PDA

View Full Version : Packers seem to be finished with Finley

Jimx29
12-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Can't happen soon enough (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-seem-to-be-finished-with-finley-v081e07-183664521.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&ipad=y)

Joemailman
12-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Five years in, and he still talks about not having chemistry with Rodgers. It doesn't seem to be a problem with anyone else who has gotten the amount of playing time he has. On a team that has overcome tons of adversity instead of making excuses, he offers mostly excuses. Rodgers justifiably has lost confidence to go to him in key situations. It's time to come up with someone who may not have Finley's talent, but who can be counted on to block and catch the damn ball when it's thrown to him.

red
12-15-2012, 11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE

MadScientist
12-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Who is leaking this to reporters? I have no problem with the Packers dumping Finley, but having this come out now is strange and at first glance does not seem to be in the best interests of the club.

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Can't happen soon enough (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-seem-to-be-finished-with-finley-v081e07-183664521.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&ipad=y)

Now I get why it takes forever for Packer players to come back from injuries. They can't even handle words.

The "Me-so-sensitive" E-Rod stops throwing to J-Mike b/c J-Mike's agent a-hurt Rodgers feelings with some tweets. The coaches and front office are looking to get rid of J-Mike b/c their feelings are a-hurting every time J-Mike speaks his mind.

J-Mike gets open a dozen times a game. Rodgers needs to stop holding the ball forever and throw J-Mike the fucking ball!

Don't be surprised to see J-Mike stick it to the Packers in 2013 in a Bear uniform, a la that awesome gunslinger in 2009 in purple....twice.

mraynrand
12-16-2012, 07:40 AM
The "Me-so-sensitive" E-Rod stops throwing to J-Mike b/c J-Mike's agent a-hurt Rodgers feelings with some tweets. The coaches and front office are looking to get rid of J-Mike b/c their feelings are a-hurting every time J-Mike speaks his mind.

Although I agree that they are probably way too sensitive about these little kerfuffles, the Packers will decide on Finley overwhelmingly based on on-the-field performance, or lack thereof.

sheepshead
12-16-2012, 08:02 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3KPUU4nh6WA/TRTBbs1CUtI/AAAAAAAAAVQ/dhYBm3NQ5gg/s1600/tbuck04.JPG

red
12-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Who is leaking this to reporters? I have no problem with the Packers dumping Finley, but having this come out now is strange and at first glance does not seem to be in the best interests of the club.

agreed, its nice to know that those of us that have been thinking this aren't crazy and all, but.....

whoever leaked this and just cost us draft picks needs to be fired. not to mention, finley is now gonna be pouting and even more worthless then normal now

and if it was finley or his agent that leaked it?

conduct detrimental to the team, starting today. go home for the rest of the season, and do no collect your paycheck as you pass GO

Bretsky
12-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Now I get why it takes forever for Packer players to come back from injuries. They can't even handle words.

J-Mike gets open a dozen times a game. Rodgers needs to stop holding the ball forever and throw J-Mike the fucking ball!

Don't be surprised to see J-Mike stick it to the Packers in 2013 in a Bear uniform, a la that awesome gunslinger in 2009 in purple....twice.

I hardly ever respond to you because I find your generalizatoins lacking evidence to support your claims but this one goes over the top...and obviously lacks evidence for support.

How many passes has Finley dropped this year ? Could that be a reason MM and Rodgers don't trust the guy a lot ?
Who is the starter leading the NFL right now for percentage of drops as opposed to passes thrown to him ? Think that could be relevant to why he's out of a game plan ?
A dozen times a game ? Rewatch a few of these. He's often chipping a blocker and sometimes doesn't get out to his route soon enough to even be considered.
You could argue he's being used wrong but the dozen times a game is another senseless generalization.

In case you weren't paying attention this week Finley has already lipped off to the Bears this week. He noted Urlacher was losing it.
Then he noted that the Bears D is probably just as good without him.
Then the statistics proved him wrong her NFL Network and the logical ones looked at the stats and considered his statments lacking merit

You and JFinley

Joemailman
12-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Drops aren't the only issue with Finley. I think his route running is what has made Rodgers lose confidence in him. A drop means an incomplete pass. A bad route can mean an INT, especially if thrown very far downfield.

swede
12-16-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't know. Sports "journalists" are held to less of a standard than the other purveyors of realistic fiction that pull a paycheck for making people pick up papers and look at the little letters. McGinn starts with a qauzy attribution to a team "official" and then writes the article based on badmouthing from his usual network of unnamed sources.

McGinn is a good writer in the same way that Hulk Hogan is a good wrestler.

I don't want Lori Nickels either, but McGinn is playing with matches and then reporting on the fire.

pbmax
12-16-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't know. Sports "journalists" are held to less of a standard than the other purveyors of realistic fiction that pull a paycheck for making people pick up papers and look at the little letters. McGinn starts with a qauzy attribution to a team "official" and then writes the article based on badmouthing from his usual network of unnamed sources.

I don't want Lori Nickels either, but McGinn is playing with matches and then reporting on the fire.

Bob's usual MO in dropping a bombshell article is to have a good source and then reach the maximum possible conclusion. Tailor made for a head line that will light up sales, I mean web traffic.

However, he has far more resources than just players and agents who are the sources for most reporters. If he is parroting something Baratz told him, and thus agitating for Finley's ouster with his rep, it would be a pretty marked departure from form.

But you never know.

MadtownPacker
12-16-2012, 09:12 AM

Don't be surprised to see J-Mike stick it to the Packers in 2013 in a Bear uniform, a la that awesome gunslinger in 2009 in purple....twice.If you fuck up one more thread with your trolling tactics I am going to send you packing with Finley and his bitch agent. I have a high tolerance for you because I deal with idiots on a daily basis here in Cali. But that doesn't mean everyone on this forum wants to put up with your bullshit, in fact most don't. So get your fucking head right (I bet you wont) or see it put on a spike on the PackerRats fence like all your other accounts.

Consider this your final warning little buddy.

rbaloha1
12-16-2012, 09:25 AM
agreed, its nice to know that those of us that have been thinking this aren't crazy and all, but.....

whoever leaked this and just cost us draft picks needs to be fired. not to mention, finley is now gonna be pouting and even more worthless then normal now

conduct detrimental to the team, starting today. go home for the rest of the season, and do no collect your paycheck as you pass GO

Good points.

