PDA

View Full Version : 'Super' Mario to Texans?

Fosco33
04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/04/10/williams.texans.ap/index.html

Are the Texans serious about passing over Young, Leinert and Bush to take Mario? According to ESPN, the Texans were ready to begin negotitations. Are they just trying to lower Bush's price?

Owner Bob McNair said that Williams could have as much an impact on D as Bush could on Offense. Bush would obviously sell more tickets and create more buzz - but...

Consider the facts: Look at their division... AFC South. The Texans also have one of the worst defenses in the league and have to face Indy twice a year.

How would this shake the draft? The Saints don't want Bush, they don't want a QB, and they'd be willing to trade down.

Thoughts?

HarveyWallbangers
04-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Where did you read the Texans have begun negotiations with Mario Williams? I had read that they had begun negotiations with Reggie Bush. All teams have visits. This just keeps them aware of their options should some team offer them the moon for Bush.

HarveyWallbangers
04-12-2006, 04:52 PM
He's visiting New Orleans next.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-arioilliamsisitithai&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

ND72
04-12-2006, 04:54 PM
i heard that too that the Texans would begin Negotiations with Bush, Young, and Williams, which is their right at the #1 pick.

Fosco33
04-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Where did you read the Texans have begun negotiations with Mario Williams? I had read that they had begun negotiations with Reggie Bush. All teams have visits. This just keeps them aware of their options should some team offer them the moon for Bush.

Heard it on Around The Horn today.

b bulldog
04-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Although they may be actually saying this I think it is a load of ..... I still say he goes no higher than 4. The Saints will take Liny or trade out of the 2 spot.

ND72
04-12-2006, 08:52 PM
I think the saints will take Fergy or trade down and take fergy. all though, if they stay at 2...almost gotta assume Mario has to be the guy there. but i donno. they don't NEED him, Smith and Grant are both good and people to build with. If the saints don't trade back, i think that is the only way Mario DOESN'T make it to #5.

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I think the saints will take Fergy or trade down and take fergy. all though, if they stay at 2...almost gotta assume Mario has to be the guy there. but i donno. they don't NEED him, Smith and Grant are both good and people to build with. If the saints don't trade back, i think that is the only way Mario DOESN'T make it to #5.

The ESPN guy Todd McShay sp ? said deep down the Jets really want Ferguson. On ESPN radio he didn't feel like there was any way they trade up and had Mario going to NO. Then a debate amongst the Titans coaches and GM/scouts. Coaches prefer Leinart and scouts want Young.

ND72
04-12-2006, 09:19 PM
crazy...and it's only going to get more crazy next week, and more the week after.

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
crazy...and it's only going to get more crazy next week, and more the week after.

Yes it is; did I read you are going to the draft party at Lambeau ? I'm debating. The bad part is GB picks so early and the party closes around end of round.

ND72
04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
I was thinking about it...but my buddy, whom i'm going to try to get on here next week, has a 105 inch HDTV Home Theatre....yeah...it's that good. and he has theatre seats, and a popcorn maker...we're actually going to set up our own mock draft that morning in his basement with some white boards, etc. we're geeks, but this is our 4th annual draft day party, and we love it. the women leave for the weekend and we do it up.

Rastak
04-12-2006, 09:43 PM

Have no fear, they won't take him number one....no way...

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2006, 09:45 PM
If Bush doesn't go number one I will eat one piece of cat poop, then a steak.

woodbuck27
04-12-2006, 09:53 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2006_swimsuit/athletes/

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 09:54 PM
I was thinking about it...but my buddy, whom i'm going to try to get on here next week, has a 105 inch HDTV Home Theatre....yeah...it's that good. and he has theatre seats, and a popcorn maker...we're actually going to set up our own mock draft that morning in his basement with some white boards, etc. we're geeks, but this is our 4th annual draft day party, and we love it. the women leave for the weekend and we do it up.

THAT IS AWESOME; good thing I'm not in the area or I'd crash the party with my own draft board as well.

Cheers,
B

BENZITO
04-13-2006, 12:31 AM
I don't think the Texans want to deal with the fans if they would pass up Reggie Bush. People hear keep bitching about the lack of moves that TT is doing just imagine the disaster the Texans would have to deal with no taking Bush the obvious number one.

Kiwon
04-13-2006, 02:45 AM
I think the Texans would be crazy to pass on Bush. At a minimum, besides putting people in the stands, his popularity will help extend first year HC Gary Kubiak's honeymoon with the Texans' fans by at least a year.

Fosco33
04-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Bump.

This doesn't seem so much of a joke as it did a week ago - wonder how it'll turn out next week :wink:

I love this stuff.

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 08:47 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/04/10/williams.texans.ap/index.html

Are the Texans serious about passing over Young, Leinert and Bush to take Mario? According to ESPN, the Texans were ready to begin negotitations. Are they just trying to lower Bush's price?

Owner Bob McNair said that Williams could have as much an impact on D as Bush could on Offense. Bush would obviously sell more tickets and create more buzz - but...

Consider the facts: Look at their division... AFC South. The Texans also have one of the worst defenses in the league and have to face Indy twice a year.

How would this shake the draft? The Saints don't want Bush, they don't want a QB, and they'd be willing to trade down.

Thoughts?

I bet Carr's just sittng around thinking he's gonna spend another season on his ass in the backfield. At first, I thought there was a bit of a popularity battle between Bush and Young after the Rose Bowl. Never heard of them considering Mario.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Bush scares the dickens out of me. He is one injury away from being a colossal flop and with the number of touches he'll see in the Nfl, who knows how his slight frame will hold up.

Fosco33
04-28-2006, 09:52 PM

Thoughts?

I don't want to toot my own horn here but no one else would... :lol:

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 09:54 PM
TOOOT!

Nice job.

Fosco33
04-28-2006, 10:09 PM

Meow

imscott72
04-28-2006, 10:20 PM

I want video of this!!! Lmfao!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 10:22 PM
That's going to be sweet!

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Fos, that's wonderful.

Bretsky
04-28-2006, 10:49 PM

WHO IS PROVIDING THE CAT POOP ?????????????????????????

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm sure we'll have a multitude of donors along any moment now. I can only offer dog--and lots of it!

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm sure we'll have a multitude of donors along any moment now. I can only offer dog--and lots of it!
Bump for Nutz.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Bump for Nutz.

If he doesn't pay up, then he's lumped in with Tank as a welcher of bets.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Once they dry out in the literbox they aint to bad.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 01:18 PM

Hey, no watered down beef jerky version of a cat turd. Man up and scarf down a steamy fresh pile.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 01:23 PM

Hey, no watered down beef jerky version of a cat turd. Man up and scarf down a steamy fresh pile.

Where's Skin?

MJZiggy
04-29-2006, 09:53 PM

Where's Skin?

I found the one he'd post, but I just can't bring myself to do it.