PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't Suh.......DO WE REALLY WANT SEED #2 ?????

Bretsky
12-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Blasphemy, some would scream !!! But I think it's a legit question

Let's assume we win round one of the playoff if we are the 3

Would we rather face San Fran in Green Bay or in California ?
Crappy weather or bad weather ?

Is our team more apt to perform better in cold bad weather, or perfect conditions ?
Is our team more apt to beat a tough, intense, powerful defense in the cold or the sun ?
And which venue will give our offense the greatest chance to succeed ?

I will keep my bias aside but I'm curious what others thing. Let's assume, for argument sake, that the Giants don't make the playoffs (since they scare many here)

The simple answer is of course we want time off to heal and rest, but recent history sometimes suggests that week off actually hurts a team and they play a less than stellar game after having too much time off.

And one could also argue we have a finesse offense that woud perform far better in the sun while San Fran has the makeup of a team who could physically dominate us in bad weather.

Where do you stand on this issue ??????????????????????

Packers4Glory
12-22-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't want to play SF. we'll get murdered. They are built for any weather. Our best hope is they get knocked off by someone some how. I don't know what would have to happen for that to play out. The only chance we have vs SF is for their QB to shit himself under the playoff pressure. Sad but true. They can run and I don't like our O-line at all vs their front 7. mismatches all over the field there. MM would have to have a career day calling plays to keep Rodgers from being killed and the defense off balance.

Upnorth
12-22-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't want to play SF. we'll get murdered. They are built for any weather. Our best hope is they get knocked off by someone some how. I don't know what would have to happen for that to play out. The only chance we have vs SF is for their QB to shit himself under the playoff pressure. Sad but true. They can run and I don't like our O-line at all vs their front 7. mismatches all over the field there. MM would have to have a career day calling plays to keep Rodgers from being killed and the defense off balance.

I think if we played SF today the results would be different that week 1. Our Defence is better and have some outstanding rookies with experience now. We also have some sembelance of a run game, and while we have a worse pass blocking oline, we have a better run blocking oline (EDS and Barclay are both big upgrades in the run block this year).
I think we would play better in SF but I look forward to kapernick freezing his hands off in the cold.

pbmax
12-22-2012, 12:04 PM
This dome team stuff is WAY overrated. Home games all the way. 49ers don't want to be cold. Their ST can't handle the ball when its warm. Seaturkeys don't know what to do it anything other than rain.

If you could arrange to play the Giants in the Georgia Dome, that I will agree to.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 12:28 PM
This dome team stuff is WAY overrated. Home games all the way. 49ers don't want to be cold. Their ST can't handle the ball when its warm. Seaturkeys don't know what to do it anything other than rain.

If you could arrange to play the Giants in the Georgia Dome, that I will agree to.

I agree that I'd take that #2 seed all day.

I want home field advantage; especially so in January. January in Green Bay is a far cry from a Sept. game at a temperate Lambeau Field, if it's us Vs the San Fran 49ers, after the bye.

I want the San Fran 49ers (#3 seed) facing the New York GIANTS (#6 seed). The GIANTS have already defeated them in San Fran by a score of 26-3. Let them beat one another up. Bring the winner of that matchup to a more rested and healed Green Bay Packers team at Lambeau Field.

We need to 'get the monkey off our back' and defeat the GIANTS in Lambeau Field. No matter when we face the GIANTS in the playoffs; and I believe we will. We have to see our team get that done.

GO PACKERS !

George Cumby
12-22-2012, 12:30 PM
You buncha' pussies. Let's play them in the parking lot for fuck's sake.

woodbuck27
12-22-2012, 12:49 PM
You buncha' pussies. Let's play them in the parking lot for fuck's sake.

Yaa but ....... 'all that smelly sausage' !!

RashanGary
12-22-2012, 02:11 PM
I'd rather play at home. Kapernick is a really good player IMO, but as young as he is, playing on the road should be tougher for him than a veteran QB. There are still a lot of things that could happen. My ideal scenario would be the 2 seed with SF, or Seattle coming to us. Seattle preferably.

Jimx29
12-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Kapernick will fold like a cheap suit.

Pugger
12-22-2012, 04:53 PM

Like he did in NE? :???:

pbmax
12-22-2012, 07:43 PM

NE's defense can be had in a big way. Unless you are the Texans.

Iron Mike
12-23-2012, 07:28 AM
NE's defense can be had in a big way.

From your lips to God's ears. GB vs. NE in the SB!!!

Bretsky
12-23-2012, 10:04 AM
From your lips to God's ears. GB vs. NE in the SB!!!

That would be great...but I'd rather play any other team in the AFC

Fritz
12-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes, the bye week, please.

