PDA

View Full Version : Mice & Men - Bears II

LegandofthePack15
12-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Like the great Bob McGinn, I don't post my assessment on the Packers until after I re-watch every play of the Packers' latest game in half an hour on "NFL Shortcuts." And like McGinn, I call it like I see it.

With a victory over the downtrodden Bears, the Packers clinched the NFC North. But as some basketball team from Chicago used to say, it doesn't mean a thing without the muttafucca ring.

Here are the Mice and Men for the Packer-Bear rematch, a rematch that rivals only Holyfield Vs. Tyson, part duex.

Mice (Duds):

Crosby - The Bears' new/old kicker is 300 or 400 years old and he hasn't kicked since the Renaissance. Still, vampire Orlindo Mare out-kicked and out-played the Snowman Mason Crosby. If everyone had the same job security that Crosby has, we all would be living in a Mars society (note: I wanna delete "s" and add "xist" next to "Mar" but this forum ain't FYI).

McCarthy - The Packers may be better than the Bears offensively, and once in a blue moon, defensively, but their special teams will never be better than the Bears' as long as Lovie Smith is boss there. McCarthy tried to outshine Smith with the boneheaded Cobb to Ross gadget play; it backfired like Marshall Newhouse falling on his rear end. McCarthy is also a rodent for not feeding DuJuan Harris the rock enough.

Kuhn - Why the fuck is this guy still getting rushing attempts? Just a waste of downs every time Kuhn carries the ball. And please, McCarthy, stop playing this guy on third downs. Kuhn doesnt scare anyone as a receiving threat.

Newhouse - This guy has got to be the worst LT in the NFL. Newhouse is not strong and he falls on his butt very often. One play, Peppers zipped right by Newhouse with not even a push, Newhouse fell right on his butt, and Rodgers got sacked.

Grant - Fumble was inexcusable. I was once a big fan of Grant (and yes, he's still very handsome), but now I am in favor of playing Harris over Grant.

Men (Studs):

J-Mike - Of Finley's 5 receptions, 3 of them converted 3rd downs; Finley also drew pass interference on the 3rd down play in the redzone - a play in which Rodgers overthrew him. Contrary to popular belief, it was not J-Mike's fault on the play that saw Peppers hit Rodgers freely for a 15 yards penalty; J-Mike was in fact WIDE OPEN but Rodgers chose to throw to a well covered Greg Jennings instead. The long reception over the middle on the seam route was awesome.

Cobb - Continues playing at a high level. A couple of negatives in this game though: dropped a slightly overthrown ball that could've gone for 6 if caught, and the "lateral" to Ross was slightly under-thrown.

James Jones - 3 touchdowns were second only to Al Bundy's 4 tds. Would've done me wonder in fantasy football but unfortunately I am no longer playing in all of my leagues.

Shields - If this guy were in the NBA, he'd get fined for flopping. Ok, I keed. But Shields is not very strong. He falls down easily. Got lucky he was getting calls in this game. Flopping aside, Shields covered very well.

The Claymaker - If only he weren't a wimp with his hammy, this guy would be threatening the sack record and in the run for DPY. In my humble opinion, Matthews' "sexy boy" sack celebration was kinda, well, queer. But I would love to use it as my avatar if anyone could make a gif of it for moi.

Capers - Another MVP game plan by Capers, although covering Marshall with LBs on the Bears only td drive kinda suck (including on Marshall's td catch). Raji played well. Hayward got a gift from 'same ole Jay.' Hawk and Jones played well after a slow start. Burnett was godawful on the pass interference but overall he had a nice game. Overall, defense dominated "da" Bears.

