PDA

View Full Version : Say it Ain't So Greg Jennings!!

esoxx
12-18-2012, 05:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/18/greg-jennings-wants-adrian-peterson-to-break-rushing-record/

Greg Jennings wants Adrian Peterson to break rushing record

Posted by Mike Florio on December 18, 2012, 9:54 AM EST

AP
In a move that will be regarded by some Packers fans as evidence of dogs and cats living together, Green Bay receiver Greg Jennings says that he actually wants Vikings running back Adrian Peterson to break Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record of 2,105 yards.

Given that Peterson would need two fewer yards than his own single-game record of 296 to accomplish that feat against the Texans in Week 16, Jennings necessarily wants Peterson to break it against the Packers in Week 17.

”I want him to do it,” Jennings told Dan Patrick on Tuesday morning. “It’s impressive to see a player dominate like that. . . . It’s almost devastating if he gets that close and doesn’t get it.”

Of course, it would be more devastating if Peterson puts up a record-breaking performance as part of a Vikings win over the Packers that costs Green Bay a possible bye week and forces them to host the No. 6 seed in the wild-card round and travel to San Francisco for the next wave of the postseason.

But with Jennings’ contract expiring and no indication that the Packers are trying to keep him around, it could be that Jennings is starting to emotionally disconnect from the Green Bay franchise — and the fierce rivalries that go along with it.

:shtf:

I want no Viking to set any record at any time, especially against the Packers!!

Packer D I'm sure has a different view than Greg as well.

WTF

No place in the game for this type of thing. Grab the pitchforks and torches!

Freak Out
12-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Suspend Jennings for comments detrimental to the team.

red
12-18-2012, 06:00 PM
i was at a game years back at lambeau where shaun alexander broke the single season record for rushing touchdowns. you know what all the packer fans did?

standing ovation

AP is a great player and it sounds like a good guy off the field. what he's done this season, after his injury, is nothing short of amazing

i'll be cheering for him to get the record, i'll also be cheering for a packer win

and i'll tell you what else. I think he's the MVP

esoxx
12-18-2012, 06:06 PM
If Peterson breaks the record against them I'll tip my hat. But to say he wants him to break the record is fucked up in my book.

mraynrand
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
This is not your father's NFL: Cutler and Rodgers are buddies

Joemailman
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
AP got 210 against the Packers, and the Packers won. As long as the Packers win again, I don't care if he gets 300. I'd rather have AP have the record than Dickerson.

Pugger
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
AP got 210 against the Packers, and the Packers won. As long as the Packers win again, I don't care if he gets 300. I'd rather have AP have the record than Dickerson.

+1

pbmax
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
The conversation wasn't quite what that blurb conveys. Patrick asked him this theoretical: would you sign up for Packers winning the game and Peterson breaks the record? The man who broke his freaking leg said yes he would take that deal.

But it was an all-round awkward conversation. He later said he would consider letting him have the record late if he played defense.

hoosier
12-18-2012, 07:19 PM
The conversation wasn't quite what that blurb conveys. Patrick asked him this theoretical: would you sign up for Packers winning the game and Peterson breaks the record? The man who broke his freaking leg said yes he would take that deal.

But it was an all-round awkward conversation. He later said he would consider letting him have the record late if he played defense.

Who's the man who broke his leg? And letting him have the record brings back memories of the other phantom sack, and I don't mean Everett's.

rbaloha1
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
AP has overcome serious family issues. Appears to be a good role model.

It would be nice someone like AP to hold this record. BTW hope someone breaks Strahan's sack record. (Believe Alson Smoth of the 49ers is in good position.)

red
12-18-2012, 07:45 PM
AP has overcome serious family issues. Appears to be a good role model.

It would be nice someone like AP to hold this record. BTW hope someone breaks Strahan's sack record. (Believe Alson Smoth of the 49ers is in good position.)

i think i saw that him and watt are both on pace to break it

Joemailman
12-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Both are at 19.5.

pbmax
12-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Who's the man who broke his leg? And letting him have the record brings back memories of the other phantom sack, and I don't mean Everett's.

NSFW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU

mission
12-18-2012, 08:02 PM
I've always liked AP... that's cool if he breaks the record. It's not a single game thing, it's not like we'll be remembered as the team he went nuts on (unless he runs for 300+ ha).

