PDA

View Full Version : YO.........WOULD THE REAL MVP PLEASE STAND UP

Bretsky
12-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Been listeing to NFL Network a lot lately. They keep debating on the MVP and throw out names such as Payton Manning, Tom Brady, AP, AROD a little, and even Luck and Griffin.

So I'd like to offer some thoughts and let you know who deserves to be standing up right now. Please offer your own views as well

Andrew Luck.....Seriously ? I think Luck might be a future star and has played quite well for a rookie. But the worst team in NFL to playoff logic is a bit flawed. This was a roster who made it to the playoffs year after year after year with Payton Manning. The Colts did perhaps the worst job in the NFL protecting themselves against an injury to Payton Manning, and that showed last week. Their QB play was so pathetic they couldn't win. With even an average backup (no, that is not Graham Harrell either), I think that team wins 7 games last year. Luck has played well.....well minus the 100 interceptions.....but dude is no MVP. DENIED as a legit candidate

RG III---Dude put up nice numbers and is a legit candidate for the Rook of the Year along with Russell the Great and Luck. Numbers wise, he's a pretty legitimate candidate and has propelled the Redskins into the NFL Playoff Hunt. If you are a Redskin fan, you have to be excited and the future is bright. The Redskins are a pretty well developed team. My view of Griffin as the MVP might actually have lost a bit of steam after watching an old nemises from the crappy Spartans look so good last week. Shannahan has really done a nice job surrounding RG3 with talent. Numbers wise, though, I think he's a condidate that will be considered in the top 4-5. Reality wise, he's not quite there as a legit candidate.

Aaron Rodgers- Homersism aside, what he's done this year is very impressive considering he's been working with an absolutely broken offensive line. Dude rarely throws with good form because he's spending so much time avoiding pass rushers exposing the Marshmellow and our make shift OL. He's been sacked and hit as much as any QB in the NFL, yet her continues to produce numbers and more importantly wins. Another main reason he's not seriously considered is the incredible season he put up last year...........this year....to some, is a disappointment if one ignores the situation
Legit Candidate............absolutely...........but AROD......no need to stand up

Payton Manning.......OK, let's get the fuzzy feelings out........you proved so many wrong and have propelled the Denver Broncos near the top....probably one of the two or three legitimate teams in the AFC....destined to have another playoff battle with Hoody Genius and Hoody Genius 2. To the Denver callers, he's the clear cut MVP. Now I'd like to give them a reality slapdown. The Broncos have legit frickin talent....TEEEBBBBOOWWWW.......wooo oooooo... as the chant went, lead this squad to the playoffs and one win in the playoffs. Undboutedly Manning makes them better, but I'm not sure I consider Denver an elite offense based on points scored by that offense per game. He's made them better, undoubtedly...but Legit MVP Candidate ? DENIED

Tom Brady.............Dude has great numbers. The lack of INT's has been incredible. Life is so dam unfair. Not only does Brady get the best coach in the NFL since Lombardi in Hoody Genius........but he also gets to work with the best Offensive Coordinator in the NFL as well in Hoody Genius Jr. We should have all seen this coming. Another historic season from Tom Brady....very talented team Incredible Numbers on a team surrounded with loads of talent on offense. Tom Brady.....Legit Candidate...absofrickinlutely........but no need to stand up Tom......watch and admire

All Day Peterson.........this dude....proves himself to be nother short of phenominal. One thing separating All Day from the others.........when you think of the surrounding cast.............wait....in MN....where is it ? Tough to even name multiple players above average on defense. J Allen....ok..maybe Greenwood...but who else ? Truth be told they aren't that good. Playmakers on offense ? Don't hold your breath. What QB helps elevate his play ? Ponder has been terrible. What WR protects him ? Percey I'm alway hurt this year Harvin has been out since AP has made his huge run. Truth be told Peterson is carrying this team on his back and each week when I think his run will be done he continues to impress. Does anybody think Vikings when we think playoffs ? In my mind on paper they are still the worst talent in the division. Without Peterson this IMO is a 2-3 win team this year. With him they almost make the playoffs.

