12-16-2012, 01:40 PM
13/119 - in the first half. 82 yard TD.

red
12-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Well, theres the 1huge game he needed

Now he just needs 2 average by his standard games for the record

Cheesehead Craig
12-16-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm still a Walter Payton is the best RB ever guy, but AP is closing that gap in a hurry. Unreal.

denverYooper
12-16-2012, 03:55 PM
212 yards. Who needs a QB?

RashanGary
12-16-2012, 03:58 PM
He needs 150 YPG in the next 2 games to break the record. He's averaging 130/game, but seems to get better every week.

woodbuck27
12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
He needs 150 YPG in the next 2 games to break the record. He's averaging 130/game, but seems to get better every week.

In a big Minny win Vs The RAMS as they continue to surprize.

Adrian Peterson had 24 carries for 212 yds and 1 TD today leaving him 294 shy of breaking the NFL's single-season mark of 2,105 set by Eric Dickerson of the Los Angeles Rams in 1984. He has two more games left to break this record. In week 16 'the Vikings' are @ Houston and at home Vs 'the PACKERS' in Week 17.

Since week 9 or over the last six weeks. AP has averaged 172.33 yards /game on 138 carries or an average of 23 carries /game and an average of 7.49 yards /carry.

http://www.nfl.com/player/adrianpeterson/2507164/careerstats

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20121216_MIN@STL/peterson-rips-rams-for-212-closes-on-2k-dickerson-mark/rss

In a recent Poll nearly 75% of NFL fans believe he will 'in fact' exceed this long standing record.

St. Louis’ run defense is mediocre. It entered this week’s action surrendering 114.4 rushing yards a contest or 13th in the NFL.

Houston’s 'D' will be Peterson’s greatest obstacle, as it ranks second Vs the run. Green Bay’s 'D' may make up for Houstons strength and as you'll recall. AP rushed for 210 yards against our 'D' in Lambeau Field.

Congratulations to the GREEN BAY PACKERS for winning the NFCN today defeating the chicago BEARS.

GO PACKERS !

digitaldean
12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Man, am I glad we don't have to beat Minny to win the division. They have a god awful QB, but their D can play in spurts and the AP can carry the offense. Why does Ponder have to throw for 200+ yards when AP can crack off an 82 yard TD run?

woodbuck27
12-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Man, am I glad we don't have to beat Minny to win the division. They have a god awful QB, but their D can play in spurts and the AP can carry the offense. Why does Ponder have to throw for 200+ yards when AP can crack off an 82 yard TD run?

I watched that game today and AP IMO was held back again. If HC Frazier allows this horse to go he will smash the record. He's a very talented RB. One of the very best all time.

pbmax
12-16-2012, 09:15 PM

Not worried about winning, worried only about highlights forevermore of him breaking record with tumbling packers in the highlights.

Guiness
12-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Minnesota's in the thick of the playoff hunt, I wonder if that will hurt his chances of getting the record? If they were out of it, they might just feed him the ball and get him the record, but with a playoff berth on the line, they'll have to have a more viable plan than that.

Of course, the way the passing offense has been, that could well be the most viable offense they have.

LegandofthePack15
12-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Why does Ponder have to throw for 200+ yards when AP can crack off an 82 yard TD run?

This is the NFL, not the NCAA where teams like Wisconsin can win games by running the ball 100 times a game with godawful qbs like Brooks Bollinger at the helm.

Kiwon
12-17-2012, 05:33 AM
Not worried about winning, worried only about highlights forevermore of him breaking record with tumbling packers in the highlights.

Oh, com'on, it would be a nice bookend to the highlights of Walter Payton leaping into the endzone as he destroyed the Packers throughout the '70's.

CaliforniaCheez
12-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Randall Cobb:

964 KOR yards
892 Receiving yards
253 PR yards
132 Rushing yards

2241 total yards 8 TD's.

So why is ESPN lobbying for some purple slimer for MVP?

The purple slimer has 1812 yards rushing and 211 yards receiving.
That's only 2023 yards; 10% less than Cobb.

Aaron Rodgers leads the league in QB rating and currently 2nd in TD passes with 32. He has 3588 passing yards and 248 rushing for 3836 total yards. He has 90% more yards than that purple slimer.