Jennings needs to go back to not talking. He talked a bunch of shit before his surgery and now he comes back for a couple games and he's back to doubting he'll be a Packer and all that. Just shut up and play, Hollywo--errr, Greg.

Guiness
12-18-2012, 08:08 PM
why AD over Dickerson? I didn't think he was such a bad guy.

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 08:32 PM

They have to review that TD up top. It looks like the ball didn't cross the plane of the goal line. :?

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 08:41 PM
i was at a game years back at lambeau where shaun alexander broke the single season record for rushing touchdowns. you know what all the packer fans did?

standing ovation

AP is a great player and it sounds like a good guy off the field. what he's done this season, after his injury, is nothing short of amazing

i'll be cheering for him to get the record, i'll also be cheering for a packer win

and i'll tell you what else. I think he's the MVP

The media is sure building of late on Adrian Peterson as the MVP. Win it or not he's the MVP in the NFL this season.

Adrian Peterson has carried the Vikings when his number has been called. The following might amaze you. Adrian Peterson has had 18 carries or fewer in half of Minnesota's games this season. Minnesota's record in those seven games is 2-5. The Vikings are currently last in the NFL in passing, so you may wonder why hold back Adrian Peterson? A running back that presently is averaging over 6 yards per carry.

The whole story is amazing to many who love the NFL. I hope that I will have the distinct pleasure to see Adrian Peterson set his record against our team at the Metrodome. That, that game will be available to me at my home. I'll see him play Vs the Houston Texan's this Sunday as he reduces the total of 294 yards he needs to surpass the record.

GO AP GO !

hoosier
12-18-2012, 08:49 PM

It looks like he came down too hard on the red circle thing and his leg just went "BOOM!"

Bretsky
12-18-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm in a fanasty league in NY with progressive scoring; $500 entry and payout over 3G. We partner up. 8 cut throat teams. We have AP
I want AP to run for 250vs Green Bay and I want the Packers to win 38-21 with all three TD's coming from AP
Bretsky wants it all; the money and the Packer victory

KYPack
12-18-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm in a fanasty league in NY with progressive scoring; $500 entry and payout over 3G. We partner up. 8 cut throat teams. We have AP
I want AP to run for 250vs Green Bay and I want the Packers to win 38-21 with all three TD's coming from AP
Bretsky wants it all; the money and the Packer victory

And an 8-way.

woodbuck27
12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm checking on the Packer fans opinion of AP and breaking the record. Amazingly among Packer fans there is strong sentiment for AP getting that done and for Adrian Peterson winning the NFL MVP. I believe that AP will get a majority of fan support and AP will break Eric Dickerson's record of 2105 rushing yards, set in 1984.

The fans won't have a vote on his 2012 performance as the NFL MVP. Consider this article as you weigh in on Adrian Peterson's amazing season to date.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2012/12/18/3779538/adrian-peterson-eric-dickerson-comparison

Is Adrian Peterson's 2012 More Impressive Than Eric Dickerson's 1984?

By: Christopher Gates on Dec 18, 2012

George Cumby
12-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I got no problem with him breaking the record, provided it doesn't cost the Pack playoff seeding.

Lurker64
12-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Adrian Peterson can run for 800 yards against the Packers in week 17, so long as the Packers win the game and nobody with a white jersey gets hurt.

Packers4Glory
12-19-2012, 08:13 AM
actually. I hope he does set it in a Vikings loss.

I'd love for him to break that dickhead Eric Dickerson's record. Even better to do it in such short order after having major knee surgery. It's really is amazing what he's done this yr coming back from that so soon and soooooo damn good.

mraynrand
12-19-2012, 08:20 AM
What the hell is wrong with you people? AP can go f himself and die. I hope he gets -5 yards and cries like a baby on the sidelines. I hope Clay Matthews gets 15 sacks, wins the sack record and turns Ponder into a quivering mess, who will need therapy just to put his clothes on in the morning.

woodbuck27
12-19-2012, 08:23 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/dungy-playbook-adrian-peterson-break-eric-dickerson-single-062522409--nfl.html

The (Tony) Dungy Playbook: Can Adrian Peterson break Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record?

