PDA

View Full Version : WHO DO YOU FEAR ?????

Bretsky
12-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Dude's, Pack is back in the playoffs. Now we get to see how the bracket plays out.
We basically know who is probably in the playoffs. Which teams would you fear, and which would you welcome...facing.......in the playoffs ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZeyEvJxR0E

Who do you think of here ? Yup....I don't care if they are playing like crap. Let's cut through the fluff. Nobody in their right mind would want GB to play the Giants. They just match up too well with us. Their steallar DL exposes our pathetic offensive line. They game play well agains out defense, and the experienced and smart players put together by GM Jerry Genius has put together seems to expose every weakness we have. GO DALLAS and WASHINGTON.

The best reason to get the 2 seed is not for homefield; it's to avoid the Giants

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQvB6OjHOU

Who does this remind you of ? Cut through the chase....we're all thinking about the same team. Coming off a 15-1 season, that dam 49er team with the arrogant prick as the coach physically broke us down. And they do it to nearly every team they play. That defense is so dam good. They physically dominate the teams with good offensive lines; what will they do with ours ? The homer is my still thinks it's a coin toss. Logic in me wonders what the San Fran DL will do to the likes of EDS and the marshmellow. AROD might get hit 15-20 times that game. They scare me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJfK-QLv27o

HMMM; who is this ? The Atlanta Falcons ? That's my I don't know. On one hand we seem to own the Falcons; on the other hand they seem to be playing their best ball right now and I'm worried that DL will tear our OL apart as well. Curious as to other views on this one. But when I think Falcons..........heck.............I DON'T KNOW

Pugger
12-22-2012, 09:00 AM
I agree, I have no desire to see the Gnats in the playoffs (followed by the 9ers). What would be ideal is if those clowns in NY miss the playoffs entirely! :bump:

Brando19
12-22-2012, 09:42 AM
NO desire to play the Giants. My second team is gonna surprise you....the Seahawks. Their defense is very physical and they've got a great running game. They're a younger version of the 49ers.

pittstang5
12-22-2012, 10:45 AM
I don't want the Giants for obvious reasons. 49ers now - scare me. I know we lost to them earlier, but their new QB seems way better than Smith. Even though we sucked against them, Smith is very beatable - Kaper-what's his face - seems on fire.

I don't want the Redskins if they make it in. The Redskins should have been out of all conversations weeks ago and they keep winning - that scares me. I want Seattle - I want them to come to Green Bay and get the shit kicked out of them. Everyone will be geared up for that game. Redemtion!

Atlanta - should scare me, but if we stay healthy - and the game is in Atlanta - I think we have the advantage.

Fritz
12-22-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't want the Giants for obvious reasons. 49ers now - scare me. I know we lost to them earlier, but their new QB seems way better than Smith. Even though we sucked against them, Smith is very beatable - Kaper-what's his face - seems on fire.

I don't want the Redskins if they make it in. The Redskins should have been out of all conversations weeks ago and they keep winning - that scares me. I want Seattle - I want them to come to Green Bay and get the shit kicked out of them. Everyone will be geared up for that game. Redemtion!

Atlanta - should scare me, but if we stay healthy - and the game is in Atlanta - I think we have the advantage.

I fear the reaper, despite what BOC says.

pbmax
12-22-2012, 12:02 PM

I got a FEVER! And the only prescription is MORE cowbell!

Only concern is the 49ers, only because I don't know how the Packers beat them yet. But this fear is mitigated by the fact that the 49ers lost to the Rams.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Fuck every other team and anyone who is their fan!!

But how about we avoid Eli and just kick Seattle, SF and Atl ass!!

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 12:46 PM
I agree with you B. The GIANTS are fricken' scary.

I also believe that we're going to play a scary team in our first round and that team will be:

THE NEW YORK GIANTS.

After we win that game and 'get the monkey off our back' we're traveling to San Francisco 'another scary team' and we'll win that one too.

Then it's off to scary Atlanta ....naw! Matt Ryan will be so scared of Aaron Rodgers he'll be crapping his pants when the whistle blows; he'll tighten up and down go the Falcons and we're off to the Super Bowl to play 'THE SCARY' New England Patriots.

The teams that will make the playoffs are often scary.

GO PACKERS !

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Giants and Redskins. RGIII would scare me in the playoffs. He's that good. Kind of like the year we had to play Vick in the playoffs.

denverYooper
12-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Just think of the satisfaction we'll get when the Pack smokes San Fransisco.

RashanGary
12-22-2012, 02:00 PM
I haven't watched the Redskins this year. Tough to say with them.

I don't fear the Cowboys, Seattle (at our place), Chicago or Minnesota.