Rodgers - Made some nice throws. But I am starting to worry about the long balls. Rodgers slightly overthrew Cobb in the red zone in the 1st or 2nd quarter. Ditto, the play in which Finely drew PI. And once again, Rodgers overthrew an open Jennings on a bomb late in the game. Awaiting Patler to show up to provide me with some numbers that bombs only hit about 10% of the time.

pbmax
12-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Of course Finley would be wide open, he probably wasn't where he was supposed to be. :lol:

Brad Jones played a whale of a game and might be the better ILB right now on the Packers. He's not a run stuffer, but he does everything else well. At least versus the Bears. And he might develop a down hill toughness as he filled extremely on a wide Bears run in the middle of the game. His doppleganger had a good game for Dallas. Tall ILB might be the new black.

Kuhn gained a couple of yards on 3rd down in a four down situation. Hard to dislike that. Running up the gut can help the outside zone.

Mike Neal came back from an injury within 2 weeks.

Jerel Worthy is invisible. I am not sure if that is bad or just that I am not noticing his contribution.

ThunderDan
12-17-2012, 09:08 AM
From the Packer Post Chicago Game Thread posted yesterday!

I guess I'll put Studs and Duds here instead of starting a different thread.

The Packers D dominated the Bears today. The Bears could only manage points off of a missed FG and two fumbles. A really bad call by MM on a lateral on a punt return kept the Bears in the game.

Studs:
James Jones had 5 catched for 60 yards and 3 TDs.
Randall Cobb had 6 cataches for 115 yards. His only negative in the game was he needs to make fair catches on some punts.
Jermichael Finley had another strong outing with 5 catches for 61 yards.
Dom Capers - The D held Chicago to 190 net yards for the game and held Cutler to 12-21 for 135 yards 1TD and 1INT. The Bears rushed the ball 23 times for 83 yards.
Mike Neal - Mr. Injury had 1.5 sacks on the game and provided a lot of push up the middle.
BJ Raji- he was in the Bears backfiled all day.
Sam Shields had a strong game. He got thrown at a lot and did great. He even got a defensive PI called on him when the WR facemasked him.

Duds:
Mason Crosby missed two 40 yard filed goals. The first one wasn't even close. If he makes either one the game is a breeze at the end. Instead the D needed to make a stop and did to finish the game.
Troy Aikman is horrible. I can't stand this clown. Julius Peppers lanches himself helmet to helmet with ARod and he can't understand why it was flagged.
MM and Shawn Slocum - The Packers had the game in hand and the Packers try a stupid trick play on a punt return and give the ball to the Bears in the Packers red zone. You can't give a team extra chance to score and win playoff football games.

ThunderDan
12-17-2012, 09:11 AM
McCarthy - The Packers may be better than the Bears offensively, and once in a blue moon, defensively, but their special teams will never be better than the Bears' as long as Lovie Smith is boss there. McCarthy tried to outshine Smith with the boneheaded Cobb to Ross gadget play; it backfired like Marshall Newhouse falling on his rear end. McCarthy is also a rodent for not feeding DuJuan Harris the rock enough.
[B]

While I agree MM and SLocum were idiots this game, the Packers completely destroyed the Bears in special teams at Lambeau earlier in the year and had a fake FG attempt for a TD.

LegandofthePack15
12-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Troy Aikman is horrible. I can't stand this clown

I actually like the duo of Aikman and Buck. Think they're the best tandem since Madden and Summerall.

LegandofthePack15
12-17-2012, 09:24 AM
While I agree MM and SLocum were idiots this game, the Packers completely destroyed the Bears in special teams at Lambeau earlier in the year and had a fake FG attempt for a TD.

Yeah, the Packers did. But part of me think McCarthy and Slocum are running gadget plays on ST against the Bears to show them up since the Bears have been showing up the Packers on ST for years.

Obviously, if Ross ran the rock for 6, the two would've looked like geniuses. Still think it was the wrong decision since Cobb's the Packers best returner and you want the ball in your best returners hands.

pbmax
12-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah, the Packers did. But part of me think McCarthy and Slocum are running gadget play on ST against the Bears to show them up since the Bears have been showing up the Packers on ST for years.

Obviously, if Ross ran the rock for 6, the two would've looked like geniuses. Still think it was the wrong decision since Cobb's the Packers best returner and you want the ball in your best returners hands.