Why would ESPN lobby for some unproductive purple slimer nobody who can't get his team above an 8 win .500 season?

Deputy Nutz
12-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Randall Cobb:

964 KOR yards
892 Receiving yards
253 PR yards
132 Rushing yards

2241 total yards 8 TD's.

Aaron Rodgers leads the league in QB rating and currently 2nd in TD passes with 32. He has 3588 passing yards and 248 rushing for 3836 total yards. He has 90% more yards than that purple slimer.

Why would ESPN lobby for some unproductive purple slimer nobody who can't get his team above an 8 win .500 season?

Nobody gives a shit about all purpose yards. It is yards from scrimmage that matter. A running back needs an offensive line to do their job, a qb needs an offensive line and receivers to do there job. There is a reason why 2000 yards is the holy grail to NFL rushers, and why a qb needs to 5000 yards passing.

On top of going for 2000 yard the guy had his knee reconstructed 365 days ago. That is unbelievable. It is sad to see fans with your mind set. It demonstrates what the NFL has become. A boring passing league with QBs putting up video game numbers every year. Respect the run

Tony Oday
12-17-2012, 07:28 AM
AP is just padding his stats like AR.

Cobb really? Cmon.

Patler
12-17-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm sort of surprised we haven't heard more about AP for MVP. His injury recovery is irrelevant to that award, in my opinion. MVP should be a measure of his overall importance to his team's success. That's why QB's win it so often.

The Vikings without AP literally have no offense. He should receive strong consideration for MVP, as should Brady, Rodgers and a few others.

Patler
12-17-2012, 07:31 AM
AP is just padding his stats like AR.

Since AP has come right out and said he wants the season rushing record, I guess that makes him nothing more than a "stats whore" as discussed in a thread about Rodgers, doesn't it? :lol:

mraynrand
12-17-2012, 07:31 AM
The Vikings without AP literally have no offense. He should receive strong consideration for MVP, as should Brady, Rodgers and a few others.

The entire Vikings season is going down Adrain

Patler
12-17-2012, 07:34 AM
The entire Vikings season is going down Adrain

Making fun of my typo? :lol: :oops:

mraynrand
12-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Making fun of my typo? :lol: :oops:

of course! As someone who has botched a thread title, and been unable to fix it, I empathize!

CaliforniaCheez
12-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Yards equal production and field position. Yardage and field position are the next best victory indicators after turnovers,

There are over a dozen more productive players in the league than some tailback in Minnesota.

Running backs are low paid in this free market era because they do not produce that many yards.

Obviously Randall Cobb is more productive and more valuable than some purple slimer.

Deputy Nutz
12-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Since AP has come right out and said he wants the season rushing record, I guess that makes him nothing more than a "stats whore" as discussed in a thread about Rodgers, doesn't it? :lol:

Does ap have a day in his honor?

mraynrand
12-17-2012, 07:53 AM

blow it out your bazooka

pbmax
12-17-2012, 08:00 AM
This is the NFL, not the NCAA where teams like Wisconsin can win games by running the ball 100 times a game with godawful qbs like Brooks Bollinger at the helm.

Hey, hey, HEY!

You be careful trashing the toughest option QB under 6 foot ever!

Troll away, but leave Brooks out of it.

That Ohio State comeback win was a piece of genius. Still gives me the warm fuzzies.

pbmax
12-17-2012, 08:03 AM

He's Purple Jesus.

That would be Christmas.

http://www.cubbytees.com/ShirtPieces/PurpleJesus02--ZM--Hthr.jpg

RashanGary
12-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Purple Jesus is just as bad as AR day :)

Fans are fans, whatever color they wear.

RashanGary
12-17-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm from the UP. We had the Monday off school on the opening weekend of deer season. It's part of the culture. The Packers are a huge part of GB culture. Holmgren way, Lombardi Avenue, Brett Favre Pass. . . . . And now an Aaron Rodgers day.

The most storied franchise in the NFL in the only small town left gives GB something to be proud of. The way the people kept the franchise alive is something we hold dear in these parts. You can't take it too seriously. It's not AR's fault. GB loves it's Packers.