Shall be interesting if Finley tries to prove he is worth the $ or caves-in.

Good article. Clearly articulates what Packer fans already know.

Patler
12-16-2012, 09:31 AM
McGinn starts with a qauzy attribution to a team "official" and then writes the article based on badmouthing from his usual network of unnamed sources.

Actually, he doesn't attribute it to a team official. What he wrote was:

Sources familiar with the Packers' thinking say the club not only wants to get rid of Finley but has decided to do exactly that in the off-season.

The "sources familiar with the Packers' thinking" could be the very scouts and agents that he usually gathers info from. It doesn't take an awful lot of insight to assume the Packers won't want to pay Finley $8+ million next year when there are more deserving players to sign. A casual comment from a coach, trainer, etc. and the story starts.

We all suspected as much anyway, didn't we? It seemed pretty clear that the two year contract was really a one year last ditch effort to make him into something worth a big contract. If it worked, they would renegotiate a long term deal this off season. If not, he would be gone, more than likely.

Pugger
12-16-2012, 09:36 AM
I really suspect the timing of this little report. I doubt it came from anybody near the top. I can't imagine TT or MM letting something like this known just a couple of days before the most important game of the season so I'm not buying it.

Patler
12-16-2012, 09:40 AM
I really suspect the timing of this little report. I doubt it came from anybody near the top. I can't imagine TT or MM letting something like this known just a couple of days before the most important game of the season so I'm not buying it.

I doubt that the "sources familiar with the Packers' thinking" that he refers to are even Packer employees. If they were, he would likely imply such more directly.

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 09:40 AM
I hardly ever respond to you because I find your generalizatoins lacking evidence to support your claims but this one goes over the top...and obviously lacks evidence for support.

How many passes has Finley dropped this year ? Could that be a reason MM and Rodgers don't trust the guy a lot ?
Who is the starter leading the NFL right now for percentage of drops as opposed to passes thrown to him ? Think that could be relevant to why he's out of a game plan ?
A dozen times a game ? Rewatch a few of these. He's often chipping a blocker and sometimes doesn't get out to his route soon enough to even be considered.
You could argue he's being used wrong but the dozen times a game is another senseless generalization.

In case you weren't paying attention this week Finley has already lipped off to the Bears this week. He noted Urlacher was losing it.
Then he noted that the Bears D is probably just as good without him.
Then the statistics proved him wrong her NFL Network and the logical ones looked at the stats and considered his statments lacking merit

You and JFinley

Ok, maybe not a dozen times a game. But Finley knows how to get open. I've seen J-Mike WIDE OPEN plenty of a time only to see Rodgers target someone else or inflate opposing teams' sack total by holding the ball longer than it takes Bob Dole to play a round of golf.

The drops? No big deal. Nelson drops the ball almost as much as Finley and I don't see Rodgers ignoring Nelson like the plague.

Not trying to turn this into a Favre debate, but the awesome gunslinger loved throwing the tight ends. TEs are mostly obsolete under Rodgers. J-Mike would be having a great season statistically with Favre throwing him the ball.

Trash talk with the downtrodden Bears? No big deal. Its like two boxers engaging in a good ole war of words prior to their match to hype things up.

KYPack
12-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah, Patler.

"Sources familiar with the Packers' thinking" could be a fortune teller in Kaukauna.

Finley is still a hog.

If he knows he's in a good coverage and he's the initial receiver, he rounds his routes. That's bc he's in a hurry to get the ball. Watch Gronk or Gonzales, they run precise routes right on the beat. The Fin has improved some of his little things. I've seen him make great blocks and chip perfectly this year. He also is a fuck-up, If his assignment is to chip and roll to the flat, he blows off the chip to get in position to be a receiver.

He's lost the great speed he had as a kid.

He's a good hand, he'll get good pay from somebody, but he'll never sniff a huge contract again.

MadtownPacker
12-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Ok, maybe not a dozen times a game. But Finley knows how to get open. I've seen J-Mike WIDE OPEN plenty of a time only to see Rodgers target someone else or inflate opposing teams' sack total by holding the ball longer than it takes Bob Dole to play a round of golf.

The drops? No big deal. Nelson drops the ball almost as much as Finley and I don't see Rodgers ignoring Nelson like the plague.

Not trying to turn this into a Favre debate, but the awesome gunslinger loved throwing the tight ends. TEs are mostly obsolete under Rodgers. J-Mike would be having a great season statistically with Favre throwing him the ball.

Trash talk with the downtrodden Bears? No big deal. Its like two boxers engaging in a good ole war of words prior to their match to hype things up.This is not true. In 2009 and 2010 before finley got hurt it seemed like the whole offense was about him. In fact I recall many complaining about Rodgers going to Finley too much in 2010. Then he got hurt and ARod starting spreading the ball around. Then the Pack won the SB. Then finley felt the need to prove himself and something got in his head and he started dropping everything. He also started played like he was worried about getting hurt again (he has been better about that as of late). So now his QB has no faith in him and he only has himself and his mouth to blame for getting phased out of the offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMRlpeeOH6M

Joemailman
12-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't denigrate McGinn's sources too much. Every year he's one of the best at predicting how the 1st round of the NFL draft will go. It's not because he's smarter than everyone else. It's because he has better sources.

Smeefers
12-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I've been a pretty strong supporter of Finely, but I can't imagine the packers are going to keep him. I don't give a damn about his mouth, it's the play on the field and that has been severely lacking. Eventually you can't just keep going with potential. I know we got him young, and some might try to attribute his troubles to that, but I really just don't think he's a system fit. He could do well with a QB who takes a lot of chances. I could see him doing very well with someone who would just toss the ball up to him and let him make a play. The pack's offense is all timing, a well oiled machine and that just doesn't play to Finely's strengths. He DOES have strengths though. If he goes somewhere where the offense is a little more chaotic and where he'd be a better option, I could see him coming back to form with a vengeance. With the packers though, that's just not going to happen.

red
12-16-2012, 09:57 AM
If you fuck up one more thread with your trolling tactics I am going to send you packing with Finley and his bitch agent. I have a high tolerance for you because I deal with idiots on a daily basis here in Cali. But that doesn't mean everyone on this forum wants to put up with your bullshit, in fact most don't. So get your fucking head right (I bet you wont) or see it put on a spike on the PackerRats fence like all your other accounts.