By Doug Farrar ... Mon, Dec 17, 2012

"But the question is, can he lead the Vikings into the playoffs? Two tough games -- at Houston, and home against Green Bay. If Adrian Peterson does lead them into the playoffs and breaks the record, I think he has to be the MVP of the league." ... Tony Dungy

[I]" Perhaps what's most amazing about Peterson's season is that he's doing all of this in an offense without a legitimate threat at quarterback. In fact, he's [B]averaging more yards per carry on the ground (6.3) than quarterback Christian Ponder is averaging per passing attempt (5.9).

Thus, Peterson is on pace to shatter an unthinkable record despite the fact that he's constantly facing defenses primed to stop him and nobody else.

As Coach Dungy said, if Peterson leads the 8-6 Vikings to the playoffs and breaks Dickerson's mark, he'd have to be the shoo-in for the NFL's MVP award." Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27: No kidding.

mraynrand
12-19-2012, 08:27 AM
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. Let's hear some Viking women lamentations for crissakes!!!

woodbuck27
12-19-2012, 08:34 AM
What the hell is wrong with you people? AP can go f himself and die. I hope he gets -5 yards and cries like a baby on the sidelines. I hope Clay Matthews gets 15 sacks, wins the sack record and turns Ponder into a quivering mess, who will need therapy just to put his clothes on in the morning.

You need a new job M.

Perhaps this with give you an idea? Put your writing skills to a better use.

http://www.magickeys.com/books/g/boybook.gif

pbmax
12-19-2012, 08:58 AM
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women. Let's hear some Viking women lamentations for crissakes!!!

Put me down as pro-lamentations.

Packers4Glory
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I prefer that he breaks the record but GB knocks them out of the playoffs. Then we can hear the QB controversy and the cries to get rid of Ponder or the coaches blah blah blah. AP breaking this record and missing the playoffs would be an epic fail. It already is, but it would make it even better. If you can run the ball like this, you should really be able to take advantage of 1 on 1 matchups w/ your WR corps.

Blame will go Ponder's way but they don't have much in the way of WR outside of Harvin who can't stay healthy and is really more of a complimentary top notch #2 guy in my opinion when he is healthy. After that it's a bunch of nobody's...including a bears cast-a-way.

Pack Attack58
12-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Nick Perry said the same thing on the radio Monday. He said he hopes AP breaks the record.

I prefer he doesn't get the record. But if he gets it and the Packers win so be it!

swede
12-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Nick Perry said the same thing on the radio Monday. He said he hopes AP breaks the record.

I prefer he doesn't get the record. But if he gets it and the Packers win so be it!

We've heard this a couple times now. I can't see how a defensive player would root for this. Maybe "breaks the record" is Packer lockerroom slang for choking on feces.

woodbuck27
12-19-2012, 11:56 AM
We've heard this a couple times now. I can't see how a defensive player would root for this. Maybe "breaks the record" is Packer lockerroom slang for choking on feces.

:laugh:

mraynrand
12-19-2012, 12:00 PM

Yeah, I'm hoping for the reverse psychology approach - If they really mean it, I hate all these pussies.

MadtownPacker
12-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Maybe they have AP on their fantasy team.

Fritz
12-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Now that's damn funny.

esoxx
12-19-2012, 05:23 PM

Finally, a voice of reason. I just assumed that was the majority opinion.

Actually, I hope he gets the record on the final play of the game with 8 seconds left. Bedlam in the shitdome ensues!

But wait, there's a flag, there is a flag down on the field! Holding Vikings!
Since no timeouts left, there's a 10 second run off, play is nullified, record reversed!
Oh snap!

Better luck next year viking fan.

Freak Out
12-19-2012, 05:28 PM

I'm with Rand here....fuck the Vikings and AP.

Freak Out
12-19-2012, 05:30 PM
You need a new job M.

http://www.magickeys.com/books/g/boybook.gif

Sorry Woody...the world does not need Rand writing bedtime stories. :)

Pugger
12-20-2012, 09:01 AM
I prefer that he breaks the record but GB knocks them out of the playoffs. Then we can hear the QB controversy and the cries to get rid of Ponder or the coaches blah blah blah. AP breaking this record and missing the playoffs would be an epic fail. It already is, but it would make it even better. If you can run the ball like this, you should really be able to take advantage of 1 on 1 matchups w/ your WR corps.

Blame will go Ponder's way but they don't have much in the way of WR outside of Harvin who can't stay healthy and is really more of a complimentary top notch #2 guy in my opinion when he is healthy. After that it's a bunch of nobody's...including a bears cast-a-way.

