PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds - Week 16 GB vs Tenn

ThunderDan
12-23-2012, 05:37 PM
The Packers finally put all three phases of the game together today and the Titans played like a team that shipped it in after the Pack got up 27-0 in the third quarter.

The Packers will be watching tonights SF-SEA game to see if they will get a first week bye in the playoffs. There could be quite a few wild card teams that are mad about the Pack-Sea game when the final spots for the playoffs is determined.

STUDS:
ARod- 27/38 for 342 yards 3TDs 0INTs and 1 rushing TD. ARod played fantastic today. He had a couple more throws that he was off by a few feet that would have put him well over 400 yards. The first TD throw to Cobb was a thing of beauty.

Hawk and Jones - The ILB played extremely well today. They had 17 tackles and 3 sacks between them.

James Jones had 7 receptions for 100 yards and 1 TD.

Jermichael Finley had another solid week. 5 grabs for 70 yards and his run blocking was very good this week. He helped spring Harris on his TD run.

Ryan Grant - He finished with 20 carries for 80 yards and 2 TDs.

I could go on and on but I will let you guys fill in the rest.

DUDS:
None that come to mind. The Packers dominated TENN

Extras:
It was so nice listening to Dan and Bryant instead of Aikman and Buck. I wish we would get picked up by the AFL every week.

denverYooper
12-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Good game to try out EDS at center. Nice call by the coaching staff.

denverYooper
12-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Green Bay as a team is on the studs list. This was the first time this year they just flat out dominated a game.

digitaldean
12-23-2012, 08:15 PM
It also helped when the opposing QB had a case of Crosby-itis. That wide open TE could have walked to the endzone the coverage was so blown. That was about the only real bad play they had today. Also helped the Titans D kind of laid down in the 2nd half.

red
12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
boy, i didn't see any duds out there today, not even one dud play from anyone

did we even have any penalties?

that was a full on ass whooping today is every phase of the game

digitaldean
12-23-2012, 08:49 PM
I think we had one penalty in the 4th quarter, but that was it. Even Crosby, try as he might got the benefit of the inside doink to get the FG. Not sure he'll get that benefit in Twinkie Dome next week.

RashanGary
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM
I have a feeling we're going to see more and more of Ryan Grant. His legs are really fresh. For a guy his age, he hasn't seen a lot of wear and tear. I think he fits really well with our group too. He goes forward and doesn't make the OL block for a long time. He knows football, knows pass protection. . . .

I've always liked Grant, so maybe I'm biased, but I think he's going to be our guy here.

RashanGary
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Next week is going to be the big test for us. It would be nice to have CJ Wilson back for AP. It would be nice to have CJ, Pick and Raji in there with Neal, Worthy and Daniels off the bench. Then we have Matthews, Walden, Zombo and Moses playing OLB. Of course, Matthews plays every snap, but I think it helps for those OLBs getting a break too. . . We have the kind of defense that can get stronger as the game goes on.

I'd also love to see our run game stay on track. Those two things happen and we're looking as hot as any team in the NFL.

red
12-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I have a feeling we're going to see more and more of Ryan Grant. His legs are really fresh. For a guy his age, he hasn't seen a lot of wear and tear. I think he fits really well with our group too. He goes forward and doesn't make the OL block for a long time. He knows football, knows pass protection. . . .

I've always liked Grant, so maybe I'm biased, but I think he's going to be our guy here.

he just gets it, like benson did

hit the hole at full speed, or the line at full speed. if the line is there, your momentum might get you a few yards. if the hole is where its suppose to be, you're gonna get a big gain

i think other guys are just waiting too long for something to develop, and when the hole is there, they don't have the speed built up to hit it hard

grant could be our ace in the hole

Joemailman
12-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Vikings completely stuffed Texans running game. Whether the Packers can continue to run the ball well may decide this game.

woodbuck27
12-23-2012, 09:19 PM

hit the hole at full speed, or the line at full speed. if the line is there, your momentum might get you a few yards. if the hole is where its suppose to be, you're gonna get a big gain

i think other guys are just waiting too long for something to develop, and when the hole is there, they don't have the speed built up to hit it hard

That's what AP did for most of his day and when he hit it big he went for 20 to 20+ yards another four times. The rest of the time he was contained as he should expect to be.

woodbuck27
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Vikings completely stuffed Texans running game. Whether the Packers can continue to run the ball well may decide this game.

