PDA

View Full Version : Titans Week

pbmax
12-19-2012, 01:00 PM
The list that refuses to grow shorter:

Tuesday's practice:

tom silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein
#Packers practice: Nine sit out. New to the list: Saturday, Lang, Green, Crabtree, Walden, Worthy. Woodson mostly scout team WR work.

tom silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein
Also out of practice for #Packers: Nelson, Starks, Wilson.

pbmax
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Voc So'oto signed to Redskins active roster

Otis Merrill, CB, takes his place

pittstang5
12-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Voc So'oto signed to Redskins active roster

Otis Merrill, CB, takes his place

Every game, every SINGLE game.....more injuries. This is Ri-GOD-DAMN-diculous.

Green: Concussion - bet ya I can guess when that happened.

Lang: Concussion - really?

Saturday: Neck/shoulder - Really?, from what? Not blocking ?

Walden: Ankle - probably from not keeping outside contain

Who else?

pittstang5
12-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Oh and now Crabtree and Worthy have caught the contagious "Hamstring Disease"

Fritz
12-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Oh and now Crabtree and Worthy have caught the contagious "Hamstring Disease"

And that's why I laughed out loud when I read a Detroit News article this morning in which Stafford explains that the reason the Lions suck so hard this year is the injuries.

Is Wilson ever coming back? Starks?

pbmax
12-19-2012, 11:18 PM
M3 expects Lang, Green and Walden to be able to go versus Titans. Nelson has also picked up his workout intensity though no practice yet.

Woodson still not cleared.

Fritz
12-20-2012, 06:36 AM
I'd like to see Walden held out here. He's slowed down as the season has gone on. Perhaps a week or two off would do him good. Let Zombo play. Let Dez Moses play.

Joemailman
12-20-2012, 06:48 AM
I wonder how the Packers will play this week. To me, this has all the trappings of a letdown game. Just beat the Bears in Chicago to clinch the division. Coming home to play a 5-9 Titans team. Packers do have something to play for, but it's not a must-win game.

Tony Oday
12-20-2012, 07:15 AM
I bet the line +13 for the Tirana in the under. Not a lot to play for when the eat of the seeds are pretty much locked up, we need people to lose.

pittstang5
12-20-2012, 07:30 AM
I wonder how the Packers will play this week. To me, this has all the trappings of a letdown game. Just beat the Bears in Chicago to clinch the division. Coming home to play a 5-9 Titans team. Packers do have something to play for, but it's not a must-win game.

Kansas City last year is what I'm expecting. A team the Packers should trounce, but will struggle against. They'll dare the Packers to run, Packers won't take advantage. I also read that the Titans def. has been coming on strong latley, but I didn't check who they actually played. I watched a little Monday night and their front 4 looked real good, but that's not saying much against the Jets.

hoosier
12-20-2012, 07:40 AM
I don't think the Packers will overlook Tennessee and I don't think the Titans have a chance of pulling off an upset. But it is concerning that key guys like Nelson and Woodson still aren't cleared to practice. If the Packers are going to get something meaningful from those two in the playoffs they will need a few weeks to reintegrate. Last year we saw what happened when players like Jennings and Clifton tried to play in a playoff game after multiple games off--not good.

Smeefers
12-20-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't think the Packers will overlook Tennessee and I don't think the Titans have a chance of pulling off an upset. But it is concerning that key guys like Nelson and Woodson still aren't cleared to practice. If the Packers are going to get something meaningful from those two in the playoffs they will need a few weeks to reintegrate. Last year we saw what happened when players like Jennings and Clifton tried to play in a playoff game after multiple games off--not good.

Well, at least we have a shot with Wood's replacement. That secondary has been the bomb lately. I read something on ESPN about how they've only allowed 3 deep balls in the last 4 games or something along those lines, but I can't seem to find the piece. The nice thing about having Jordy out is that we have 3 other guys who can pick up the slack. If he comes back in and under performs, the targets will just go to someone else. Quickly.

Joemailman
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM
A little concerned about the OL again. Van Roten has a back problem. They're hoping Saturday can practice tomorrow. Lang could not be tested for his concussion symptoms because he was home sick today. Hope the sickness isn't related to the concussion.

pbmax
12-20-2012, 01:36 PM
They probably threw their back out shoveling snow.

mmmdk
12-20-2012, 01:38 PM
So it's Boise St, Titans or something this week!? Just win baby, we can't lose.

pbmax
12-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Crap. Kuhn has an unknowable illness. Sounds existential. And more than a week to fix.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty
Packers practice update DNP: Green (concussion), Starks (knee), Saturday (neck), Lang (concussion), Kuhn (unknown), Crabtree (illness)

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty
Nelson (hamstring), Wilson (knee), Worthy (hamstring)

Walden and his ankle are back.

denverYooper
12-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Crap. Kuhn has an unknowable illness. Sounds existential. And more than a week to fix.

