).

sharpe1027
12-14-2012, 11:18 AM
AR is almost untouchable with the fans. I think he's getting at that, that AR is not without fault.

Maybe with some. He's gotten plenty of critiques here. That being said, few people are going to agree with arguments suggesting that overall, he sucks and should be replaced or benched. I would not say that's an unreasonable position. I think that's probably pretty much a consensus that he doesn't suck and he should not be benched. Also, arguments that pretend to know his personal thoughts strain for credibility, at least in my opinion.

Tony Oday
12-14-2012, 11:22 AM
No way we get Ponder and a 7th for Rodgers. To get Ponder for Rodgers we would most likely have to throw in Cobb or Matthews (or both).

I say do it! Mathews is always injured and Cobb is in line to make too much money!

Fritz
12-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Christ, first Favre with his gunslinger bullshit, those interceptions, taking all those unnecessary risks. Now Rodgers with his pussy refusal to throw into a crowd, his stat-whore-ishness, his commercials, his throwing long all the time.

When will this organization ever get a real QB?

Tony Oday
12-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Christ, first Favre with his gunslinger bullshit, those interceptions, taking all those unnecessary risks. Now Rodgers with his pussy refusal to throw into a crowd, his stat-whore-ishness, his commercials, his throwing long all the time.

I know we have to give up a lot but Ponder is the shit! Maybe we can sign Vick to back him up.

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 11:26 AM
This is what I think of this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6qNpzG-jro&NR=1&feature=endscreen

MadtownPacker
12-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Nutz brings in the big ratings!!

mraynrand
12-14-2012, 01:00 PM

Rats be likin' the Drama

KYPack
12-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Nutz? Si.

Le Gand? Non!

red
12-14-2012, 01:45 PM
This is what I think of this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6qNpzG-jro&NR=1&feature=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrUkeYxUF0

LP
12-14-2012, 01:53 PM
I know we have to give up a lot but Ponder is the shit! Maybe we can sign Vick to back him up.

Fuck Vick. I say sign Cutler!

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 04:25 PM
For a while I was really pissed at AR and MM for continually doing the opposite of what works. Like Nutz said, no matter how many times it works, AR has gone deep rather than go with the dump off throws. I used to think AR needs to throw more into tight places but the more I look at it, LBs are dropping into slant lanes and corners are jumping short routes. To throw quick would be asking for interception after interception. The way Masthay is punting, I just don't see that helping.

MM has committed to the run game. It didn't pay off right away, but it might now. If teams keep dropping LBs the way they have, and we can run the ball a little, it's going to be very hard to stop us.

I still think the dump offs are there to the sideline when they play man (corners with backs turned and LB's defending the short middle) and over the middle when they play zone (MLB vacating the middle of the field. It's worked when we've done it. Don't know why we haven't done it more.

Everything said, MM seems to be pulling it together. His commitment to the run game is starting to pay off. Running the ball is far better than dump offs.

Calling AR selfish. I just don't agree with that at all. Big passing numbers come out of the shotgun. AR is under center so much more this year. That's to his detriment and advantage to the run game. A risk, no doubt, with the way AR has shredded the league over the last few years, but a risk that brings balance and ultimately a team that can attack even the most pass oriented defenses. Come playoff time, against the best defenses, you can't get away with being unbalanced. Great defenses are hard enough to beat. If they can just put all their resources to stopping the pass, it becomes nearly impossible. AR has been the opposite of selfish. He's put his body and numbers at risk this year, tot he benefit of the team, not his numbers.

Overall, I don't think Nutz is crazy, just a little bent on stirring the AR love pot. AR is almost untouchable with the fans. I think he's getting at that, that AR is not without fault. I just think he went a little far. Rather than having an open mind, I think Nutz went too far left to compensate for how far right the fan base is. Ultimately, it's not a very effective way of getting a point across, but I see the point none the less.

When you are not drinking, and fully medicated you understand me. I don't know what kind of person that makes you, but you are good people in my book.

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 04:27 PM

You are the smartest Mexican on this board.

I do what I can to help. These red necks get so fired up about their Packers, it is highly amusing!

Zool
12-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Overall, I don't think Nutz is crazy, just a little bent on stirring the AR love pot.

There's a term for this.

Goblin...no
Ogre....no that doesn't sound right either.

Help me out here people.

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 04:30 PM

ridiculous, Favre was the king of screen passes and dump offs that replaced the running game, I know this because Madden would say it over and over again.

Funny how I never brought Favre's name up in this thread. I think you all need to get over ole number 4. He is retired now, and unfortunately he is never coming back. You are all stuck with Rodgers, that is if the Packers even resign him.

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 04:41 PM
It's not the critique of Rodgers that riles people up, but the inconsequential, baiting, intellectually bereft nature of it.

and ....... you'd never resort to such.

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 04:47 PM
To: Originally Posted by JustinHarrell

Overall, I don't think Nutz is crazy, just a little bent on stirring the AR love pot. J H

There's a term for this.

Goblin...no

Help me out here people.