McCarthy said he OK'd the gadget play in part because Rodgers had just had his ankle rolled up on.

No, that doesn't make sense either, unless he thought it was going to result in a huge field position win and that he could trot out Harrell for 3 handoffs. Which he could have done anyway.

Patler
12-17-2012, 09:43 AM
McCarthy said he OK'd the gadget play in part because Rodgers had just had his ankle rolled up on.

No, that doesn't make sense either, unless he thought it was going to result in a huge field position win and that he could trot out Harrell for 3 handoffs. Which he could have done anyway.

Nah, he assumed it would go for a TD, so he could run out his kickoff team and his defense while Rodgers was being checked out!

woodbuck27
12-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Nah, he assumed it would go for a TD, so he could run out his kickoff team and his defense while Rodgers was being checked out!

There is no excuse for that 'off in La La Land' idiotic play call in such a close game. That call simply sucked ! It's crap like that 'the MM brainstorms' that are going to kill us in the end. Mark my words if it won't come down to a lousy MM decision. A ' how do I explain myself out of that ' situation that fans like you will suck up.

Pugger
12-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Agreed, that boneheaded ST play at that point in the game was inexcusable and I pray they remove that one from the playbook pronto. One, it was unnecessary and two, why throw the lateral to ROSS??? :shock:

Smeefers
12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Man, there's a lot of hate for MM today. I don't know about you guys, but when he called in for us to run in a fake punt or FG's to get TD's, or when we kicked an onside kick out of the blue and we got it, everyone was all smiles, only covering themselves with a "but it's risky!! Hooo boy." So one didn't go his way. We still won the game. If you're going to give him fault for that one play, then you have to give him credit for the 140 other ones that went on to give us the win. I would not call him a dud by any means. the bears are a tough opponent, we were in their house, and we beat them.

I swear, you guys wouldn't be happy with a coach unless Patler was the coach and you all had his personal phone so you could call him during the game and tell him what to do.

denverYooper
12-17-2012, 10:09 AM

I'd bet they saw the Bears unit going hell-bent for Cobb and thought Ross would have a great opportunity. The poor execution sure made it look like a real stinker, though.

The other potential thing that could have done is give opposing coverage units something extra to think about, although the result of the play yesterday likely nullifies most of that edge.

denverYooper
12-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Man, there's a lot of hate for MM today. I don't know about you guys, but when he called in for us to run in a fake punt or FG's to get TD's, or when we kicked an onside kick out of the blue and we got it, everyone was all smiles, only covering themselves with a "but it's risky!! Hooo boy." So one didn't go his way. We still won the game. If you're going to give him fault for that one play, then you have to give him credit for the 140 other ones that went on to give us the win. I would not call him a dud by any means. the bears are a tough opponent, we were in their house, and we beat them.

I swear, you guys wouldn't be happy with a coach unless Patler was the coach and you all had his personal phone so you could call him during the game and tell him what to do.

MM also went for it on 4th and 2, with the drive resulting in a TD instead of another 40something yard FG attempt.

Pugger
12-17-2012, 10:24 AM

But it wasn't necessary. We had a 2 possession lead with only 8 minutes to go in the game. Our defense was stuffing them so why not field the punt and go on offense like usual instead of trying a trick play there? On that fake FG where Crabby scored the game was still in question and it was early in the game. I don't think we are hating on MM but just calling him out on this.

Patler
12-17-2012, 10:31 AM
But it wasn't necessary. We had a 2 possession lead with only 8 minutes to go in the game. Our defense was stuffing them so why not field the punt and go on offense like usual instead of trying a trick play there? On that fake FG where Crabby scored the game was still in question and it was early in the game. I don't think we are hating on MM but just calling him out on this.

That, and the risk factor is a lot different going for it on 4th and 2 well into Bear territory on the one hand, and risking fancy ball handling on a punt received even deeper into your own end of the field.

pbmax
12-17-2012, 11:21 AM

No hate and I love all the "exotics" on STs for the reasons DY lists below. But that was neither the field position, score or time left in game to pull that one out of your hat. Maybe in first half.