Maybe he just pushed the rock up the hill one too many times.

pbmax
12-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Maybe he just pushed the rock up the hill one too many times.

Sisyphus-itis is definitely a career-ender. Odysseus-itis takes nearly a decade to come back from.

George Cumby
12-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Sisyphus-itis is definitely a career-ender. Odysseus-itis takes nearly a decade to come back from.

Repped for classical allusions.

pbmax
12-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Nelson did sprints and agility drills. He might be ready for PE class next week.

pbmax
12-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Kuhn's unknowable absence is being explained as personal reason.

Hubris? Areté?

denverYooper
12-20-2012, 02:11 PM

Then again, maybe it's Nothing

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqMbnBphRhrYhf9tMqrVCOdOGHNAXpq WEqmt5S8m2ICU_0N6zs

denverYooper
12-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Kuhn's unknowable absence is being explained as personal reason.

Areté?

He could use some more of that this year.

mraynrand
12-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Sisyphus-itis is definitely a career-ender.

Nah, penicillin will clear that right up.

mraynrand
12-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Then again, maybe it's Nothing

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqMbnBphRhrYhf9tMqrVCOdOGHNAXpq WEqmt5S8m2ICU_0N6zs

I don't even understand the picture. Either I have the wrong myth, the wrong language, or both

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/uploads/authors/james-joyce/448x/james-joyce.jpg

Freak Out
12-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Ulysses or Odysseus? Is that Salk or Joyce?

pbmax
12-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod
Same scout stuff as usual for Woodson

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod
During portion available to media, Saturday seemed limited. EDS took most snaps at center

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod
#Packers practice: Lang, Saturday and Worthy return. No Alex Green, Jordy Nelson, John Kuhn, Starks, Van Roten, Crabtree, Wilson

pbmax
12-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Could have just skipped to this:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne
Inj: Cobb probable, Crabtree OUT, Alex Green questionable, Lang probable, Nelson OUT, Rodgers probable, Saturday probable, Starks OUT...

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne
More inj: Van Roten questionable, Walden probable, CJ Wilson OUT, Woodson OUT, Worthy questionable. #packers

Fritz
12-21-2012, 03:37 PM
This translates to no Green, no Worthy, no Van Roten.

pbmax
12-21-2012, 03:52 PM

Actually, of the questionable or worse, M3 was most confident about Green. He has one more hurdle to clear for his concussion to be ready for full go. Probably the independent neurologist examination.

woodbuck27
12-21-2012, 04:20 PM

Our side would have to have a complete meltdown to lose to the TITANS. This is a very bad football team. Without C. johnson's heroic's on this past MNF game Vs the jets the Jets would have won that game. Imagine that...the Jets nearly won that game except for that long CJ run for six.

pbmax
12-22-2012, 08:41 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jones-makes-most-of-chance-at-linebacker-q984cpj-184517581.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

McGinn expects Green to be ready. Lang was cleared and practiced, looks like he will start. Worthy practiced but is questionable. Walden was a full go but McGinn thinks he backs up Moses to start.

Kuhn had a personal matter to attend to, missed a couple of days but is expected back to play.

Nelson, Starks, Woodson, Wilson and Crabtree are out.

pbmax
12-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Barclay is now sick. Same as Lang and Crabtree (who apparently has an injury as well). He is now questionable.

Lang came back from this illness in one day. Of course, the question is who else did he infect?

By the way, if you are one of the people who claims they've never taken a sick day in their life, there is a phrase for you: Typhoid Mary.

RashanGary
12-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Well, at least it's against the Titans. Would love to be mostly healthy next week, get a bye week and then be at or near 100% for the divisional round. We'd be in great shape to make a run.

We have to keep seeing that secondary take strides, keep seeing the running game take strides. . . . It this team keeps trending the way it is and get's healthy, we're as good of a shot as anyone. The defense is really coming on.

LegandofthePack15
12-22-2012, 03:18 PM

No problem.

The more DuJuan Harris, the better. :grin:

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 03:28 PM
No problem just contain this fella:

http://www.mjhsbnn.com/nich-studentwork/nich-studentwork/aeakes/model/images/Chris-Johnson4.jpg

GO PACKERS !