AP, you are the real deal. Chalk it up. Stand your ass up and come get your trophy.
You are the MVP

Bretsky
12-22-2012, 08:34 AM
OK, now offer your breakdown of the real mvp as well. Or bash mine....bashing is always welcome !

Pugger
12-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Would they give it to AP if the queens miss the playoffs?

Bretsky
12-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Would they give it to AP if the queens miss the playoffs?

That is a legit question; I think it would be very ignorant to eliminate somebody based on that criteria. I also think some of the morons who have voting rights do.
The Vikings will not make the playoffs so I think time will tell

RashanGary
12-22-2012, 08:58 AM
I'd go Brady, Manning or Rodgers. A QB throws 30+ times a game and is responsible for setting pass protections, changing plays at the line, keeping the tempo of the game up, among other things. I would have a hard time voting for a non QB. Brady probably deserves it.

RashanGary
12-22-2012, 08:59 AM
There should be a best skill position award for WRs/RBs/TEs, going to the biggest playmaker. Call it the playmaker award or something.

Pugger
12-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Maybe give A OPOY?

To me Rodgers will not get it because he is competing against himself! :-| Because of his play last year even tho he is putting up numbers like Brady and Peyton a lot of talking heads see Aaron's numbers and go ho-hum. :razz:

Bretsky
12-22-2012, 09:07 AM
I'd go Brady, Manning or Rodgers. A QB throws 30+ times a game and is responsible for setting pass protections, changing plays at the line, keeping the tempo of the game up, among other things. I would have a hard time voting for a non QB. Brady probably deserves it.

I don't understand why Manning is in that converstation with Brady and Rodgers. He's had a nice year and maybe comeback player of the year, but MVP ?

To ignore AP is to ignore the surrounding cast. Maybe we look at the MVP criteria differently ?

Packers4Glory
12-22-2012, 10:15 AM
AP is the hands down MVP if the Vikes make the playoffs.

red
12-22-2012, 10:34 AM
you're spot on with peyton

tim "jesus fucker" tebow took this team deep into the playoffs last year. peyton has put up good numbers, but that team was also a contender with the worst QB in recent NFL history

red
12-22-2012, 10:36 AM
i've said it before, AP with the team he's on and what he's done coming off the injury, is having one of the greatest seasons ever by a player at any position

i'd rank brady a distant second, with a-rod very close behind

and i don't buy for a second that a qb nees to win the thing because he does so much. its like the old argument in baseball where a pitcher can't win MVP because he doesn't play every game.

pitchers and running backs do more when they have the ball then qb's or other baseball players do in multiple games

its MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. if you take AP out of the vikings equation, you might have a hard time finding how they win a single game this year. that team is completely devoid of talent outside AP and jared allen

pittstang5
12-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Bretsky - you could probably add Matt Ryan to that list - but with the other horses in that race, no way he gets it.

This year, it's defintely not cut and dry like last year. Arod was going to be the clear favorite. 15 and 1, the stats he had - you just knew. Seems QBs always get the attention and rightly so - they are usually the face of the franchise. This year, none are blowing it away as a clear-cut unbeatable machine.

Then you have AP. He's killing it this year. I think if he breaks the rushing record, there's no way he doesn't win MVP.

Upnorth
12-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Should be AP, but I bet it goes to Manning. My opinion is that not only did Denver make it with Tebow last year, but they have played one of the easiest scheduals in the league this year. RE ARod, after last year there is no way they will give it to him this year, also the pack while popular amoungst fans are some what left out by the media. I have heard more talk of Detroits injuries than ours. The thread showing what is left of our oline should be proof enough that Arod is a strong MVP canidate.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 11:45 AM
" All Day Peterson.........this dude....proves himself to be nother short of phenominal. One thing separating All Day from the others.........when you think of the surrounding cast.............wait....in MN....where is it ? Tough to even name multiple players above average on defense. J Allen....ok..maybe Greenwood...but who else ? Truth be told they aren't that good. Playmakers on offense ? Don't hold your breath. What QB helps elevate his play ? Ponder has been terrible. What WR protects him ? Percey I'm alway hurt this year Harvin has been out since AP has made his huge run. Truth be told Peterson is carrying this team on his back and each week when I think his run will be done he continues to impress. Does anybody think Vikings when we think playoffs ? In my mind on paper they are still the worst talent in the division. Without Peterson this IMO is a 2-3 win team this year. With him they almost make the playoffs.