To do it to protect Rodgers was very unproductive at a minimum.

Smidgeon
12-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Jerel Worthy is invisible. I am not sure if that is bad or just that I am not noticing his contribution.

I'm hoping that Worthy benefits from the offseason. He's clearly in that "what worked so well in college isn't working here" stage. If Trgo can get some good time with him, he could still be a player.

denverYooper
12-17-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm hoping that Worthy benefits from the offseason. He's clearly in that "what worked so well in college isn't working here" stage. If Trgo can get some good time with him, he could still be a player.

He's hit the wall and the wall is sitting on top of him. He's always been a guy that I thought would be a year 3 beast because he's still a bit light yet.

mraynrand
12-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Stud: Tramon Williams

I traveled a lot with him (Marshall) today, We just mixed up coverages. Played a lot of one-high (safety). Half safety over the top sometimes.

That's what they were asking for. For the most part, we gave them opportunities and they couldn't do nothing with it.

Freak Out
12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
I actually like the duo of Aikman and Buck. Think they're the best tandem since Madden and Summerall.

This proves that you are a masochist. Buck is kind of of ok....Aikman sucks donkey balls.

pbmax
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Love Tramontana. Also loved the broadcast showing him talking and talking and talking to a Bear receiver after a failed pass. I haven't noticed Tramontana doing a lot of trash talk on the field, so perhaps he was a bit fired up. :lol:

pbmax
12-17-2012, 01:24 PM
This proves that you are a masochist. Buck is kind of of ok....Aikman sucks donkey balls.

Really? I know Tank be trolling, but I thought Aikman had been having one of his better years. His previous two games for the Packers were pretty good. Buck, I could take or leave him. But Troy actually seemed to be driving the conversation to something resembling football this year. There was less Buck and his inaccurate inanities.

Just bring back Freaky Marv Albert and Paul Maguire. Or hell, just being in the Tsar of the Telestrator Mike Fratello.

3irty1
12-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Kuhn is there on 3rd down because he's the only one who can pick up a blitz.

George Cumby
12-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Love Tramontana. Also loved the broadcast showing him talking and talking and talking to a Bear receiver after a failed pass. I haven't noticed Tramontana doing a lot of trash talk on the field, so perhaps he was a bit fired up. :lol:

BM jacked the lads up last week with his ludicrous little show. The boys were extra...... motivated. :grin:

George Cumby
12-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Really? I know Tank be trolling, but I thought Aikman had been having one of his better years. His previous two games for the Packers were pretty good. Buck, I could take or leave him. But Troy actually seemed to be driving the conversation to something resembling football this year. There was less Buck and his inaccurate inanities.

Just bring back Freaky Marv Albert and Paul Maguire. Or hell, just being in the Tsar of the Telestrator Mike Fratello.

I don't share the Aikman hate. He used to be much more biased about the Pack. The last few years he's been awfully favorable; just rewatch the SB run.

PA Pack Fan
12-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Aikman is getting worse every week. I don't think he's getting laid.

Zool
12-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Buck is kind of of ok....Aikman sucks donkey balls.

Buck is the anti-christ. He is the epitome of everything I hate about the media in sports. He should be put down.

Bossman641
12-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Aikman is getting worse every week. I don't think he's getting laid.

Lol.

Aikman certainly riles up the masses. Count me among those who think Aikman is anti-Packer. I also can't stand the way he says Green Bay.

denverYooper
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Buck is the anti-christ. He is the epitome of everything I hate about the media in sports. He should be put down.

Lol. When I saw Buck wearing glasses a few weeks ago I thought, "Wow. He looks like an even bigger asshole with glasses on."

denverYooper
12-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Lol.

Aikman certainly riles up the masses. Count me among those who think Aikman is anti-Packer. I also can't stand the way he says Green Bay.