'witch' ? ..... NO! ....

Nutz is over the top too macho for that. Nutz is too respected; and I suggest simply pissed at Packer fans with the blinders on.

LP
12-14-2012, 06:20 PM
There's a term for this.

Goblin...no

Help me out here people.

One of those little people who hang out under bridges, right?

mmmdk
12-14-2012, 06:20 PM
I think people are still sad there wasn't a corresponding 'Favre Day' as 04/04/2004

Favre retired that day, right!? :rs:

MadtownPacker
12-14-2012, 06:23 PM
You are the smartest Mexican on this board.

I do what I can to help. These red necks get so fired up about their Packers, it is highly amusing!
Cool, I'm smarter than Mission. :lol:

Fricking Packerfan!! We think we gonna win the Super Bowl every season huh?

Joemailman
12-14-2012, 06:37 PM
There's a term for this.

Goblin...no

Help me out here people.

Rhymes with asshole.

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Cool, I'm smarter than Mission. :lol:

Fricking Packerfan!! We think we gonna win the Super Bowl every season huh?

There is 'only 'one team in the NFL...really !

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/378371_219211061540916_1040036837_n.jpg

and this LADY agrees:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/68367_411103435627926_1864527699_n.jpg

Patler
12-14-2012, 07:20 PM
ridiculous, Favre was the king of screen passes and dump offs that replaced the running game, I know this because Madden would say it over and over again.

Funny how I never brought Favre's name up in this thread. I think you all need to get over ole number 4. He is retired now, and unfortunately he is never coming back. You are all stuck with Rodgers, that is if the Packers even resign him.

I can't tell if you are being naive, obtuse or just intentionally ornery. So what if you did or didn't mention Favre? My post clearly wasn't a criticism of Favre, or a comparison of Favre and Rodgers. It was a parody of your ill-reasoned rant. I needed a similarly well-known athlete, and for Packer fans, Favre is the obvious choice.

It seems to me you are the one who needs to get over Favre. He was not the player and is not the man you apparently believed him to be.

For many years, I was very content with Starr, but there came a time when the team needed to move on. I never wished for his return, nor lamented his departure. I certainly didn't vilify his successors because of how much I had enjoyed him.

For many years, I was very content with Favre, but there came a time when the team needed to move on. I don't wish for his return, nor lamented his departure. I certainly didn't vilify Rodgers because of how much I had enjoyed Favre.

Why does it bother you so much that Rodgers has achieved a high level of success? Your absurd rant(s) attributing things to him that have no basis in fact smack of "jealousy".

woodbuck27
12-14-2012, 07:47 PM
I can't tell if you are being naive, obtuse or just intentionally ornery. So what if you did or didn't mention Favre? My post clearly wasn't a criticism of Favre, or a comparison of Favre and Rodgers. It was a parody of your ill-reasoned rant. I needed a similarly well-known athlete, and for Packer fans, Favre is the obvious choice.

It seems to me you are the one who needs to get over Favre. He was not the player and is not the man you apparently believed him to be.

For many years, I was very content with Starr, but there came a time when the team needed to move on. I never wished for his return, nor lamented his departure. I certainly didn't vilify his successors because of how much I had enjoyed him.

For many years, I was very content with Favre, but there came a time when the team needed to move on. I don't wish for his return, nor lamented his departure. I certainly didn't vilify Rodgers because of how much I had enjoyed Favre.

Why does it bother you so much that Rodgers has achieved a high level of success? Your absurd rant(s) attributing things to him that have no basis in fact smack of "jealousy".

Your willing to engage in this CRAP argument when there's so much more important things 'of real importance' to discuss here!??

We have a huge game with the BEARS coming up and a number two seed position to attain Patler.

Come back to 'the who's best Favre or Rodgers BS argument' in about ten years time, when there might be such a valid argument.

Is common sense a definition of the word jealousy?

RashanGary
12-15-2012, 12:20 AM

We have been cursed the last 20 years.

Pugger
12-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Fuck Vick. I say sign Cutler!

Oh no, sign Gabbert or better yet Mark Sanchez!

Deputy Nutz
12-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Happy 12/12/12 day.

Rutnstrut
12-16-2012, 08:54 AM
I agree that Rodgers is a stat whore and over rated, I have said this on here a lot lately. But all the Rodgers whores on here whine and bitch how he is the best. I'm not saying he isn't good, because he is. But he is far from the best, of course it could be worse. We could have Cutler;)

Bossman641
12-16-2012, 11:52 AM
I agree that Rodgers is a stat whore and over rated, I have said this on here a lot lately. But all the Rodgers whores on here whine and bitch how he is the best. I'm not saying he isn't good, because he is. But he is far from the best, of course it could be worse. We could have Cutler;)

What exactly does a stat whore mean? He likes throwing TD's?

pbmax
12-16-2012, 11:55 AM

It doesn't mean anything. Its the trolling of the successful.

MadtownPacker
12-16-2012, 12:29 PM
I feel it means ARod likes to have big numbers. I guess I'm a stat whore too.