AP, you are the real deal. Chalk it up. Stand your ass up and come get your trophy.

You are the MVP " ... B.

ABSOFRICKINLUTELY.

You invent new exclamatory words 'only' to celebrate exceptional people and achievements by such people.

If 'the REAL MVP' candidate steps to the podium to accept the trophy for this (2012) season, he'll look something like this:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFxhgMst9lVh7OoGa3RQ00YDNl6Ycyk yAtWjRMCoiKsGkxjkaL

and we're used to seeing him look like this:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/2b/1e/2b1e5ac86de942803a82228ba8eef029.jpg

most recently, this way:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDO0bBgfKXU2hooGjT7eigbETJDUkcx 4gBkLPzKW0p2wVhav4qVg

and this way:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCFEv61GH6XsBlw9VhiRdltYXZ98tdq 2pcHb8C1_8wZxOE_Eae

This running back has carried his team on his back. He's by far the main reason that the Vikings are even close today to securing a playoff berth. He's done this with a near miraculous and hard fought recovery from major knee damage suffered in a game Vs the Washington Redskins, at this time last year. He's worked his ass off to gain 1812 yards rushing and already deserves the MVP trophy.

Adrian Peterson is by far the MVP of the NFL. He may not be recognized generally by fans who traditionally look to the team leader as that teams QB; but Adrian Peterson is a teams greatest leader this season. The peope who will be responsible for voting on this valued award 'only' have to search inside themselves to see it's Adrian Peterson as the 'only' legitimate candidate to win the award this season.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/peterson_top_nfc_vote_getter_for_pro_bowl/12482725

Peterson top NFC vote-getter for Pro Bowl

21 Dec. 2012

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. Adrian Peterson's remarkable season in his return from knee surgery has led him to being the top vote-getter among all NFC players in fan balloting for the Pro Bowl.

Peterson, the Minnesota Vikings' four-time Pro Bowl back who leads the league with 1,812 rushing yards, finished fourth among all players in the fan voting with 828,225 votes.

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning received 993,045 votes to lead all players, followed by New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (908,099) and Houston Texans running back Arian Foster (829,591). Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (777,827) rounded out the top-5 vote-getters.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 12:08 PM

I had Tom Brady winning the MVP too until last week. Suddenly I switched to Aaron Rodgers and just as fast looked at it more carefully and it was obvious to me that AP was the man to best be chosen for the award.

I agree with B. When you study the quality of the Vikings roster and compare that with the Broncos,Pats and Packers. Adrian Peterson's achevement this season already earns him the MVP. The voters don't need to pick the winner based on his teams winning a playoff spot or moreso a Super Bowl. They 'only' need to look at what AP has done for his team 'almost single handidly' to give the Minnesota Vikings a plus in the win column.

The least eligible candidate IMO of the top for is Peyton Manning. The reality of the vote may very likely give him the nod. If so, that's very sad IMO.

LegandofthePack15
12-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Ice Ice Baby!

Jimx29
12-22-2012, 02:13 PM
You are the MVPQFT....that is unless Arod has 2 absolutely huge games.

RashanGary
12-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Unless the QB position was really down (and it's really not) I couldn't vote for a RB. Having the greatest season for a RB is great. The fact that RBs have meant very little to a team winning the SB, I just don't think they're nearly as important as QBs and as such, not nearly as valuable.