He goes all in on "Greeeen"

KYPack
12-17-2012, 03:01 PM
I've never noticed Aikmann's pronunciation of Green Bay.

How does he say it?

I know, that shit is hard to type.

Bossman641
12-17-2012, 03:15 PM

How does he say it?

To me, he says it like it is one word. He has no pause between Green and Bay, and he puts too much emphasis on Green. So it almost comes out as GrEEnBay.

Cheesehead Craig
12-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Just gimme Dan Fouts any day of the week. Fantastic analyst.

TravisWilliams23
12-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Aikman was really being a douche on the Pepper's roughing the passer penalty that kept the drive going. They showed one angle where you could clearly see a lunge and helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers but for some reason FOX chose to re-run the backside angle that made the call look kind of ticky-tac.
Plus, he couldn't let go of the grab by Shields that wasn't called on the 4th down play late in the game. GB got away with one there but there were some that could have been called on the Bears that weren't but he didn't get a hard-on about those. It really is hard to watch a game with those 2 yahoos announcing.

Freak Out
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM

:)

woodbuck27
12-17-2012, 05:06 PM

How does he say it?

Gruun Bey.

LegandofthePack15
12-18-2012, 08:29 AM

I am definitely NOT trolling. I like Buck and Aikman a lot. The duo always do their research and they're always prepared. They've done so many Packers games lately, they're just as informed about the Packers as McGinn and Silverstein are.

Buck and Aikman are very good at what they do. The fact that they're Fox #1 team is proof.

Some Packers fans need to stop hating Aikman. Dude doesn't play for the Cowboys anymore. :grin:

Smeefers
12-18-2012, 08:40 AM
I am definitely NOT trolling. I like Buck and Aikman a lot. The duo always do their research and they're always prepared. They've done so many Packers games lately, they're just as informed about the Packers as McGinn and Silverstein are.

Buck and Aikman are very good at what they do. The fact that they're Fox #1 team is proof.

Some Packers fans need to stop hating Aikman. Dude doesn't play for the Cowboys anymore. :grin:

Yes, it sounds right that because Buck and Aik spent 6 days in Green Bay that they're as informed as the local sports writer. That doesn't sound stupid at all.

Yes, seeing as a news network calls the team number one, that sounds like proof to me that the duo is in fact the best ever. There's no way that something so subjective could be skewed by someones personal opinion. The news networks say it's so, so it's so.

LegandofthePack15
12-18-2012, 09:12 AM

Sure, Kuhn is the Packers' best pass protector out of the RBs. Problem is, teams don't blitz the Packers much anymore.

Most of the time Kuhn runs across the LOS and becomes a receiving option. He doesn't scare anyone. Too slow. LBs don't worry about Kuhn; just tackle him he behind the 1st down marker should Rodgers dump the ball to him.

Against the Bears, I saw lbs chasing after Grant/Green/Harris on passing plays in the flat, thus opening up holes over the middle. Kuhn, not so much.

Freak Out
12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Matt Millen is better than Aikman for fucks sake.

pbmax
12-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Matt Millen is better than Aikman for fucks sake.

Does that mean Aikman would make a better GM?

mraynrand
12-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I like Buck and Aikman a lot. The duo always do their research and they're always prepared. They've done so many Packers games lately, they're just as informed about the Packers as McGinn and Silverstein are.

They're a couple of bumblefucks. The Packers at one time were running behind a line of EDS, Outhouse, Lang, Saturday, Sitton, Barclay, and Van Rotten, and those two losers were so busy chatting about some inanity that they missed it. They glanced over missed alignments and other interesting bits that add some depth to the game as well. They are pretty superficial and boring, so I do agree that they are a lot like John Madman and Pat Underall.

mraynrand
12-18-2012, 10:34 AM

No, It just means the Lions might be the only team interested in him.

red
12-18-2012, 10:43 AM
this list should tell you all you need to know about #88

5 catches for 60 yards = BEAST MODE, and STUD!!!!!!!!!

for him, yes, its a big improvement. compared to the rest of the nfl, his monster game was a pretty average day for a lot of TE's out there

LegandofthePack15
12-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Aikman was really being a douche on the Pepper's roughing the passer penalty that kept the drive going. They showed one angle where you could clearly see a lunge and helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers but for some reason FOX chose to re-run the backside angle that made the call look kind of ticky-tac.
Plus, he couldn't let go of the grab by Shields that wasn't called on the 4th down play late in the game. GB got away with one there but there were some that could have been called on the Bears that weren't but he didn't get a hard-on about those. It really is hard to watch a game with those 2 yahoos announcing.