But I want MN to keep Ponder!

mmmdk
12-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey Minnesota...Ponder is great...I wish he played for the Browns so Pack wouldn't face him, like, twice a year! 'Cos I really fear Ponder...I really do...we all do!!!

Iron Mike
12-20-2012, 02:37 PM

You need a new job M.

http://registered-weapon.com/images/conan.jpg

Fixed. :)

Upnorth
12-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Finally, a voice of reason. I just assumed that was the majority opinion.

Actually, I hope he gets the record on the final play of the game with 8 seconds left. Bedlam in the shitdome ensues!

But wait, there's a flag, there is a flag down on the field! Holding Vikings!
Since no timeouts left, there's a 10 second run off, play is nullified, record reversed!
Oh snap!

Better luck next year viking fan.

You sirt are merciless. I like it! Best plan so far thus repped.

woodbuck27
12-21-2012, 01:15 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/photo/2012/1210/nfl_g_peterson_gb2_640.jpg&w=640&h=360

I'm seeing a deja Vu experience.

esoxx
12-28-2012, 06:53 PM
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Adrian_Peterson_believes_hell_break_record_despite _ongoing_gut_pain122712

So, AP thinks he's going to break the record. Pretty fucking audacious if you ask me.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Adrian Peterson doesn't think a sore abdomen will slow him down as he guns for Eric Dickerson's single-season NFL rushing record on Sunday.

But the Minnesota Vikings' star halfback admitted on Thursday he didn't feel right when he gave way to backup Toby Gerhart late in last weekend's game at Houston.

"I feel like it was best for Toby to go in at that point in time on that play, that he would give us a better opportunity to get it in the end zone," Peterson said of Gerhart, who ended up scoring a 3-yard touchdown to ice the Vikings' 23-6 victory.

"I didn't want to be selfish just because we was down by the end zone and go in there and not be able to go 100 percent. Toby did a good job of executing and finishing that drive."

Peterson has been battling the pain in his gut for nearly a month and has been limited in practice the past four weeks. But he hadn't missed any game action until Sunday.

His last carry came with 6 minutes, 46 seconds left, after which Gerhart and Matt Asiata carried the ball seven more times. That left Peterson with 86 yards on 25 carries -- 207 yards short of Dickerson's standard entering the finale against Green Bay.

Dickerson rushed for 2,105 yards on 379 carries (5.6 average) in 1984, his second season in the NFL. Peterson has 1,898 yards on 314 carries (6.0 average) with one game to go in his sixth season and still feels he has "a good chance" of getting at least 208 on Sunday.

"I believe it," Peterson said. "In order to accomplish it, you've got to believe it, you know? Deep down inside, I feel like I'll get it."

Part of that confidence no doubt stems from Peterson's last meeting with the Packers on Dec. 2 at Lambeau Field, where he ran for 210 yards on 21 carries in a 23-14 loss.

"The guys up front just outwilled the guys in front of them," Peterson said. "I was just able to make some big plays when opportunities were presented to me. I missed some as well."

The Packers played that game without two starters, end C.J. Wilson and outside linebacker Clay Matthews, who are among their best against the run.

Matthews, who had a hamstring injury, returned to action two weeks ago and has played well. Wilson tested his ailing knee in practice on Wednesday and could be back for the rematch as well.

Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers may take a cue from the Texans, who dropped Peterson for loss or no gain 14 times and snapped his streak of eight 100-yard performances by clogging the cutback lanes with defensive backs and letting star end J.J. Watt wreak havoc from all over the line.

"I feel like those guys are going to come in and try to stop the run, of course, like every other team," Peterson said. "We're going to do a good job of establishing the line up front and being productive in the run game. But we've got to be balanced, so the receivers and Christian (Ponder, the Vikings' quarterback), those guys are going to have to contribute."

In the end, Peterson's chances may boil down to game flow. The Vikings can clinch a playoff berth with a win, and coach Leslie Frazier has gone out of his way to make clear the team's only goal on Sunday is to emerge with a win.

Selected to his fifth Pro Bowl on Wednesday, Peterson says he's buying in -- but he's making no secret the record remains on his mind.