I do fear the Giants, 49ers and Falcons. (this is not your same old Falcons) Their defense is far better, especially their pass defense. Those corners and safeties are fast and assignment sure. They are worlds better than they have been. Gonzo, White and Jones are a great set of weapons and they can run decent too)

No matter how it works out, the road to the SB is very difficult this year. Whoever gets there from the AFC, I think Denver and NE are going to be a tough task too. If we win this year, it's a big deal. The top of the NFC is brutal and the top 2 in the AFC are excellent too. It's a top heavy NFL this year.

George Cumby
12-22-2012, 02:48 PM
No-one.

ATL: over-rated. Look at their record, they are just squeaking by some poor teams.
NYG: schizoid. Just got annhiliated by the over-rated Falcons.
WSH: a team on the rise. A rook QB with not a lot of film, concerning with a Capers' defense but out-matched by the Pack.
SEA: Oh, please. Your house or ours. It's one thing to hang 50 on the Cards or Buff, we aren't them.
MN: A three game sweep in the season is well within the realm of possibility.
CHI: See above.
SF: Dec Packers are not the Sept Packers. Again, your house or ours.

SF, NYG and ATL can all beat us, but we can just as easily beat them.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 02:50 PM
I haven't watched the Redskins this year. Tough to say with them.

I don't fear the Cowboys, Seattle (at our place), Chicago or Minnesota.

I do fear the Giants, 49ers and Falcons. (this is not your same old Falcons) Their defense is far better, especially their pass defense. Those corners and safeties are fast and assignment sure. They are worlds better than they have been. Gonzo, White and Jones are a great set of weapons and they can run decent too)

No matter how it works out, the road to the SB is very difficult this year. Whoever gets there from the AFC, I think Denver and NE are going to be a tough task too. If we win this year, it's a big deal. The top of the NFC is brutal and the top 2 in the AFC are excellent too. It's a top heavy NFL this year.

" I haven't watched the Redskins this year. Tough to say with them.

I don't fear the Cowboys, Seattle (at our place), Chicago or Minnesota. " Justin Harrell

You don't need to fear the Cowboys, Bears or Vikings. All three will be out.

The Washington Redskins will have to try to deal with the Seattle Seahawks. If that goes down in Seattle, then the Seahawks go on to Atlanta.

" I do fear the Giants, 49ers and Falcons. " Justin Harrell

You should as these are the three teams we'll have to defeat 'in order' to get to the Super Bowl.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 03:40 PM

What about this fella?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTStB-0tG_CntAvjpS9SqQF2lY0I9-1Hq1M_y7ZY5iTevWvLulCoQ

RashanGary
12-22-2012, 04:03 PM
You should as these are the three teams we'll have to defeat 'in order' to get to the Super Bowl.

Sunday night is going to be really interesting. If Seattle can pull that thing off, and I really think they can, it will change up the whole look of this years NFC, especially considering there is a lot that could happen with the other playoff hopefuls. They have a short road though. I hope they make it. I'll just be placing some AFC bets, and none of them will be on Houston. For the Packers sake, and I'd rather lose money, I hope Houston makes it to the SB.

I watched Denver, NE, SF, GB, and ATL this week. I'll watch ATL tonight and then Seattle's last weeks game tomorrow morning. I'm not afraid of Houston. When it comes to the big 6, I think Houston is the closest thing to a pretender. I have a strong feeling they will get knocked off. Very overrated defense IMO, but I've only watched two games of theirs all year.

I'm going to hold off one more week before we really get into this conversation, but yeah, your scenario probably has the best chance of happening. I don't know if it's as likely as it looks at first blush though.

I was going to put 250 on the Giants to win the SB. 250 gets 5,000. Their secondary is just about to get healthy. If they make it, they're going to be beasts. Instead I just put 20 to win 400 :) It's going to be tough for them to get in. If they do though, they're as good as anyone in this entire race. That DL and secondary play off each other as well as any in the league. Unfortunately for them, they've had a brutal schedule and have gone through stretches missing their DL and other stretches without some of their big secondary pieces.

In short, I sure hope that's not the road, and I'll be crossing my fingers tomorrow for it not to be. Yeah, play anyone in the backyard is a great attitude, but this is the NFL. Anything can happen. 2 tough games beats the living shit out of three.

denverYooper
12-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Denver is pretty mean right now. That DL is pretty fierce and Von Miller is just filthy good. Jack's got that D tuned up pretty nice. Their main problem is that Hoody Genius (h/t Bretsky) seems to know how to make them run in circles, although the diff eq has changed quite a bit through the year.