Consider this your final warning little buddy.

i tried to give you positive rep for that, but it told me i had to rep a bunch of other people first

so screw you

red
12-16-2012, 10:00 AM
"Sources familiar with the Packers' thinking" could be a fortune teller in Kaukauna.

i'm a "source" who is "familiar" with the "packers"

so are you, so are all of us on here

hmmmm

i could have given him this scoop about 4 months ago

MadtownPacker
12-16-2012, 10:01 AM
i tried to give you positive rep for that, but it told me i had to rep a bunch of other people first

so screw you

We have a spike waiting for you too.

George Cumby
12-16-2012, 10:02 AM
#1: No surprise.

#2: Finley has underperformed his contract.

#3: I don't believe the Pack are "sensitive". They believe in solidarity and taking care of shit in-house. Which dipshit and his agent are clearly incapable of doing.

#4: Good riddance.

KYPack
12-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Wow.

Two Fin threads rolling at the same time.

As Mad and others are saying, JFin ain't doing what he got paid for. He's not a difference maker. Oh, he'll make a play here and there. But nobody is scheming for him anymore. They are throwing their coverages out there and covering him with a safety or an LB. A couple years ago, Tampa jacked up their T2 coverage because Fin was on the field. Nobody needs to do shit like that now.

Regular defenses cover him fine, or he'll screw himself up with drops or bad routes.

Pugger
12-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Finley might not be the sharpest tool in the knife drawer but he is not the locker room cancer that TO is.

MadtownPacker
12-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Finley might not be the sharpest tool in the knife drawer but he is not the locker room cancer that TO is.
Do we really know that for sure? We have seen his negative public comments on twitter (basically calling out ARod and M3). What has/does he say behind closed doors? I have to believe he is even worse.

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 10:16 AM
This is not true. In 2009 and 2010 before finley got hurt it seemed like the whole offense was about him. In fact I recall many complaining about Rodgers going to Finley too much in 2010. Then he got hurt and ARod starting spreading the ball around. Then the Pack won the SB. Then finley felt the need to prove himself and something got in his head and he started dropping everything. He also started played like he was worried about getting hurt again (he has been better about that as of late). So now his QB has no faith in him and he only has himself and his mouth to blame for getting phased out of the offense.

Yet today two shells/cover 2 defenses are giving the Packer offense fits. I bet throwing to J-Mike over the middle more often would make the offense a little better. J-Mike has the ability to stretch the field over the middle.

Tony Oday
12-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Having ability and potential got him the contract, production would have let him keep the contract. Mouth, rounded routes and drops doomed this kid, he is not a $8 million guy, use that money on producers the Packers arent the federal government they need to pay producers.

Joemailman
12-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Yet today two shells/cover 2 defenses are giving the Packer offense fits. I bet throwing to J-Mike over the middle more often would make the offense a litter better. J-Mike has the ability to stretch the field over the middle.

Or....maybe Finley's lack of production over the middle has allowed teams to stay in Cover 2 all year.

MadtownPacker
12-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Yet today two shell/cover 2 defenses are giving the Packer offense fits. I bet throwing to J-Mike over the middle more often would make the offense a litter better. J-Mike has the ability to stretch the field over the middle.You might be right but wouldn't that be because those Ds dont fear finley like before? Rodgers was throwing to him earlier in the season and he kept dropping everything, you saw it yourself. Like you said, he has the ability, if it doesn't materialize into solid production on the field what good is he.

pbmax
12-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Actually, he doesn't attribute it to a team official. What he wrote was:

The "sources familiar with the Packers' thinking" could be the very scouts and agents that he usually gathers info from. It doesn't take an awful lot of insight to assume the Packers won't want to pay Finley $8+ million next year when there are more deserving players to sign. A casual comment from a coach, trainer, etc. and the story starts.

We all suspected as much anyway, didn't we? It seemed pretty clear that the two year contract was really a one year last ditch effort to make him into something worth a big contract. If it worked, they would renegotiate a long term deal this off season. If not, he would be gone, more than likely.

That's the $2.50 Sunday edition of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel question. Did McGinn's source say "they HAVE to be thinking about dumping him" or "they ARE thinking about dumping him". Its a fine line but means entirely two different things.

Being familiar with Packer's thinking means he has heard of their deliberations from someone on their staff. It shouldn't be that if they were in their place, they would be thinking it.

George Cumby
12-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Or....maybe Finley's lack of production over the middle has allowed teams to stay in Cover 2 all year.

This.

red
12-16-2012, 10:29 AM
We have a spike waiting for you too.

you and your cute little machete don't scare me

pbmax
12-16-2012, 10:41 AM

Trash talk with the downtrodden Bears? No big deal. Its like two boxers engaging in a good ole war of words prior to their match to hype things up.

Nelson has a similar number of drops on WAY more targets this year. Not the same thing. And dropping the ball as often as he does is exactly how you earn fewer targets. Then add in verbal gaffes.

If he was on a team with only one other target (say the Panthers) he would see the ball thrown his way 150 times. Not the case with the Packers.

Ever since his contract drive after the injury, he has been living inside his own head. Thinking he has to demand targets and the right to alter routes on his own to increase his chances of success. He started out this year talking about how his new TE coach wouldn't demand he think about the number of steps in a route.

He also might be listening to too many people outside the team and not enough to his coaches.

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Or maybe its b/c J-Mike hasn't been given too many opportunities to make plays.

pbmax
12-16-2012, 10:45 AM
If he knows he's in a good coverage and he's the initial receiver, he rounds his routes. That's bc he's in a hurry to get the ball. Watch Gronk or Gonzales, they run precise routes right on the beat.

He also has bad timing with some route adjustments. In one previous game, he cut a sharp angle on a post route to get into a space between LB in front and safety behind. Its the smart adjustment, however, his QB wasn't looking at him and did not expect it. Rodgers threw the traditional route and nearly got picked off.

Jennings has made this adjustment with Rodgers before so it can be done. But Finley seems to be freelancing too often.

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Nelson has a similar number of drops on WAY more targets this year. Not the same thing. And dropping the ball as often as he does is exactly how you earn fewer targets. Then add in verbal gaffes.

