PDA

View Full Version : school shooting in conn

red
12-14-2012, 01:04 PM
this is just horrible

http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-school-district-locked-down-shooting-report-151955384--abc-news-topstories.html

fucking little kids for christ sakes

Oscar
12-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Was just reading about this Red. I'm a custodian at an elementary school. What a messed up world we live in..

red
12-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Was just reading about this Red. I'm a custodian at an elementary school. What a messed up world we live in..

i couldn't imagine being a little kid having to grow up in this world. i was already in college when columbine happened, and you barely heard about this type of stuff before that. getting shot at school was never something that even crossed our mind back then

Oscar
12-14-2012, 01:25 PM
It's almost an everyday thing anymore. We have "intruder" drills on a regular basis at our school. But, those drills focus on what to do once someone is already in the building. Gettin in a school is gonna be like going into a maximum security prison before long.

Patler
12-14-2012, 02:33 PM
i couldn't imagine being a little kid having to grow up in this world. i was already in college when columbine happened, and you barely heard about this type of stuff before that. getting shot at school was never something that even crossed our mind back then

To some extent, that may have been because you were young and didn't pay that much attention to it. But I do agree that it is more common now.

The earliest one I remember to this day is Whitman at the University of Texas, who killed about 20 shooting from the tower on campus. It is the first one I remember getting a lot of national news coverage. Quite frankly, before that TV and radio news was either local, or related to the federal government. Local stories didn't get national coverage very often. Quite often you didn't hear about local stories from other parts of the country until US News, Newsweek or Time reported them. Even the bigger newspapers didn't always carry much in the way of local based stories having national interest. USA Today changed a lot of that.

Cheesehead Craig
12-14-2012, 03:29 PM

I grew up with tornado and fire drills in school as the worst case scenario. What the hell has happened to our society? How did we get here?

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 04:42 PM
I am sick to my stomach. I hate our society more and more everyday. I very rarely pray, but tonight I will say a prayer to those poor defenseless children and their parents, and also a thank you that it wasn't my kids.

Sometimes I think the Skinbasket has the right idea.

George Cumby
12-14-2012, 06:43 PM
I just about puked when I read the first story.

Kindergarteners for God's sake. I'm tearing up right now.

What the fuck.

GrnBay007
12-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Just unbelievable !!

Hard to even comprehend how someone could do something like that. Prayers to the families.

Also prayers to those that witnessed it and survived. Can you imagine the trauma at such a young age?

Old School
12-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I spent the day in tears hearing the news. Sunday I'll be celebrating my granddaughters 6th birthday. They just had a case in Waukesha of a nut with a gun in her neighborhood was threatening to kill people while she was on her way to school with a group of kids. Thank God they're all safe. Sadly some pea brained judge let him out on bail, and now they don't know where he is.

It got me thinking that the union goons from Michigan who are so big on violence should go to Conn. and chant, "This is what a Godless society looks like."

Tarlam!
12-15-2012, 02:12 PM
I was so sorry and devastated. I have no words. I want to express my deepest sympathy to the families of the victims, I have spent all day watching CNN. I simply do not understand this. I am lamed with shock. It is just so awful. Honestly, I am in complete mourning. These poor babies. I feel so helpless.

Poor babies; go to God now, babies. Take your places in heaven. I never met you, but, I cry for you and I pray for your loved ones.

Freak Out
12-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I spent the day in tears hearing the news. Sunday I'll be celebrating my granddaughters 6th birthday. They just had a case in Waukesha of a nut with a gun in her neighborhood was threatening to kill people while she was on her way to school with a group of kids. Thank God they're all safe. Sadly some pea brained judge let him out on bail, and now they don't know where he is.

It got me thinking that the union goons from Michigan who are so big on violence should go to Conn. and chant, "This is what a Godless society looks like."

Unions and atheists are to blame.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 04:36 PM
It's almost an everyday thing anymore. We have "intruder" drills on a regular basis at our school. But, those drills focus on what to do once someone is already in the building. Gettin in a school is gonna be like going into a maximum security prison before long.

I hope that your correct.

This terrible story deeply saddened me and my Lady. I mean it really bothered us. So much pain for what?

What will the authorities come up with as a very probable reason?

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 04:38 PM
I am sick to my stomach. I hate our society more and more everyday. I very rarely pray, but tonight I will say a prayer to those poor defenseless children and their parents, and also a thank you that it wasn't my kids.

Sometimes I think the Skinbasket has the right idea.

Deputy ! Count your blessings.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 04:48 PM
I was so sorry and devastated. I have no words. I want to express my deepest sympathy to the families of the victims, I have spent all day watching CNN. I simply do not understand this. I am lamed with shock. It is just so awful. Honestly, I am in complete mourning. These poor babies. I feel so helpless.

Poor babies; go to God now, babies. Take your places in heaven. I never met you, but, I cry for you and I pray for your loved ones.

I really feel your post man.

No news ever disturbed me like that news. I was days getting over the initial shock and pain knowing I live so close to such, unimaginal before this, utter horror.

I don't want to appear naive. I hope that those with the POWER to do something for the safety of school children act with all resolve to do so. That actions will be taken to ensure that no such horror happens again.

swede
12-22-2012, 05:16 PM
I moved this post to the FYI thread.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-26-2012, 09:30 PM
God be with the families who are dealing with this. Truly a horrific act.