"It's definitely something I still want to accomplish." Peterson said. "Ultimately, the most important thing is getting to the postseason and getting a 'W'. I'll be satisfied with both, but definitely satisfied with the 'W' first."

esoxx
12-28-2012, 06:55 PM
He can go suck a goat sack. And all you MF'ers on the AP MVP train can go suck along side of him. Bitch ain't going to get the record nor a playoff spot. Suck it hard Viking fan!

esoxx
12-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Packers need to shut his bitch ass up. Bulletin board material!!! Yeah, I'm confident I'll rush for 208 - YAWN Good for you AP, good for you.

Got another thing coming bitch.

esoxx
12-28-2012, 07:00 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/12/packers-we-respect-adrian-peterson-but-dont-want-him-to-break-rushing-record/

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is having an amazing season and is just 208 yards short of the all-time single season rushing record with one game to go. With the Green Bay Packers on the schedule, AP has a shot. He rushed for 210 yards against the same Packers team on December 2nd.

Everyone is aware of the record, even the Packers.

If they have it their way though, the record will stand by the time their game against the Vikings is done.

Per Jsonline: “If anybody deserves to get the record, it’s definitely AP. No doubt about it,” said Packers cornerback Tramon Williams. “But unfortunately, they’re playing us. We want to put our best foot forward. It’s going to be a tough task. We know that already.”

“He’s a great guy. I’ve gotten to know him outside of football,” said Packers linebacker Clay Matthews. “You’d love to see a guy who has worked so hard and has overcome so much to win that crown – but ultimately that is against our defense. I don’t think any of us want to see that happen. We’ll do our best to try and contain him. He’s a fantastic guy, he’ll make his plays, but let’s hope we don’t give up 200 yards again to him.”
We’ll see if Peterson can pull it off. Anytime he steps on the field he has a chance to have a huge game.

esoxx
12-28-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm confused. Greg Jennings wants AP to get the record.

And yet, Packer defenders seem to have a different view. Why could that be? Can't we all just get along?

Bretsky
12-28-2012, 07:58 PM

And yet, Packer defenders seem to have a different view. Why could that be? Can't we all just get along?

Here is Esoxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK7Iko-qIgs

and his fan club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g49rW7pttsQ

Pugger
12-29-2012, 06:59 AM

Greg doesn't have to tackle him.

We fans forget that a lot of these guys are cordial off the football field so I'm not surprises some of them want AP to get the record - as long as we win the game. I don't want him to get the record OR win the MVP award!

Tony Oday
12-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Jennings is looking for his retirement contract, aka Vikings signing our aging vets contract.

denverYooper
12-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Jennings is looking for his retirement contract, aka Vikings signing our aging vets contract.

Don't they have an Applebee's there?

gbgary
12-29-2012, 02:31 PM
pft says dolphins will have nearly nearly 45 mil in cap space next season. I think we've found where he'll end up.

woodbuck27
12-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm wondering just how many times we've swept our NFC North Division rivals in a season since the Minnesota Vikings joined the NFL?

OK I've got the answer;

We did that for the first time since the NFL adopted the divisional format (1967) last season (2011) when we defeated the Detroit Lions in week 17. We're trying to do that for the scond time and in back to back seasons tomorrow @ Minnesota Vikings.

Reference;

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/passerrating-record-an-interesting-subplot-for-rodgers-2n3jprg-136491683.html

A division in the ranks: There's a reason McCarthy has talked a lot about sweeping the NFC North in the week preceding the Lions game.

It's because the Packers have never swept their division since the NFL adopted the divisional format in 1967.

According to the Packers, the only team to sweep the NFC North/Central was the 1987 Chicago Bears (7-0). Under McCarthy, the Packers have gone 26-9 against division opponents.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-29-2012, 04:41 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Playoffs-begin-in-Metrodome/ed0e43fa-1e9c-486e-bc2a-c7794dc80efa

Playoffs begin in Metrodome

Posted Dec 27, 2012

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Tackling Adrian Peterson easier said than done

Posted Dec 27, 2012

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Tackling-Adrian-Peterson-easier-said-than-done/f22b2173-ee6a-4f37-9bc7-c2b6b771ac22

GO PACK GO !

rbaloha1
12-29-2012, 06:36 PM
pft says dolphins will have nearly nearly 45 mil in cap space next season. I think we've found where he'll end up.

Yup. Dolphins need receivers.

KYPack
12-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Yup. Dolphins need receivers.

+ the "Phibin connection".

It could well happen, we are gonna lose some guys that we don't wanna lose.

imscott72
12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
I would gladly let Jennings go if it means we get to extend other guys like Matthews.