That Vikings 'D' was up for it today. The Viking 'D' was fired up !

denverYooper
12-24-2012, 09:04 AM
http://nfl.si.com/2012/12/23/randall-cobb-takes-advantage-of-bizarre-nfl-rule/

LegandofthePack15
12-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Just finished watching EVERY PLAY on Shortcuts. Some notes:

Rodgers - mini-mice for overthrowing an open Greg Jennings on a bomb-6 for the 3rd straight week. The two need to get N'Sync before the playoffs. Rodgers also overthrew James Jones.

On the Titans' first series, Matthews was lucky he wasn't called for unnecessary roughness for hitting Locker a day late on a HB draw.

Looked like Shields was to blame for the Titans' long bomb on their only scoring drive with under 2 minutes left to play; but if the Packers were actually playing zone, than Hayward would be at fault for chasing the post guy that was covered by a lb instead of the streaking guy Samwise let run past him. On the Titans' TD play, the defense wasn't set prior to the snap and then every Packer defender probably read qb sneak after the snap as the Titan's center was a million miles down the field. No call but who cares at that point of the game? Still, a shut out would've looked good on paper.

DuJuan Harris continues to impress. He's making the most out of his limited opportunities. McCarthy, feed this guy the rock more!!!

Barclay, McGinn probably will have nice things to say about this guy when his post-game review comes out. Ditto, the dude Ndamuthug Suh kicked in the nuts.

Overall, the Packers tyrannized the Titans. But stay humble, Pack fans! This was a mere victory over a hapless, tasteless team.

pbmax
12-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Caught part of second quarter when stopped for lunch and talked staff in non-Packer backing state to switch to Packer game. :D

EDS looks very natural at center. Saw him get pushed a bit in protection but run game and line calls all looked solid. Another solid personnel find for the front office. Watched highlights and read game stories and did not see him with a bad snap.

And kudos to Cobb and KYPack. Cobb for being smart enough to fool the radio announcers with his foot out of bounds kickoff recovery. KYPack for telling us this kid was a football brainiac.

Also Legand, radio said Shields got caught looking into the backfield on that completion. From my Official Packer Commentator Translation Almanac, that means, unless Shields was in single coverage wide with inside technique, he was playing zone.

George Cumby
12-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Also Legand, radio said Shields got caught looking into the backfield on that completion. From my Official Packer Commentator Translation Almanac, that means, unless Shields was in single coverage wide with inside technique, he was playing zone.

From my Un-Official Packerats Translation Almanac: You are an ignoramus.

Tony Oday
12-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Duds: Crosby. He is terrible. He should not only be released ASAP he should be banned from the NFL for life.

RashanGary
12-24-2012, 12:50 PM
When it comes to the Packers, there's nothing I dislike more than fans who boo the home team. If you don't like Crosby, fine, but the guy is giving everything he has out there. If he's not doing well, I understand wanting to see a new kicker, but booing him or MM (whoever it is you are pissed at) is classless at best, and cruel at worst. That goes for Finely too. Boo the hell out of the away team. Away teams get that. It's part of the fight. When it comes to booing your own guys, if you don't like them, don't go. A part of being a fan is being supportive. It lifts the team. Support helps people do more than they could do alone. It gives motivation, as a team, as a group united.

The duds to me are anyone who was booing Crosby. And that goes for Finley too a few weeks back. You might as well be throwing coke bottles. It's just as disrespectful and those guys don't deserve it. Oh, and chances are you don't know a fucking thing about working out of a kicking slump, or what a WR/TE goes through on a down slump. On top of being jerks, you're probably ignorant too for thinking you know enough to take it that far.

Oh, that said, it's not that big of a deal. It just pisses me off and I went on a tear about it. So FU guys :)

P.S. Finley pisses me off beyond belief.

Tony Oday
12-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Crosby blows and part of the gig for a professional athlete is if they are not good they get booed.

KYPack
12-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Just finished watching EVERY PLAY on Shortcuts. Some notes:

Rodgers - mini-mice for overthrowing an open Greg Jennings on a bomb-6 for the 3rd straight week. The two need to get N'Sync before the playoffs. Rodgers also overthrew James Jones.

On the Titans' first series, Matthews was lucky he wasn't called for unnecessary roughness for hitting Locker a day late on a HB draw.