If I had to pick a player to be on my team this year. I'd take AR or Brady hands down over AP. AP may be more impressive, but valuable. . . Not in my opinion. That goes to the QB's.

Jimx29
12-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Ice Ice Baby!

http://i.imgur.com/m9Pi1.jpg

LegandofthePack15
12-22-2012, 02:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m9Pi1.jpg

LoL. Nice. :lol:

Matt Ryan is the MVP. No doubt, especially after Ice single handily destroyed the defending SB champs last week.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Unless the QB position was really down (and it's really not) I couldn't vote for a RB. Having the greatest season for a RB is great. The fact that RBs have meant very little to a team winning the SB, I just don't think they're nearly as important as QBs and as such, not nearly as valuable.

If I had to pick a player to be on my team this year. I'd take AR or Brady hands down over AP. AP may be more impressive, but valuable. . . Not in my opinion. That goes to the QB's.

For your consideration:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1454515-nfl-mvp-2012-adrian-peterson-deserves-award-more-than-qb-favorites

NFL MVP 2012: Adrian Peterson Deserves Award More Than QB Favorites

By Michael Dulka (Featured Columnist) ... December 22, 2012

THE .... NFL MVP !!!!!

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/000/657/577/hi-res-156286788_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=85

RashanGary
12-22-2012, 02:27 PM
This year, right now, I'd take Rodgers, Brady and Watt over Peterson on my team. Even this team, a team with no RB to speak of. JJ Watt instantly transforms our defense into elite IMO.

Imagine Watt, Pickett and Raji lining up in base defense with Matthews, Hawk and Jones at LB (I'd be fine having Jones outside if he was teamed with a brute like Watt or Raji in front of him) You get those guys on the field and our pass rush/run stopping is through the roof. We'd be as good as any defense in the league.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 02:35 PM
This year, right now, I'd take Rodgers, Brady and Watt over Peterson on my team. Even this team, a team with no RB to speak of. JJ Watt instantly transforms our defense into elite IMO.

Imagine Watt, Pickett and Raji lining up in base defense with Matthews, Hawk and Jones at LB (I'd be fine having Jones outside if he was teamed with a brute like Watt or Raji in front of him) You get those guys on the field and our pass rush/run stopping is through the roof. We'd be as good as any defense in the league.

I couldn't disagree with you but we're not talking scenarios here rather reality.

It's my honest impression >>> reality . . . that the NFL MVP in 2012 is easily 'a lowly RB' named Adrian Peterson.

Bretsky
12-22-2012, 04:03 PM

The fact that you place such a huge value on the QB position......consider how bad that position has been in MN this year....yet AP has carried that team to be a playoff contender ? He's the only RB who has come close to doing that. MN is not a playoff team. Not even close. But AD has carried them on his back and made them one.

No QB, yet still contending. Speaks volumes as to why he's he MVP

Bretsky
12-22-2012, 04:06 PM

OK, now you are going off of perception. I won't argue about taking one play over another. But AP has been more valuable this year in the NFL over JJ Watt (he's the easy one to pick on here). Texans still make the playoffs and are solid w/o Watt. MN is junk w/o AP. He's elevated them from crap to playoff consideratoin. To me that is what an MVP does. AROD has great receiving talend. Other QB's would be successful in GB and we'd make the playoffs. Maybe not as good, but we're still solid.

P.S......I too would start my team with AROD or BRADY....but in 2012.....AP deserves the MVP IMO

Packers4Glory
12-22-2012, 05:37 PM
MVP isn't about who you would start your team with. It's about the player who has been the most important and impactful player for his team. AP wins this hands down.

Yes a QB is the most important player on the team, but the fact that teams have won super bowls and have won deep into playoffs w/ back ups kills the idea that an MVP has to be a QB.

esoxx
12-22-2012, 11:11 PM
After the Lavender lose to the Texans and are essentiallly eliminated from the playoffs tomorrow, the PackerRats anonited MVP can sit his ass down. Fuck no MVP for a non-playoff participant from Minnesota. Give it to Calvin Johnson while you're at it.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 11:51 PM
After the Lavender lose to the Texans and are essentiallly eliminated from the playoffs tomorrow, the PackerRats anonited MVP can sit his ass down. Fuck no MVP for a non-playoff participant from Minnesota. Give it to Calvin Johnson while you're at it.

