PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Out, EDS In At Center

pbmax
12-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Someone in Patler's thread, maybe Patler, needs to post the lottery numbers for the weekend.

McCarthy did not commit to this in his press conference, saying Saturday should be able to go by Sunday but refusing to guaranteeing a start.

But Saturday, in an open locker room confirmed he was on the bench and that EDS would start.

Fritz
12-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Does Saturday get fined for leaking this?

And should we beware, since this is what many of us have wished for?

pbmax
12-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Does Saturday get fined for leaking this?

And should we beware, since this is what many of us have wished for?

That's what has me concerned. I learned a long time ago that any team that listened to me was doomed.

3irty1
12-21-2012, 03:13 PM
I think it puts our best 5 on the field. I'm a fan.

ND72
12-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Not a fan. I thin EDS is our worst OL.

woodbuck27
12-21-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114512/article/jeff-saturday-benched-by-green-bay-packers

Jeff Saturday benched by Green Bay Packers

By Kareem Copeland

Around the League Writer

Published: Dec. 21, 2012 at 03:07 p.m

Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Friday he has benched five-time Pro Bowler Jeff Saturday.

Saturday signed as a free agent with the Packers in March after Scott Wells signed with the St. Louis Rams. He started all 14 games at center this season.

Saturday was asked to evaluate himself.

"I've graded out well," said Saturday, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "You win 10 games, you win the division. So I've got no complaints with that."

GO PACKERS !

channtheman
12-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Grading the team when asked to evaluate yourself is never a good sign.

woodbuck27
12-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Grading the team when asked to evaluate yourself is never a good sign.

Maybe? the Packers might have won more than ten games without JS? There's alot to be said about a decision to bench Jeff Saturday while still staying with our kicker.

PACKERS !

Freak Out
12-21-2012, 04:22 PM
I saw this mentioned on Twitter....interesting. I guess if you are going to see how he'll do now is the time right?

pbmax
12-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I saw this mentioned on Twitter....interesting. I guess if you are going to see how he'll do now is the time right?

A year before you have to, yes I agree. But with 2 games before the playoffs? That seems odd.

Dunne said his take was that McGinn was possibly on to something when his numbers showed a decided uptick in Saturday's bad runs in the last few games. EDS is not the best pass blocker at Guard, but he can absolutely run block. My immediate concerns are identification of the defense and pass blocking when he is covered up by a nose tackle.

We'll see.

Rutnstrut
12-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Yup no drop off from Wells.

Bossman641
12-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Yup no drop off from Wells.

You have an unhealthy obsession with Wells

Joemailman
12-21-2012, 05:46 PM
We should have kept Wells. Since he's been out most of the year, MM would have been forced to with EDS and we'd know by now if he's any good at C or not.

RashanGary
12-21-2012, 06:17 PM
It will be interesting to see. Two games is just enough to get settled in. I know EDS got a game ball the week before the Lang/Barclay start. It might have been just two weeks ago. Maybe 3.

Anyway, I've heard a lot of good things about EDS as well. I've also read all of the bad pub on Saturday.

Now we watch and find out. If we didn't have the two weeks to get ready, I'd be more worried. But EDS has been practicing all year at all three positions. He's got himself in game shape by playing LG. He should be really strong and fresh having not played the full season. We might see an extra push in there. My guess is we play better up front. We've had real problems with interior pressure, even more-so than outside where we have two raw tackles.

denverYooper
12-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Maybe they want to see if they can just run the shit out of the ball for a couple of weeks to see how that feels. EDS is better in the run game than Saturday. So maybe they figure the best pass pro at this point will be a good running game. If it doesn't work out... well they've got the crafty vet ready.

Rutnstrut
12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
We should have kept Wells. Since he's been out most of the year, MM would have been forced to with EDS and we'd know by now if he's any good at C or not.

Perhaps Wells wouldn't have gotten injured as a Packer, I'm sure he would have but we'll never know.

Rutnstrut
12-21-2012, 06:51 PM
You have an unhealthy obsession with Wells

I more so said it to be an asshole, it's expected of me;)