PDA

View Full Version : Packerrats.com XBOX 360 Madden Championship

No Mo Moss
08-21-2006, 10:14 PM
If you have a 360 and plan on buying Madden 07 (because if you weren't we would question your sanity and other things), please report in here. I would like to get a little tourney going on here.

MadtownPacker
08-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Man, I dont game anymore and dont have a 360 but make sure to post the results.

]{ilr]3
08-22-2006, 06:27 AM
I was thinking about getting it, but I dont have X-live Gold membership to play on-line.

I would get beat too bad anyway. I just cant use those controllers the way i use to when i was a kid. Mostly I just play racing games and a few 3rd person games.

Mazzin
08-22-2006, 06:36 AM
How would we decide who actually gets to use the GreenBay Packers cuz thats the only team i would be, and im sure the same with others.

Im gettin it for 360 and have xbox live, but i dont know when im getting it exactly.

BallHawk
08-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Count me in.

]{ilr]3
08-22-2006, 07:09 AM
How would we decide who actually gets to use the GreenBay Packers cuz thats the only team i would be, and im sure the same with others.

Im gettin it for 360 and have xbox live, but i dont know when im getting it exactly.

2 Years ago for the Xbox you could both play the same team. One was in home uniforms and the other was the visitor.

BallHawk
08-22-2006, 07:46 AM
People but way to much emphasis on the teams when they play. I like to play as the Packers, obviously, but the skill of the team isn't most important. The number #1 most important thing when you play is playcalling I've beat countless people as a bad team like the Texans or the Lions, because of playcalling. Sure somebody may have Tom Brady, but who cares if all they're gonna do is throw deep into double coverage. I know a guy who used to play guard for the Radiers, and he's about 65 years old, and he can kick most people's ass. Not because he is a wizard with the controller, but he can read the defenses and the offenses. If you can do that, than you will win more games than you will lose.

Partial
08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
People but way to much emphasis on the teams when they play. I like to play as the Packers, obviously, but the skill of the team isn't most important. The number #1 most important thing when you play is playcalling I've beat countless people as a bad team like the Texans or the Lions, because of playcalling. Sure somebody may have Tom Brady, but who cares if all they're gonna do is throw deep into double coverage. I know a guy who used to play guard for the Radiers, and he's about 65 years old, and he can kick most people's ass. Not because he is a wizard with the controller, but he can read the defenses and the offenses. If you can do that, than you will win more games than you will lose.

Amen. In 2006, I am a big fan of the 4-3 defense and Jaguar playbook. Best playbooks in the game. I run my entire offense out of the I formation.

No Mo Moss
08-25-2006, 02:52 PM
We'll keep this thread going until enough people have the game, the system etc... Then once we have a decent number we'll all list of team preferences listed 1-10. We'll draw names and go from there. We'll do two divisions. Winner of each plays each other and then we have a winner.

thoughts?

Partial
08-25-2006, 03:00 PM
is xbox live free? I don't have a 360 or live, just a regular xbox that I modded into a media center PC

]{ilr]3
08-25-2006, 04:57 PM
is xbox live free? I don't have a 360 or live, just a regular xbox that I modded into a media center PC

When you have a 360 you get Xbox Live Silver for free, which gives you access to the Market Place where you can download free content or purchase other items like Arcade Games, Theme and other crap. To play Multi-player games you have to purchase Xbox Live Gold.

Sometimes they have free weekends. Not very often though

I am guessing that since your Xbox is modified that even if you purchase Xbox Live Gold that they wont let you connect. They verify that your console is original so they can try to control cheating and hacking and such. If they detect anything out of the ordinary your denied.

Charles Woodson
08-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Actually i have madden 07 for the 360 but i just bought the 360 off ebay yesterday, and im waiting for it to come...So count me in, it will be hear probly monday or tuesday

No Mo Moss
08-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Great! So let's see who's In.

No Mo
Charles Woodson
Mazzin
Ballhawk
RastaK

Who else?

Rastak
08-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Great! So let's see who's In.

No Mo
Charles Woodson
Mazzin
Ballhawk
RastaK

Who else?

I've been playing superstar mode exclusively, I guess I better start practicing the regular mode......

Charles Woodson
08-31-2006, 05:07 PM
just got my 360, and i have to say i dont like 07 at all, dont like the set up or anything, liked it for reg. xbox way better

Mazzin
09-01-2006, 02:04 PM
How many people we waiting for you again, I play a game or 2 online EVERYNIGHT, its sooo repetitive and there isn't any way that ne one can be THAT much better than the other.

My mic is broke, but i set it up to where i can hear people bitching over the TV but i can't respond which kinda sucks

God I hope i get the pack!

No Mo Moss
09-04-2006, 02:07 AM
I'm all about it. Challenge me my screen name is Killoran.

No Mo Moss
09-04-2006, 10:42 AM
RastaK what is your X-Box live screen name?