Your not an Adrian Peterson fan I take it.

Bretsky
12-22-2012, 11:56 PM
I've never subscribed to the belief that the MVP needs his team to make the playoffs. It's a miracle the Vikings have over six wins as it is

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 11:58 PM
I've never subscribed to the belief that the MVP needs his team to make the playoffs. It's a miracle the Vikings have over six wins as it is

Without him they have two wins.

esoxx
12-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Your not an Adrian Peterson fan I take it.

Last I checked he played for the Purple Slime. So no, I'm not an Adrian Peterson fan. You are correct Sir.

That doesn't mean I can't see his obvious talents and respect it b/c I do. I'm just not going to make a case for a player from a (likely) non-playoff team from the Land of 10,000 Failures to be ordained the MVP of the league. Drink the purple kool-aid all you want, but don't be surprised if there is resistence in Packerland.

Smidgeon
12-24-2012, 11:27 AM
...yet I bet Manning still wins it. Gut feeling.

swede
12-24-2012, 04:13 PM
...yet I bet Manning still wins it. Gut feeling.

I have a hard time remembering what the mvp protocol is without looking at the chart.

http://i.imgur.com/hwwi8.jpg

woodbuck27
12-24-2012, 07:54 PM
I have a hard time remembering what the mvp protocol is without looking at the chart.

http://i.imgur.com/hwwi8.jpg

LOL X 100 !

Destroy that please !!

HarveyWallbangers
12-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Peterson won't win the MVP because of one simple fact. His production has had little bearing on the Vikings win-loss percentage. He struggled at the start of the year (averaging little more than 80 yards/game) yet the Vikings were 4-1. During his recent 7 game explosion when he averaged like 170-180 yards/game, the Vikings went 3-4. This week he had an ordinary game--yet the Vikings won. Peterson averages more yards/game in Vikings loss than in Viking wins.

woodbuck27
12-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Peterson won't win the MVP because of one simple fact. His production has had little bearing on the Vikings win-loss percentage. He struggled at the start of the year (averaging little more than 80 yards/game) yet the Vikings were 4-1. During his recent 7 game explosion when he averaged like 170-180 yards/game, the Vikings went 3-4. This week he had an ordinary game--yet the Vikings won. Peterson averages more yards/game in Vikings loss than in Viking wins.

Fun with Stat's:

" Peterson averages more yards/game in Vikings loss than in Viking wins " HarveyWallbangers

My gosh Harvey your correct. AP averages 126.22 yards/game in Viking wins (9 games). AP averages 0.78 Yards/game more (127 yards/game) when the Vikings loose (6 games).

WOW ! 126.53 Yards/Game That's certainly not a huge factor in any Viking loss's, I wouldn't think.

When AP is used more the Vikings win decidedly more games.

Adrian Peterson's contribution to Viking wins cannot be underestimated. The Vikings are 7 W - 1 L when AP has >18 carries per game.

The Vikings are 2W - 5 L when AP has <19 carries per game.

pbmax
12-25-2012, 02:08 PM

I think you are giving the voters too much credit Harv. They will vote for Manning because he is a QB and they cannot comprehend any other vote absent extraordinary circumstances.

woodbuck27
12-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I think you are giving the voters too much credit Harv. They will vote for Manning because he is a QB and they cannot comprehend any other vote absent extraordinary circumstances.

If a QB must be the MVP then a close look reveals that that QB is Aaron Rodgers......not Peyton Manning.

RashanGary
12-26-2012, 02:09 AM

It's because the top 4 or 5 QBs are more valuable than any other player in the NFL. Welcome to the NFL.

