PDA

View Full Version : Packer Training Camp Updates

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Training Camp Updates

Monday, August 21, 2006

Rodgers ends practice with interception in 2-minute drill
Practice ended on a down note for No. 2 offense.

In a 2-minute drill, an Aaron Rodgers pass intended for Marc Boerigter was intercepted by cornerback Jerron Wishom in the end zone. Rodgers did not look sharp on the series. In addition to the interception, he also threw several incomplete passes that were off the mark.

-- Mike Vandermause, sports editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette

Carrol, Gardner get into fight; Rayner misses 39-yard field goal

Cornerback Ahmad Carroll and receiver Rod Gardner got into a heated fight Monday afternoon during a two-minute drill. The players exchanged words and then Carroll grabbed Gardner by the facemask and pulled him to the ground, where the two had to be separated by teammates. Carroll continued to kick after the two players were separated. In the aftermath of the fray as Gardner started walking toward Carroll, Coach Mike McCarthy then stepped in to separate the players.

Kicker Dave Rayner missed a 39-yard field goal wide left with 5 seconds remaining in the two-minute drill.

DE Kampman not at practice and Cole almost picks off Favre

Defensive end Aaron Kampman did not participate in Monday afternoon’s practice. Kampman hasn’t been suffering from injuries, so it wasn’t clear why he didn’t practice.

** Colin Cole nearly picked off a Brett Favre pass during 11-on-11 team drills. Favre’s pass was batted up in the air at the line of scrimmage and Cole bobbled it before letting it drop it to the ground.

** Receiver Marc Boerigter dropped two passes during practice – one during 11-on-11 team drills and one during 7-on-7 drills.

** Receiver Greg Jennings made another nice catch later in Monday’s practice – this one in traffic from Brett Favre.

Gado takes snaps at fullback; Jennings impressive and
Highlights from 11-on-11 team drills Monday included:

** Samkon Gado taking snaps at fullback. Vonta Leach is the backup fullback behind injured William Henderson, but on Monday Gado appeared to take more snaps at the position than Leach.

** Linebacker Ben Taylor made an impressive interception of a Brett Favre pass along the sidelines. The pass was intended for Bubba Franks.

** Rookie receiver Greg Jennings continues to look impressive. He made a nice juggling catch between two defenders near the sidelines and stayed inbounds.

-- Rob Demovsky, reporter, Mike Vandermause, sports editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette

GO PACK GO ! FAN FAITH !!

Joemailman
08-21-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm amazed that Boe is still on the team. He's shown nothing all summer. Gado working out at fullback could mean the McCarthy is considering with 4RB/1FB.

BallHawk
08-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Observations:

1. Carroll, Shut the F*ck up and do your job. I'm sick of hearing this shit from him. You are not a Pro-Bowler, you are a just an ordinary cornerback. So if I were you, I'd shut the f*ck up start doing my job.

2. Jennings always comes up, he is just that good. I'm in love.

3. Boegriter is trash, he is the one guy who is a 100% cut. He hasn't proven anything.

4. I'm nervous about Rayner, I'd like to bring in Edinger again.

5. RB-Green, Davenport, Beach
FB-Henderson, Gado.
I would like it.

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Observations:

1. Carroll, Shut the F*ck up and do your job. I'm sick of hearing this shit from him. You are not a Pro-Bowler, you are a just an ordinary cornerback. So if I were you, I'd shut the f*ck up start doing my job.

2. Jennings always comes up, he is just that good. I'm in love.

3. Boegriter is trash, he is the one guy who is a 100% cut. He hasn't proven anything.

4. I'm nervous about Rayner, I'd like to bring in Edinger again.

5. RB-Green, Davenport, Beach
FB-Henderson, Gado.
I would like it.

Very difficult at RB/FB today with henderson going down for ???? and the emergence of Arliss Beach on Saturday.

The Atlanta Falcons were done when Arliss Beach came back.They were cut sliced and over cooked. Let's see how he does against a real Defence this weekend. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS !! FAITH in 2006 !!

BallHawk
08-21-2006, 09:24 PM
I have a personal Vendetta against Noah Herron. Do not ask why, I just do not like him.

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 09:32 PM
I have a personal Vendetta against Noah Herron. Do not ask why, I just do not like him.

Did he steal your mail or something really serious? Can't wait for the response BallHawk. :mrgreen:

PACKERS ! ONE GAME AT A TIME !!

BallHawk
08-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Honestly?

I had a dream he broke into my house and tried to kill me.

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Observations:

Well until he starts getting repremanded by the team for his little outbursts, it is a clear sign that the Packers are willing to put up with. Last time I checked you didn't need to be a Pro-bowler to get in a fight at practice, otherwise neither of these two would have been duking it out. I like Carroll's toughness, and I never once heard Carroll brag about how damn good he is. He isn't overly brash or cocky when speaking about himself at least to the media. He has the personality that corners in this league need to have, thats the bottom line regardless how good or how bad they are.

justanotherpackfan
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm nervous about Rayner, I'd like to bring in Edinger again.
Nooooo, anybody but Edinger, I hate the thing he does where he turns around.

Packnut
08-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Observations:

Well until he starts getting repremanded by the team for his little outbursts, it is a clear sign that the Packers are willing to put up with. Last time I checked you didn't need to be a Pro-bowler to get in a fight at practice, otherwise neither of these two would have been duking it out. I like Carroll's toughness, and I never once heard Carroll brag about how damn good he is. He isn't overly brash or cocky when speaking about himself at least to the media. He has the personality that corners in this league need to have, thats the bottom line regardless how good or how bad they are.

Yeah fights are common among guys in pre-season.

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Honestly?

Well then - Noah's got to be CUT !! NO excuse for that !!! :mrgreen: X 10

GrnBay007
08-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Honestly?

You obviously forgot to sign up for the Noah Herron fan club last winter!!!!! :shock:

woodbuck27
08-21-2006, 09:50 PM
RE Ahmad Carroll:

" He isn't overly brash or cocky when speaking about himself at least to the media " Deputy Nutz

Then . . you understand him Deputy !!

GO PACK GO ! FAN FAITH FOR 2006 !!