You should get Fox to steal Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon away from CBS. The two hardly ever criticize the Packers. Harlan because his daddy used to rule the Packers. Gannon because McCarthy helped him earn millions playing in the NFL. :talk:

hoosier
12-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I know Charles Woodson didn't play on Sunday but think he still makes the "Men" category for his postgame commentary:
"Those guys don’t really hate us; we feel like they’re in awe of us, the way we respond as a team and not as individual guys out there. We just wanted to come in and show them what a real team is all about."

LegandofthePack15
12-18-2012, 10:59 AM
They're a couple of bumblefucks. The Packers at one time were running behind a line of EDS, Outhouse, Lang, Saturday, Sitton, Barclay, and Van Rotten, and those two losers were so busy chatting about some inanity that they missed it. They glanced over missed alignments and other interesting bits that add some depth to the game as well. They are pretty superficial and boring, so I do agree that they are a lot like John Madman and Pat Underall.

Sorry, Rand, I wasn't around when Dandy Dan and Frank Gifford or whoever were calling games.

Madden and Summerall: G.O.A.T. Aikman and Buck are a close second; they're the best today.

Quit bitching. Aikman and Buck called something like 300 straight Packer games in 2010. The Packers ended up winning the SB.

LegandofthePack15
12-18-2012, 11:04 AM

for him, yes, its a big improvement. compared to the rest of the nfl, his monster game was a pretty average day for a lot of TE's out there

J-Mike would be putting up record-breaking numbers in a TE-happy offense like New England's. Hell, Brady is making an average TE in Aaron Hernandez look like Tony Gonzalez.

mraynrand
12-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Quit bitching. Aikman and Buck called something like 300 straight Packer games in 2010. The Packers ended up winning the SB.

non sequitur.

Madman, Underall, Eichmann, and Uncle Buck all suck.

Harlan and Gannon are actually pretty good; but I don't need home cooking for the Packers.

Freak Out
12-18-2012, 11:24 AM

Now that's a question we need answered. How awesome would that be if Detoilet hired him? :)

Zool
12-18-2012, 12:34 PM

He is whiffing on blocks more this year and the plow he's been pulling his entire career looks to have gotten heavier. Need a new FB/HB next season.

Patler
12-18-2012, 12:48 PM
He is whiffing on blocks more this year and the plow he's been pulling his entire career looks to have gotten heavier. Need a new FB/HB next season.

Kuhn has struggled with injuries since the playoff game last year. His knee(?) was still a problem in TC and the early season. Midseason, he suffered "Packer leg syndrome" (hamstring problems). He's 30 years old and could be nearing the end as an effective player in his role.

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 12:56 PM

OK that's the sort of post that endears you to all.

but....Who are John Madman and Pat Underall. A couple of British football announcers?

QBME
12-18-2012, 12:58 PM
OK that's the sort of post that endears you to all.

but....Who are John Madman and Pat Underall. A couple of British football announcers?

Not sure about Madman, but I think Pat Underall is Lacey's uncle.

TravisWilliams23
12-18-2012, 01:11 PM
You should get Fox to steal Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon away from CBS. The two hardly ever criticize the Packers. Harlan because his daddy used to rule the Packers. Gannon because McCarthy helped him earn millions playing in the NFL. :talk:

It's not that they criticize or don't criticize the Packers. It's because when they miss or choose to ignore the obvious and it has YOU as the viewer scratching your head asking "what the fuck are they looking at?" that makes the broadcast suck. I had no problem when they called out McCarthy on the 4th quarter punt/lateral/fumble return. That was OBVIOUS a very stupid call at that particular time and place of the game. Sometimes I think they talk just for the sake of talking and it adds nothing to the game. Ray Scott, where are you?