If he was on a team with only one other target (say the Panthers) he would see the ball thrown his way 150 times. Not the case with the Packers.

Ever since his contract drive after the injury, he has been living inside his own head. Thinking he has to demand targets and the right to alter routes on his own to increase his chances of success. He started out this year talking about how his new TE coach wouldn't demand he think about the number of steps in a route.

He also might be listening to too many people outside the team and not enough to his coaches.

Rogers likes to talk about going right back at the recievers after they make a drop. He should heed his own advice and keep targeting Finely. I agree with Bretsky that J-Mike is being misused.

denverYooper
12-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Yeah, Patler.

Finley is still a hog.

If he knows he's in a good coverage and he's the initial receiver, he rounds his routes. That's bc he's in a hurry to get the ball. Watch Gronk or Gonzales, they run precise routes right on the beat. The Fin has improved some of his little things. I've seen him make great blocks and chip perfectly this year. He also is a fuck-up, If his assignment is to chip and roll to the flat, he blows off the chip to get in position to be a receiver.

He's lost the great speed he had as a kid.

He's a good hand, he'll get good pay from somebody, but he'll never sniff a huge contract again.

Thanks KY. I was just about to ask if him being wide open was just a function of his freelancing.

pbmax
12-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Rogers likes to talk about going right back at the recievers after they make a drop. He should heed his own advice and keep targeting Finely. I agree with Bretsky that J-Mike is being misused.

He doesn't get open deep like he used to. And they have repeatedly gone back to him and he has repeatedly had multiple drop games. They have tried targeting him early with short throws. And he has caught some of those and then had a drop. In the last two games he has bobbled the first thrown then been good the second throw. A point guard isn't going to keep feeding the shooter if he muffs the pass or gets blocked and there are other options out there. I agree Rodgers has a responsibility to use all receivers, but Finley has a larger responsibility to be open and catch it.

If he was on a team with fewer receiving options, he would see the ball more. But he is playing like a slouch and is not going to get the volume on a team with Randall Cobb, Jones and Nelson/Jennings. The only route he is catching reliably now is the shallow cross. Five yard gains aren't much in this passing attack.

George Cumby
12-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Or maybe its b/c J-Mike hasn't been given too many opportunities to make plays.

How many games has he played and how many snaps? I don't know the answer myself, but I would posit that he has had ample opportunity and yet has failed to produce.

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 11:15 AM
He doesn't get open deep like he used to. And they have repeatedly gone back to him and he has repeatedly had multiple drop games. They have tried targeting him early with short throws. And he has caught some of those and then had a drop. In the last two games he has bobbled the first thrown then been good the second throw. A point guard isn't going to keep feeding the shooter if he muffs the pass or gets blocked and there are other options out there. I agree Rodgers has a responsibility to use all receivers, but Finley has a larger responsibility to be open and catch it.

If he was on a team with fewer receiving options, he would see the ball more. But he is playing like a slouch and is not going to get the volume on a team with Randall Cobb, Jones and Nelson/Jennings. The only route he is catching reliably now is the shallow cross. Five yard gains aren't much in this passing attack.

Sure, five yard gains aren't much when its 3rd and 10. But short passes are what make the West Coast Offense famous.

Agree with you that J-Mike would be putting up a boatload of stats on an offense without so many weapons.

J-Mike has shown glimpses of catching bullets before. Drops are a matter of confidence. Keep feed J-Mike the rock and he'll get his confidence back in no time.

KYPack
12-16-2012, 11:23 AM

He half-asses a lot of stuff. MM likes to run one receiver thru the zone to clear it. All the other guys run their asses off on those clearing routes to help the other boys. Fin won't bust it on those clears, he just wants the ball,

Finley did radically improve his blocking. He went from a zero to a pretty good blocker, especially on angle blocks. When he was in his first couple years, he couldn't block at all. i don't think he ever did that at Texas.

George Cumby
12-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Sure, five yard gains aren't much when its 3rd and 10. But short passes are what make the West Coast Offense famous.

Agree with you that J-Mike would be putting up a boatload of stats on an offense without so many weapons.

J-Mike has shown glimpses of catching bullets before. Drops are a matter of confidence. Keep feed J-Mike the rock and he'll get his confidence back in no time.

I couldn't disagree more. He's a hyper talented head case who has lost a gear. IMO he lacks the mental toughness to perform at a high level consistently.

pbmax
12-16-2012, 11:48 AM

I believe in his talent. But the team has too many options to be fully committed to him almost like a reclamation project. It could back to haunt them as his talent does't grow on trees. But he has to meet them half way. If it was only drops, I don't think we are having this discussion.

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Awesome game by J-Mike!

pbmax
12-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Awesome game by J-Mike!

Plus his downside. He might have ignored a block on Peppers to get into a route and nearly got his QB killed.

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Plus his downside. He might have ignored a block on Peppers to get into a route and nearly got his QB killed.

If you meant the play where Peppers went at Rodgers untouched and got a 15 yds penalty afterward, not J-Mike's fault. A lineman or rb shouldve picked up Peppers. Rodgers wasn't "killed" and the Packers got 15 yards for an incomplete pass, so there's nothing to complain about, I guess.

J-Mike made a key catch up the middle on a seam route. Now that's how you beat cover 2.

denverYooper
12-16-2012, 03:31 PM
If you meant the play where Peppers went at Rodgers untouched and got a 15 yds penalty afterward, not J-Mike's fault. A lineman or rb shouldve picked up Peppers. Rodgers wasn't "killed" and the Packers got 15 yards for an incomplete pass, so there's nothing to complain about, I guess.

J-Mike made a key catch up the middle on a seam route. Now that's how you beat cover 2.

They probably showed him slides of Cobb's play from earlier in the game :taunt:

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 03:35 PM
They probably showed him slides of Cobb's play from earlier in the game :taunt:

Haters will always hate. :lol:

Patler
12-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Awesome game by J-Mike!

I guess that shows how low expectations have become for him, when 5 receptions for 61 yards is considered "awesome".

LegandofthePack15
12-16-2012, 03:38 PM
I guess that shows how low expectations have become for him, when 5 receptions for 61 yards is considered "awesome".