Patler
12-17-2012, 08:57 AM

Why would WI have a day to honor a Viking? Minnesota can do that if they are so inclined. Besides, WI seems to reserve that for the great Packer QBs:

Bart Starr Day - 10/18/70 (declared by the Packers, I think)
Brett Favre Day - 5/17/2009 (declared by Jim Doyle)
Aaron Rodgers day - 12/12/12 (declared by joint resolution of the WI legislature)

Deputy Nutz
12-17-2012, 09:16 AM
He's Purple Jesus.

That would be Christmas.

http://www.cubbytees.com/ShirtPieces/PurpleJesus02--ZM--Hthr.jpg
That will do pig, that'll do.

woodbuck27
12-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Randall Cobb:

964 KOR yards
892 Receiving yards
253 PR yards
132 Rushing yards

2241 total yards 8 TD's.

Ever try 'opening your mind'?

woodbuck27
12-17-2012, 09:31 AM

I know your above that post Patler; that this thread was created to highlight AP's extraordinary season. The bonus... that he plays his final game at home Vs the PACKERS.

LegandofthePack15
12-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Hey, hey, HEY!

You be careful trashing the toughest option QB under 6 foot ever!

Troll away, but leave Brooks out of it.

That Ohio State comeback win was a piece of genius. Still gives me the warm fuzzies.

Bollinger sucked so bad, he made Mike Samuel look like Mike Vick. Bollinger probably cost Wisconsin at least a national title. Fucking Alvarez shoulda played Jim Sorgi instead. Combine Sorgi's arm with the Badgers run game and receivers like Evans and Chambers, the Badgers wouldve been national champs.

pbmax
12-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Sorgi played a ton in two desultory Badger seasons when Bollinger hurt. Not sure how completing less than 50% of your passes helps with a NC. Sorgi was no John Stocco.

Bollinger had a Rose Bowl season with Dayne and they finished #4

woodbuck27
12-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Maybe? Why you might believe that AP will break the very difficult to break seasonal rushing record:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1447183-adrian-peterson-why-vikings-rb-will-break-eric-dickersons-rushing-record?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-vikings

CaliforniaCheez
12-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Maybe? Why you might believe that AP will break the very difficult to break seasonal rushing record:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1447183-adrian-peterson-why-vikings-rb-will-break-eric-dickersons-rushing-record?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-vikings

Ever try opening your mind?

Leading the league in rushing is not that valuable and does not make one a candidate for MVP.

I gave you two examples of players that are not being considered for MVP yet have been significantly more production than some unknown vikling RB.

If a player leads the league in sacks or INT's that doesn't make him MVP or even defensive player of the year.

The prime consideration is production. Second is production leading to victories.
There are many in the league that have significant production exceeding that of any RB.

Joemailman
12-18-2012, 06:15 AM
One could certainly make the argument though that the lack of a downfield passing game by the Vikings elevates Peterson's value to his team. Without him they really have no offense. With him, they have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

pbmax
12-18-2012, 07:15 AM
I suspect that Peterson is helped to some degree by the rules that have opened up the passing game. More defensive resources are acquired and trained to stop passing attacks and teams devote far less time to rushing attacks. I would think this offsets some of the effect of a lack of a passing attack.

Cheesehead Craig
12-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Given the Vikes have absolutely no offense other than AP and he is still running for 200+ yards that's amazing. Teams know he's coming and can't stop him, I heard on the local sports radio station that his last 8 games are the best 8 game rushing stretch ever. If he wasn't there, the Vikes would be KC or Jax bad.

Freak Out
12-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Man...how nice would it be to see the Packers shut down the Purple one in the Humpty!

OS PA
12-18-2012, 11:35 AM
I would just hate to see Peterson break the record against the Packers. It would be something those purple assholes would hold over us forever.

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Ever try opening your mind?

Leading the league in rushing is not that valuable and does not make one a candidate for MVP.

I gave you two examples of players that are not being considered for MVP yet have been significantly more production than some unknown vikling RB.

If a player leads the league in sacks or INT's that doesn't make him MVP or even defensive player of the year.

The prime consideration is production. Second is production leading to victories.
There are many in the league that have significant production exceeding that of any RB.

