PDA

View Full Version : Checking In With Joe Philbin

pbmax
12-19-2012, 11:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap2000000114019/Sound-FX-Joe-Philbin

Pretty neat mic'd up segment with the former Packers O coordinator, now the Dolphins head guy.

QBME
12-20-2012, 06:30 AM
I think the Packers miss Joe more than many people realize. From what I've read, he was responsible for game planning the next opponent. McCarthy is the play caller, but he worked within the Philbin outline. Losing Philbin is a contributing factor as to why the offense isn't clicking along as well as the past couple of years.

George Cumby
12-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Nice piece, PB. Thanks for posting.

Philbin sure comes across as a level-headed, smart guy. Maybe not a dynamic speaker/leader type but even-keeled and a good coach.

Smeefers
12-20-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm kind of surprised Joe isn't the play caller. I suppose he just stuck to his strengths when he came over and picked an o-cord that would cover his weaknesses.

I had no idea he was the game planner for us. That would surely explain the difficulties we've had with opposing D's... well, some of it anyway. It seems like everyone has just decided to beat us with a cover two spread, and it's no secret. There's no doubt though that he's missed.