Pugger
12-26-2012, 08:11 AM
If a QB must be the MVP then a close look reveals that that QB is Aaron Rodgers......not Peyton Manning.

Rodgers and Manning have very similar numbers this year but because of the circumstances surrounding him not playing at all last season and coming back from his neck issues I suspect Manning will win it. Rodgers has been great but everybody expected him to be and he isn't as fabulous as he was last year. I know that is unfair but Aaron has set the bar for himself ridiculously high. AP will get the OPOY.

Packers4Glory
12-26-2012, 09:44 AM
I will say Rodgers has to be looked at. his numbers are redonk esp when you consider his line has largely sucked and he's the most sacked QB in the lg I think..or damn near. He's got no left tackle and now he's got a UDFA at RT. crazy.

Then look at a guy like Cutler who has a shitty line and he puts up shitty numbers. A line helps, but elite QB's can still get the job done.

woodbuck27
12-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Rodgers and Manning have very similar numbers this year but because of the circumstances surrounding him not playing at all last season and coming back from his neck issues I suspect Manning will win it. Rodgers has been great but everybody expected him to be and he isn't as fabulous as he was last year. I know that is unfair but Aaron has set the bar for himself ridiculously high. AP will get the OPOY.

Your likely correct RE: AP and OPOY award.

MVP among QB's.

To see Peyton Manning win it over Aaron Rodgers considering all the Packer injuries and the number of SACKS on Aaron Rodgers. IMO that decision would demonstrate a total lack of meaning in terms of the words 'most' and valuable'.

The BRONCOS had so much in place before the arrival of Peyton Manning. The proof of that is that their QB was Tim Tebow when they advanced deep into the playoffs last season.

Where would the Packers be this season without Aaron Rodgers? I believe with more loss's than wins.

If the MVP must be a QB. Then it has to be Aaron Rodgers and a decline in his QB Rating is irrelevant; given that AR's is number one this season. Aaron Rodgers has the best QB rating @ 106.2 to Peyton Manning's QB Rating of 103.7 in 4th place.

Aaron Rodgers 46 SACKS. Peyton Manning 'only' 21 SACKS.

Aaron Rodgers 35 TD's and 8 Picks. Peyton Manning 34 TD's and 11 Picks.

All day the nod goes to Aaron Rodgers over Peyton Manning among QB's.

GO Aaron Rodgers.

Freak Out
12-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Frankenstein should get the Comeback Player of the year...not MVP. That should go to Purple Jesus or Arod.

Fritz
12-26-2012, 04:37 PM
How can Peterson not get that award? Of course, it's a dumb award. There are several players without whom their teams would be in the toilet. And then there are teams who remain in the toilet despite MVP-like players.

Like the Lions. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

woodbuck27
12-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Going to week 16

** Adrian Peterson is averaging more yardage per carry (6.3 yards) than Christian Ponder is averaging per attempt (5.9).

**Adrian Peterson's 1,812 rushing yards aren't too far behind Ponder's 2,527 passing yards for the season.

** Adrian Peterson has accounted for 45.3 percent of the Vikings' total offense with 2,023 total rushing and receiving yards.

Opposing teams are stacking the box because they know the Vikings won't be able to move the ball if Peterson can be shut down.

** It hasn't worked as Peterson has had at least ***a 20-yard run in 12 of the Vikings' 14 games (and he had a 20-yard reception in one of the two games he didn't have a 20-yard run).

** In six games, he's had runs of at least 50 yards.

*** NOTE: AP had 4 X 20 yard runs in week 16 @ Houston and attracted so much attention fron the Texan 'D' that C. Ponder was able to have a decent game and help the (9-6) Vikings to that surprize win in Houston; put them one more win away from a higly improbable 'at the beginning of the season' playoff berth.

It's all that that makes the MVP award a sham if Adrian Peterson is overlooked this season.

The voters must simply open their minds. AWARD the proper MVP 'Adrian Peterson' with the NFL MVP Honour.