You consider Adrian Peterson an unknown Viking RB. Right there you lose credibility. More succinctly..your 'out to lunch' Packer fan.

Again.... 'open your mind' as that will refresh you. ;-)

" Leading the league in rushing is not that valuable and does not make one a candidate for MVP " Californiacheez

I disagree and again your 'out to ....' but all the same I'll entertain you.

Is that statement to be taken as a simple generalization Californiacheez? If that's the case then I'll let you off the hook; but not so if your including Adrian Peterson in your above statement.

I'll even back myself up in terms of the respect that Adrian Peterson will receive for the NFL MVP and offer you a wager Californiacheez . A simple bet with you Sir.

I'll bet you $1000.00 that Adrian Peterson receives votes for the NFL MVP award.

I'm doing so not even knowing if 'in fact' Adrian Peterson will break that prestigious record held by Eric Dickerson. Why?

Because even if it comes to fruition; that will not be the major factor in the possibility that AP will win the NFL MVP for 2012.

The fact AP is coming off major surgery will not be a major factor in him deserving the NFL MVP for 2012.

That award will come to Adrian Peterson 'based solely on his obvious value' to the Minnesota Vikings. That value compared to the value of all other NFL players to their respective teams.

If you stand by your post and accept my bet offer? I'll gratefully submit to you my address by PM. You may simply send me a money order for that $Grand$ and I'll gratefully THANK YOU. ;-)

Why make such a bet? Because your dead wrong. Why? Because this is a bet I cannot lose.

Want to make that bet Sir? I don't believe you'll accept this offer. Why? Because your beginning to know you'll lose $1000.00$.

So it's this:

simply 'open your mind' Packer fan.

GO PACK GO !

Bossman641
12-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Peterson is simply amazing this year. 6.3 ypc. He's my pick for MVP.

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Peterson is simply amazing this year. 6.3 ypc. He's my pick for MVP.

It seems to swing from one candidate to the next as the season progress's; but after week 15 is in the books:

I've switched from Tom Brady to Aaron Rodgers as the candidate (most deserving**) and (maybe?) more likely to win this seasons MVP award.

I'm looking at the fact that AR has the lead now in QB Rating and TD's (with 'only' 8 picks); coupling that with the fact he's been sacked 45 times or about twice as much as both Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. I'm also weighing in with all the games lost to injury for Packer starters and that still Aaron Rodgers has led us to our third straight NFC North Championship.

Having assessed all that:

** Which NFL player is clearly most deserving. IMO assessment... it's Adrian Peterson.

Adrian Peterson's not only the premiere RB in the NFL but right now the NFL MVP for 2012.

GO PACK GO !

Pugger
12-18-2012, 06:34 PM
If the Vikes miss the playoffs could he still win the MVP?

Bretsky
12-18-2012, 06:36 PM

AP will get screwed after da Vikes miss the playoffs

Many are pimping Payston Manning....laughable...comeback player of the yr...ok...but not mvp

Not sure who #2 is; Brady has had a hell of the year but he is coached by a genius

pbmax
12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Gotta admit, a Packer run to the Super Bowl would give me a warm glow even if I wasn't rooting for the Packers. Harbaugh, Carroll, Broncos/Manning, Belicheck ... that's a Murderers Row of people I would like to see lose. :lol:

Bretsky
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Bollinger sucked so bad, he made Mike Samuel look like Mike Vick. Bollinger probably cost Wisconsin at least a national title. Fucking Alvarez shoulda played Jim Sorgi instead. Combine Sorgi's arm with the Badgers run game and receivers like Evans and Chambers, the Badgers wouldve been national champs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SXLffvBpTY

red
12-18-2012, 06:45 PM

thats always been a big debate point

i say yes. his teams in the playoff hunt, with him being the only offense they have.

factor in the injury and i say its not even a competition

Manning and Brady are the other two names being mention for the award

i'm wondering why a-rod isn't even being mentioned. he's got more td's then both, and two less int's then peyton (brady has 2 less the rodgers). packers are a serious contender like the other 2 qb's and he's done it with a hell of a lot more injuries. why no love?