That's pretty good for any TE.

pbmax
12-16-2012, 03:43 PM

Loved the seam route catch. But he also had trouble with the same route earlier. Hard to know if it was his error or Rodgers.

Packers have run play action and left off side DE unblocked before. So its possible. But as someone pointed out in the Game Day thread, he moved Finley from the right side to the left. Newhouse had a blitzer to contend with and the RB had the play fake. If someone was to block Peppers, it had to be Fin.

RashanGary
12-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Was his error I think. AR was throwing away from coverage. JF was drifting toward the coverage, for whatever reason.

Good game by Finley though. He definitely brings something to the team in certain situations. I don't think he's going to be a big part of the offense. I just don't think AR trusts him on a lot of the route adjustments, but I think there are routes AR can trust him on and matchups he can exploit.

Still would like to see him gone. We're going to be losing too much talent to keep Finley over a guy like Raji or Jennings even if that is a choice.

Patler
12-16-2012, 04:40 PM

But not "awesome".

rbaloha1
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM

Paid to stretch the field not be a safety valve.

One nice seam route.

Tony Oday
12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
He is a subpar TE that needs to go away.

MadtownPacker
12-16-2012, 05:42 PM
MFer we talking about great, not good fool! Was it great?, yes or no? Answer the question!

gbgary
12-16-2012, 05:48 PM
bs article probably. no names quoted. tt doesn't throw away cap money and if we had a better te he'd be playing.

red
12-16-2012, 05:48 PM
thats the type of game finley should have every week, with a few really "awesome" games thrown in

he did his job for the first time this year

oh boy, now he's worth every :bs:

packers11
12-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Yes lets get rid of our best TE because the next Jason Witten is waiting under his wings...

Umm No... I'll be pissed if hes gone next year, there is no replacement for him...

Tony Oday
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes lets get rid of our best TE because the next Jason Witten is waiting under his wings...

Umm No... I'll be pissed if hes gone next year, there is no replacement for him...

Yeah a guy that cant catch, block and run his mouth is so hard to find! How will TT do it?!

RashanGary
12-16-2012, 06:48 PM
We replaced Favre. I think TT can find a way to replace Finley.

packers11
12-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah a guy that cant catch, block and run his mouth is so hard to find! How will TT do it?!

Jermichael Finley caught five of six targets for 61 yards at Chicago in Week 15. The one incomplete was a terrible pass

Jermichael Finley caught two passes for 16 yards in Green Bay's Week 14 win over the Lions. (3 targets) 1 bad drop

Jermichael Finley hauled in six passes for 60 yards versus the Vikings in Week 13. (7 targets)

Past three weeks... His "drops" are being over scrutinized now by the fans that HATE him... :roll: Yea Crabtree and Quarles are a better replacement... Keep him atleast one more year until you FIND a suitable replacement. Esp with Jennings possibly gone, why the hell would you want to lose another weapon on this offense???

pbmax
12-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Jermichael Finley caught five of six targets for 61 yards at Chicago in Week 15. The one incomplete was a terrible pass

Jermichael Finley caught two passes for 16 yards in Green Bay's Week 14 win over the Lions. (3 targets) 1 bad drop

Jermichael Finley hauled in six passes for 60 yards versus the Vikings in Week 13. (7 targets)

Past three weeks... His "drops" are being over scrutinized now by the fans that HATE him... :roll: Yea Crabtree and Quarles are a better replacement... Keep him atleast one more year until you FIND a suitable replacement. Esp with Jennings possibly gone, why the hell would you want to lose another weapon on this offense???

Understand about suitable replacement, but he's getting over $7 mil is cash next year for being very average. Lot of money for little in return. Money could be used elsewhere even if TE position is weaker. Need to have value along with talent.

The one bright spot, undeniable, was the long seam route he caught.

red
12-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Understand about suitable replacement, but he's getting over $7 mil is cash next year for being very average. Lot of money for little in return. Money could be used elsewhere even if TE position is weaker. Need to have value along with talent.

The one bright spot, undeniable, was the long seam route he caught.

not to mention the FACT that he's thrown his QB under the bus a couple times this year and is running his mouth almost like TO. everybody on that offense is a team first guy, thats what makes them gel so well. there's only ONE, me first guy.

we don't need that loud mouth shit in green bay. he's a fucking cancer

cut him out before he becomes worse

RashanGary
12-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Well said, Red. He's a douche bag.

If we get a RB, we're going to be in really, really good shape next year. Even without Jennings and Finley.

Keep stacking that defense. Like PB said. It's not just losing Finley. It's losing Finley, but gaining another playmaker at another position. The Packers are going to a balanced look. Great.

The Patriots, Cowboys and 49ers all had balance and great defense. Brady was a 25TD 10INT guy when he was winning SB's. 3000-3500 yards. Very average. Steelers balanced. Broncos balanced. Packers had balance down the stretch. The year the Colts won was Mannings least successful year passing. They were running well. Ravens, balanced. Buccaneers balanced. . . . Who else is there? Balanced teams tend to win the SB. Giants balanced. . . .

Great QB (especially the consistent, clutch ones)
Great Defense
Great Safety
Great pass rusher(s)
Balanced offense

Those seem like the commonalities in SB winning teams.

red
12-16-2012, 07:15 PM
it would be nice to have that great safety

ours are just pretty average

Guiness
12-16-2012, 08:56 PM

I was thinking that too. No reason to let this out, unless it's a rather extreme way to try and light a fire under him, and I don't see how that can work. I guess they turn the stretch/playoff run into a contract year?

mraynrand
12-16-2012, 09:24 PM
So now Finley is a cancer and a douche bag? You guys really have no sense of proportion.

Guiness
12-16-2012, 09:43 PM
He half-asses a lot of stuff. MM likes to run one receiver thru the zone to clear it. All the other guys run their asses off on those clearing routes to help the other boys. Fin won't bust it on those clears, he just wants the ball,

Finley did radically improve his blocking. He went from a zero to a pretty good blocker, especially on angle blocks. When he was in his first couple years, he couldn't block at all. i don't think he ever did that at Texas.

Interesting, and I wish I had a good enough eye to catch what a receiver's job is on one of those wheel routes.

Guiness
12-16-2012, 09:49 PM

Short passes make the West Coast offense work.

We're not running the West Coast offense.