On a tangent, JDR's kid QBs for Valor Christian, the team that won the CO 5A champs this year. When local news interviewed him after the game, I knew who he was right away. That kid is the spitting image of his pops. McCaffrey's kid plays for VC too.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Sunday night is going to be really interesting. If Seattle can pull that thing off, and I really think they can, it will change up the whole look of this years NFC, especially considering there is a lot that could happen with the other playoff hopefuls. They have a short road though. I hope they make it. I'll just be placing some AFC bets, and none of them will be on Houston. For the Packers sake, and I'd rather lose money, I hope Houston makes it to the SB.

I watched Denver, NE, SF, GB, and ATL this week. I'll watch ATL tonight and then Seattle's last weeks game tomorrow morning. I'm not afraid of Houston. When it comes to the big 6, I think Houston is the closest thing to a pretender. I have a strong feeling they will get knocked off. Very overrated defense IMO, but I've only watched two games of theirs all year.

I'm going to hold off one more week before we really get into this conversation, but yeah, your scenario probably has the best chance of happening. I don't know if it's as likely as it looks at first blush though.

I was going to put 250 on the Giants to win the SB. 250 gets 5,000. Their secondary is just about to get healthy. If they make it, they're going to be beasts. Instead I just put 20 to win 400 :) It's going to be tough for them to get in. If they do though, they're as good as anyone in this entire race. That DL and secondary play off each other as well as any in the league. Unfortunately for them, they've had a brutal schedule and have gone through stretches missing their DL and other stretches without some of their big secondary pieces.

In short, I sure hope that's not the road, and I'll be crossing my fingers tomorrow for it not to be. Yeah, play anyone in the backyard is a great attitude, but this is the NFL. Anything can happen. 2 tough games beats the living shit out of three.

Wow! Bet one dollar on the GIANTS and if they win the Super Bowl.... you win $20. Nice bet.

I see this. The Atlanta Falcons are monsters at home. They deserve more respect for this fact.

esoxx
12-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Mason Crosby

gbgary
12-22-2012, 11:03 PM
only the giants. they seem to have our number. they're turning into the early '90s cowboys to us.

Pugger
12-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Mason Crosby

You may be right. :sad:

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 11:56 PM
You may be right. :sad:

I fear MM's approval of Mason Crosby. I hope he blows up tomorrow and the reprieve is removed.

That he has to pack his bags and head south or east or west ...anywhere... a long ways away from Green Bay before the playoffs.

Patler
12-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Fear? No team. I hope the Packers play the Giants. I hope the Packers play SF. I hope they play Seattle. I have no desire to have them win a SB, and in the back of my mind think, "Thank goodness they didn't have to play "X". That's what makes winning it from the #6 seed so much fun. Winning as a #1 seed is satisfying, because the team proves itself during the year. Sometimes, winning it as a #2, 3 or #4 seed can feel a bit hollow.

woodbuck27
12-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Fear? No team. I hope the Packers play the Giants. I hope the Packers play SF. I hope they play Seattle. I have no desire to have them win a SB, and in the back of my mind think, "Thank goodness they didn't have to play "X". That's what makes winning it from the #6 seed so much fun. Winning as a #1 seed is satisfying, because the team proves itself during the year. Sometimes, winning it as a #2, 3 or #4 seed can feel a bit hollow.

" Sometimes, winning it as a #2, 3 or #4 seed can feel a bit hollow. " Patler

We're to trust that wisdom based on what?

It's your contention that winning a Super Bowl from ' the No. 2-4 seed, can feel, a bit hollow'. How did you arrive at that conclusion Patler?

Iron Mike
12-23-2012, 07:32 AM
You may be right.

I may be crazy.

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/gxEPV4kolz0/hqdefault.jpg

RashanGary
12-23-2012, 07:51 AM
I'd be more impressed woth the team if they ran this gauntlet of hell, but at the end of the day, I'm not so proud of a fan that we need to do it the hardest way possible to be proud. The SB is the SB. We're going to either play 3 really tough teams or 4. If we win it, I'm ecstatic for the players and us fans! Running the gauntlet is just a way to rub it in, how great we were at the end of the season.

woodbuck27
12-23-2012, 08:36 AM
I'd be more impressed woth the team if they ran this gauntlet of hell, but at the end of the day, I'm not so proud of a fan that we need to do it the hardest way possible to be proud. The SB is the SB. We're going to either play 3 really tough teams or 4. If we win it, I'm ecstatic for the players and us fans! Running the gauntlet is just a way to rub it in, how great we were at the end of the season.

No kidding.

A Super Bowl win is a magnificent achievement for the team that wins it; no matter where they were seeded in the playoffs.