Bretsky
12-18-2012, 06:46 PM

OMG YOU ARE FRICKIN TANK

He was the only human being in the world who knew so little about Badger football that he would try to argue a point so untrue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgk-Gu-4MX8

Pugger
12-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I fear Rodgers' play last year is hurting his chances this season and that sucks, frankly. Last year he played out of his mind and I doubt another player will ever have a season like that again unless he repeats it in the future.

Bretsky
12-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I fear Rodgers' play last year is hurting his chances this season and that sucks, frankly. Last year he played out of his mind and I doubt another player will ever have a season like that again unless he repeats it in the future.

Very true; what he's doing is pretty imprssive this year considering he rarely is allowed to step into a throw and use the good form he has 1 out of 10 times when he's protected

Joemailman
12-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I think the main difference is that with everyone playing Cover 2, the big plays, especially the deep post, just aren't there. His Y/A has gone from a ridiculous 9.0 to a still very good 7.6. He's still as deadly as ever in the red zone as evidenced by the fact that his TD% is #1 in the NFL.

red
12-18-2012, 07:18 PM
the third td pass to jones on sunday should be all he needs for an MVP highlight reel

that might have been the most perfect pass i've ever seen

gbgary
12-18-2012, 07:25 PM
he's a great back! seems like a great guy too. i've never seen anyone come back from an acl so fast. his work ethic is tremendous. it's impossible to sports-hate the guy. i'd be rooting for him to get the record if he were playing anyone else...but since he'll be going for it against us...i want him to come up short...unless it takes less than 100 yards to get it and we're up by 21 points. lol

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 10:03 PM
AP will get screwed after da Vikes miss the playoffs

Many are pimping Payston Manning....laughable...comeback player of the yr...ok...but not mvp

Not sure who #2 is; Brady has had a hell of the year but he is coached by a genius

My ranking today is:

1) Adrian Peterson

2) Aaron Rodgers and very close to AP as MVP. AP gets the edge because of what he means to the Vikings in the win column when his number is called more than 18 times a game. In those games the Vikings are 6-1.

3) Tom Brady. That lose to the San Fran 49ers this past Sunday night (41-34... 49ers) hurt him alot.

4) Peyton Manning ... VOTERS !!! Please do not confuse comeback player consideration with Adrian Peterson and the NFL MVP.

5) Robert Griffin III ... Kirk Cousins looked awesome whenever he's filled in but this Rookie QB is very special.

6) Ben Roethlisberger ... There are fewer QB's better when the going gets tough and we'll see proof of that as the Steelers push for a seed in the AFC.

7) Russel Wilson ... Along with RGII and Andrew Luck, all very special Rookie's and all three awesome for the future good of the NFL.

8) Drew Brees....You cannot keep a good small man down and his value to the Saints fortunes is obvious.

9) Calvin Johnson ... Having an outstanding season with 1667 yards receiving and a 119.1 yards per game average. A scary WR !

10) A.J. Green ... Look out for this fella. He's the kill shot on the Bengals.

woodbuck27
12-19-2012, 01:00 PM
My ranking today is:

1) Adrian Peterson ... Is it an award to honour the most outstanding player in the NFL? if so, this is your guy. Why AP over Aaron Rodgers? gets the edge because of what he means to the Vikings in the win column when his number is called more than 18 times a game. In those games the Vikings are 6-1.

2) Aaron Rodgers ... So very close to AP as MVP. Just imagine what he would do with healthy WR's and a better OL. He's been sacked 45 times. Check out the sack numbers for the next two MVP candidates. He leads both Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in TD's inspite of depleated receiving Corps.

3) Tom Brady ... That 'slip' to the San Fran 49ers this past Sunday night (41-34... 49ers) hurt him some.

4) Peyton Manning ... VOTERS !!! Please do not confuse comeback player consideration with Adrian Peterson and the NFL MVP.

5) Russel Wilson ... This man could be easiloy moved up and I did from 9th spot. You cannot keep a good small man down and this Rookie's value to the Seahawks fortunes is obvious. Wilson has been sensational. He leads the NFL in Total QBR (85.1) and ranks second to Rodgers in passer rating (106.7) over the past 10 weeks.

5) Robert Griffin III ... Kirk Cousins looked awesome whenever he's filled in but this Rookie QB is very special.