Looked like Shields was to blame for the Titans' long bomb on their only scoring drive with under 2 minutes left to play; but if the Packers were actually playing zone, than Hayward would be at fault for chasing the post guy that was covered by a lb instead of the streaking guy Samwise let run past him. On the Titans' TD play, the defense wasn't set prior to the snap and then every Packer defender probably read qb sneak after the snap as the Titan's center was a million miles down the field. No call but who cares at that point of the game? Still, a shut out would've looked good on paper.

DuJuan Harris continues to impress. He's making the most out of his limited opportunities. McCarthy, feed this guy the rock more!!!

Barclay, McGinn probably will have nice things to say about this guy when his post-game review comes out. Ditto, the dude Ndamuthug Suh kicked in the nuts.

Overall, the Packers tyrannized the Titans. But stay humble, Pack fans! This was a mere victory over a hapless, tasteless team.

Firstly, Merry Christmas to PB and all my Rat pals.

Secondly, Tanky, you've been watching football for a long time, when you gonna begin to understand it?

On the "long bomb" given up to the Titans, the Pack were in a zone. As in zone blitz. They sent Walden, Jones and Tramon Williams on a dog. On the right side we were in zone. Zombo took the slot receiver in matchup coverage. IOW, he's got to cover him all over the field. Shields had the wide guy with Hayward deep giving help to either man, depending on the need and direction of the pass. The Titans picked up all the blitzers and Locker took the wide guy on a 9, down the sideline. Hayward came over to give help on the deep route, too late to do anything but make the tackle. That's blitz cover, if nobody gets home, you may get burned and we did.

Patler
12-25-2012, 11:27 AM

I have always liked Grant as well. Not a great back, but somehow the more he plays the better the running game is.

One of the O-linemen (I think Sitton) said after the game that Grant is easy to block for because he sets up the defenders so well.

Brandon494
12-25-2012, 02:02 PM
HA Grant has a nice game and everyone jumps back on the bandwagon, too bad we don't play the Titans every week.

LegandofthePack15
12-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Secondly, Tanky, you've been watching football for a long time, when you gonna begin to understand it?

On the "long bomb" given up to the Titans, the Pack were in a zone. As in zone blitz. They sent Walden, Jones and Tramon Williams on a dog. On the right side we were in zone. Zombo took the slot receiver in matchup coverage. IOW, he's got to cover him all over the field. Shields had the wide guy with Hayward deep giving help to either man, depending on the need and direction of the pass. The Titans picked up all the blitzers and Locker took the wide guy on a 9, down the sideline. Hayward came over to give help on the deep route, too late to do anything but make the tackle. That's blitz cover, if nobody gets home, you may get burned and we did.

Kentucky, if you read my post again, you'll see that I appear to be saying, "At first glance it looked like Shields was at fault for the bomb, but upon further review, it was Hayward fault instead."

Note: earlier this season, Shields was guilty of peaking too soon like he did on the aforementioned play and he allowed a bomb-6. I think it was against the Saints. I think the Packers were playing man on that play.

woodbuck27
12-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Firstly, Merry Christmas to PB and all my Rat pals.

" On the "long bomb" given up to the Titans, the Pack were in a zone. As in zone blitz. They sent Walden, Jones and Tramon Williams on a dog. On the right side we were in zone. Zombo took the slot receiver in matchup coverage. IOW, he's got to cover him all over the field. Shields had the wide guy with Hayward deep giving help to either man, depending on the need and direction of the pass. The Titans picked up all the blitzers and Locker took the wide guy on a 9, down the sideline. Hayward came over to give help on the deep route, too late to do anything but make the tackle. That's blitz cover, if nobody gets home, you may get burned and we did. " KYPack

And that........ Ladies and Gentleman is 'Footballeze'.

Packers4Glory
12-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Duds: MM

failing to pull Cobb when the game is out of reach. I hated when Williams was back there and I'm not a huge fan of seeing Cobb back there now, and esp not when a game is over. We've had enough injuries without creating a senseless one by keeping one of your best offensive weapons on returns come hell or high water.

KYPack
12-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Kentucky, if you read my post again, you'll see that I appear to be saying, "At first glance it looked like Shields was at fault for the bomb, but upon further review, it was Hayward fault instead."

Note: earlier this season, Shields was guilty of peaking too soon like he did on the aforementioned play and he allowed a bomb-6. I think it was against the Saints. I think the Packers were playing man on that play.

