PDA

View Full Version : James Jones 2nd TD - Cover 2 Beater

pbmax
12-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Great work by Matt Bowen deconstructing the 2nd Jones TD from 8 yards out.

Play designed to get one one one coverage in middle of field and clear out the LBs. This is McCarthy's job and, to a lesser extent Rodgers, to get that matchup.

But then Jones needs to beat his guy one on one. Its James Jones versus the nickel back and Jones wins. There is more on how the play developed, including more All-22 captures, in the full article, link below.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Film-Study-Rodgers-beats-the-Bears-Cover-2.html

Personnel: Posse (3WR-1TE-1RB)
Formation: Doubles Slot “Dakota”
Route Concept: Double Smash-Seam
Defensive Scheme: Nickel Cover 2

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c1910342/media_center/images/static/media_box/Z1.png

Cheesehead Craig
12-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Nice breakdown.

woodbuck27
12-19-2012, 10:03 AM
That was good. The key... the pass protection giving Rodgers time to find that look.

I loved the TD catch that James Jones made on the LH side of Aaron Rodgers. That.... a tight window.

James Jones focus on that TD pass was amazing.

GO PACKERS !

swede
12-19-2012, 11:46 AM
That was good. The key... the pass protection giving Rodgers time to find that look.

I loved the TD catch that James Jones made on the LH side of Aaron Rodgers. That.... a tight window.

James Jones focus on that TD pass was amazing.

GO PACKERS !

That was a 2010-11 toss from Aaron for sure. He put that ball in a window the size of a basketball hoop from 70 feet away. It is beyond me how Jones can have trouble with simple over the shoulder catches and he then grabs those spirals appearing out of nowhere from behind a defender's hip.

woodbuck27
12-19-2012, 11:52 AM
That was a 2010-11 toss from Aaron for sure. He put that ball in a window the size of a basketball hoop from 70 feet away. It is beyond me how Jones can have trouble with simple over the shoulder catches and he then grabs those spirals appearing out of nowhere from behind a defender's hip.

That...was a wonderful catch. James Jones made it look easy but Aaron Rodgers had to get it right there.

I'm so happy that Aaron Rodgers has his confidence back in James Jones because he's dangerous and difficult to handle one on one.

GO PACK GO !

Pack Attack58
12-19-2012, 11:59 AM
James Jones has finally lived up to his potential. His size, speed & route running make him a tough cover. And even when he is covered tightly he has managed to come up with some amazing catches this year! With the injuries to Jordy & Jenings he picked a great time to take that next step!

MadtownPacker
12-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Packattack58. Nice post and it sure does seem like JJ is finding his place. Im calling it the "California Connection" cuz I like corny names. :lol:

mission
12-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Packattack58. Nice post and it sure does seem like JJ is finding his place. Im calling it the "California Connection" cuz I like corny names. :lol:

Yeah, that's pretty lame, but ya gotta love the Norcal boys connection this year. JJ has made some huge, huge, huge catches that almost don't even make sense.

MadtownPacker
12-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah, that's pretty lame, but ya gotta love the Norcal boys connection this year. JJ has made some huge, huge, huge catches that almost don't even make sense.Shut your piehole, that shit is bomb. Not sure if it says it in that article but JJ has 12 TDs. Saw something that said that's as many as Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, and Wes Welker, combined!