There is IMO 'only' one other player that might justifiably win this award and he too is playing on an NFC North team. That players name is Aaron Rodgers.

smuggler
12-28-2012, 03:35 PM
From my standpoint, it's pretty close between Rodgers, Brady, and Manning. Watt and Geno Atkins are dark horses on the defensive side of the ball. The riff-raff will allow Adrian Peterson to collect the MVP, imo.

Pugger
12-29-2012, 07:11 AM
Will AP get the award if we keep him from getting the record tomorrow?

swede
12-29-2012, 03:51 PM

No. But he might if he gets the record with a slew of highlights, keys a victory that gets the Vikes into the playoffs and becomes the talk of ESPN-land.

Saving that, the east-coast pukes will give the award to Manning because suddenly, this year, total passing yards will be a more interesting and persuasive statistic than TD's, touchdown to interception ratio, and quarterback rating.

A huge, huge game by Aaron might make a few fingers waver and move away from the Manning button for a moment, but the flow chart will be consulted and order will be restored when we go ahead and crown Manning's ass, even though he is who we thought he was.

Kidding aside, I think Rodgers, Peterson, Manning and Brady are all worthy for consideration.

woodbuck27
12-29-2012, 04:04 PM

If we team tackle effectively tomorrow AP will be denied the record.

I believe that 'already' AP or Aaron Rodgers wins the MVP if the voters consider the canidates carefully. I believe that the Packers @ Viking game tomorrow should 'only' allow the voters to decide between these two NFC North Super Stars.

Peyton Manning does NOT deserve the NFL MVP this season. He 'only' deserves to be in the conversation along with those aforementioned and Tom Brady and maybe .... JJ Watt.

PACKERS !

Pugger
12-29-2012, 05:41 PM
I'll be shocked if Aaron gets a single vote this year.

sheepshead
12-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Dennis Miller Show ‏@DennisDMZ

Aaron Rodgers still the best QB on the planet.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM

Yes we did a fantastic job ! We kept Adrian peterson 9 yards short of that Eric Dickerson seasonal rushing record. That record of 2105 yards still stands. Adrian Peterson 'only' managed 199 yards yesterday Vs the Green Bay Packers and ended his season with a total of 2097 yards.

That 199 yard effort helped secure a playoff spot for his team. Without AP's amazing efforts this season the Vikings wouldn't be close to making the playoffs.

Now the 'only' reason that Adrian Peterson wil be denied the NFL MVP is if voters are numb with all things Peyton Manning.

Adrian Peterson is certainly deserving of the NFL MVP award in 2012. Adrian Peterson will be robbed if he doesn't get that award.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Dennis Miller Show ‏@DennisDMZ

Aaron Rodgers still the best QB on the planet.

He was the best 'OB' again in the NFL this season. He has had alot to deal with.

One of the biggest off season errors that TT made was not retaining our Pro Bowl center.

Going instead with an unknown. Jeff Saturday.

Please don't 'low ball' yourself.

Don't come back to me with a post on our former centers injury history in 2012. That had nothing to do with him as a Green Bay Packer.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
I'll be shocked if Aaron gets a single vote this year.

Aaron Rodgers will certainly get votes this season as the NFL MVP.

Count on that.

GO Aaron Rodgers ! GO PACKERS !!

gbgary
12-31-2012, 02:15 PM
it's peterson for me. not even close. AR had better stats than manning.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 02:18 PM
it's peterson for me. not even close. AR had better stats than manning.

No question and I just hope the voters get this one right.

IMO the closest to Adrian Peterson was our own Aaron Rodgers and if Peyton Manning is selected as MVP the award is certianly tarnished.

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes we did a fantastic job ! We kept Adrian peterson 9 yards short of that Eric Dickerson seasonal rushing record. That record of 2105 yards still stands. Adrian Peterson 'only' managed 199 yards yesterday Vs the Green Bay Packers and ended his season with a total of 2097 yards.

That 199 yard effort helped secure a playoff spot for his team. Without AP's amazing efforts this season the Vikings wouldn't be close to making the playoffs.