6) Matt Ryan ... His teams record is impressive and especially so at home. He's completing a career-high 42.5 percent of passes thrown more than 20 yards past the line of scrimmage. That's real good.

7) Robert Griffin III ... Kirk Cousins looked awesome whenever he's filled in but this Rookie QB is very special.

8) Ben Roethlisberger ... He has some work to do to get his Steelers into the playoffs. There are fewer QB's better when the going gets tough and we'll see proof of that as the Steelers push for a seed in the AFC.

9) Marshawn Lynch ... He's along with Russel Wilson, making a statement in Seattle. An outstanding rusher when his number is called. Marshawn Lynch has eight games with at least 100 yards this season and four more games with at least 85 yards. He's T-4th in rushing touchdowns with 10.

10) Calvin Johnson ... Having an outstanding season with 1667 yards receiving and a 119.1 yards per game average. A scary WR to defend against and ' what if ' Matthew Stafford was passing better ! IMO it's this reason that keeps Calvin Johnson off people's minds RE: MVP In any case I believe he will break Jerry Rice's single season total yards receiving record.

mraynrand
12-19-2012, 03:47 PM
If the Redskins win their Division, RGIII is MVP. Having the MI State QB come in and play well hurt his chances though.

Cheesehead Craig
12-19-2012, 04:01 PM
If the Redskins win their Division, RGIII is MVP. Having the MI State QB come in and play well hurt his chances though.

Woody thinks RGIII is so good that he is on his MVP list twice at #5 and #7

Pugger
12-20-2012, 09:06 AM
I suspect Peyton will be MVP this year tho.

mraynrand
12-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I suspect Peyton will be MVP this year tho.

http://1funny.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Puking-Pumpkin-2.jpg

woodbuck27
12-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Woody thinks RGIII is so good that he is on his MVP list twice at #5 and #7

Thanks for pointing that out Cheesehead Craig:

My ranking today is:

1) Adrian Peterson ... Is it an award to honour the most outstanding player in the NFL? if so, this is your guy. Why AP over Aaron Rodgers? gets the edge because of what he means to the Vikings in the win column when his number is called more than 18 times a game. In those games the Vikings are 6-1.

2) Aaron Rodgers ... So very close to AP as MVP. Just imagine what he would do with healthy WR's and a better OL. He's been sacked 45 times. Check out the sack numbers for the next two MVP candidates. He leads both Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in TD's inspite of depleated receiving Corps.

3) Tom Brady ... That 'slip' to the San Fran 49ers this past Sunday night (41-34... 49ers) hurt him some.

5) Russel Wilson ... This man could be easily moved up and I did from 9th spot. You cannot keep a good small man down and this Rookie's value to the Seahawks fortunes is obvious. Wilson has been sensational. He leads the NFL in Total QBR (85.1) and ranks second to Rodgers in passer rating (106.7) over the past 10 weeks.

6) Robert Griffin III ... Kirk Cousins looked awesome whenever he's filled in but this Rookie QB is very special.

7) Matt Ryan ... His teams record is impressive and especially so at home. He's completing a career-high 42.5 percent of passes thrown more than 20 yards past the line of scrimmage. That's real good.

8) Ben Roethlisberger ... He has some work to do to get his Steelers into the playoffs. There are fewer QB's better when the going gets tough and we'll see proof of that as the Steelers push for a seed in the AFC.

9) Marshawn Lynch ... He's along with Russel Wilson, making a statement in Seattle. An outstanding rusher when his number is called. Marshawn Lynch has eight games with at least 100 yards this season and four more games with at least 85 yards. He's T-4th in rushing touchdowns with 10.

10) Calvin Johnson ... Having an outstanding season with 1667 yards receiving and a 119.1 yards per game average. A scary WR to defend against and ' what if ' Matthew Stafford was passing better ! IMO it's this reason that keeps Calvin Johnson off people's minds RE: MVP In any case I believe he will break Jerry Rice's single season total yards receiving record. Imagine .... if he was on a decent team.

Fritz
12-21-2012, 01:29 PM
You can't argue with Peterson as MVP.