You appeared to say something? Well Tanky, it didn’t appear that you knew what you were talking about, so I didn’t know what you were mumbling about in that post. The Packers (Dom Capers) ran a fire zone on the pass you were talking about. You want to blame Hayward instead of Shields for the long play? Actually, it was a third DB that was to blame for the long gain. It was
Tramon Williams. He was the blitzer on the blitz side of the play. Capers set him up for success, but Titan reserve RB Jamie Harper made a perfect blitz pick-up and nobody from the 3 blitzing Packers got to Locker.

In a fire zone coverage, both man to man AND zone technique are employed. It’s zone on top, man underneath. The zone on top was thirds. Each deep Packer db has a third of the field to cover. Locker could’ve taken the slot receiver on the skinny post or Britt on the fly. He passed to Britt and Hayward made a pretty good play just to make the tackle. If Hayward would have committed sooner to the sideline route, Locker would have had an easy score with the post wr. Capers ran fire zone blitzes every pass play but the last one in the Titan’s last possession. With Wood out, he’s trying to see who can be his blitz corner. So far, we ain’t got one.
I notice you keep spamming for that Harris to be our RB. That play you reference is a big reason why he can’t be anything more than a spot or change of pace guy. The Titan’s Harper is 5’11” 230. Any NFL RB must be able to execute his pass pro responsibility. Harris is just too small to be effective blitz pick-up man. He’s like Sproles, an effective weapon, but only used in spots.

Fritz
12-26-2012, 01:43 PM
You appeared to say something? Well Tanky, it didn’t appear that you knew what you were talking about, so I didn’t know what you were mumbling about in that post. The Packers (Dom Capers) ran a fire zone on the pass you were talking about. You want to blame Hayward instead of Shields for the long play? Actually, it was a third DB that was to blame for the long gain. It was
Tramon Williams. He was the blitzer on the blitz side of the play. Capers set him up for success, but Titan reserve RB Jamie Harper made a perfect blitz pick-up and nobody from the 3 blitzing Packers got to Locker.

In a fire zone coverage, both man to man AND zone technique are employed. It’s zone on top, man underneath. The zone on top was thirds. Each deep Packer db has a third of the field to cover. Locker could’ve taken the slot receiver on the skinny post or Britt on the fly. He passed to Britt and Hayward made a pretty good play just to make the tackle. If Hayward would have committed sooner to the sideline route, Locker would have had an easy score with the post wr. Capers ran fire zone blitzes every pass play but the last one in the Titan’s last possession. With Wood out, he’s trying to see who can be his blitz corner. So far, we ain’t got one.
I notice you keep spamming for that Harris to be our RB. That play you reference is a big reason why he can’t be anything more than a spot or change of pace guy. The Titan’s Harper is 5’11” 230. Any NFL RB must be able to execute his pass pro responsibility. Harris is just too small to be effective blitz pick-up man. He’s like Sproles, an effective weapon, but only used in spots.

I find posts like yours to be very educational, so thanks, KY.

As for Harris, who's the odd man out when Starks is ready by the post season?

woodbuck27
12-26-2012, 01:52 PM

" I find posts like yours to be very educational, so thanks, KY. " Fritz

Really ! We are lucky to have posters like 'KY and' when he steps in for a visit 'Deputy Nutz' to enlighten most other members of Packerrats with their vast football knowledge.

Packerrats ! The BEST !!

RashanGary
12-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Yup. . . KY, Dnutz, ND. . . . There are some football guys here. Cool thing is, we all learn from guys like that. Over time, I see a lot of people becoming more knowledgable about everything - football.

woodbuck27
12-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Yup. . . KY, Dnutz, ND. . . . There are some football guys here. Cool thing is, we all learn from guys like that. Over time, I see a lot of people becoming more knowledgable about everything - football.

JH.... Your certainly a poster here that has demonstrated tremendous growth and insight. I value your input.

KYPack
12-26-2012, 03:02 PM

Thanks, boys.

If Nutz or ND would've posted something like that, I would've accepted it. With Tank, you gotta check the tape.

There's a bit of a logjam at RB. I think MM does wanna keep Harris for the change of pace aspect. Grant, Harris and a choice between Green or Starks. Coaches are superstitious, I think he may go with Starks to see if he's got one last play-off run in him.

Fritz
12-26-2012, 04:32 PM
I wonder if Green needs to play his way onto the postseason roster this Sunday.

LegandofthePack15
12-27-2012, 12:13 PM

Starks.

mmmdk
12-27-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't remember the Titans!