Pugger
12-17-2012, 10:46 AM
When has Finley thrown Rodgers under the bus? The worst thing JF has ever said is he wishes he had better chemistry with AR. His agent was the jerk. I'd say it is fans that have a bigger issue with Finley than anybody in the locker room at 1265.

Until we find another TE better than Finley this offseason he isn't going anywhere. I found it rather telling Williams was a healthy scratch yesterday. If he, Crabby or Taylor were better they'd be starting and not Finley.

Patler
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
When has Finley thrown Rodgers under the bus? The worst thing JF has ever said is he wishes he had better chemistry with AR. His agent was the jerk. I'd say it is fans that have a bigger issue with Finley than anybody in the locker room at 1265.

Until we find another TE better than Finley this offseason he isn't going anywhere. I found it rather telling Williams was a healthy scratch yesterday. If he, Crabby or Taylor were better they'd be starting and not Finley.

During the season, yes, it matters who is better. During the off season, it doesn't always matter. Salary cap impact overall, productive for salary cap impact all matter too, during the off season. Good teams often have to decide at which positions to keep their best talent, and at which to settle for a lesser but cheaper talent. That is what salary caps are all about. Sometimes good teams have to settle for their second best player at a position while letting their best player go.

The Packers did not have a replacement as good as or better than Wells, yet he was not brought back. They are better off at TE than they were at center last year. Releasing Finley would not surprise me.

Zool
12-17-2012, 11:01 AM
So now Finley is a cancer and a douche bag? You guys really have no sense of proportion.

No one here knows if he's a cancer, but he definitely seems like a DBag.

Tony Oday
12-17-2012, 11:24 AM
48 receptions for 525 yards and 2 TDs...this is not a $7 million TE stat line.

denverYooper
12-17-2012, 11:32 AM
During the season, yes, it matters who is better. During the off season, it doesn't always matter. Salary cap impact overall, productive for salary cap impact all matter too, during the off season. Good teams often have to decide at which positions to keep their best talent, and at which to settle for a lesser but cheaper talent. That is what salary caps are all about. Sometimes good teams have to settle for their second best player at a position while letting their best player go.

The Packers did not have a replacement as good as or better than Wells, yet he was not brought back. They are better off at TE than they were at center last year. Releasing Finley would not surprise me.

They have Quarless waiting in the wings who, if healthy, might even be an improvement over Finley. He was not a bad receiver and was supposedly becoming the best blocking TE on the team pre-injury.

KYPack
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
48 receptions for 525 yards and 2 TDs...this is not a $7 million TE stat line.

Gronk had as many TD's last season as Fin has had in his career.

mraynrand
12-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Gronk had as many TD's last season as Fin has had in his career.

That's a fair comparison :roll: Perhaps next you'll compare Woodcock to Jennings and Welker to Nelson.

woodbuck27
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
it would be nice to have that great safety

ours are just pretty average

Priorities: Center.... LT.... Safety.

TT made a decision to accept JerMichael's personality and questionable limited skills when he signed him to 'a great contract' for JerMichael Finley. Many fans here opposed that for valid reasons. Lately we're seeing JF be more prominant as MM and Aaron Rodgers gain more confidence in him; but will the conflict issues go away?

Greg Jennings gone or not. IMO that's no big deal. We have Aaron Rodgers so give him something to work with and that doesn't have to be a $10 million$ WR.

We will continue to see TT use the draft to keep the PACKERS strong.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-17-2012, 12:02 PM

" When has Finley thrown Rodgers under the bus? The worst thing JF has ever said is he wishes he had better chemistry with AR. ' Pugger

That's how I see it too. Maybe we missed something?

red
12-17-2012, 12:17 PM
sorry, it was finley's agent throwing rodgers under the bus for not being a decent leader

because theres a difference :bs:

KYPack
12-17-2012, 01:00 PM
That's a fair comparison :roll: Perhaps next you'll compare Woodcock to Jennings and Welker to Nelson.

Yeah, that was a lttle below the belt, but my main criticsm of Fin is his over-inflated sense of worth and accomplishment. He had potential, but failed to achieve the sucess that seemed on the horizon. He's not in the Gronk, Gonzales, Witten class of players at all. The guys I just named do both the little things and make big plays. Fin is a notch or two above the middle ground for TE's.

After the two Fin threads yesterday, I really watched Fin in the Bear game. He played pretty good. He now seems to understand that a good chip or a solid clearing route is important to the team's success. Hope he plays his ass off the rest of the year. I really doubt he'll be on the Pack next season, maybe he gets his ring this year.

Zool
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, that was a lttle below the belt, but my main criticsm of Fin is his over-inflated sense of worth and accomplishment. He had potential, but failed to achieve the sucess that seemed on the horizon. He's not in the Gronk, Gonzales, Witten class of players at all. The guys I just named do both the little things and make big plays. Fin is a notch or two above the middle ground for TE's.

After the two Fin threads yesterday, I really watched Fin in the Bear game. He played pretty good. He now seems to understand that a good chip or a solid clearing route is important to the team's success. Hope he plays his ass off the rest of the year. I really doubt he'll be on the Pack next season, maybe he gets his ring this year.

And therein is the problem. You don't pay $8.5mil next year for "pretty good". I highly doubt he's willing to take a 50% pay.

Patler
12-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by KYPack
Gronk had as many TD's last season as Fin has had in his career.That's a fair comparison :roll: Perhaps next you'll compare Woodcock to Jennings and Welker to Nelson.

But isn't that exactly the problem? With his physical gifts, his proclaimed self worth, and the contract provisions for next year, we should be comparing Finley to any TE in the league. The fact that we can't demonstrates why he might not be in GB next year at the contract provided.

woodbuck27
12-17-2012, 04:07 PM

Add TE to 'the wish list'.

Pugger
12-17-2012, 05:56 PM
They have Quarless waiting in the wings who, if healthy, might even be an improvement over Finley. He was not a bad receiver and was supposedly becoming the best blocking TE on the team pre-injury.

It will be interesting to see if he can return to form after that horrible injury.

digitaldean
12-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Finley was interviewed by ESPN.com yesterday and was asked about the Milw. JS article re: the Packers getting rid of him next season.