Problem is, the award itself is kinda stupid. Without Peterson, the Vikes go nowhere. But without Rodgers, the Pack goes nowhere. Without Manning, Denver goes nowhere. Without this player, without that player, and so on.

woodbuck27
12-21-2012, 04:12 PM
You can't argue with Peterson as MVP.

Problem is, the award itself is kinda stupid. Without Peterson, the Vikes go nowhere. But without Rodgers, the Pack goes nowhere. Without Manning, Denver goes nowhere. Without this player, without that player, and so on.

When I read this long story I was convinced that of all...AP is most deserving of the MVP this season.

There are so many elements of this long story to possibly find enjoyable Fritz.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8732847/how-minnesota-adrian-peterson-became-best-running-back-football-again

GO PACK GO !

CaliforniaCheez
12-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Woodbucky is as closed a mind as one can get!! Throwing out out unsupported advertizements for a low life vikling and refusing to discuss any facts or criteria.

1) First of all and MVP must be of good moral character and represent what is good about the NFL.

A) The viklng was arrested in the off season.

B) The vikling during the latest labor dispute publicly equated the NFL to slavery.

C) The same vikling has been ticketed multiple times for endangering the public by high speed driving; once on December's icy roads.

2) An MVP candidate has to be productive in yards.

A) The vikling only has 2023 total yards.

B) Drew Brees has 4335 yards passing.
Tom Brady 4276 yards.
Tony Romo 4269 yards.
Matthew Stafford 4252 yards
Matthew Ryan 4202 yards
That's more than double some vikling. Even Randall Cobb is more productive with more total yards than the vikling.

C) The vikling only has 6.3 yards per attempt. There are 30 quarterbacks in the league that have more yards per attempt.

3) An MVP candidate must be productive in points.

a) Arian Foster, James Jones, and Trent Richardson all have more touchdowns.

b) Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have 3 times as many TD's in the passing game as the vikling running back.

c) Andy Dalton, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer, and Ryan Fitzpatrick all have double the touchdowns in the passing game.

4) An MVP has candidate has to be able to almost singlehandedly get his team into the playoffs even if the team is not that good.

The viklings are not a playoff team.

Some of you may be stupid enough to parrot whatever the Disney corporation's sports network tells you like little Woodbucky.

Most of you being Packers fans, I would expect to know something about football and at least look at some facts and formulate some criteria so as to have something intelligent to add to the conversation.

The vikling RB is not even close to being an MVP candidate. There are many more productive and valuable players on several teams as I have shown above.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 07:40 PM
CaliforniaCheez's comments are italicized and preceded by ***.

*** Woodbucky is as closed a mind as one can get!! Throwing out out unsupported advertizements for a low life vikling and refusing to discuss any facts or criteria.

Response : woodbuck27

I don't think so. I'll dance with you. I'd rather 'simply' make a bet with you. Take you for a few dollars.

Maybe there is some hope for you? That you'll 'open your mind' CaliforniaCheez.

All the same.... Let the debate begin:

*** 1) First of all and MVP must be of good moral character and represent what is good about the NFL.[/U]

*** A) The viklng was arrested in the off season.

woodbuck27: Where did that go ? Didn't I read that was tossed out? Didn't you read the same thing CaliforniaCheez? Sure you did. So where are you going there? Don't you live in a society that allows 'Freedom of Speech'? Don't you extend that right to every citizen?

*** B) The vikling during the latest labor dispute publicly equated the NFL to slavery.

woodbuck27: vikling? Excuse me ....but that's 'Viking' ... 'no 'L' in there.

Isn't 'the man' entitled to eliciting his opinion? If so why not? I can't wait to find out why your outraged?

*** C) The same vikling has been ticketed multiple times for endangering the public by high speed driving; once on December's icy roads.

woodbuck27: Was that since this season began? We're discussing Adrian Peterson for NFL MVP for this season, the 2012 season.

Try to FOCUS ! Thanks. :???:

*** 2) An MVP candidate has to be productive in yards.

*** A) The vikling only has 2023 total yards.

woodbuck27: After 14 games, 1812 of those yards were rushing yards and an outrageously excellent 6.3 yards/carry.

The number two RB is Marshawn Lynch with an almost 100 yards per game average and total of 1379 yards (5.1 yards/carry). That's really good and 'only' 433 yards short of Adrian 'ALL DAY' Peterson.