Now the 'only' reason that Adrian Peterson wil be denied the NFL MVP is if voters are numb with all things Peyton Manning.

Adrian Peterson is certainly deserving of the NFL MVP award in 2012. Adrian Peterson will be robbed if he doesn't get that award.

As much as I "dislike" Peterson b/c he's a Viking, he made a believer out of me yesterday. Therefore, I - a Pulitzer Prize winning sports writer for the Liberal Utopia - am withdrawing my vote for "Ice" Ryan in favor of Peterson.

Here's hoping Peterson pulls a hammy this week in practice and miss the game on Saturday. I am afraid of Adrian Peterson.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
As much as I "dislike" Peterson b/c he's a Viking, he made a believer out of me yesterday. Therefore, I - a Pulitzer Prize winning sports writer for the Liberal Utopia - am withdrawing my vote for "Ice" Ryan in favor of Peterson.

Here's hoping Peterson pulls a hammy this week in practice and miss the game on Saturday. I am afraid of Adrian Peterson.

Adrian Peterson is very very special. We were fortunae to see his amazing effort ... his performance yesterday. He's a class act. He was very pleased to see his team get to the playoffs.

The record...next season.

AP has more immediate concerns as do the Green Bay Packers.

RE: FEAR

There may be alot of fear expressed in Packer Nation this week 'in many forms'; but somehow we must see our team get it done and we will.

GO PACK GO !

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 02:40 PM
somehow we must see our team get it done and we will.

GO PACK GO !

Yep. Or its going to be a long winter.

woodbuck27
12-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Yep. Or its going to be a long winter.

Brutal.

One and out is just on many standpoints .... unacceptable.

So much down the drain. A whole new blue print.

We must NOT loose this Saturday. That cannot happen.

PACKERS !

LegandofthePack15
12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Brutal.

One and out is just on many standpoints .... unacceptable.

So much down the drain. A whole new blue print.

We must NOT loose this Saturday. That cannot happen.

PACKERS !

Agreed.

woodbuck27
01-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Adrian Peterson: MVP 'ALL DAY'

http://www.facebook.com/sportsnation/posts/312731832160799

He must be stopped on Sat. Jan. 05, 2013 in Lambeau Field !

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Chris Collingsworth said in the booth tonight Minny @ Green Bay. That for NFL MVP Adrian Peterson was his choice.

That he elected to vote for Adrian Peterson over both Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning; as both of these QB's he decided were very close as candidates. AP's season just stood out as really special and especially so, given his recovery from serious knee surgery.

LegandofthePack15
01-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Chris Collingsworth said in the booth tonight Minny @ Green Bay. That for NFL MVP Adrian Peterson was his choice.

That he elected to vote for Adrian Peterson over both Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning; as both of these QB's he decided were very close as candidates. AP's season just stood out as really special and especially so, given his recovery from serious knee surgery.

The media should just give AP the award right now and be done with it.

woodbuck27
02-02-2013, 08:02 PM
http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2013/02/adrian_peterson_wins_nfls_mvp.html

Adrian Peterson wins (2012 Season) NFL's MVP award over Peyton Manning night before Super Bowl 2013

By Tammy Nunez, NOLA.com The Times-Picayune The Times-Picayune

February 02, 2013 at 6:34 PM

" Adrian Peterson must have a crystal ball tucked under his arm like he did football all season. At the Pro Bowl, he predicted he would win the NFL’s MVP award and on the eve of Super Bowl XLVII, he found out he was right.

Peterson pulled the night's big hardware – the AP MVP of the league trophy in the second annual NFL Honors on Saturday night—upstaging fellow front-runner Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning for the honor at Mahalia Jackson Theater in New Orleans. Manning settled for the AP Comeback Player of the Year award.

It is Peterson's first NFL MVP award. "

Please click on the LINK above to see who won the other major NFL awards; ie DPOY; ROY; DROY; the Walter Payton Man of the Year award and Comeback Player of the Year award.