Finley said he wants to be a Packer for life and be a teammate of Rodgers' as long as Rodgers' plays. Also said his relationship with AR is fine. IDK, but he needs a little less self-inflated view of himself. DJ Williams, Quarless and Crabtree are a pretty decent trio. Not as dynamic as Finley, but Finley is too streaky. He's had a decent last couple of games, but could disappear or worse have the drops, like he did vs NYG in the playoffs.

ThunderDan
12-17-2012, 10:32 PM

Quarless was not good catching the ball. He is a body catcher and let's everything bounce off him. I recall numerous passes that he let hit his shoulder pads and richochet away. Finley catches the ball away from his body with his hands. He has played better the last few weeks.

Pugger
12-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Finley was interviewed by ESPN.com yesterday and was asked about the Milw. JS article re: the Packers getting rid of him next season.

Finley said he wants to be a Packer for life and be a teammate of Rodgers' as long as Rodgers' plays. Also said his relationship with AR is fine. IDK, but he needs a little less self-inflated view of himself. DJ Williams, Quarless and Crabtree are a pretty decent trio. Not as dynamic as Finley, but Finley is too streaky. He's had a decent last couple of games, but could disappear or worse have the drops, like he did vs NYG in the playoffs.

I liked what Finley said about Rodgers and wanting to be a Packer for life. Isn't that what you want to hear from one of our players? Was any of that self-inflated? Sheesh. If Williams or Crabtree were better than Finley they'd be starting. I found it rather telling that Williams was a healthy scratch yesterday. Maybe Quarless will return to form but for now Finley is the best TE we presently have on the roster. What possible good was gonna come from McGinn and this 'report'? We don't need any distractions right now with playoff seedings on the line. BTW, Finley wasn't the only one to have a bad case of the drops vs NYG in that playoff game last season.

Joemailman
12-17-2012, 11:10 PM
I liked what Finley said about Rodgers and wanting to be a Packer for life. Isn't that what you want to hear from one of our players? Was any of that self-inflated? Sheesh. If Williams or Crabtree were better than Finley they'd be starting. I found it rather telling that Williams was a healthy scratch yesterday. Maybe Quarless will return to form but for now Finley is the best TE we presently have on the roster. What possible good was gonna come from McGinn and this 'report'? We don't need any distractions right now with playoff seedings on the line. BTW, Finley wasn't the only one to have a bad case of the drops vs NYG in that playoff game last season.

The real problem is Finley's contract. He's due to make 8 million next year, and that's too much for a TE who doesn't block well and is on pace for 600 yards receiving. As for McGinn's report, he doesn't work for the Packers, so he doesn't have a responsibility to avoid subjects that might cause a distraction.

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 11:34 AM

(Jermichael) Finley expects to be back with Pack:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/finley_expects_to_be_back_with_pack/12452833

Will the Packers keep J. Finley and award him a $3 Million$ Roster Bonus in 2013?

He says:

Finley would like to return to Green Bay.

"It's a business, and I would love to be here my whole career," Finley said. "I'm comfortable here, and I want to be a Packer for life. That's all I can say about that."

That says:

Finley has 48 catches for 525 yards and two touchdowns this season, his fifth in the NFL.

What will TT say?

GO PACKERS !

Zool
12-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Finley has 48 catches for 525 yards and two touchdowns this season, his fifth in the NFL.

What will TT say?

GO PACKERS !

5th mid-week stupid shit said to the media?

Whitten - 97 923 2TD
Gonzalez - 87 880 8TD
Graham - 69 779 8TD
Miller - 68 771 8TD
Gronkowski - 53 748 10TD
Olsen - 59 747 5TD
Meyers - 72 743 4TD
Gresham - 61 699 5TD
Daniels - 56 662 6TD
Pitta - 57 613 5TD
Celek - 51 602 1TD
Bennett - 50 584 5TD
Pettigrew - 57 556 3TD
Chandler - 42 546 6TD
Finley - 48 525 2TD

denverYooper
12-18-2012, 01:06 PM

Whitten - 97 923 2TD
Gonzalez - 87 880 8TD
Graham - 69 779 8TD
Miller - 68 771 8TD

Gronkowski - 53 748 10TD
Olsen - 59 747 5TD
Meyers - 72 743 4TD
Gresham - 61 699 5TD
Daniels - 56 662 6TD
Pitta - 57 613 5TD
Celek - 51 602 1TD
Bennett - 50 584 5TD
Pettigrew - 57 556 3TD
Chandler - 42 546 6TD
Finley - 48 525 2TD

5th season.

denverYooper
12-18-2012, 01:07 PM
I wonder if the Bears miss Greg Olsen?

denverYooper
12-18-2012, 01:07 PM
And Witten is tops? Impressive, because every time I see the guy play it seems like he's one hit away from shattering.

Zool
12-18-2012, 01:10 PM
5th season.

Holy hell did I mis-read that.

My brain is bad and I should feel bad.

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 01:27 PM

Whitten - 97 923 2TD
Gonzalez - 87 880 8TD
Graham - 69 779 8TD
Miller - 68 771 8TD
Gronkowski - 53 748 10TD
Olsen - 59 747 5TD
Meyers - 72 743 4TD
Gresham - 61 699 5TD
Daniels - 56 662 6TD
Pitta - 57 613 5TD
Celek - 51 602 1TD
Bennett - 50 584 5TD
Pettigrew - 57 556 3TD
Chandler - 42 546 6TD
Finley - 48 525 2TD

WOW !

Rank .... #15 at TE. I expect.... not what TT hoped for.

mraynrand
12-18-2012, 01:31 PM
But isn't that exactly the problem? With his physical gifts, his proclaimed self worth, and the contract provisions for next year, we should be comparing Finley to any TE in the league. The fact that we can't demonstrates why he might not be in GB next year at the contract provided.

Nah, I'm just saying you have to compare him in the system the Packers run, with all the other parts, good and bad. And it's not all straight line simple. For example, it's clear that Finley's antics hurt him getting the ball. Rodgers just doesn't look for him as much. A specific example from the Bears game was a third down where Finley was absolutely wide open and Rodgers made up his mind to throw to Jennings. I get it - Finley had drops, he made comments, his agent is an ass-hat, etc. But he's also - typically - surrounded by some pretty decent talent - and the consequences of his actions I suppose - that takes away touches and affects his numbers. I hope KY is right that he gets it together and GB get another Lombardi.