*** B) Drew Brees has 4335 yards passing.
Tom Brady 4276 yards.
Tony Romo 4269 yards.
Matthew Stafford 4252 yards
Matthew Ryan 4202 yards
That's more than double some vikling. Even Randall Cobb is more productive with more total yards than the vikling.

woodbuck27: Your point of relevancy? Help me here!

Arn't Drew Brees,Tom Brady,Tony Romo, Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan QB's?

WR Randall Cobb's total yards includes yards receiving/rushing/KO and punt returns.

The performance of Adrian Peterson is confined to his outstanding accomplisment this season 'just' rushing the ball. Try to focus on the fact that Adrian Peterson is by far and predominately a RB. :whist:

*** C) The vikling only has 6.3 yards per attempt. There are 30 quarterbacks in the league that have more yards per attempt.

woodbuck27: Again ....your point of relevancy?

A QB pass's the ball to some other eligible receiver (player) . So the resultant statistic depends on the performance of two players. Adrian Peterson is just 'one man' that runs the ball like no other man in the NFL.

*** 3) An MVP candidate must be productive in points.

*** a) Arian Foster, James Jones, and Trent Richardson all have more touchdowns.

woodbuck27:

Adrian Peterson has rushed for 11 TD's. Trent Richardson the same not more.

Arian Foster has carried the ball 36 more times than AP for .0431 TD's per carry compared to AP's .0381 TD's per carry, or a difference of 0.005 TD's carry. Not alot !

James Jones for NFL MVP!? Are you promoting that? if so I suspect that your the 'only' one.

*** b) Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have 3 times as many TD's in the passing game as the vikling running back.

woodbuck27: ** See my already referenced statement to QB's above please.

*** c) Andy Dalton, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer, and Ryan Fitzpatrick all have double the touchdowns in the passing game.

woodbuck27: More QB's.... Andy Dalton, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer, and Ryan Fitzpatrick and why?

Will any one of them ever be considered for NFL MVP CalifornisCheez?

*** 4) An MVP has candidate has to be able to almost singlehandedly get his team into the playoffs even if the team is not that good.

woodbuck27: Is that ' YOUR LAW '? If so, maybe you might want to revise it?

*** The viklings are not a playoff team.

woodbuck27: See above and .... what is your point...the relevancy?

*** Some of you may be stupid enough to parrot whatever the Disney corporation's sports network tells you like little Woodbucky.

Most of you being Packers fans, I would expect to know something about football and at least look at some facts and formulate some criteria so as to have something intelligent to add to the conversation.

woodbuck27: I suggest that you keep this between 'just us'.

** I offered you a bet. Put your money where your prejudice is ! I offered you a $ 1000.00 $ bet. How can we make this formal?

*** The vikling RB is not even close to being an MVP candidate.

woodbuck27: SEE **

*** There are many more productive and valuable players on several teams as I have shown above.

woodbuck27: If you really believe that!? Then take me on in that bet..... or think about opening your mind :whist:

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 11:49 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9cc2?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-vikings

(Leslie) Frazier: ‘No doubt’ AP is MVP

Posted by NBCSports.com ... December 20, 2012, 7:11 PM EST

Video:

Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier joins PFT to discuss the historic season RB Adrian Peterson is in the midst of, if he’s seen improvements from QB Christian Ponder, and to what extent he would go to in order to ensure AP breaks the single-season rushing record.

woodbuck27
02-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Hey CaliforniaCheez:

Who's the 2012 NFL Season MVP?

woodbuck27
02-02-2013, 09:29 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130202/rg3-arians-kuechly-claim-yearly-awards/

(Adrian) Peterson wins MVP, Offensive Player of Year awards

Peterson returned better than ever from the left knee surgery, rushing for 2,097 yards, 9 short of breaking Dickerson's record. He also sparked the Vikings' turnaround from 3-13 to 10-6 and a wild-card playoff berth.

He received 30½ votes to 19½ for Manning.

"I played my heart out, every opportunity I had," Peterson said. "The result of that is not what I wanted, which is being in the Super Bowl game. But I have a couple of good pieces of hardware to bring back and (put) in my statue area. So it feels good." ..."