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 01:22 PM

Ohh Lordy....add a FB to the wish list.

Let's see.... we need at LT and Safety and TE and 'now' FB and it seems all that's OK. Never really having a need at RB sure will/has helped.

pbmax
12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
I know Charles Woodson didn't play on Sunday but think he still makes the "Men" category for his postgame commentary:

True trash talk is the best trash talk. After winning, of course. :lol:

pbmax
12-18-2012, 02:18 PM

Bobby is already backtracking from his sources position: from his Game Rating column (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/gbrate18-1n82gf6-183888651.html)

Jermichael Finley was outstanding as a receiver, catching five of six balls (he was in the clear 18 yards downfield on the incompletion, but Aaron Rodgers threw behind him) and wasn't spotted by Rodgers several other times. He ran a nice stop-and-go against MLB Nick Roach. He beat WLB Lance Briggs on a 31-yard seam route in which he ran over SS Major Wright to gain 12 after the catch. He beat Chris Conte inside on a WR slant for 8 on third and 2. And he showed fast feet to beat Wright as a WR on an exact up-out-in route for 8 on fourth and 2. For the eighth game in nine starts Finley (57 snaps) didn't have a drop.

I wonder how big the caveat "starts" is here because Fin's dropless streak doesn't seem that long to me. I wonder how many games he has come off the sideline for the second play.

pbmax
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
J-Mike would be putting up record-breaking numbers in a TE-happy offense like New England's. Hell, Brady is making an average TE in Aaron Hernandez look like Tony Gonzalez.

Hernandez had a case of the Finley's Sunday night.

red
12-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Bobby is already backtracking from his sources position: from his Game Rating column (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/gbrate18-1n82gf6-183888651.html)

I wonder how big the caveat "starts" is here because Fin's dropless streak doesn't seem that long to me. I wonder how many games he has come off the sideline for the second play.

i wonder how most of these guys come up with their "drops" numbers

i remember in one game where finley had like 3 throws hit in in the hands, then chest then face and the next day they talked about him having just one drop

you can take his drop number and multiply it by 2 and call it "passes he should have easily caught but somehow didn't"

red
12-18-2012, 04:11 PM

"j-mikes " ass would have been benched if he had any coach other then M3. and in a TE friendly offense he would have about 3 times as many drops, and killed drives

but hey, as long as you blow your nut to his fat head every night he'll be the best

just another example of you saying the dumbest fucking shit in the world about someone that we all know is a clown, just to piss us all off

Pugger
12-18-2012, 06:20 PM
"j-mikes " ass would have been benched if he had any coach other then M3. and in a TE friendly offense he would have about 3 times as many drops, and killed drives

but hey, as long as you blow your nut to his fat head every night he'll be the best

just another example of you saying the dumbest fucking shit in the world about someone that we all know is a clown, just to piss us all off

This is his modus operandi you know.

red
12-18-2012, 06:36 PM
don't type big words at me

i had to look that shit up

Pugger
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
don't type big words at me

i had to look that shit up

Sorry about that Red, I did that for Tank. :lol:

woodbuck27
12-19-2012, 12:03 PM
This is his modus operandi you know.

Is 'modus operandi' the latest designer drug?

Iron Mike
12-20-2012, 07:31 AM
With a victory over the downtrodden Bears, the Packers clinched the NFC North. But as some basketball team from Chicago used to say, it doesn't mean a thing without the muttafucca ring.

Well, if the league altered the rules to benefit Rodgers like the NBA did for Jordan, he'd have a grip of rings already. Like, have the refs not call holding on the Packers' O-line, or allow the WRs to push off.

Wait.............................................. .that's how Troy Aikman got his titles. :(