Joemailman
12-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Blasphemy, some would scream !!! But I think it's a legit question

Let's assume we win round one of the playoff if we are the 3

Would we rather face San Fran in Green Bay or in California ?
Crappy weather or bad weather ?

Is our team more apt to perform better in cold bad weather, or perfect conditions ?
Is our team more apt to beat a tough, intense, powerful defense in the cold or the sun ?
And which venue will give our offense the greatest chance to succeed ?

I will keep my bias aside but I'm curious what others thing. Let's assume, for argument sake, that the Giants don't make the playoffs (since they scare many here)

The simple answer is of course we want time off to heal and rest, but recent history sometimes suggests that week off actually hurts a team and they play a less than stellar game after having too much time off.

And one could also argue we have a finesse offense that woud perform far better in the sun while San Fran has the makeup of a team who could physically dominate us in bad weather.

Where do you stand on this issue ??????????????????????

The perception is that the Packers are a finesse offense. The reality is that over the past 6 games the Packers have run the ball 187 times while passing 180 times. They've run it pretty well too, averaging 4.2 YPC and 132 YPG. Allso, as they've run the ball more, Rodgers' YPA has actually gone up. The Packers are now a balanced offense.

gbgary
12-23-2012, 07:03 PM
if we get it fine but i'm perfectly happy with us playing in a dome after our home game. we kick ass in domes. warm hands means better throws, catches, and holding-on to the ball.

digitaldean
12-23-2012, 08:27 PM
you know what team I don't want to face in first round? Minnesota. Reason being it took a horrific performance by Ponder for us to win that game. The way they played today vs. Houston gives them MO for next week. If we can beat them next week and knock them out, I'll rest easier. We can beat the Bears, Cowgirls and the Skins. The Seahawks away from home are a little problematic but nowhere near as tough as at home. San Fran is proving vulnerable. The Giants beat them at home badly and they are getting spanked tonight by Seachickens in rainy Seattle. I don't care I'd like to ram the ball down either Carroll's or Harbaugh's throat at Lambeau. Both of those clowns are such pompous pricks.

woodbuck27
12-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Looks like we'll be playing in Minny next week to protect our newfound #2 seed.

That will be some game. I'm glad we're not going into the post season 'softly'.

GO PACKERS !

LegandofthePack15
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Looks like we'll be playing in Minny next week to protect our newfound #2 seed.

That will be some game. I'm glad we're not going into the post season 'softly'.

GO PACKERS !

By beating the Viking, we would be helping the Bears. Bittersweet, I guess.

RashanGary
12-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I like the matchup of any rookie or first year starter on the road against AR. The way our D is playing, the way our run game is starting to take off, the health of our team really bouncing back. . . . I think those pups are going to have a tough time going 60 minutes with AR on the other side. I liike the chances of them messing up more than we do. Let's not forget, we have playmakers on our side too. . . .

woodbuck27
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
By beating the Viking, we would be helping the Bears. Bittersweet, I guess.

Yup. 9-6 Bears at Lions next week. If the Skins take care of the Cowboys it's nice and neat. They win the NFC East. The wild carda are between the 49ers,Seahawks and Bears with either the Seahawks or 49ers winning the NFC West.

Nice and neat. NO GIANTS.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-24-2012, 10:15 AM
I like the matchup of any rookie or first year starter on the road against AR. The way our D is playing, the way our run game is starting to take off, the health of our team really bouncing back. . . . I think those pups are going to have a tough time going 60 minutes with AR on the other side. I liike the chances of them messing up more than we do. Let's not forget, we have playmakers on our side too. . . .

I'm with you; I really think we can do what we did in 2010. Next week against the Vikings is a must win. The NFC is very strong this year so getting the bye will help a lot. We need some luck though because we need good match ups to get there. I’m still worried about the o-line protecting Rodgers and to a lesser extent the d-line getting consistent pressure on the opposing QB. But its starting to have that feeling.

Pugger
12-24-2012, 10:20 AM

He and the 9ers folded up last night so you were right. ;-)

Freak Out
12-24-2012, 11:52 AM
The #2 seed would be so nice....get guys healthy/rested and a home game...? Yes please.

Packers4Glory
12-24-2012, 12:02 PM
The #2 seed would be so nice....get guys healthy/rested and a home game...? Yes please.

good in theory...however playing at home in the playoffs hasn't been good for us lately. We didn't exactly look real good coming off the bye week either. Only good thing is we have to win and play well to get it and not coast in.

MadtownPacker
12-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Bye and hopefully seattle has to go to GB followed up by a trip to the ATL on the way New Orleans!!!

George Cumby
12-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Bye and hopefully seattle has to go to GB followed up by a trip to the ATL on the way New Orleans!!!

N'Awlins. We LIKE N'Awlins.