What I fear most is the FA Finley that ends up in Chicago or MN with a chip on his shoulder and then beasts it up against us twice a year.

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Nah, I'm just saying you have to compare him in the system the Packers run, with all the other parts, good and bad. And it's not all straight line simple. For example, it's clear that Finley's antics hurt him getting the ball. Rodgers just doesn't look for him as much. A specific example from the Bears game was a third down where Finley was absolutely wide open and Rodgers made up his mind to throw to Jennings. I get it - Finley had drops, he made comments, his agent is an ass-hat, etc. But he's also - typically - surrounded by some pretty decent talent - and the consequences of his actions I suppose - that takes away touches and affects his numbers. I hope KY is right that he gets it together and GB get another Lombardi.

What I fear most is the FA Finley that ends up in Chicago or MN with a chip on his shoulder and then beasts it up against us twice a year.

Will his hands improve in Chicago or Minny?

I don't believe so. I just want to see him more involved in our 'O' and productive to show a return for the investment that TT made in him.

Guiness
12-18-2012, 01:48 PM
I wonder if the Bears miss Greg Olsen?

I was just about to post that - never understood why they got rid of him, he was a 1st rounder, playing ok and developing. They've got Davis there now, who looks like he could easily eat his way into a OT job.

denverYooper
12-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I was just about to post that - never understood why they got rid of him, he was a 1st rounder, playing ok and developing. They've got Davis there now, who looks like he could easily eat his way into a OT job.

I thought that had to do with Martz's offense -- it didn't feature the TE, so they didn't need a premier TE. Olsen is playing well for the Panthers this year.

Joemailman
12-18-2012, 01:56 PM
I think they got rid of Olsen because Martz didn't feel Olsen was a good fit in his offense. Then they got rid of Martz. Bear down!

Edit: Yoop beat me to it.

pbmax
12-18-2012, 02:25 PM

I wonder if the radio show today will cover that. I still think Fin blew off a block of Peppers there. But they have left that DE unblocked before. Hope it gets asked.

Patler
12-18-2012, 02:50 PM
I wonder if the radio show today will cover that. I still think Fin blew off a block of Peppers there. But they have left that DE unblocked before. Hope it gets asked.

Ya, it would be a very good question. I can see leaving some DEs unblocked in that situation, but some are too quick to get away with it if you want your QB alive. Peppers is getting a little old, but still gets home pretty quick left untouched.

Joemailman
12-18-2012, 04:41 PM

Wilde asked the question. Rodgers said it was his own fault. Bears had a blitz on and he said Finley was the "hot" receiver receiver on the play. Finley was open and Rodgers should have gone to him.

mraynrand
12-18-2012, 06:14 PM

Inquiring minds want to know. Any word on that? If Finley was supposed to block Peppers, he shouldn't play again this year. If he was the hot read, Rodgers should have thrown him the ball.

mraynrand
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Oh, sorry Joe, I didn't see your post...

Bretsky
12-18-2012, 06:29 PM
the Packers are not playing to Finley's strength. As much as part of me thinks he's a punk ass.......the playcalling has been unkind to him. the drops are not excusable and I see the argument if you want to say the Packers lost faith. Then he should be good as gone. But he can't excel and perform at the leavel they want him to unless they unleash hm downfield. Dude is a weapon. Was I the only one thinking why in the hell is he even touching Juluis Peppers ???

pbmax
12-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Wilde asked the question. Rodgers said it was his own fault. Bears had a blitz on and he said Finley was the "hot" receiver receiver on the play. Finley was open and Rodgers should have gone to him.

Dammit. Just after I turn on him he gets all "assignment sure"!!

pbmax
12-18-2012, 06:33 PM
the Packers are not playing to Finley's strength. As much as part of me thinks he's a punk ass.......the playcalling has been unkind to him. the drops are not excusable and I see the argument if you want to say the Packers lost faith. Then he should be good as gone. But he can't excel and perform at the leavel they want him to unless they unleash hm downfield. Dude is a weapon. Was I the only one thinking why in the hell is he even touching Juluis Peppers ???

Did he even touch him? I was mainly worried about Peppers "touching" Rodgers.

But about his assignments, its just tough noogies if your hands or routes become a liability for a season plus and then wonder why the offense doesn't feature you. Need to earn that back by being on time and sure handed. Should nickname the effort FinEx.

Fritz
12-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I think most of us are of the opinion that J
-Mike's future depends on the rest of the season.

sharpe1027
12-19-2012, 05:28 PM

IDK. The few times this year that I remember him running deep routes he was covered like a blanket and I even remember him getting out muscled by a little DB for a jump ball. He looks slow and tentative.

RashanGary
12-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't think AR trusts Finley to be where he's supposed to be.

RashanGary
12-19-2012, 10:40 PM
If this was prison ball, Finley would have a place on this team. He'd be the guy giving blowjobs to the winners after the game. He'd lose that job too if his ability to catch a load is anything like his ability to catch a football.

pbmax
12-19-2012, 11:09 PM
If this was prison ball, Finley would have a place on this team. He'd be the guy giving blowjobs to the winners after the game. He'd lose that job too if his ability to catch a load is anything like his ability to catch a football.

Easy JH. Put the beer down and time to hit the hay! :lol:

MadtownPacker
12-19-2012, 11:15 PM
I better just mace the puke right now before he goes off. :lol:

Freak Out
12-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Ha ha.....wtf. Nice to see the old JH once in awhile.

Bossman641
12-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Well that was unexpected. The old JH returns..

Smeefers
12-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Lol! Okay, that one got me. Didn't expect it at all.

mraynrand
12-20-2012, 10:32 AM
I better just mace the puke right now before he goes off. :lol:

Just have Finley available.

Iron Mike
12-20-2012, 02:59 PM
http://www.roemerphotoblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/111-Green-Bay-Packers-Jermichael-Finley-1.jpg

run pMc
12-20-2012, 03:07 PM
I thought Finley's played well the last few weeks and am glad. Even with that, is he worth the $7-8M salary?
I don't see the point in cutting him until the early free agency and draft hoopla shakes out. From there the roster and cap will take shape. Finley's under contract next year.

Thought it was bad for McGinn to write that piece mid-season...should've waited until the season was over. TT won't do anything before then, and there will likely be a followup piece written then anyway.